[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Orchestrate a war that threatens the existence of humanity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 30
>Orchestrate a war that threatens the existence of humanity because someone said you weren't special enough

Holy shit, do rival pilots get any worse than this?
>>
>>13530143
Yes they do.
>>
The single worst Gundam rival.
>>
>>13530143
They're not exactly rational, they have a MASSIVE inferiority comples. They actually do have an extremely rare and useful gift, but "Category F" stands for "Failure" which is a fair bit worse than "Category Not Special Enough". Not saying they're justified or anything, but there is a reason they have the complex that they have. Still 100% better than fucking Mask.
>>
>>13530180
Found the newfag
>>
>>13530198
Nah, I just refuse to play into the "G-Reco was perfection" meme.
>>
>>13530143
I liked that their ambitions were ultimately revealed to be extremely petty. It made them human.
>>
>>13530198
Luin failed at pretty much everything. He wasn't even really a rival, he was just that repeat character who lost all the time.
>>
>>13530180
>>13530224
At least pay attention to the shows you watch.
>>
Pettiness: the villain
>>
>>13530143
>Holy shit, do rival pilots get any worse than this?

Frost bothers were one of the better rivals in Gundam. Sure, their motives and reasons suck but that doesn't make them any less cool.
>>
Did they always have the Satellite Launcher and just choose to not use it until the end, or was that an upgrade?
>>
>>13530269
It was added when their Gundams were upgraded.
>>
>>13530269
That was an upgrade, Virsago Chest Break.
>>
>>13530242
>mention anything about G-Reco being unimpressive
>someone echoes "pay attention" maymay
lol never fails
>>
>>13530143
this isn't any different from people who do school shootings
>>
>>13530224
>Luin failed at pretty much everything
>One of the few Mask characters to get a good ending
>One of the few Mask characters to beat the Gundam
>lol he failed because I said so

Okay, still jacking off to ChocoChar the guy who hasn't done anything yet.
>>
File: 1447905160175.png (137 KB, 431x242) Image search: [Google]
1447905160175.png
137 KB, 431x242
>>13530224
>he was just that repeat character who lost all the time.
So just like every Char clone
>>13530286
>Someone points out Luin sucks because he lost all the time
>people point out that this is true for all Mask characters
>Someone points out at how petty and unreasonable he was
>People point out it was the same for Char and the rest of the clones

Still not seeing what makes Luin so bad in comparison to the rest especially when he's among the few who got a good end. Maybe all G-Recohaters are newshits who expect all Char clones to be as lame as Zechs.
>>
>>13530381
Other than /m/'s general desperation to find something to shitpost about now that people got tired of VVV, Mask's perceived problem is the fact that people for some reason don't believe that Kuntala were actually persecuted, and that he's fighting over imaginary racism. Which is ridiculous.
>>
File: KTPfvxu[1].png (99 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
KTPfvxu[1].png
99 KB, 400x300
>>13530153
and even worse
>>
>>13530265
>Frost bothers were one of the better rivals in Gundam

Never encountered such a shitty opinion.
>>
>>13530381
Did Mask manage to shoot down and kill even a single character?
>>
>>13530456
Mask shot down a whole bunch of Amerian mooks on several occasions.

You shouldn't judge a character's abilities by whether or not they killed main characters.
>>
>rused literally every character on the show
>cool as fuck ace pilots
>pilot one of the few well executed 'evil gundams'
>succeed in their plans completely
Also they were the ones who truly ended the war since contact between earth and the colonies was going to happen soon anyway, but they killed the two leaders and in the long run saved many civillian lives
>>
>>13530143
This guy is the worst rival pilot.
>>
>>13530459
Oh, so every other rival is still superior to him. Alright.
>>
>>13530459
You shouldn't tell other people what to base their judgements on. Did he kill a single named character? I just remember him attacking and retreating over and over like Cobra Commander.
>>
>>13530473
>Go stalled by a bunch of people who were on foot so the protagonist could escape.
>Lose to underclassman protag despite having 3 years more experience.
>Die without accomplishing anything. Couldn't even get revenge.
I guess you could argue Rean had more giant robot fighting experience while Crow only had more pilot time.
>>
>>13530476
You know who never shot down anybody? Char. Char didn't even have any mooks to clean out.

>>13530477
There are a LOT of rivals in mecha who never kill a single named character. It's a matter of having double standards.
>>
>>13530485
Char was only really involved in two battles where he faced off against anything more than the Gundam, and at both Jaburo and A Baoa Qu, he managed to take down a decent amount of GMs.
>>
>>13530143

hey they at least got shit done
>>
>>13530269
They also had to hack into the moon base before they were able to use it since DOME and shit
>>
>>13530400

It's not even that. It's that Kuntala aren't really being persecuted anymore and they aren't even easily identified but he keeps going on and on about it to the point where he's persecuted because he's pissing people off.

He's the equivalent of the SJW who intentionally tries to get bigots fired up so they can get on their soapbox and feel good about having the moral high ground.
>>
File: Jerid.Messa.full.424642.jpg (2 MB, 1505x1756) Image search: [Google]
Jerid.Messa.full.424642.jpg
2 MB, 1505x1756
People shit on him constantly despite the fact that he mass murdered all over the place, he almost blew up the entire Axis advance fleet during the Gates of Zedan.
>>
>>13530476
>Oh, so every other rival is still superior to him.
Yeah I remember all those main characters Graham killed.
>>
>>13530218

That's exactly why they and Gundam X failed in Japan though.
>>
>>13530511
>You shouldn't judge rivals by how many main characters they killed!
>I'm going to do it though! :)
Oh you.
>>
>>13530511
Hell despite the amount if wanking Graham gets he barely took out anyone. He had one awesome moment in S1 and just deteriorated after that.
>>
>>13530492
He also shot those old men getting off the White Base in the desert. And he was directly responsible for getting Garma killed. And he shot Kycilia in the face with a bazooka. So even if you ignore the old men (not sure if they were actually named) and discount his responsibility for Garma, he still killed the last remaining Zabi monarch.
Rau killed Fllay, the Frost Brothers killed the guy who could use the Flash System, Athrun killed Tolle, Ali killed Lockon, Shinn killed Captain Tokada, Chris killed Bernie, and Gato killed half the fucking EF Fleet.
Honestly I can't remember who Chronicle and Katejina killed, Victory was just SO MUCH BLOOD. And I only sat through Wing once so I don't remember if Zechs killed anybody.
Mask killed _______?
>>
>>13530153
>>13530424
I think I might've found a character arc for Katejina, but I can't tell how intentional it was. In short, her willingness to join Zanscare might not have been as random as it seemed.
>The first episodes establishes that she hates the Earth elites of Woowig, even saying they got what they deserved after the city was ruined.
>She shows a lot of disgust towards the League Militaire for using a thirteen-year-old as the center of their battle strategy. She can't have complete trust in the LM after that, and that's actually pretty understandable.
>Chronicle is a pretty stand-up guy, and he protects her from his rapey comrade. If Chronicle fights for Zanscare, maybe their goals are worth looking into.
>But she's still his prisoner, so you can throw a little Stockholm syndrome into her mix of motivations.
>When she first sees the Zanscare MSs at Largain, she mentions how pretty they are, which might've been to let us know she'd wind up a pilot eventually.
It's still pretty incomprehensible when she first tries to kill the thirteen-year-old whose endangerment made her so angry with the LM, but once you get deep enough into a cult-mentality you can't bear the thought of backing out, and it's not like she was going to convince Ãœsso to leave the LM, he was a lost cause.

Well, Tomino probably agreed that he did a bad job giving Katejina an understandable motivation, since he apparently pulled the Cyber-Newtype Card in his novelization.

>>13530224
>>13530456
I think the real problem with Luin is that all his badassery happened off-screen. Taking the Kashiba Mikoshi while the main characters were returning from the Venus Globe seemed like a big deal. I liked his little speech about Bellri he gave to Manny when they were alone, that felt genuinely Char-ish. He sounded like he went through a lot while Manny was gone.
>>
File: 1448039344486.png (858 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1448039344486.png
858 KB, 1366x768
>>13530516
>>13530476
>Mask is shit because he didn't take out enough mooks

Do you even know what you're complaining about anymore?
>>
File: AltronEW.jpg (2 MB, 5704x3928) Image search: [Google]
AltronEW.jpg
2 MB, 5704x3928
>>13530143
Well, there's always Wufei
>>
>>13530521
>And I only sat through Wing once so I don't remember if Zechs killed anybody.

Nobody important. But Zechs was a weird rival. Half the time he was unintentionally helping the Gundam pilots and the only "rival" thing he did was pick fights with Heero.

Of course Zechs did fight all the other 4 Gundam's at once and was winning twice, so he kind of proved his mettle.
>>
>>13530524
Mask is shit because he took out fewer mooks than basically everybody. Even Fa probably did better, though I didn't keep track of her kills either.
>>
>>13530523
>I think the real problem with Luin is that all his badassery happened off-screen.
Just like Char.
>>
>>13530531
>>
>>13530536
Are you BSODing right now or something? You said rivals shouldn't be judged by how many main characters they killed, so I'm judging them by how many mooks they killed or at least shot down.

You're the one fixated on the main character aspect.
>>
>>13530523
>Tomino probably agreed that he did a bad job giving Katejina an understandable motivation
Quite the opposite. He hated Bandai's intervention in the writing process and tried to deliberately ruin the show. He wanted space, but they demanded earth so he made battleships anyway but made them stupid motorcycles (which turned out to be awesome). He made nice-girl Katejina go psycho and created the shrikes just to kill them off one at a time to make viewers mad at the show. It was basically a writer's temper-tantrum at being told what to do.
>>
>>13530523
The cyber-newtype thing was sorta in the series too. In one of the later episodes, she calls Cronicle via newtype connection.
>>
>>13530546
>Tomino intentionally tries to sabotage a show
>It turns out alright

>Tomino tries his hardest to make a show
>It's shit

Strange, isn't it?
>>
>>13530531
Now that you mention it, he was more of a "rival Fa" than a Char considering how consistently his sortees ended with him getting shot down. Char would usually escape and return home with a functional MS.
>>
File: 1445699756901.jpg (65 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445699756901.jpg
65 KB, 1920x1080
>>13530521
>Rau killed Fllay, the Frost Brothers killed the guy who could use the Flash System, Athrun killed Tolle
Wow...its fucking nothing
>Ali
Isn't even a rival and became a non-enity as the series went on
>Shinn killed Captain Tokada, Chris killed Bernie
Not rivals.

You are seriously grasping for straws.

>>13530541
You keep flip flopping because you have no argument.
>>
>>13530509
>>13530400
It's more a middle ground, like people are racist (many use kuntala as an insult) but there isn't the same persecution towards them.

Like Not-Yazan insults Luin for being a kuntala but then goes lol it's banter you're alright kid. Luin has the right to complain but instead of just saying please don't do that he gets it in his head their is some big thing against it and he must take huge action for muh prido
>>
>>13530556
I think you're sleep deprived. Go get some sleep, anon.
>>
>>13530560
I think you're out of things to complain about. Get iff the internet for a while.
>>
>>13530143

Well Rau tries to do basically the same thing because of clone butthurt.
>>
>>13530562
You seem like a hothead. Go splash some cold water on your face.
>>
>>13530568
Your arm must be strained from grasping at straws all night. You should stop typing and give it a rest.
>>
>>13530548
>she calls Cronicle via newtype connection
But did anything suggest Cyber-Newtype power? Cyber-Newtypes are associated with sudden mental instability and bloodlust in a way natural Newtypes aren't.

>>13530546
If your point is that Tomino was trying to do a bad job, that's still Tomino thinking he did a bad job... but anyway, where does that info come from? Of course I've heard the story, and I've heard that in the Japanese release of the DVDs he wrote a message saying not to watch it, but is Tomino himself on record saying he tried to sabotage it, or did coworkers say that?

I think I kind of don't want to believe it, because I, too, love those Motorad ships. And the gloominess.
>>
>>13530556
>Shinn
>Not rival
Are you on crack?
And Chris vs Bernie was the final boss fight of 0080.
>Wow...its fucking nothing
So Mask is less than nothing, with absolutely zero named kills.
>>
>>13530576
>because I, too, love those Motorad ships. And the gloominess.
Right there with you, I thoroughly enjoyed Victory Gundam but Tomino hated working on it. That's why he had that blurb on the DVD case telling people not to buy it because it wasn't him doing his best it was him deliberately trying to ruin it.

And honestly, if it were up to me to decide whether the next Gundam show would be
>like Victory
>like Reco
i would pick Victory before they even finished asking the question.
>>
>>13530576
>Cyber-Newtypes are associated with sudden mental instability and bloodlust
I'd say that describes Katejina pretty well
>>
>>13530505

I thought it was powered by Ashtaron's reactor, not the moon
>>
>>13530602

The whole point of the Satelite system is that it transmits more energy than any mobile suit sized reactor can provide so no. It requires the moon. That's why they couldn't use it until they had the earth soldiers manually transfer the microwave controls to them.
>>
Mask was a joke. He did one thing in the entire show and it was offscreen.

>but Char

Yeah Char did other things besides robot fighting.
>>
>>13530623
>Yeah Char did other things besides robot fighting.
So did Mask in fact he also had his own agenda and went about using the system to achieve it.
>>
>>13530623
Good to see you didn't watch G-Reco or 0079
>>
>>13530643

So what did Mask accomplish?
>muh cuntala pride
>only managed to beat the Gundam when it's batteries were out and Bellri didn't want to fight him
>even then it was a draw
>he ends up moping on Earth

He fucking sucked.
>>
File: 1447944082927.jpg (28 KB, 442x330) Image search: [Google]
1447944082927.jpg
28 KB, 442x330
>>13530579
Shinn was a main character dumbfuck, saying a Gundam MC killing someone is a rarity is admitting you haven't watched any installments.
>And Chris vs Bernie was the final boss fight of 0080.

They weren't rivals retard in fact neither ofvthem knew they were fighting one another

>So Mask is less than nothing, with absolutely zero named kills.
>>13530536

This comment is biting you in the ass.
>>
File: 1445235558715.jpg (23 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445235558715.jpg
23 KB, 1280x720
>>13530653
>So what did Mask accomplish?
As much as Char and the other Mask clones
>only managed to kill two of the Zabis
>loses to an outdated suit
>comes back as another persona only to job in every battle and give bad advice
>comes back as the leader of Neo Zeon
>acconplishes nothing and is only known throughout history as a failure who didn't understand humanity at all
Its like you fags don't seem to get the point of mask characters.
>>
File: 1311152305254.png (375 KB, 494x494) Image search: [Google]
1311152305254.png
375 KB, 494x494
>>13530556
>>13530521
>frost brothers killed the flash system guy
The frost bros killed almost every important character
They killed lord bloodman, the spacenoid leader, and almost all of the earthnoid high command
>>
>>13530680
And they're still shitty characters
>>
>>13530663

Char still killed two Zabis. He was doing a lot of shit, not just jobbing to Amuro in robot fights. Did YOU watch 0079?

Mask literally did nothing except get in the robot and fight Cumpa's battles. And instead of being a petty fuck hiding it under a mask of cool that slowly came undone as his pettiness came to the surface, thus making him interesting like Char, Mask was a one-note shit. From beginning to end. No complexity. No other storylines going on with him. He is not even in his own fucking love triangle. Episode after episode, he gets in the robot, and jobs, and has no presence outside of that.

You fucking G-Reco apologists are so delusional if you think that Mask was a good character. Or even a decent character. The problem isn't that Mask is pathetic and we just "don't get it" that Chars are supposed to be pathetic. Most people get that. Mask is shit because he's just shitty. No depth. No skills. No role except "that masked guy who opposes the main guy." Mask is never a fucking threat. Bellri literally just shakes him off at one point. He doesn't even win. He draws against a guy piloting a suit running on fumes who doesn't even want to fight him anymore. He ends up exactly where he started: bitching like a faggot. His one accomplishment is offscreen and you're just told about it.

He's fucking garbage. And your
>b-b-but Char
argument is shit too. Char was a loser, but an interesting, charismatic, nuanced loser. Mask is a punk ass faggot. If Char is Bruce Lee, Mask is Bryce Le.
>>
>>13530655
>This comment is biting you in the ass.
i didn't make that comment, fuckstick.
>Shinn was a main character
So was Char. So was Luin.
So you are on crack.
>>
>>13530726
>So was Char
He was a rival dumbass
>>
>>13530726
Shinn was the MC of Destiny, Cgar and Luin weren't in their respective shows. Go be stupid somewhere else.
>>
>>13530743
>Shinn was the MC of Destiny
stopped reading right there
Try actually watching it, it's the Alex Dino Show.
>>
>>13530719
You seem pretty upset over this. I suggest calming down and pursuing a hobby such as knitting instead of whining about shows on /m/.
>>
>>13530743
>Shinn was the MC of Destiny

Hahahahahahahahaha.
>>
File: tsukame beito.png (14 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
tsukame beito.png
14 KB, 400x225
>>
>>13530719
>Char still killed two Zabis.
Didn't kill all of them so he still didn't accomplish his goal.
> He was doing a lot of shit, not just jobbing to Amuro in robot fights.
So you didn't watch 0079.

>Mask literally did nothing except get in the robot and fight Cumpa's battles.
So you didn't watch G-Reco either.
>And instead of being a petty fuck hiding it under a mask of cool that slowly came undone as his pettiness came to the surface, thus making him interesting like Char
Char was a petty fuck from the get go newshit and that was before Lalah's death.

>Most people get that.
Actually you don't since you've proven without a doubt YOU DIDN'T understand the intention of the character and you just come off as a bias fuck wit because you hate G-Reco "s-s-s-s-so what if its the benchmark for all mask characters Mask is shit because I don't like him" that is all you're fucking saying.
>>
>>13530719
>Char was a loser, but an interesting, charismatic, nuanced loser. Mask is a punk ass faggot.
>>
>>13530719
>Mask is shit because he's just shitty
G-Reco haters
>>
>>13530485
>You know who never shot down anybody? Char. Char didn't even have any mooks to clean out.
>old man from the White Base gets a bullet in the head
>GM pilot at Jaburo gets a Z'Gok's claw in the teeth
>>
>>13530758
>and you just come off as a bias fuck wit because you hate G-Reco "s-s-s-s-so what if its the benchmark for all mask characters Mask is shit because I don't like him" that is all you're fucking saying.

Yeah it's not like I gave reasons for why he's shit or anything.

You people are such hilarious babies.

>"you just don't get how complex G-Reco was, Mask is a great example of Chars"
>get told
>"you didn't watch it"
>"you didn't get it"
>"Chars are supposed to be lame even though no one said otherwise"
>u mad, u shitpostin
>le meme image

It's come to a point where I genuinely can't tell apart G-Reco fanboys from G-Reco trolls because they say the same thing. It's getting real old watching you retards claim to be the smart guys when none of you can even defend your own fucking show or argue worth a shit. There are even G-Reco fucks in this thread saying it's incorrect to call rivals main characters, as though being the main character's rival doesn't make you a main character, "rival" is something totally separate. Absolutely laughable.

In b4
>you're retarded
>you just didn't get it
>shitposting!1!!1!1
And whatever other same old shit you fags always pull out when you've been beaten.
>>
>>13530653
>Bellri didn't want to fight him
He didn't want to KILL him.
>>
>>13530758
>Didn't kill all of them so he still didn't accomplish his goal.
He killed the last one left alive, unless you wanted him to kill lil baby Mineva also. He brought the Zabi rule to an end.

Although now I'm laughing at the image of Char punching a baby over and over...
>>
>>13530719
>And instead of being a petty fuck hiding it under a mask of cool that slowly came undone as his pettiness came to the surface
Isn't this exactly what happened?

>No other storylines going on with him
>No role except "that masked guy who opposes the main guy."
Noredo and the Kuntala. Megafauna and Dorette fleet/G-IT dealing with people from different factions.
His subplot was to show UNDERSTANDING without fairy-particles.
Also everybody was taking war as joke but he took it TOO seriously and became desperate near the end of the war.

Also, the series was half of 0079 and had something a cast twice as bigger.
>>
>>13530770
>>"you just don't get how complex G-Reco was, Mask is a great example of Chars"
It is a show for 14-year-old. Tomino didn't want it to be complex.
And most of Tomino's characters are pretty straightforward. Or are you going to tell me that Quattro and Jerid have complex personalities?
>>
>>13530783
>Or are you going to tell me that Quattro and Jerid have complex personalities?

Quattro must or else people wouldn't still be arguing about it years later.
>>
File: shot0094.png (1 MB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
shot0094.png
1 MB, 704x528
>>13530782
>had something a cast twice as bigger.
Please, tell me more about your literary comprehension that surpasses the averave /m/ poster.
>>
>>13530787
People *just don't understand* that he changed idea during the gap between Zeta and CCA because he was disappointed by humanity.
Even if it is all explained in the movie itself.

There is nothing to argue about a character as flat as Quattro.

People are dumb. News at eleven.
>>
>>13530770
>Yeah it's not like I gave reasons for why he's shit or anything.
You didn't. Saying he's shit isn't a reason
>get told
This didn't happen at all.
>WAAHHHHHJ I HATE MASK
Okay baby you can hate Mask all you want doesn't make your stance any less shit.
>>13530789
Bernie wasn't a complex character nor did he rank up an absurd amount of kills so I gave no idea why you're using him as an example
>>
>>13530782
>Isn't this exactly what happened?

No. It wasn't. He was a mad, ignorant fucktard with a chip on his shoulder at the beginning, and nothing changed until the end when he's a defeated moper. He didn't slowly burn out or unravel. He was always overly emotional and angry.

>Noredo and the Kuntala. Megafauna and Dorette fleet/G-IT dealing with people from different factions.

The fuck? The kuntala shit was meaningless and he was essentially Cumpa's dog during all the Megafauna/moon men/GIT bullshit. He didn't do much besides capture the boat offscreen.

>His subplot was to show UNDERSTANDING without fairy-particles.

He didn't understand shit. He was mad at the start. He was mad at the end. He was mad in between. And at the very, very end he's just moping by the fire. He didn't understand or learn at all. He was beat and gave up.

>Also everybody was taking war as joke but he took it TOO seriously and became desperate near the end of the war.

No, everyone took the war seriously, they just didn't know what "war" really meant. Mask was pretty much the same as everyone else in terms of experience with war. It's not an excuse.

>Also, the series was half of 0079 and had something a cast twice as bigger.

So what? Is this you admitting Tomino did a shitty job and Mask was poorly written?

>>13530783

>IT'S FOR LITTLE KIDS

Then why is it full of unsubtle criticisms against Abe's policies? Why are faggots always harping on about the subtlety if it's for little kids?
>>
File: I came here to laugh at Sanders.gif (322 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
I came here to laugh at Sanders.gif
322 KB, 640x480
>>13530801
>so I gave no idea why you're using him as an example
I'm not, that's just a reaction pic at your nearly incomprehensible sentence structure.
>had something a cast twice as bigger
Really, anon, you're in no position to argue that you have better story comprehension when your sentences look like that.
>>
>>13530801

Literally in the line after I said he's shit I started listing reasons why he's shit.

>G-Rectards talk about how others don't get G-Reco but don't have the reading comprehension to understand a post
>>
>>13530802
>The kuntala shit was meaningless
Tomino himself explained what he wanted to do with Kuntalas. And it is all in the anime.

>He didn't understand shit. He was mad at the start. He was mad at the end. He was mad in between.
And who said he had to understand shit? The UNDERSTANDING was among the Megafauna crew.

>everyone took the war seriously
Sure. Like Aida and Gusion drinking tea in the middle of a battle. Or Klim being a genius. Or Bellri thinking with his dick.

>Then why is it full of unsubtle criticisms against Abe's policies?
>Why are faggots always harping on about the subtlety if it's for little kids?
Are you for real? Kids aren't dumb, and Tomino would never deal with them like they were dumb. He didn't do it for 40 years, and he was not going to start with G-Reco.
>>
File: 1447999076722.png (741 KB, 1127x1600) Image search: [Google]
1447999076722.png
741 KB, 1127x1600
>>13530802
>He was a mad, ignorant fucktard with a chip on his shoulder at the beginning,
Whelp its obvious you didn't watch the show.

>The kuntala shit was meaningless
And G-Reco haters wonder why we call you fucktards dumb
>and he was essentially Cumpa's dog during all the Megafauna/moon men/GIT bullshit.
He literally split off from Cumpa to do his own shit in the last half like he was planning from the get go.
>He didn't understand shit.
That's another strike for not watching the show
>No, everyone took the war seriously
You're just making it worse for yourself
>Is this you admitting Tomino did a shitty job and Mask was poorly written?
No just showing how flimsy your stance is.
>>
>>13530806
So you had nothing of worth to add and just became a grammar Nazi. Okay.
>>13530807
You literally just said because he is shit dumbass.
>>
File: 1443913142808.gif (60 KB, 248x400) Image search: [Google]
1443913142808.gif
60 KB, 248x400
>I like Char because he was a petty failure who accomplished nothing
>I hate Mask because he was a petty failure who accomplished nothing
>>
File: 1243128495496.jpg (23 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1243128495496.jpg
23 KB, 250x250
>>13530510
I think he became full frontal. If you comb his puffy pompadour ALLLLLL the way back, over his head, you'll get Full Frontal's mane.
>>
>>13530810
>Tomino himself explained what he wanted to do with Kuntalas. And it is all in the anime.

Oh wow Tomino explained it. That makes it all better. Too bad in the anime it amounted to nothing.

>And who said he had to understand shit? The UNDERSTANDING was among the Megafauna crew.

Why are you even bringing it up to defend Mask then, you retard?

>Sure. Like Aida and Gusion drinking tea in the middle of a battle. Or Klim being a genius. Or Bellri thinking with his dick.

Are you a moron? They all took it seriously. They were prepared to fight and were fielding all their latest tech. It's just that they were ignorant of what war was like. All of them. Because no one had fought a real large-scale war in generations. Mask was no different from anyone else in this regard. So when you say Mask took it more seriously than everyone else, you're fucking stupid. He took it as seriously as everyone else, and was as ignorant as everyone else.

>Are you for real? Kids aren't dumb

So the characters are straightforward because "it's for kids" but then the show is deep and complex and full of subtleties that slip by adults because "kids aren't dumb." Even though objectively, kids are dumber than adults. What's this magical ability 14 year olds have to decipher Tomino's masterful subtlety? Or is this you doing some logic pretzel to try and have it both ways?
>>
>>13530815
>You literally just said because he is shit dumbass.

Yeah, with reasons. You're just going to ignore all the reasons I listed in the next line?

lol G-Rectards.

>>13530813

How about you explain it then, instead of going "you're dumb, you didn't watch it" over and over? You basically said nothing in that post. You didn't address anything at all. Good job.

It's fucking amazing how fast G-Reco fanboys expose themselves as the real retards thread after thread.
>>
>>13530815
>and just became a grammar Nazi
I'm just laughing at the semi-literate who's screaming about everyone else being stupid for not agreeing with his opinion about the competence of a cartoon character. It's a good thing you take yourself so seriously because, believe me, no one else does.
>>
>>13530576
Krazy Katie was alright to start out but after her stay with Cronicle n friends in the Space Palace of Doom she went absolutely batshit insane.

So im guessing the cybering was while she was in the palace.
>>
>>13530823
>ignore
>>13530719
>Mask is shit because he's just shitty
Okay
>>
>>13530820
>t then the show is deep and complex and full of subtleties
I never said it was subtle.

>objectively, kids are dumber than adults.
Oh, wow.

>What's this magical ability 14 year olds have to decipher Tomino's masterful subtlety?
Same ability that let them understand anime like Zambot and the original Gundam.

Go be mad somewhere else.
>>
>>13530823
Why should I need to explain it if you watched the show like you claimed you did.
>>
>>13530823
>lol G-Rectards.
You forgot "!!111!!!!11!!".
>>
>>13530824
>nothing
Whelp, thanks for wasting our time.
>>
>>13530830

You know that Zambot and 0079 were both failures when they first aired, right?

GG.
>>
File: war is not a game.jpg (282 KB, 960x1180) Image search: [Google]
war is not a game.jpg
282 KB, 960x1180
>>13530820
>Are you a moron? They all took it seriously.
You should at least watch the anime before shitposting.
G-Reco, just like many of Tomino's anime, wasn't very subtle about what it wanted to say to kids.
Maybe you didn't understand it?

>>13530835
So what? Tomino thinks those shows are for kids.
And G-Reco was for 10-to-14-year-old kids.
>>
>>13530843
>So what?

>"kids are smart, so they understood G-Reco the same way they understood Zambot 3 and the original Gundam."
>both those shows bombed when they first aired
>"s-so what, Tomino said they were for kids"

Wow. This is embarrassing. I honestly feel sorry for you.
>>
>>13530844
>shows bombed because kids didn't understand them
More like "kids didn't *LIKE* them", which is unrelated to understanding or not.
>>
>>13530844
>zambot 3
>bombed
Found the newfag
>>
>>13530843

>Are you talking about my generation?

PEOPLE TRY TO GET US

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN
>>
>>13530847

If understanding has nothing to do with liking it, how come you fucktards are always going "you didn't get it?" Like in this very thread?

And if the kids understood Zambot 3 and Gundam and didn't like them, doesn't that make Tomino an even bigger failure?

Keep digging yourself deeper.
>>
>>13530858
>how come you fucktards are always going "you didn't get it?" Like in this very thread?
Because people really didn't get it >>13530820
>Are you a moron? They all took it seriously.

>doesn't that make Tomino an even bigger failure?
Should I give a flying shit if he s a failure or not?
>>
>>13530143
The only good thing about them was the fact that they were brothers working together.
>>
>>13530858
>If understanding has nothing to do with liking it, how come you fucktards are always going "you didn't get it?" Like in this very thread?
Who says you understand it to begin with? It has nothing to do with liking or disliking.

And what makes you say they didn't like them? Were you a kid back then?
>>
>>13530862

You lost the argument when you said that children are superior because they understood how great G-Reco is and everyone else is a hater.

And then for your grand examples you list Gundam 0079 and Zambot 3. Which were failures.

And then you further embarrass yourself by saying it doesn't matter if they failed or not, Tomino said they were kid shows, and maybe they understood perfectly and just didn't like the shows. Which would mean Tomino is shit at what he intended to do.

And now you dig yourself even deeper, by saying it doesn't matter if Tomino is a failure at getting his point across or making an entertaining show, even though that's basically what all this shit boils down to. That Tomino made a shit show and fags like you defend it. But it "doesn't really matter?"

Just stop.
>>
File: ive seen some shit.jpg (108 KB, 640x630) Image search: [Google]
ive seen some shit.jpg
108 KB, 640x630
>>13530867
>>And what makes you say they didn't like them? Were you a kid back then?

MSG had ratings so low it was canceled.
>>
>>13530818

Well, seeing how Char at least indirectly killed one Zabi and directly killed another, I'd say he has a bit of a leg up.
>>
>>13530869
>children are superior because they understood how great G-Reco is and everyone else is a hater.
I never said that.
>>
>>13530843
I'm okay with this as a message.
My problem was how thoroughly he depicted the characters not understanding war.

Knowing nothing about concussions, spinal trauma, blown knees, etc, a group of kids have put on football uniforms and are squaring off in the middle of a football field. But they know nothing about football, they've never seen a game, only pictures. They're making formations all right, but not only do they not understand plays or yardage, they seem to not be aware of the end zone or how to score points. They're just smacking into each other in the middle of the field then lining up on the 50 and doing it again. After a few injuries, one team tackles the other team's coach and then everyone decides they don't want to play football.

It sends a message, sure. But it was not a fun game to watch.
>>
File: gundam00[1].jpg (75 KB, 1000x746) Image search: [Google]
gundam00[1].jpg
75 KB, 1000x746
None of them are as bad as Mr Bushido, because a crappy character is just one mistake. Ruining a good character is two. He was perfectly fine as a fairly justified Flag fanatic, before they turned him into a weeaboo Char because you've gotta have one of them, right?

Mr Bushido wasn't just a mistake, it completely ruined a perfectly good character.
>>
>>13531130
Are you telling me you did not laugh your ass off at every scene featuring him?
>>
>>13531160

I didn't. I cringed and felt sad. Watching Graham parade around uselessly as Bushido was like watching a relative degenerate with alzheimers.
>>
>>13531130
I agree.
>>
>>13531176
Just imagine how awesome s2 would have been if he'd recuperated at Sergei's house instead of with Billy's dad.
>>
>>13531206

Honestly, that would have worked. There could have been some interplay between Graham and Andrei too. Because Andrei was such a fucking faggot holy christ.
>>
File: tumblr_n351bny4t91s079ezo2_400.gif (1 MB, 360x267) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n351bny4t91s079ezo2_400.gif
1 MB, 360x267
>>13530510

The only time I ever recall him being competent was when he had a Galbaldy/Marasai. Shoulda stuck to those and mastered their controls.
>>
Burne Bannings.
>>
>>13531212
Sergei would have taught Graham to wear that scar with pride as a badge of courage, Graham would have been chugging vodka and fighting for the motherland instead of sulking in a Yoshimitsu cosplay.
>>
G-Reco wasn't about killing, it was about manchildren playing with toys and circlejerking about war, which they've never experienced
>>
>>13530143
I actually really liked the Frosts.

Anime is saturated with "look at my sympathetic backstory aren't I a pitiable victim of circumstance" villains. Having two guys who are just straight-up petty cunts was refreshing.
>>
>>13530802
>He was always overly emotional and angry.
Are you retarded? Mask is literally the only combatant to try to negotiate with Bellri and the Megafauna into handing over the G-Self and Raraiya. Everyone else was just guns blazing all the time every time.
>>
File: 1335481835504.png (40 KB, 512x478) Image search: [Google]
1335481835504.png
40 KB, 512x478
>>13531695
Agreed.
>>
>>13530202
More like you haven't seen X or Victory, or you would not seriously consider Luin as being the worst rival ever. Not while Katejina exists.
>>
>>13530143
>Holy shit, do rival pilots get any worse than this?
Well, they were technically attempting to make both factions take out each order in order to grab the power themselves. Many people were going to die due to their goal, but they weren't actually attempting to wipe out humanity or something, unlike Raul.
>>
File: 122334253456235627.jpg (76 KB, 518x368) Image search: [Google]
122334253456235627.jpg
76 KB, 518x368
>threatens human existence
>actually purges both sides of their respective corruptive elements that wanted another war regardless of their involvement

They saved the world more than anything. Being the vain assholes they were, born to be weapons but discarded into the trashbin.
>>
File: frost_alive.png (812 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
frost_alive.png
812 KB, 640x432
>>13531130
I would've liked Mr. Bushido if his story ended with something more climactic than
>Hmm, I guess I won't kill myself then.
Sol Braves Graham made up for that somewhat.

>>13531695
I actually thought they were supposed to be a little sympathetic. Not saying they were, just that they were supposed to be. When you see them alive in the pic, it doesn't seem like a creeper stinger, so I think they expected us to find their survival heartwarming...
>>
>>13530143
main reason why Gundam X sucked that much
>NII SAN NII SAN NII SAN NII SAN NII SAN NII SAN NII SAN NII SANNII SANNII SANNII SAN
jesus fuck
>>
>>13531945
Garrod calls their motivation as being stupid and self-centered when it's revealed though.

(Garrod)
>Why ?~~Why do you want to change the world so badly ?

(Frosts)
>To let people know that our existence should be the center of the world.
>We have had a special\npower since we were born.
>But our power was not compatible with the Flash System.
>Just for that reason, we were ignored.

(Garrod)
>That's your reason for changing the world ?

(Shagia)
>You can't understand...
>...the pain of a person with power beyond ordinary humans, who was not valued at all.

(Olba)
>Our humiliation and desperation can only be healed by the destruction of the world.
>After everything is destroyed, a new world will be created.
>That's the true future we want.

(Garrod)
>How can you have such a selfish reason ?!
>I'm sick of you two !
>Everyone lives with sorrow and sadness !
>I won't let you destroy the world for such a selfish reason !

(Olba)
>You can't understand our pain !

(Garrod)
>There's no way I could !
>>
>>13531945
I dunno, surviving to see everything they worked for collapse might have been the best punishment for them.
>>
>>13531695
>Having two guys who are just straight-up petty cunts was refreshing.
Found the newfag
>>
>>13531877
>Many people were going to die due to their goal, but they weren't actually attempting to wipe out humanity or something, unlike Raul.

During their last episode crazy ranting they say that the only people that deserve to live in their new world is them alone, which kind of suggests they do want humanity genocided, although how they'd pull that off I don't know since they don't have a weapon capable of actually blowing up the Earth itself.
>>
>>13530381
>as lame as Zechs.
You mean the guy kicked Heero's ass in every battle they had except for the final and who's plan to make humanity stop fighting suceeded?
>>
>>13532313

They say that the only ones who deserve to be "valued" and would be in the center of their new world is them alone, not the Newtypes. I don't think they say that they're the only ones that deserve to live.

Even in the last episode, they say that they killed the two leaders because they were still obsessed with Newtypes, rather than just saying that everyone would die or something.
>>
>>13532329
>You mean the guy kicked Heero's ass in every battle
Nice fanfiction.
>who's plan to make humanity stop fighting suceeded?
Are Wingfags really deluded?
>>
>>13532329
He never kicked his ass in any encounter and his plan never worked. There's a reason why he's considered Char-lite.
>>
>>13532336
But their plan still makes no sense if you think about:
Step 1: Start another war between Earth and Space
Step 2: Gain control of the Satellite System so we can have our own Satellite Cannon.
Step 3: We are now somehow leaders of a new world.
>>
>>13531695
Are you for real? One-dimensional villians are still rampant even now, biggest problem with the Frost Bros is that the show set them up for episodes and then in the very last episode its revealed that they're petty as shit, they're a waste of space. SRW actually solved this problem by revealing their intentions from the get go so they only come off as minor annoyances in Z1.
>>
>>13531130
Mr Bushido is pretty much S2 in a nutshell.
>>
>>13532350
>He never kicked his ass in any encounter
Episode 1 in a Leo and Tallgeese vs Heavyarms
>and his plan never worked
>AND MOBLIE SUITS INCLUDING THE GUNDAMS WERE NEVER SEEN AGAIN.
>>
>>13532371

They would have wiped out the Earth forces and the Space army, and Garrod and friends so the only people left would be the Vultures, the regular civilians back on earth, and them. With their Satellite Canon and Fierce Mounts, they'd be the most powerful men in the world. It's not like the Vultures with their Jenices and Daughtress's would be able to stop them.
>>
>>13532404
>Episode 1 in a Leo
The battle in which he was on the reseeding end?
>Tallgeese vs HeavyArms
The fight he lost?

Thanks for quoting the narrator but I'm pretty sure Zechs plan to hail a spaceship into the Earth was a failure
>>
>>13532408
>Two guys can some how control the entire world by themselves, with no support.
>>
>>13532404
>Episode 1 in a Leo

He sacrificed his entire MS to cause a crash that did little actual damage to Wing and merely set Heero back a few days. Not exactly a great decisive win there.

>Tallgeese vs Heavyarms

He was only winning because Heero gimped himself by not using Wing. Of course he'd win against a guy who's barely used the suit before and he had superior mobility.

>AND MOBLIE SUITS INCLUDING THE GUNDAMS WERE NEVER SEEN AGAIN.

Teardrop. Also that had little to do with him and everything to do with the Gundam boys thwarting Dekim. Zechs helped a little but his and Trieze's master plan lasted a whopping one year.
>>
>>13532432

If control equals, they live like kings and blow up whatever random scavengers show up to fight them with their WMD.
>>
>>13532437
Still more success then Char had in all of MSG, Zeta and CCA combined.
>>
>>13532408
>>13532432

I guess they'd have elaborated it better in the show if they had the time, but there was at least one faction within the Federation siding with the Frosts' conspiracy.

Have you noticed how the Neo Daughtress only appear when the Frosts are around? The official site clarifies that the Neo Daughtress was still in limited deployment at the time, and they were given to a special units, one of them working directly for the Frosts. Frosts' unit also had other people from the lab (so, more Newtype Class F)

That's why you see those Neo Daughtress sticking by the Frosts even in the final episode, after they had fired against the Federation. There were people supposed to be working for their plans, we just never got to see them as actual characters- probably due to the show being shortened.
>>
>>13530473
>>13530483
Crow a dumbfuck.
>>
File: human touch.png (34 KB, 1288x650) Image search: [Google]
human touch.png
34 KB, 1288x650
>>
File: 3422346.png (227 KB, 293x443) Image search: [Google]
3422346.png
227 KB, 293x443
>>13530143
>>
X was a piece of shit and I'm glad more people are recognizing that.
>>
>>13531279
When he had the Gabthley he was extremely good. When he went full rage mode after Maura died he beat Kamille, proceeded to shoot up 4 named characters and the Argama before he had to retreat.
>>
>>13534467
What a horny slut.
>>
>>13530369
His happy ending was a complete asspull, him and manny just get a free pass for trying to commut fucking genocide. G-reco was ok evem with its problems for most of the show but the last 5 episodes are just the worst finale since zz gundam.
>>
>>13536283
>him and manny just get a free pass for trying to commut fucking genocide.
Genocide against who? I know Cumpa Rusita wanted war to weed out the weak, but Luin was working for him for his own reasons and probably didn't know that.
>>
>>13530529
I hated the EW Altron colorscheme, I mean it fits since the war started on Christmas Eve, but still, the series blue-green was better. (Also the scorpion stinger thing was good too)
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.