[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Cowboy Bebop a 26 episode OVA? Aside from the weird CG, it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: bebop.jpg (86 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
bebop.jpg
86 KB, 640x360
Was Cowboy Bebop a 26 episode OVA? Aside from the weird CG, it's easily the best-looking TV anime I've ever seen.
>>
It's a BONES anime say whatever you want their other departments but the animation team is top notch.
And I think it got some Toonami bucks to help out
>>
Is this a serious question?

No.
>>
>>13534089
>BONES
It was still Sunrise at the time.
>>
The term 'original video animation' or OVA is not a mark of quality, length, or budget. It's the anime equivalent of 'direct-to-video'.
>>
>>13534089
Bebop started airing in Japan before Toonami even had DBZ. Cartoon Network wasn't co-funding anything back then.
>>
>>13534103
>>13534966
Pretty sure he saw the Dandy image and jumped to conclusions.
>>
>>13533649
>he hasn't seen Hyouka
>>
>>13535028
>KyoAnus shitty digital compared to hand-drawn, three-tone shading
>>
iis space dandy s2 worth watching? i found the episode of s1 to be really hit or miss but i appreciated the variety in each one
does it get better?
>>
>>13535333
I thought s2 was a lot better overall. The ending is fantastic too, so I'd say yes.
>>
>>13535711

It looks much better from the screencaps I've seen. S1 was a piece of shit, honestly.
>>
>>13533649
Casshern Sins is prettier.
>>
>>13534116
This.

For every good looking OVA you can think of, there were 10 more that looked like shit and never became famous. The 80s OVA market was huge and eventually became over saturated with lots of shitty OVAs.
>>
>>13533649
iirc it was half on satellite tv, half to video. Like if half of Game of Thrones was on HBO but the rest was on the home video release

>>13535333
yeah, it builds momentum and actually brings some of the more lolwat things together

also try the dub
being able to strictly pay attention to the visuals instead of darting back and forth from the subs can make a difference
>>
>>13534103
It was specifically the Sunrise studio that turned into Bones, though. The movie was animated by Bones.
>>
>>13535333
S2 is kinda weird and experimental compared to S1, especially visually. They're both really fun though.
And I agree with >>13535824 the dub is great, and it helps focus on the crazy shit in the visuals.
>>
>>13535824
>>13536269
If subs distract you from the visuals there's something wrong with you.
>>
>>13538850
The subs force you to look at the bottom of the screen rather than grok the whole thing.
It's objective fact that reading subs doesn't let you take in all the visual information in one go.
>>
>>13535333
Its just as hit and miss as the first season and has the worst episode of the series in it but on the plus side the season opener is one of the best of the series.
>>
>>13544119
this
if it's just ranma and akane flapping their mouths at each other you can look away to read the subs and you don't miss anything, but dandy was very visual-heavy
>>
>>13544119
>The subs force you to look at the bottom of the screen rather than grok the whole thing
No, this is bullshit. Unless you're a literal fucking mouthbreathing retard who can't read, or if you sit way too close to the screen because you're an idiot, you never miss anything on screen. I genuinely think you're just dense if you need to focus on the subs in particular, instead of digesting them along with everything else on the screen at the same time.
>>
>>13544266
>you never miss anything on screen.
It's not a matter of missing things, it's a simple matter that you will be more focused visually on the subs at the bottom; while you're perfectly capable of seeing everything you /are/ going to get a different experience.
>>
Reading subs does not make me bottom focused. I have never missed an details since I barely need to focus on subs to read them.
>>
>/m/ - "why is char evil what robot fights nothing in this cartoon makes" mecha
>focusing on anything
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.