[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ideon Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2015-11-18-00-30-04.png (443 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-18-00-30-04.png
443 KB, 1920x1080
Gundam Henshin! : Ideon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm5I0hQhvzU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
>>
Was Ideon an 80s meme or something.
https://youtu.be/pOp_YUwE9VY
>>
https://youtu.be/iiPptw4Z8A0
>>
>>13517977
>>13517983
>>13517971

What I'd like to know is just who the fuck animated these.
>>
File: ideon.gif (884 KB, 180x135) Image search: [Google]
ideon.gif
884 KB, 180x135
>>13518298
I'd heared several things thrown around over the years including early gainax for the first one. I've had this gif of it for years. First time I've ever actually seen the video attached to it. Maybe some helpful moon reading Anon can give translate the credits and see who really did it.
>>
>>13517971
What do they reborn into?
>>
>>13518298
The animation itself was actually done by none other than Sunrise but the script was written by a 17 year-old person who won the prize for some kind of competition judging from the YouTube video OP posted.
>>
>>13517983

Oh god, that's amazing. I love the fact that it's just a load of guys doing the sound effects, so it really leans in to the feeling that it's just kids on a playground messing around.

This feels like the show Tomino originally promised the sponsors according to Gundam Sousei.
>>
I'm halfway through and the baby is annoying. Every battle scene it will switch to him seeing explosions and crying. I was hoping he's die of measles in that episode.

The designs of some of the characters also reminds me of shingeki no bahamut that aired like last year but that's more /a/ related.
>>
>>13521741
No one tell him
>>
>>13521891
Don't worry no one even cares about this thread.
>>
>>13521891
He's the final boss.
>>
>>13517977
Wow, I never saw that one. It's amazing.
>>
If I want to watch Ideon I should watch the series first, right? I'm assuming that's the case because I saw so many people say "JUST WATCH THE MOVIES" with regards to 0079 and later when I got into Gundam I watched the series and was baffled because the writing was much better than I expected and I couldn't figure out why people would want to throw out all of the characterization that takes place over the course of the series.
>>
>>13517971
That looks like the Logo for the Muppet Show.
>>
>>13526059
Ideon's a different case from 0079 because it was cancelled early. They made the last TV episode a simple "EVERYBODY DIES, THE END" (trust me, i'm not spoiling anything here).

The actual last arc of the plot is in the 2nd movie, Be Invoked.
>>
>>13526116
At what episode would I want to move from the series to Be Invoked, then? Or do they not match up that way (ie shit getting changed in the "recap" movie or whatever).
>>
>>13526298
Just watch all the way until the last episode. Be invoked connects from the start of that episode IIRC.
>>
>>13526059
Watch the whole TV series and then Be Invoked
there are some minor differences as well.
>>
So I saw the series and Be Invoked on Youtube and am starting over with EG's releases. There's something I'm missing. How long has the Buff Clan been around for? They originally came from Earth too, right?

By the way, the series is a lot better on a second watch.
>>
>>13526900

The Buff Clan are kind of a case of 'parallel evolution,' if you can call it that. They also sometimes call their homeworld Earth while it is explicitly shown to be different from the heroes' own Earth.

What I'm more curious about is how long they've been developing Heavy Mobile Mecha, since the Earth Union doesn't have that kind of shit at all, and the Buff Clan thought they were roughly at the same tech level at the start of the series. Maybe fighting the Ideon made the Buff Clan lose their shit a whole fucking lot.
>>
>>13521741

Lou is the anti-Christ

Cosmo has to use his special throwing knives hidden in his fro to kill him in the end
>>
Anyone else want Ideon: The Origin?

I know Ideon is probably not that popular in the west for that type of treatment but I'd buy those omnibuses in a heartbeat.
>>
File: Anime_Janai.jpg (78 KB, 450x660) Image search: [Google]
Anime_Janai.jpg
78 KB, 450x660
Remember to read the sequel manga to Ideon.
>>
>>13530950

> parallel evolution

The normal term used is convergent evolution, where different species in different locations isolated from each other evolve similar survival methods and physiological plans since there are only so many efficient ways nature can evolve - but yea, parallel evolution gets the meaning across too.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.