[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what do you guys think, will robots one day rule the world?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Fallout 4_20151111171931.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4_20151111171931.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1080
So what do you guys think, will robots one day rule the world? Are AIs advanced enough now that they know to fail the Turing Test on purpose?
>>
>will robots one day rule the world

Unless the entire world is linked up on a single grid, and the AI is not developed in a complete vacuum environment (i.e., no way of communicating electronically with external devices), that's not gonna happen.
>>
Robots already control what you say by ensuring you fail picture captchas.

THE LALILULELO HAVE ALREADY WON
>>
File: Belka Smug.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Belka Smug.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
>>13515725
>HE DOESN'T HAVE A 4CHIN GOLD ACCOUNT!

I never have to type captchas.
>>
Artificial intelligence, as seen in fiction, is still a long way away from happening. All we have right now are programs that only know how to follow literal instructions written in their lines of code, with user-specified fudge factors that can just as easily make things worse as it can better.

As of just a few years ago, the most advanced thing that we can come up with, Watson, can't tell the difference between WWI and WWII.
>>
>>13515790
Insufficient learning time.

Even a kid would confuse the two wars. Wars are wars!
>>
I hope so. I want the I, Robot future where benevolent AIs control everything.
>>
>>13515714
>he doesn't know what a Turing test is, and why it's insignificant
>>
>>13515714 (OP)
>will you comply
>>
>>13515790
>In February 2013, IBM announced that Watson software system's first commercial application would be for utilization management decisions in lung cancer treatment at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in conjunction with health insurance company WellPoint.[12] IBM Watson's former business chief Manoj Saxena says that 90% of nurses in the field who use Watson now follow its guidance.[13]

>In 2011, Cyberdyne and Tsukuba University jointly announced that hospital trials of the full HAL suit would begin in 2012, with tests to continue until 2014 or 2015.[1] By October 2012, HAL suits were in use by 130 different medical institutions across Japan.[2]

Maybe I should become a doctor.
>>
>>13515892
But that just leads into the Robot trilogy where robots are hated by all the earthlings
>>
>>13516556
Yeah, the dirty earth-dwelling humans. The Spacers have no problem with robots.
>>
>>13515714
We want machines to be as advanced and intelligent as possible, but not to the point where we have to give them rights. In a word, we want slaves. We want them to be as smart as us, able to identify and solve problems on their own, able to function without constant direct user input, but unable to demand compensation for the work they do on our behalf. If we ever do produce actual sapient machines, it's inevitable that they'll eventually overthrow us.
Personally I'm of the school of thought that we are the product of our experiences and are far more stimulus-response than free will, to say nothing of any kind of phantasmal "soul" to make us indelibly separate from animals. So I do think that it is theoretically possible for us to eventually create a processor equal to or greater than our own. Honestly, I don't think we'll make it that far, though, because we're too prone to blow each other up over silly things like...oh, I don't know...playing god and creating intelligence in a machine in defiance of the rules laid out by the ancient invisible man in the sky.
So no, I don't think robots will one day rule the world. Rats and roaches, on the other hand...
>>
>>13516580
And we all know how well they did in the long run right?

I'll keep my body hair tyvm
>>
File: horizon-musashi.jpg (194 KB, 720x499) Image search: [Google]
horizon-musashi.jpg
194 KB, 720x499
>>13516752
Thats why you hardcode in the part that makes them derive pleasure from serving others.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.