[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Mikazuki a newtype?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 22
File: 1447589348636.png (471 KB, 1096x720) Image search: [Google]
1447589348636.png
471 KB, 1096x720
Is Mikazuki a newtype?
>>
He's about as mentally stable as a cyber newtype
>>
That spinal plug system seems to be an artificial newtype system really, based on how they explain it in the show.

Not sure he's ever shown any newtype potential when not connected up to it yet.
>>
its a cybernetic interface and isnt this an AU anyways?
>>
>>13518570
Let me tell you about dolphins...
>>
Has he had a DEDEREDEN moment yet?
>>
Are you asking because he seemed to look over in response to his name being called? Because I thought it was a good time to ask the same thing. I know about being able to sense a-waves but this seemed different. Coincidence?
>>
I think so judging by the ED, too much pink and floating in foetal position for him not to be, plus the learning super quick thing
>>
File: kamille.png (145 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
kamille.png
145 KB, 500x350
>>13518487
Is Mikazuki a woman killer?
>>
>>13518647
You mean how he could read the name of his unit being illiterate? It's not learning. He's just fed the information from the Gundam via the connection to his spine.
>>
>>13518570
Being AUs didn't stop After War or Cosmic Era having them.
>>
>>13518487
This guy gets worse with every new episode.
>>
>>13519049
better*
>>
>>13518647
I think the fetal floating was more of a "MUH KID SOLDIER PTSD" thing
>>
File: kore nani.jpg (87 KB, 930x523) Image search: [Google]
kore nani.jpg
87 KB, 930x523
>>13519642
Really? It felt like a 'unification with the universe' thing to me. Those explosives making space flowers was not coincidental.
>>
Nope, just autistic.
>>
>>13519664
Of course not, considering their group is named 'Iron Flower'.
>>
Name one Gundam Protag who isn't a Newtype.

You literally can't.
>>
>>13519738
Shiro, Kou, Al, Domon, Heero, Garrod, Loran.
>>
>>13519760
Shiro, Kou and Loran are DEFINITELY Newtypes. Otherwise they'd have died the first time they got in the Gundam.

Hell, Shiro would have died in that Ball if he wasn't a Newtype.

Al isn't a Gundam protag. He never gets in the Gundam. Chris does. And I'll give you Chris, since it's out right stated she's not a Newtype.

So the only Gundam protag who isn't a Newtype isn't even the main character of the show she stars in. Strange, ain't it?
>>
>>13519781
You missed Garrod and Heero. Garrod isn't a Newtype, he specifically needs Tifa to do the NT registration hijinks. Heero isn't a newtype either, just an autistic super soldier.

And you didn't say "pilot protagonist" you said "protagonist". And Al is the protagonist of 0080.
>>
>>13519781
>Shiro, Kou and Loran are DEFINITELY Newtypes. Otherwise they'd have died the first time they got in the Gundam.
>being an MC means you're a newtype
Anon just stop.
>>
>>13519781
>>13519790
Also Domon. Not a newtype, just a master of the arts in his universe.
>>
>>13519790

>Heero

By way of the ZERO System, he has Newtype-like abilities when in Epyon/WZ. I guess that technically doesn't count, but he still displays the whole spatial awareness battle-precog thing.

>Garrod

I'll give you that one.
>>
>>13519781
Shiro transfers in as a leader because he's experienced
that ball wasnt the first time he's been in a mobile suit/armor
>>
>>13519781

Loran isn't a newtype. Tomino has confirmed it in interviews. He wouldn't even need to be for his first time in the Gundam given that the unit's auto-controls did most of the work and he was actively trying (and failing) to stop it, which scared off Poe's WaDom.
>>
>>13519822
>G Gundam
>An AU where some old dood uses karate to destroy hundreds of Mobile Suits
You'll forgive me for ignoring shit entries.
>>
>>13519738
Sven all he had was training and experiments
>>
>>13519876

You would've forgotten half of gundam in that case. 8^)
>>
>>13518487
Nah, just a HALLEUJAH moment.
Cray is his power up.
>>
>>13519883
If we're going to bring up side stories we could go on and on about all the super special pilots who aren't "newtypes".
>>
>>13519738
Asemu.
And in the third season he becomes the quasi char and so broken he's schooling everyone in pure piloting skill alone with only his son with the age system and the mutants with super weapons able to hold their own or beat him.
>>
>>13519918
This. I really, really, really want Mika to just keep being a sociopath. Not to have a growth from war orphan into better person ala Setsuna. Not to rage rage rage and have a comeuppance that makes him see the error of his ways ala Shinn. Nor to fall apart into howling, raging berserker. But just to stay this stone-cold killer with a single-minded drive to murder the hell out of his opponent, with no remorse or understandings.

Call it edgelord if you like, but there's something refreshing, after a long line of touchy-feely peace freaks to get someone who's just a brutal cog from start to finish.
>>
>>13519924
We already gave a few examples from main TV series. Not every UC entry's lead pilot was a NT just because "oh they flew a Gundam and didn't die". Unless they're feeling pressures or having precogs and all the rest of that stuff, they're just a competent pilot in a super suit.
>>
>>13519946
talking about manga and OVAs dude.
>>
>>13519937
So you'd prefer to watch a Gundam show that's taken from the perspective of the antagonist?
Someone like Ali?

Would be good for an OVA I suppose.
>>
>>13519927

> the quasi Char

What? The only Char in the show is Zeheart and let's not pretend otherwise. He doesn't wear a mask as a pilot, he doesn't use a red machine, he isn't an enemy, he has none of the Char hallmarks. Stop trying to make him something he isn't just because you think he's cool.

He's also not that great a pilot frankly. He might not be an x-rounder, but he definitely has the power to make everyone around him retarded, given that his enemies routinely stop and stand around waiting for him to kill them, no-one can read his movements - not even the people whose power specifically is "read the other guy's movements" and the one battle that was custom made to suit him by having an anti-x-rounder in play he was completely useless and his dad had to bail him out.
>>
>>13519963
First of all, chars don't need the char mask to be char. Just be a talented pilot and mysterious solo character with blonde hair,

Secondly, if EVERYONE BECOMES TARDS is a mark against him as a good pilot then there are no good pilots in gundam.

Just a few good slap fights and people getting out of impossible scrapes because of MC/plot status.
>>
>>13519986

> First of all, chars don't need the char mask to be char. Just be a talented pilot and mysterious solo character with blonde hair,

No, what defines A Char is someone who fulfills several requirements like a red mobile suit and a mask. Being a blonde pilot doesn't automatically make someone a Char, because blonde is a pretty common hair color. Mwu isn't A Char in SEED (Destiny is a different, even shitter story). Louise isn't A Char in 00. They're just pilots who happen to have blonde hair, nothing more.

Also, captain Ash is not mysterious. It's obvious who he is from the instant he's introduced and confirmed only a short while later. They never play up it up like he's some mysterious guy.

> Secondly, if EVERYONE BECOMES TARDS is a mark against him as a good pilot then there are no good pilots in gundam.

There are people who it's a lot less prominent and egregious with though. Especially since in most cases the plot isn't trying to build up how great a normal pilot those people are while the cast literally stand still and shout "why can't I read his movements with my movement reading power?".
>>
>>13520026
So...mr.bushido ISN'T 00's designated char? Cause none of his flag customs are red.
And he doesn't have a mask at the end.
And we know exactly who he is.

No, He's the char clone alright.

Secondly, you bitching about dramatic devices intended to show off how powerful someone is is fucking hilarious given that the first char fucking sucked as a pilot and 99% of the original gundams victories were against mostly stationary targets who either remarked about the suits skill or feared the white devil.

We can actually point to every single "good" pilot in the series and call them untalented ass clowns because of the stand em up and knock em down mcdojo demonstration of technique that's on display.

So it really does come down to you having a boner for newtype protags or simply hating age or that character in particular outright for fuck knows what reason.
>>
>>13520072

> Mr. Bushido

Mr. Bushido is the Char clone in season two when he puts on a mask. Which is an A Char trademark, at least within Gundam. He's not A Char in season one, he's just Graham. Which is all he needed to be. Sadly, this wasn't enough for fans and the lack of A Char meant that season two had to give him a mask so that people felt comfortable with him.

The only thing Asemu has is blonde hair. Which doesn't make him A Char on it's own. It just makes him Asemu, same as Athrun is just Athrun despite being an enemy piloting a red mobile suit - at least in the beginning. Which, why can't that be enough on it's own?

> So it really comes down to you having a boner for newtype protags

Nope.

> simply hating AGE

Wrong again - though I do think it's just about the worst entry in the franchise. I don't hate it, I just don't like it.

> or that character in particular

And not this one either. What I dislike is Asemu fans acting like he's some great outlier for being a normal pilot when the weak writing of the show actually make it seem like he has powers and he's really no different from most other protagonists or characters in terms of animation. I think AGE's is actually a little worse than even most other Gundam shows in regards to fight animation, but as you say, almost all of them fall prey to "have the enemy slow down to make the protag better" syndrome in some form or other.

I just think it's a little more egregious when you're writing builds up that a particular character is going to become a great pilot and then when the moment of truth comes the enemies literally stand there doing nothing and shouting about how they can't read them with their special powers (implying a power blocking power of some kind). It undercuts the message and if the show had been a little less blunt about him becoming a super pilot at that moment it wouldn't have stood out as much.
>>
>>13520196
Yes stupid, Graham was 100% char from the first time we saw him.
Season two is where they came up with the ridiculous mask and persona.

Secondly, Age actually has pretty choreography, you're just bitching that he got the same "OH NOES HE'S TOO GOODZ!! AIEEEEEE" thing that every goddamned protag in gundam gets.
And if you paid attention there were many moments where his piloting skills were on display.
You're just bitching because you're one of those lame ass newtype fags and dislike age.

Dudes a good pilot, who only relies on skill while the others have to rely on newtype magic understandings and super ships.

Fucks sake, the guy is basically Zechs Marqui. All he needed was a fucking mask.
>>
>>13520269

> Yes stupid, Graham was 100% char from the first time we saw him.

Not really, no.

> Season two is where they came up with the ridiculous mask and persona.

He had the persona in a good chunk of season one though. He was talking about being in love with Gundam and so on from fairly early on. Season two just gave him a mask because he wasn't A Char and was instead just a good blonde pilot and that just wasn't enough for fans. Fans like you by the looks of things, who need every character to fit a comfortable archetype for no good reason.

> Secondly, Age actually has pretty choreography, you're just bitching that he got the same "OH NOES HE'S TOO GOODZ!! AIEEEEEE" thing that every goddamned protag in gundam gets.

Actually, no, I'm not. I've already agreed with you that lots of shows, Gundam included, do the same thing. I'm only pointing out that AGE drew particular attention to that one instance that's supposed to be a big moment and undercut it heavily during the execution.

> And if you paid attention there were many moments where his piloting skills were on display.

And there were also instances where he was pretty worthless despite the situation being setup to be perfect for him, like against Girard Spriggan.

> Dudes a good pilot, who only relies on skill while the others have to rely on newtype magic understandings and super ships.

He relies on skill, superior technology, anti-x-rounder powers and enemies occasionally committing suicide by Gundam in the case of Zeheart within the tv show. I've no idea why you're counting super ships. Who's that supposed to be referring to exactly?

> Fucks sake, the guy is basically Zechs Marqui. All he needed was a fucking mask.

Ahahahahaha. Are you serious? Are all blonde pilots automatically Chars to you just by dint of having blonde hair? Asemu is nothing like Zechs. Not in terms of background, not in terms of personality, not in terms of style, not in terms of anything beyond being a blonde pilot.
>>
File: gundam kits collection016.jpg (350 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
gundam kits collection016.jpg
350 KB, 1366x768
>>13518560
Barbatos will slowly change him into one. He didn't even know the Gundam's name until he hooked up to it, and then it put knowledge in him. It's going to turn out the the Gundam Frames were meant to end the conflict through UNDERSTANDING, but were misused and caused the Calamity.
>>
>>13520026
>Destiny is a different, even shitter story
That's not Mwu, that's Neo Roanoake or Lorrnoake or whatever. He just got possessed by Mwu's newtype ghost like Full Frontal.
>>
>>13520072
>none of his flag customs are red.
TRANS-GRAHAM
it's red and it's three times faster, he is a CHAR.
>>
He is the opposite of Understanding, there's no way he's a newtype
>>
>>13519781
Im pretty sure at one point it is stated kou is having trouble with the GP03 controls because he isnt a newtype, which is why he needs the drugs
Loran never shows any newtype abilities even though newtypes do appear in turn A (the turn X has a psycommu system)
Garrod is not a newtype, that is shown multiple times
Al is a protagonist and arguably is more likely to be a newtype than others listed
>>
>>13522345
Setuna was the opposite of understanding too, and look how he ended.
>>
>>13522380

> the turn-x has a psycommu system

Tomino has confirmed there are no newtypes in Turn-A. The Turn-X is just advanced enough that even non-newtypes can use it's psycommu system. It wouldn't be the first time either, not even for Tomino, since ZZ has several units use a quasi-psycommu system that allows non-newtypes to use wire-mounted weapons on the Hamma-Hamma and Doven Wolf. This would just be a refinement of it.
>>
>>13519781

So you think all characters are newtypes unless it is specifically said they aren't.

You are an idiot.
>>
>>13519790

The protagonist of 0080 is the kid for fuck's sakes
>>
>>13518647
>learning super quick
>couldn't even write his name right the first time

Just because you guys are more autistic than he is, doesn't mean he is autistic.
>>
>>13522380
Amphetamines are pretty common, air force pilots use them. For some reason 0083 is the only gundam with pilots using drugs.
>>
File: 1426004805787.jpg (30 KB, 400x461) Image search: [Google]
1426004805787.jpg
30 KB, 400x461
>>13522460
>air force pilots use them
No way...
>>
>>13522460
Not officially. Yes, amphetamines give you an edge. The Germans proved that in WW2. However, they also tire you out and make you more aggressive neither is good on all day sorties.
>>
Is Mikazuki a cück?
>>
File: 1447007501215.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447007501215.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>13522592
>>
>>13522380
What about that one time Loran fought the Inca/Aztec king guy? They had some funky telepathy shit going on, made me think Loran was a newtype.
>>
File: 1445791406391.png (385 KB, 744x710) Image search: [Google]
1445791406391.png
385 KB, 744x710
>>13518487
How long until he gets unleashed?
>>
>>13523562
Episode 14
>>
So far is it worth watching?
I rarely watch airing shows.
>>
>>13523679
It's ok.

Still waiting for Okada to Okada.
>>
>>13523679
Watch it and form your own opinion.
>>
>>13523679
I'm liking it a lot. Imagine if Gundam Wing was made by the After War Gundam X staff. The setting and the social station of the characters are pretty dismal but the team is friendly and optimistic, the plot is coherent, and the princess doesn't preach constantly.
The main character shoots people without hesitation or angst, the fat kid is serious and competent, and the Gundam is an old-ass relic with no newtype hax, fairy dust, rayhunton codo, or even beam weapons. He kills people point-blank with a pile bunker like Mellowlink.
>>
>>13519959
It'd just be nice to have that kind of variance. That not every protag has to be or become some high-minded advocate of peace or evolution, or end up chastened in some way at the end. S1 Setsuna was on that road, then swerved off it in S2. Heero came close, Sven came closer, but each of them had a woman thrown at them to soften and 'fix' them.

It'd be nice to have a driven killing machine who just follows the natural course of things, murderates his way through the war, achieves his goal, and goes home. Mika already expressed he wants to be a farmer, so I could totally see him fighting through the conflict with Gjallerhorn, have a climactic knock-down, drag-out, and then simply stand up in the aftermath, turn, and go back to Mars. No touchy-feely change of heart, no romance, just a man on a mission, you know?
>>
>>13523875
>>>/ann/
>>
>>13523679
It's Gundam for casuals. does absolutely nothing we haven't seen before and looks considerable worse than the previous installment but appeals to retards like these>>13523875 and >>13523885
>>
>>13523916
Found the trainwrecko fag.
>>
>>13523875
>rayhunton codo

Found the retard
>>
>>13523937
>trainwrecko
Gee...haven't heard THAT before
>>
>>13523957

Yea, because you were so original with >>13523916.
>>
File: at first i was like.but then.png (893 KB, 704x1056) Image search: [Google]
at first i was like.but then.png
893 KB, 704x1056
>>13523939
>reference UC Gundam maguffin, 00 maguffin, and Reco maguffin
>UC and 00 fans don't spaz out
>G-Hadi compelled to insult me for mentioning his show without praising it
lol i didn't even knock any of the shows, you guys are way too touchy about your favorite cartoon.
Relax, bro, be chill like the UC and 00 fans.
>>
>>13523990
You do realize that the Barbatos itself is a MacGuffin right?
>>
>>13523990
>Rayhunton code
>MacGuffin

Found the retard
>>
File: that word.gif (59 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
that word.gif
59 KB, 320x240
>>13524031
>300 year old antique
>mechanics flatly state the captured Graze is a better mobile suit
>Mikazuki is only good with it because it uses the same control mechanism as literally every shitty tank at their base
>macguffin
>>
>>13524063
how was anything you mentioned before maguffin though?
>>
>>13518487
No, but he's autistic like one. I can understand how you got the two mixed up.
>>
>>13524063
>"it uses special nano machines"
>not macguffin
>>
>>13524104
Fair enough. To be honest, I initially typed "UC cliche", "00 cliche" and "Reco cliche" and decided that "cliche" wasn't really the right term for the Rayhunton code. Apparently "macguffin" wasn't either. How about "trump card"?

But the original point still stands: the Gundam in IBO is not given any special powers, superweapons, nor dominion over all backpacks. It's the most grunt-level Gundam since the RX-79.
Not bashing UC, 00, or RC. Just saying that the Gundam isn't overpowered like usual.
>>
>>13524146
>the same nanomachines used by the least mook units in the setting
>macguffin
>>
>>13524146
You seem to be lost, anon.
Were you looking for the Turn A thread?
here you go:
>>13521516
>>
>>13524155
>It's the most grunt-level Gundam since the RX-79.
Found the newfag
>>
File: 1447905160175.png (137 KB, 431x242) Image search: [Google]
1447905160175.png
137 KB, 431x242
>>13524155
>IBO is not given any special powers, superweapons, nor dominion over all backpacks. It's the most grunt-level Gundam since the RX-79.
Why is it that IBOfags seem to be watching a different show from the rest of us?
>>
>>13524180
>>13524185
I bet you didn't even watch G-Reco.
>>
>>13524201
>since the RX-78
I bet you watched nothing from before build fighters
>>
File: 1445699756901.jpg (65 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445699756901.jpg
65 KB, 1920x1080
Wasn't the G-Self a rejected prototype from Towsanga that was only invincible because nobody knew what the hell they were doing and was locked to three people to pilot it.
>>
>>13524155
the gundams alright its just the pilot i dont like. i mean his ms may not have magic powers but it seems he does
>>
>>13524185
Please, anon, tell me what other Gundam show has had a non-newtype/coordinator/x-rounder pilot with no prototype superweapons, magic particles, future-predicting computers, or satellite cannons?
>>
>>13523916
>It's Gundam for casuals

As opposed to Gundam for intellectuals?

Piss up a rope.
>>
>>13524155
>whenever a Gundam appears, history changes
>requires a dangerous surgical proceedure to operate
>allows the pilot to "think" to move the suit like his own limbs
Uhhh what?
>>
>>13524209
Pretty much, yeah. The YG was supposed to be locked to Raraiyah, but the Rayhunton family added in Belliri and Aida's genetic codes as authorized pilots.
And pretty much everyone in Reco had absolutely no idea how to fight a war.

But what really made it invincible was that any backpack, regardless of who built it or why, would only work on the G-Self for reasons they just don't feel like explaining.
>>
>>13524226
>requires a dangerous surgical proceedure to operate
>allows the pilot to "think" to move the suit like his own limbs
Again, this is standard equipment on every shitty tank they had at CGS. This is not any kind of new special system.
>>
>>13524226
>whenever a Gundam appears, history changes
lol except Unicorn
>>
>>13524224
we're only at the first quarter, we dont know what bullsit will be revealed later on. i mean its one of the 72 gundam of the calamity war that lasted 300 years and fucked everything up for everyone. do you really expect them to just be grunt level suits? especially with it being a gundam, and theyve already noted the importance of the gundam name
so anyway mk 2, ReGZ, alex, GP 01, Ground gundam + ez8, victory gundam and v2
>>
>>13524246
>mk2
newtype pilot
>ReGZ
Amuro fucking Ray holy shit NEWTYPE PILOT
>alex
>GP 01
okay, you got me there, but those were both brand-new one-of-a-kind super prototypes
>Ground gundam +ez8
Those are the RX-79 I mentioned
>victory gundam and v2
newtype pilot, magic particle flight system, wings of light
>>
>>13524234
recycled war tech that uses NANOMACHINES used by THE 72 gundam from the calamity war. did you hear about that? 300 years, very very bad. Those gundam sure were scary.
good thing that tech is now illegal now and frowned upon everywhere
>but its nothing special lets put it in some tanks

and the procedure is very dangerous. kids die or are paralysed after getting it done.
But what mika did it three times? how? that kid sure is something speshul. and wow he pilots one of the scary gundam from the calamity war with no problem even in space and with no practice, cant even read the manual? you go kid, GRUNT POWER!
>>
>>13524300
>academy wonder
>first command
>goes out in a Ball
>defeats a Zaku
>still considered the most grunt level Gundam
Not sure what your problem with Mikazuki is. And yeaht the aligned vagina system was state of the art...300 years ago. It's still standard equip for every one of CGS's mobile workers, standard operation for shitloads of CGS pilots, and in no way comparable to 00's UNDERSTANDING particles, the Zero System, the Moonlight Butterfly, the Sattelite Cannon, the Biosensor, the NTD system, or the flying letter T.
>>
>>13524263
lol
>barbatos
magical nanomachine interface
magical beam resistant armour
magical spine that can support its own weight and that mace with no extra support
was used and survived an apocalyptic war and is still in working condition 300 years later
is a gundam

and we don't know that mikazuki isnt a newtype yet
none of the other characters ignoring amuro exhibited newtype abilities this early on
>>
>>13524355
Truly even worse than Strike Freedom, wrap it up IBOlures.
>>
>>13524352
yeah the turn a was state of the art 2000 years ago, now its just standard farming equipment or used for doing laundry
>>
>>13524355
>magical nanomachine interface
that is installed on every tank they have
>magical beam resistant armor
there are no fucking beams in IBO, what have you been smoking? nanolaminate armor isn't even unique to the Barbatos, the Grazes have that too
>magical spine
Now you're just being silly
>none of the other characters ignoring amuro exhibited newtype abilities this early on
Kamille was seeing stars through the floor in ep1, mang. Judau got newtyped by Kamille in ep2 (because ep1 was a recap of MSG and Zeta). Domon caught machinegun fire with his bare hands from ten different directions in ep1. Tiffa told Garrod which way to dodge in ep2. Mwu sensed Rau in ep1.

Hell...Amuro is probably the latest bloomer of them all. Have you watched any of these shows, broham?
>>
>>13518487
This was a newtype flash.
>>
>>13524355

lol.
It's so magic that requires a surgery that malforms your spinal cord.
There are no ms sized beam weapons in IBO. They are not practical or miniaturized enough in this AU.
Only Gjallarhorn mobile suits are brand new, the others are all scavanged or very old.

The special thing about the Barbatos are the two Ahab reactors. When fully restored it should have a better output compared to other MS.
>>
>>13519738
Sei
>>
>>13524406

I have flashes like that everytime i screw the timing in a fighting game.
>>
>>13524408
lol
i forgot
magic ahab waves
twins reactors for moar wavezzz
double the POWAHHH
>>
What the fuck was all this about, anyway?
>>
>>13524232
>And pretty much everyone in Reco had absolutely no idea how to fight a war.
Or maybe you're just retarded?
>>
>>13524389
a shitty tank isnt a gundam though.mechanic guys says its on a whole other level to the mobile workers
also im betting the whole aila vagina thing in conjunction with the gundam is their stand in for the newtype powers. What with the whole increased perception and awareness and all that
>>
File: v2fishing.jpg (39 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
v2fishing.jpg
39 KB, 350x400
>>13524437
i know bait when i see it shitposter kun
>>
>>13524415
>magic ahab waves
that's like...every ship in this series, though. that is not the Barbatos being overpowered. Maybe if properly synchronized twin-ahab reactors cause naked newtype moments like the twin GN-Drive or something. So far it's just an old-ass mobile suit being piloted by a kid who's really good at this game.
>>
>>13524441
>mechanic guys says its on a whole other level to the mobile workers
He also says the Graze is a better MS.
>>
>>13524456
>So far it's just an old-ass mobile suit being piloted by a kid who's really good at this game.
so far
just wait till mika learns to read the manual
teaching zooks to read will be the only useful thing kudelia will ever do in this series
>>
>>13524414
Which it's extremely accurate considering what was happening to Ein in that moment
>>
>>13524465
>so far
Well the question that I initially responded to was "So far" >>13523679 so...yeah. So far it's the most grunt level Gundam since the RX-79 (also known as the Ground Gundam for those of you who haven't seen 08th MS Team). Maybe it will shit pixie dust later, but so far it's very basic.
>>
>>13524459
he also says hes not worked with mobile suits since he was a kid and has no idea what hes doing
and the grazes may be built better or atleast appear that way to him but they dont have the alaya vijnana/the same piloting system or dual ahab drives. he's not going to understand the advantages of those at first
>>
>>13524263
mikazukI is the IBO equivalent of a newtype mate
He literally has the same special move as bangher links, controlling gundamu with his mind
>>
>>13525720
>the same special move as bangher links
flavor crystals that travel time, tank colony lasers, and shut down whole armies by waving his hand?
I think not, anon.
>>
>>13524246
>i mean its one of the 72 gundam of the calamity war that lasted 300 years
The calamity war happened 300 years before the show, they've said nothing about its duration.
>>
>>13523885
>It'd just be nice to have that kind of variance. That not every protag has to be or become some high-minded advocate of peace or evolution, or end up chastened in some way at the end.
So basically you want an American Action Hero "war is good" story.
>>
>>13524225
>As opposed to Gundam for intellectuals?
Well, yeah, that's exactly what G-Reco was. Thanks for noticing.
>>
File: 1.jpg (13 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
13 KB, 360x361
>>13526424
i've been in enough threads to know how this is going to go
>>
prepare for incoming space feels
totally not a newtype
>>
File: 4263467357468.png (311 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
4263467357468.png
311 KB, 720x400
>>13526463
oops
>>
>>13526466
nah, he's not even naked or reaching for anybody. that's not a newtype moment, that's foreshadowing him losing everyone and being alone.
>>
File: 1447951142688.png (131 KB, 360x600) Image search: [Google]
1447951142688.png
131 KB, 360x600
>>13526466
>>13526486
i think he's actually embarrassed about the weird skintight parts of his pilot suit
>>
>>13526511
When has he ever shown embarrassment over that?
>>
File: mika after everyone dies.jpg (26 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
mika after everyone dies.jpg
26 KB, 1024x576
>>13526511
>>13526556
That would be cute as fuck if he's embarrassed about it, would add moe points.
I don't think he is though.
>>
File: 1448019281172.png (136 KB, 360x600) Image search: [Google]
1448019281172.png
136 KB, 360x600
>>
File: 1446280573486.jpg (90 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1446280573486.jpg
90 KB, 640x640
>>13526580
>sexualizing mika
>>
>>13524419
He is a faggot, my boy.
>>
File: sanjuro4.jpg (38 KB, 467x442) Image search: [Google]
sanjuro4.jpg
38 KB, 467x442
>>13520350
>UNDERSTANDING
This bullshit needs to die already, it ruins every single Gundam. It's fine if it's subtle but when they spell it out with dialogue it becomes really awful.
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492 KB, 602x566) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492 KB, 602x566
>>13518487
Vermin that should be purged is more accurate.
>>
>>13533825
your shitty meme will never catch on, i bet youre bearguy guy
>>
>>13524206
RX-79 is the Ground Gundam bud. In fact, I think it was actually inferior to the ground because it was made of spare V-Project parts.
>>
>>13535592
Meant inferior to the Ground GM
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.