[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tomino talks about giving birth to children? What did the ol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: Tominoland.jpg (47 KB, 800x493) Image search: [Google]
Tominoland.jpg
47 KB, 800x493
Tomino talks about giving birth to children? What did the old man say this time?

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/chiaki/special/
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/73446
>>
Summary:

He says that he understands how childbirth can make having children seem unappealing since it ruins your figure, forces you to sidetrack your career and ambitions and is extremely painful. He says he'd like it if he could give birth to take some of the load off of young women and help lessen the demographic crisis.
>>
>>13518159
>and is extremely painful
He's a big guy
>>
>>13518159
>He says that he understands how childbirth can make having children seem unappealing since it ruins your figure, forces you to sidetrack your career and ambitions and is extremely painful.
inb4 muh soggy knee
Anywa, that is not the only reason people aren't fucking like rabbits anymore. It is an oversimplification of the issue.
Does he say anything else? Or is that all he thinks of the low birth rates? What was the reaction of the girl? who is she anyway?

>He says he'd like it if he could give birth to take some of the load off of young women and help lessen the demographic crisis.
This sounds totally weird.
>>
>>13518160
Four, you?
>>
>>13518169
>This sounds totally weird.
No, this sounds like Tomino being an actual feminist thinking of how to make life better for women, just like in his shows.
Not saying he's thinking about it the right way though.
I disagree with pretty much everything Tomino said related to politics or things like that not related to anime.
>>
>>13518169
>oversimplification of the issue
It is, but the reasons Tomino cited are pretty commonly mentioned. He probably doesn't have the opportunity (or doesn't have enough interest) to study the whole phenomenon, so he's probably just poorly-informed.

Judging by the summary >>13518159 posted, it really makes me think that Tomino genuinely cares a lot about society, which ties nicely with what he's said about his own work and others'.
>>
>>13518268
>Tomino being an actual feminist thinking of how to make life better for women, just like in his shows

Pfft, have you seen Victory? There's no coherency to its "feminism" since both sides of the dichotomy presented in the show is portrayed negatively.
>>
>>13518277
Marbet was pretty positive.
>>
>>13518290

That's kinda true, but she doesn't fit in either category I was talking about that leads to Victory's talk of femininity, women ideals, and so on amounting to pretty much nonsense. Does she represent a balance of motherhood/femininity and assertiveness/power, by becoming pregnant as a pilot, that doesn't lead to complete retardation or insanity like the other female characters? I don't think her situation informs you of anything.
>>
>>13518312
i think maybe it was that pregnancy had made marbet more considerate of human life and future generations because she had one inside of her, and thats why she fought?
whereas everyone else was doing what they did for selfish reasons. even lupe who even though she wanted to be a mother it seemed she was doing it for her own amusement, like to play dress up as one and act out a fantasy of what she though being a mother would actually be like without any consideration of the child. having a child was just an accesory she needed to complete the costume. its been a a long time since i watched victory, so im probably talking nonsense.
>>
>>13518749

Lupe wasn't just a loony shotacon?

Marbet was fighting beforehand, so it's not the reason why she fought, at least initially. There's no focus on her becoming more considerate or compassionate, either. Her more morally questionable actions actually happen while she's pregnant. Maria and Shakti aren't selfish, but they're completely useless, naive, and powerless. Decisions Shakti makes end up getting people unintentionally killed. The Shrike Team weren't particularly selfish outside wanting revenge for fallen comrades.
>>
>>13518268
>you girls aren't making enough babies because it makes you ugly
Doesn't sound really feminist to me.
>>
File: CTDR8RpWEAA4_L0.jpg:orig.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CTDR8RpWEAA4_L0.jpg:orig.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
>>
>>13518821
He's a feminist, not a liar
>>
File: woah 4.gif (681 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
woah 4.gif
681 KB, 800x800
>>13518159
>He says he'd like it if he could give birth to take some of the load off of young women and help lessen the demographic crisis.
Jesus Tomino.

We don't deserve him.
>>
>>13518312
>>13518749
>>13518776
I love that /m/ is a board where an in-coming argument about SJWs can get derailed into a G-Victory disussion.
>>
File: 1438807396861.gif (668 KB, 500x470) Image search: [Google]
1438807396861.gif
668 KB, 500x470
>>13518159
>If it were possible, Tomino would be willing to become a slut to help Japan.
They don't deserve the old man.
>>
File: Narberal what.jpg (3 KB, 118x113) Image search: [Google]
Narberal what.jpg
3 KB, 118x113
>>13518159
>>
>>13518169
It is an oversimplification but having to put your career on hold is a pretty common reason especially for Japanese women who face discrimination if they do become pregnant and choose to keep working.
>>
>>13518159
>and ambitions and is extremely painful
4U
>>
>>13521932
>>13522625
He is the saint Japan needs.
>>
File: big boss salute.jpg (36 KB, 720x408) Image search: [Google]
big boss salute.jpg
36 KB, 720x408
>>13521932
>>13522625
>>13527513
stand with Tomino
>>
>>13518075
Has Tomino left a successor? Who will fight for future generations when he's gone?
>>
>>13518159
Artificial wombs and robots.
It's the only way.
>>
>>13527564
Armitage here we come
>>
>>13518268
>No, this sounds like Tomino being an actual feminist

But he's not being an disingenuous yuppie only concerned with proving his own moral superiority
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.