[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (447 KB, 1500x1748) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
447 KB, 1500x1748
Reasons we hate Zeta, be they common or unique
>>
>>13525173
It's not as good as G-Reco
>>
>>13525173

Because you like shitposting/being contrarian. That's all there is to it.
>>
mecha designs are worst than ZZ
characters are much less likable than ZZ
plot is garbage compared to ZZ
>>
I feel like the plot meanders around with too many characters and not enough focus for roughly half it's running length. Gets it's act together by the latter half and ends fairly strongly.
>>
>>13525217
I disagree with all 3, those are the reasons I dislike ZZ
>>
>>13525173
I hate zeta because MK 2 was better And zeta not as good design as it
I like regz though
Just like I like victory but hat v2
Upgrade is shit
>>
It's a shitty rip off of A/Z
>>
>>13525173
>Reasons we hate Zeta

Because we are stupid.
>>
Rosamy, Sarah, and Katz.
Other than that, it's alright.
>>
>>13525173
The only reason anyone likes Zeta is that they like Kamile since they are autistic like him, or they are just following the characters from 0079.
>>
>>13525333
Keep thinking that Zetafag
>>
>>13525407

At least they all die.
>>
>>13525173
>starts with the Gundam trend of lets shove fuckton of designs into the show whether they're good or not because of exces
>washed out version of 0079
>literally threw away everything interesting about Newtypes if favour of a super robot powered by the ghosts of the MC's harem
>factions are either comically evil or pure fighters of justice
>Zeta Gundam is horrible
>it's fanbase is incredibly cancerous, won't admit that the show is anything but perfect, gets offended when people realize the show is shit
>>
>>13525213
Why are Zetafags still thinking that people are being contrarians? It makes more sense that you're just circlejerking around a shit show and delude yourself into thinking it's perfect rather than people disliking it "just because".
>>
Shit was boring for about half the run yo
>>
i thought we were talking about the mech
>>
File: NO OTHER LOVE CAN BE SO PURE.jpg (74 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
NO OTHER LOVE CAN BE SO PURE.jpg
74 KB, 600x450
Honest non-shitpost opinion here. I grew bored of the show right after Amuro joined. The intrigue just wasn't there for me. I've been thinking about picking it up again and finishing it before I start Victory, but I'm just not sure. Does it get better? Do the movies have content similar to the show?
>>
>>13525533
>Honest non-shitpost opinion here
Only Zetafags think that people who dislike the show are shitposting, you don't have to clarify anything.
>>
>>13525533
>Do the movies have content similar to the show?
They're just the series compressed with a different ending that makes ZZ non-canon. They're still shit, because, you know, it's still Zeta.
>>
>>13525508
>>Zeta Gundam is horrible
This is laughable.
>>
>>13525536
We get it, everybody who likes Zeta is a "Zetafag." You don't have to be so insecure.
>>
The HG Zeta is garbage and it needs a Revive pretty badly. Don't know how the Strike Impulse got one over it, considering the previous HG Strike Impulse is like, five years newer than the current HG Zeta.
>>
>>13525173
Pacing issues is my main complain, followed by sub par action scenes (mainly in space), and dumb female characters.
>>
It set too high of a bar for later UC to live up to.
>>
>>13525533
>right after Amuro joined.
He doesn't stay long. When they go back into space a few episodes later he stays on earth.
>>
>>13525173
I really liked it. The show wasn't as good as MSG, of course, but still a good story imho, and the Zeta Gundam itself is one of my all-time favorite mech designs.
>>
>>13525173
I can't really list reasons why I hated Zeta since I didn't hate Zeta.

There are things I didn't like about it, but they are outweighed by good things, and in general I liked the show.
>>
>>13525217
Congratulations, you've made the worst post on /m/
>>
>>13525217
This post was made by a person who thinks ZZ is canon.
>>
>>13525868
>kapools in Turn-A
>purus in Unicorn, Unicorn in G-Reco
shit's canon, mang
>>
File: santana.jpg (189 KB, 1271x708) Image search: [Google]
santana.jpg
189 KB, 1271x708
>>13525939
>Unicorn in G-Reco
>>
>>13526330
A non-canon CG short for something, I think the Gundam museum, starring the Phenex, that thing that didn't even show up in Unicorn but Bandai invented to milk the Unicorn design some more.
>>
Only things I didn't like were Fa and Reccoa being dumb.
>>
If we are talking about the zeta itself, I fucking hate its shield with a passion, and despise the fact that it needs it to transform.

If we are talking about zz to z, my main issues with zeta are the lack of grunt suits on the mc's side and the slew of episodes from the end of shangril la, to moon moon. After that batch of mediocre episodes the quality starts improving many times over.

My over all issues with the zeta series is the lack of ms's on the auegs side, they really missed an opportunity there to have all sorts of classic msv's and other suits, and the fact that the whole conflicts get passed up for more oyw or sleeves side storys, despite being one of the more interesting era's for mobile suit designs and faction usages
>>
>>13525184
Brutal
>>
The villains are definitely kinda cartoonishly evil and flat compared to most Gundam bad guy factions.
>>
The only complaint I have about Zeta is what >>13526384 said.
>they really missed an opportunity there to have all sorts of classic msv's and other suits
I would've love to see the AEUG having a lot more variety in their MS with a lot of them being leftover from the OYW, would've been nice to see some OYW MS against newer MS. That and I hate that the Titans develop mono-eye style MS instead of continuing the GM/Gundam line, I understand why the designers did it but I don't like it.
>>13526458
I thought this too at first but after looking at it again it kinda make sense. Most of the Titans that we see hunting the Argama are under the command of Bask Om, it make sense that Bask will choose the most evil soldiers to join him in space. The rest of the Titans we see that are not under Bask or Scirocco's commands are pretty ok, like that pilot in Dakar or that ship captain that shot Four.
>>
>>13525533
that is a shitload of blueberry yogurt
>>
>>13526606
>scirocco
>evil

top fucking kek
>>
>>13526618
>blueberry yogurt
Can someone explain this ebin maymay to me?
>>
>>13526624
What is there to explain?
>>
>>13525437
I followed 0079 characters.

Also I hate Zeta because the english dub sucks. Michael Kopsa is best Char
>>
>>13526808
And Brad Swaile is best Amuro. Not comparind Dubs to subs, just making a statement about the Dubs.
>>
>>13525533
>Dropping Zeta to go watch Victory
Are you for real? It's not more interesting or anything you know.
>>
File: blueberryyogurt.jpg (78 KB, 319x480) Image search: [Google]
blueberryyogurt.jpg
78 KB, 319x480
>>13526624
>>
>>13525173
All the cool kids are doing it.
>>
>>13527188
-------- >>13525514
>>
Because I'm a contrarian hipster
>>
>>13526606
>would've been nice to see some OYW MS against newer MS
Go watch Unicorn
>>
File: Bask.jpg (51 KB, 1062x800) Image search: [Google]
Bask.jpg
51 KB, 1062x800
>>13525173
Not enough Bask.
>>
>>13525173
we don't hate zeta, we hate zetards
>>
>>13525173
The beginning was unnecessarily cruel and miserable to the characters. They put that fucker's mom in a tube and killed her. It was horrible to watch.
>>
File: Time to Violate.webm (2 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Time to Violate.webm
2 MB, 960x720
>>13528026
Unicorn doesnt have the faction cluster fuck that zeta has.

You can have an aueg task force comprised of 2 gm2s, a gm kai, a rick dom, and an Nemo high mob vs a titans force consisting of a gm quel, 2 hizacks, and an act zaku, vs a axis force of 2 regelgoogs, a gaza c, and a plain ass zaku 2
>>
>>13528119
It's probably because of the faction clusterfuck that they stuck to exclusively new suits, at least partially. It would only have been more confusing if every faction had a random selection of vehicles they'd picked up from the OYW as well.

Also, the series needed to sell model kits at the end of the day.
>>
>>13525533
yes, and avoid the movies at all costs
>>
>>13525173
I don't like it's thick calves, and its different face and "forehead V" designs. If they were more like most Gundams, I'd probably like it a lot more.
Also, Katz is a complete shit who should have been forced to die inside a reactor.
>>
>>13526330
Yes, Mask pilots an RX-0 Phenex in the G-Reco short "From the Past to the Future".
>>13526363
>non-canon
Source?
>>
'Zetafag' should be added to the wordfilter on /m/

It's like only underage retards ever use it. Maybe it should just be filtered to a blank space to make you idiots look as stupid as you really are.
>>
Because somehow people feel the need to make threads like these.
>>
The gundam is the emperor's new cloth design.
>>
>>13528861
Butthurt Zetafag :^)
>>
>>13525520

No, this is a thread for people who actually watches the show.

So get the fuck out
>>
>>13526368

But women ARE dumb
>>
>>13525617
Pretty much this. The battle choreography is really bad.
Also everyone's motivations are nonsense and pathetically simple.
>>
>>13526458
Not more so than Victory's.
>>
>>13525173
Terrible female characters existing only to generate bad drama.
>>
>>13532798
Haman and Minerva are the only good girls
>>
>>13532869
>Minerva
Minerva is a ship on SEED, anon. The Zabi princess is Mineva.
>>
>>13525604
Nobody thinks that, you tosspot.
>>
>>13525173
I don't like the mech design. Everything that isn't taken from the last show just looks stupid.

I was never fond of Newtypes, even in the last show. I'll go to my grave saying they were a complete mistake from square one, but here, they go from psychics who are better than you at everything to space wizards who can bend physics with their minds. I'd accept that in a Super Robot show, but this is the *granddaddy* of all Real Robot television.

I disliked most of the characters. I appreciate that I wasn't *supposed* to like most of them, but the cast, with a few exceptions, was never fun to watch. As someone who never bought into the Char fanboyism, I don't even like Quattro.

But, most of all, I hate its fans. (You may notice I didn't use the word "hate" until now.) Normally, when I don't like a show, I'm quick to say "That's just my opinion. I'm entitled to it, just as you're entitled to yours. Saying I don't like it doesn't mean you aren't allowed to." The
UC fanbase was not so accommodating. I got bile, hate, angry comparisons to other, newer, to my mind better Gundam shows by people who insulted my taste and told me that I wasn't entitled to my opinion, that I must have actually liked it and just not wanted to, etc.

In short, I would have been content to leave your sacred cow be, if you hadn't thrown its dung at me for liking Wing, G, and 00 better.

Does the show fail completely? No, there are some successes. I liked some of its underlying ideas, like the way mechs have to be built to dodge because no armor can protect against beam weapons (making the final boss's inexplicably-immune space-magic mech even more irritating), and I love to watch Yazan Gable, even if part of it is the thrill of watching a human eau-natural butchering his "betters" with sadistic glee.

But, I still disliked the series, and my encounters with its snobbish and bitter fanbase have only cemented that dislike into hate.
>>
>>13525173
I think the action sucks. The plot meanders and Rosamie is a plot-reusing waste of space.

I'm okay with Newtypes. It's a little funny to see people complain "space psychics in muh realistic war drama".
>>
>>13533060
>like the way mechs have to be built to dodge because no armor can protect against beam weapons (making the final boss's inexplicably-immune space-magic mech even more irritating)
Did you even watch Zeta, there's two important fights devoted to beams not doing shit to Asshimar in the first 15 episodes.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.