[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I tried asking /toy/, but I got no response so maybe you can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12
I tried asking /toy/, but I got no response so maybe you can help.

I wanted to try model building, but as, afaik, there's no super sentai kits, I figured I'd do the next best thing and try a gundam. is there a good site to buy from other than amazon? I'm in Canada. also, any recommendations for specific models?

pic unrelated, though super quantums are what's gotten me interested in sentai again.
>>
>>13533925
There is Super Sentai Minipla, but they are quite small and not that awesome.
>>
Hey asshat, there's literally a gunpla general on the same page as this thread. Do a little bit more research than none next time.
>>
File: IMG_1191.jpg (46 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1191.jpg
46 KB, 360x480
Mini-pla from Dekaranger onwards come with added articulation. They are fully-stickered but they do look good when painted up.

However...being candy toys, they are hard to find are are expensive when you do find them.
>>
>>13533925
>>>/toy/5296005
>>
>>13533982
Generals are cancer.
>>
>>13534873

Would you rather have Sentai, Rider, and Gunpla threads flooding the entire board?
>>
>>13533925
>Liking Xyz

Fusion is the only way to go for Machine gattai.
>>
>>13534873
Found the /a/ poster. Pray tell how generals are less efficient than making a new thread every single time you have a question or minor variation on the same subject?
>>
File: I feel cruel.png (1 MB, 1516x948) Image search: [Google]
I feel cruel.png
1 MB, 1516x948
>>13535163
VWXYZ was terrible though, and this way it allows the megazord to get stronger depending on how many sentai rangers and mechs were used for the GATTAI.
>>
>>13535626
>dragon penis
>awful
Pick one.
>>
>>13535667
>needs 5 unsearchable monsters, and AT LEAST 2 worthless, unusable fusions
>mandatory banish eff
>5 materials for 3k atk
yes, terrible. magnas, meanwhile, is debatably the best boss in the game, the Xyz to summon him are actually good, and the sentai rangers are good too and are not only searchable, but summon each other and the field enables them to GATTAI easier.
>>
>>13535673
I thought you were referring to the design. And what do you mean by searchable?
>>
>>13535708
all 5 of the monsters are generic level 4 machines, there's no cards that can add them from deck to hand(aside gear gigant X), or summon back en-masse from grave.

you basically have to PRAY to be able to draw into all of them, summon XYZ and VW, and get VWXYZ without getting interrupted, AND that they have no way to negate or remove your glorified piece of junk.

also, magnas looks way better then VWXYZ
>>
File: Saikyo Yuusha Roido Gundan.png (953 KB, 1029x497) Image search: [Google]
Saikyo Yuusha Roido Gundan.png
953 KB, 1029x497
>>13533925
>>13535667
Ga-ga-ga ga-ga-ga
>>
>>13535718
>magnas looks way better then VWXYZ
I'll agree there, but I don't think VWXYZ looks awful. Also what's the game from the image here >>13535626 Recently started playing YuGiOh again with Tag Force Special and I'd like to play it online with others if possible.
>>
File: 48020.jpg (33 KB, 200x290) Image search: [Google]
48020.jpg
33 KB, 200x290
>>13535738
there's a bunch of online simulators. my image was from Dueling network, a browser-based flash simulator. everything is manual.

there's also ygopro/devpro/salvation, which are downloaded games, and also automated.

avoid the general on /vg/ though, it's a cesspool.
>>13535734
gagaga?
>>
>>13535753
Okay thanks. Which of those simulators is the best and/or most populated?
>>
When are one of you card tards going to come up with a perfect super robot deck?
>>
File: 8EzNCvS.png (944 KB, 1172x936) Image search: [Google]
8EzNCvS.png
944 KB, 1172x936
>>13535758
afaik dueling network is the most populated, and I'd consider it the best, because ygopro/devpro/salvation occasionally have bugs in their automation and you have no way to contest it.

however, DN is also entirely manual, so you need to keep an eye on when things are triggered or activation timings, and there's also a LOT of turbo-scrubs. it's easy enough to avoid them after playing any significant amount of time in rated, but they still crop up.

>>13535773
could have just asked. I'm sitting at around 35-0 with this right now.
>>
>>13535779
>super sentai theme
>no that should cover all the super robots
>>
>>13535782
magnas is pretty much the only super robot worth running. the rest of them are unplayable garbage. I listed why XYZ are bad earlier, roids were a joke deck even in the anime, and inzektors are a kamen rider deck who were banlist slapped far too many times to be relevant.
>>
>>13535791
tiers are for queers

man up and make cards good yourself, kouji
>>
>>13535779
>turbo-scrubs.
What are those? Sorry for the many questions.

>>13535791
>inzektors are a kamen rider deck
Weren't there cards called Masked Heroes or something that were also Kamen Rider influenced? I remember one looking a lot like Hibiki
>>
File: dank law vs dark worlds.png (2 MB, 1530x956) Image search: [Google]
dank law vs dark worlds.png
2 MB, 1530x956
>>13535793
when I say VWXYZ are garbage, I mean they are GARBAGE. best you can do is MAYBE occasionally make VW, XY, XZ, or YZ, but they're all bad cards.

and I do play inzektors still, they're just horrid now and I lose more than I win.
>>13535796
turbo scrubs are exactly how they sound.
"I'm an OLD SCHOOL duelist"
>60 card deck scrub
"MST totally negates!"
>it doesn't
etc.

>Weren't there cards called Masked Heroes or something that were also Kamen Rider influenced? I remember one looking a lot like Hibiki

yes, masked heroes are influenced by kamen riders, though none are actually based on any specific ones. inzektors are directly based on kamen rider kabuto(I think konami actually got in trouble for HOW much they based them)
>>
File: howtolose101 loses.png (571 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
howtolose101 loses.png
571 KB, 1024x640
>>13535807
bigger pic of dark law, using it in inzektors
>>
File: MaskedHEROAnki-PGL2-EN-GScR-1E.png (331 KB, 300x440) Image search: [Google]
MaskedHEROAnki-PGL2-EN-GScR-1E.png
331 KB, 300x440
>>13535807
>though none are actually based on any specific ones
Not even Anki? It's design (at least the helmet) looks to be Hibiki inspired.
>>
>>13535910
as I said, based on kamen riders.

inzektors were directly inspired by kabuto.
>>
For what it's worth, my friend has an actual functioning GearGia deck he's been using to great efficiency.
>>
>>13535170
It becomes a hugbox/circle jerk where everyone is stuck on a similar mindset and emphasizes on trip/namefagging which is counterintuitive against the anonymous culture this board was built on, even moot is against generals when he did his final broadcast.
You may think im using buzzwords but thats what they generally are, the gunpla general used to be fine since people jsut help each other but now its always some faggot spamming the same renamed pics.
>>
>>13535791
>magnas is pretty much the only super robot worth running
Get on my level.
>>
>>13535910
Majin Bone?
>>
>>13535626
post build.
>>
>>13539826
That really does look an awful lot like Dragon Bone
>>
>>13536312
thank you <3
>>
>>13539962
No problem friend welcome to shitposting(TM) general!

Now post a picture of yourself and get comfortable for the circle jerking begins now!
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.