[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metropolis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Metropolis.webm (3 MB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
Metropolis.webm
3 MB, 1280x700
Let's talk about this film, since it's all about robots.

On one hand, the movie is absolutely beautiful. Every scene looks amazing, and the characters all have so much fluid movement. God only knows how much Tima's hair cost the studio. I even liked the use of CG backgrounds because it emphasized the otherworldly nature of the city.

On the other hand, the pacing is all over the place. It has a lot of really neat ideas, but the problem is it tries to do all of them instead of focusing on the big ones. And really, the only person that's a strong character is Rock, the person we're NOT supposed to empathize with (but then Rock being such an iconic Tezuka character, maybe that's intentional).

It's one of those movies where with all its flaws, in the end I'm glad I watched it anyway. Also, contender for greatest "wut" choice in a song ever.
>>
I think I saw some of this, but not all of it. I really need to watch the whole thing sometime.
>>
Easy 5/5. I can't stop loving it.
>>
It was a great film.

I CAN'T STOP LOOOOOOOVING YOOOOU
>>
I never thought a movie like this would made me cry...
>>
Should have taken one of its themes and ran with it instead of jumping all over the place. Technological anxiety as class struggle would have been enough. It didn't have to try and deal with consciousness and technological singularity as well.

That should have been saved for a sequel.
>>
File: 09_metropolis_workers.jpg (123 KB, 1036x671) Image search: [Google]
09_metropolis_workers.jpg
123 KB, 1036x671
>>13518865
Oh and the original was better.
>>
>>13518364
>greatest "wut" choice in a song ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-YqaTDDCDM
tasteless millennial faggot scum detected
>>
>>13518916

Don't get me wrong, I love the song. I'm just saying that's the appropriate reaction to hearing THAT of all songs at the climax of everything bad happening. Unless it was a reference to Dr. Strangelove's famous "We'll Meet Again" ending.

>millenial

I was born in 86.
>>
>>13518364

Very mediocre overall. Beautiful animation and style though.
>>
>>13519223
>I was born in 86
Then you count as a millennial.
>>
>>13519223
Millennial crying is getting silly at this point.
Vaguest of definitions go early 80's to early 2000's
Normal definition usually is 1980-95/97 depending on who you ask
And according to the Canadian governemtn it ends in 92.
Honestly, the real problem is people who don't even know what a millennial, and throw it around like it's an insult. At this point the oldest millennials are 33.
>>
>>13519512
Millenial gets thrown around so much because it's the closest thing to nigger that you can call white people these days.
>>
>>13519459
>check
>starts in early 1980s
>you have to be over 35 to not be one

For one, that means 99% of people here are millenial. And I mean on this board alone, not just 4chan.

Secondly, if you AREN'T a millenial and still hanging out of 4chan, that's fucking sad.
>>
File: ishygddt.jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt.jpg
23 KB, 600x600
>>13523979
>all that whaaaah whaaaah
You sound like a typical millenial, desu senpai
>>
>>13523979
Older-than-millennial here, bite me.
Millennial is a retarded term. The traits people apply to them are contradictory, disagreed with by most who fit in the age bracket, and largely only fit a very small chunk of the total group which knows no age classification (they're called yuppies).
>>
>>13519512
you're getting hung up on technical details, and it prevents you from understanding the bottom line of the insult. "millenials", regardless of when they were born, are people who are oblivious to cultural eras that predate the 2000s and, for all intents and purposes, might as well believe that civilization started somewhere right after 9/11.
>>
>>13524222
But Millennial was a fleshed-out term used before 2001 and the idea that they don't know about the culture prior to that flies in the face of all the 90s nostalgia. Sounds to me like you're oblivious of the cultural era wherein people were discussing Millennials.
>>
>>13524253
so wait, I thought millenials were the chumps after generation y
>>
>>13524222

Which makes no sense since it starts around 83ish, a group that grew up in an entirely different culture than the post-9/11 kids.
>>
>>13524340
IIRC they trashed Gen Y and rolled it all into Millennials.
>>
>>13518364
I love this movie to bits, I really wish there was a North American Bluray release.
>>
>>13524340
>>13524421

Calling someone is a Millennial is just a new way to say "get off my lawn."
>>
>>13524222
So practically no one then. Even culturally nearsighted morons are tangentally educated on the culture of the 60s-80s through older movies and period pieces on TV.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.