[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was he so popular to get a honorable mention in Turn A and G
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: patriciansdontneednames.png (58 KB, 286x400) Image search: [Google]
patriciansdontneednames.png
58 KB, 286x400
was he so popular to get a honorable mention in Turn A and G Reco? or is there some kind of joke about his name i'm missing?
>>
Who the fuck is that
>>
>>13533456
Uso's dad's decoy.
>>
>>13533374
By sacrificing the Reinforce Junior, he went down in history (And Queen Dianna's UC archive thing) as a hero and his name was never forgotten.
>>
>>13533374
he said the name of Jinn Gehenam would live on after his death or something. I dont thing Gim Ghingham sounds enough like it though for it to be a reference. Maybe the jahanam in g reco, but a lot of the suits were named after religous/mythological things so it might just be a coincidence
>>
File: Jamaican Daninghan.gif (36 KB, 385x550) Image search: [Google]
Jamaican Daninghan.gif
36 KB, 385x550
>>13533470
They're all related.
>>
>>13533374
Jahannam is the Arabic term for hell in Islam. Jinn is another Arabic word, for hidden supernatural beings made of fire. Jinn became "genie" in English, but we also just say jinn or djinn, to differentiate between their ancient depiction (jinn) and the kind that star in sitcoms and get voiced by Robin Williams (genies).

So, Jinn Gehenam (Jinn Jahannam) is just an over-the-top name Hangelg or someone else thought of, not unlike "League Militaire" itself.

Genganam and Ghingham sound similar to Jahannam, but I can't be sure it was intentional. There is probably an in-universe connection between the city's name and Gym's family's, since the family built the city thousands of years before Turn A. But Gingham is "a medium-weight balanced plain-woven fabric made from dyed cotton or cotton-blend yarn," so maybe that's where Tomino or whoever got his name. It fits in to the Americana theme, even though a Moonrace guy shouldn't really belong to that theme.

Then there's G-Reco's Zaku-like Jahannam mobile suit, which is most clearly named after the Islamic Jahannam.

So the three could've all been named independently, in-universe and out. But let's imagine if they were referencing each other.

>In Victory, Hangelg Ewin sounds like a living legend, the leader of the strongest resistance, so important he needs a body double.
>Known and feared as "Jinn Gehenam," his legend lived on after his death, eventually recorded in the Dark History.
>Thousands of years later, a militaristic Moonrace clan names themselves after Hangelg's persona, but the name is corrupted from "Gehenam/Jahannam" to "Ghingham."
>They also name their city after him, also corrupted, but in a different way.
>Thousands of years later, the Ameria constructs a mobile suit based off blueprints leaked from the Rose of Hermes. They name it after Hangelg, Gym's family, or both, and they pronounce it correctly this time.
>>
>>13534132
>and get voiced by Robin Williams
got
;_;
>>
>>13534132
>the Ameria constructs a mobile suit based off blueprints leaked from the Rose of Hermes
Wasn't that based on the Grimoire/Montero? Or am I remembering it wrong?
>>
>>13534299
No, you're correct, I was wrong.

Unless the Grimoire was based on the Rose of Hermes, then I was sort of right? I guess I just assume all RC tech is based on Rose of Hermes data, in one way or another.
>>
>>13534132
His name is Ginghnam, not Gingham. So it's Genganam with different vowels.
>>
File: GINN Jahannam.jpg (168 KB, 1266x478) Image search: [Google]
GINN Jahannam.jpg
168 KB, 1266x478
>>13533374
>>
>>13533374
Never forget /m/.
Never
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GYB1neCEic
>>
>>13533374

Uso's dad role as leader was a secret, so the name of the decoy passed on history as he was the real thing.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.