[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Valkyria Chronicles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 50
File: 1416384326319.jpg (289 KB, 1164x1748) Image search: [Google]
1416384326319.jpg
289 KB, 1164x1748
What? A new Valkyria Chronicles game for the PS4? And here I thought the franchise was dead-

>it's a fantasy RPG

The fuck? What's wrong with you Sega? You might as well should have let it stay dead.
>>
File: Valkyria.jpg (42 KB, 400x248) Image search: [Google]
Valkyria.jpg
42 KB, 400x248
>>13514831
Source, btw: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201511/17093206.html
>>
File: 564af1e21c125.jpg (40 KB, 400x248) Image search: [Google]
564af1e21c125.jpg
40 KB, 400x248
>>13514838
At least we're also getting the original game remastered for PS4, so it's not a complete waste.
>>
Who knows, it might actually be decent. The history of the setting always did seem interesting.

Certainly can't be worse than 2, at least.
>>
>>13514846
That's the part that I don't understand. The original game already looked fucking fantastic. Does it really need a remaster?
>>
>>13514831
This is the company that made VC2 set in highschool
what did you expect?
>>
>>13514848
2 may have had too much anime high school cliches but it introduced Best Girl, so I can't completely hate it.
>>
Scout rushing is too imba, only way to fix is to jump genres.
>>
>>13514848
>The history of the setting always did seem interesting.

Unless this is set in the distant past on a different part of the continent, this new game might be an AU.

>Prologue

>With the discovery of the azure mineral Ragnite, the powerful Rus Empire achieved rapid industrial development and expanded its territory. Jutland, a small country, is econmically blockaded by the large country, and advocating “independence and freedom from colonial rule,” strikes the empire army’s base.

>Characters
>Amleth – The protagonist. The commanding officer of the Jutland Kingdom’s elite Anti-Valkyria Unit.
.Ophelia – The heroine. The princess of the Jutland Kingdom.
>Brynhildr – A Valkyria sided with the Rus Empire that stands before the heroes.
>>
Am I the only one who liked and enjoyed VC2?
>>
>>13514918
No, I enjoyed it too. Not as much as 1 of course, but I liked most of the side characters (i.e. anyone in Class G who wasn't the main trio).
>>
>>13514918
Multi-map format was a good workaround for the weakened hardware and the introduction of side missions to flesh out every squad member was great. The civil war setting had a lot of potential as it felt like a natural followup to the leader of a nation basically denouncing the leading religious faction.

But it was bogged down a lot by the mix of high school romcom and serious war drama. Sure VC1 also had its weird juxtaposition of scenes, like with the pig, but in this, you could do a side mission where a classmate is forced to fight against his friend who joined the rebellion, then follow it up with a seperate classmate who wants to fuck his sister.
>>
I still haven't played 2 and 3.

I wish they would port 'em on PS4.
>>
>>13514838
>>13514846

From what I've read of the translated interview material I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, since they're making the distinction that Azure Rebellion is a spin-off of the main series it might leave the door open for future Valkyria Chronicles titles in the main Europa timeline. On the other, it seems they're changing the battle system to be simplified with a lesser emphasis on strategy. It's frustrating that SEGA often seems to not be able to see the strengths of their own titles when going forward to make subsequent games, and fall into sad traps like what's happened to VC and Sakura Taisen.
>>
Not to mention they still owe us a VC-verse spin-off starring the Skies of Arcadia characters.
>>
THANK YOU BASED SEGA
>>
>>13514838
>>13514846
>AU, unconnected to previous games
>not a strategy game anymore

Mixed feelings here.
>>
>>13514831
>he does not want to play strong nordic women who conquer Eurasia with their superior technology.
>>
>New VC
Good day to-

>New artist
Well I wasn't that big a fan of Rait-

>It's a fantasy RPG
Wait? That isn't righ-

>Not even a spinoff the original story but an AU
Okay...

>By a different dev who only helped a little with VC3
Er....

>Titles to the devs name are the Wild Arms series (which has gone to shit) and Digimon Cyber Sleuth
Welp.
>>
>>13515183
sounds like it will be shit, just like every other game nowdays
>>
>>13515215
>>>/v/
>>
>http://gematsu.com/2015/11/valkyria-azure-revolution-valkyria-chronicles-remaster-announced-for-ps4#sMvgKsjF7YkAK1yd.99
>"we went with an RPG because we think that’s what more users will want to play.”
WHAT? NO! if you want to make an RPG make a different game you damn asswipe!
>>
>>13515183
Wild arms 5 was good though.
>>
>>13514831
The only series Sega can even do well consistently these days is Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku (probably PSO too, but that doesn't get exported anymore). Let that sink in for a minute.
>>
>>13515256
Valkyrie Chronicles is an RPG series. What are you on about?
>>
>>13515256
But all of them have been an RPG? Granted the first one had tactics elements though to get the best grade means turning your scouts into rambo sometimes with a little support.
>>
>>13514915
One of the interviewed guy says he wants people to call it Kakumei series as opposed to Senjou series so maybe they won't be related at all except similar themes and lore.
Wait and see I guess.
>>
File: 35238845.png (2 MB, 1351x1000) Image search: [Google]
35238845.png
2 MB, 1351x1000
>>13515535

I think it'll be dependent on whether they can recapture the tone of the original, which is no small feat. They may have already kneecapped themselves by rehashing the plot of the first Valkyria Chronicles while instead of the novel setting of that game you instead have Generic Fanasty/Maybe-Steampunk World #30470X here in Azure Rebellion.
>>
>>13515699
Well in this one the main heroine isn't your everyman girl that later turns into a magical one. Instead it's the princess.

I can only hope we can recruit miss Valkyria into our party.

Also I heard that for this one the article says that you can pair the MC with anyone? but the text for these pictures is too small for me to read.
Can anyone confirm.
>>
>>13514838

Oh great, so I'm going to have to kill Selvaria again. Why can't she be the waifu/heroine for once?
>>
>>13515183
Cyber Sleuth was good, a little easy but gets hard during late game boss fights.
>>
>>13516221
You might be able to. Especially if the listen to Nip complaints.
>>
File: 1447795847005.png (1 MB, 1920x2900) Image search: [Google]
1447795847005.png
1 MB, 1920x2900
>>13516276

>Sega
>listening to fans

Kek.

They will beat themselves off as they drink our tears.

I actually think Sega really regrets killing Selvaria off in the first game. They've pretty much shoehorned her into every game post VC1 and she's pretty much the series mascot now. Never doubt in Sega's ability for self destruction though.
>>
>>13516221
SEGA is probably not ignorant of the fact that Selvaria is probably the franchise's most well-known and popular character. Hell, the whole reason they're going with an AU may be so that they can say 'Hey, this time Selvaria can be your waifu!'.
>>
>>13516313
Might also be a case of look NOTSelvaria defects to your side
>>
>>13516313
>>13516317

tfw they pull a bait and switch and imply a redemption before making her the final boss anyways.
>>
File: 1444500322011.jpg (154 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444500322011.jpg
154 KB, 1440x1080
>>13516307
Is this an in-game model?
>>
>>13516317
>>13516313

>Amleth – The protagonist. The commanding officer of the Jutland Kingdom’s elite Anti-Valkyria Unit.
>Ophelia – The heroine. The princess of the Jutland Kingdom.
>Brynhildr – A Valkyria sided with the Rus Empire that stands before the heroes.

Himecuts the love interest. MC leads a unit that hunts down people like not!Selvaria.

Her being alive by the end of the game probably isn't happening.

>>13516337

It's from the ball scene I think.
>>
>>13516307
They listen to nip fans more than anyone else. Though it's usually for their arcade and panchinko games.
>>
File: Selvaria.Bles.full.1097531.jpg (174 KB, 700x790) Image search: [Google]
Selvaria.Bles.full.1097531.jpg
174 KB, 700x790
>>13516360

The dress she wore looked more like this tho.
>>
>>13516307
How could they shoehorn her into games set after she self-destructed herself?
>>
>no Gallia, Europa, Empire or Federation,
>no tanks
>an RPG
>no alt-history WW2
>Valkyria doesn't even use a fucking lance
>no fucking tanks!

Why are they even calling it Valkyria if they're taking out everything about the setting that made it Valkyria?
>>
>>13516423

Well, VC is a tactical role-playing game to begin with, so complaining about it being an RPG is a bit misplaced unless they change the combat system - though from the limited shots we have, they may have done.

But yeah, it's odd. I have a thought that this may be a distant prequel, but even then.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (16 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
16 KB, 320x371
>>13516399
>finger on the trigger
>barrel pointed at her head
Fucking Nip idiots shouldn't be drawing guns if they don't know the first thing about handling them!
>>
>>13516433
>>13516423
It's no different than the Shining series starting as a dungeon crawler and then alternating between ARPG and SRPG.

Sega just likes to change the gameplay of their IPs.
>>
>>13516438
What did you expect from a nogunz country?
>>
>>13514918
Nah, my man: you're not alone. I'd have liked to see it developed on more, though.
>>
>>13516438

Implying a regular gunshot could kill her
>>
>>13514831
They even explained this decision.

>It'll attract more buyers.

It's a smart decision from a sales standpoint, and if it succeeds it'll allow them to make more Valkyria Chronicles strategy games, either on the Vita or as downloadable titles for multiple platforms. What I find interesting is that they only decided on it being a real-time RPG after experimenting with Valkyria Chronicles as an RTS. Why would anyone try to put an RTS on a console?

I just hope that with this being an RPG we get multiple waifus or endings.
>>
>>13516307
>dat dress
muh dick
>>
>>13516317
What if you as the elite anti-Valkyria MC actually end up defecting to join the Rus Empire instead?
>>
>>13514850
>muh trophies!
>>
>>13516626
>>13514850
If they remaster it and redesign the look of the game they can stop paying royalties to Raita on sales of the new remastered version.
>>
>>13516307
Am I the only one who finds Selvaria vastly overrated? The game is really beating you over the head how ~tragic~ she is and wants you to feel bad for her, but in the end she's still unapologetically killing thousands of people, including burning down full villages of unarmed civilians (see Imca's backstory in VC3). So all of those sympathetic scenes feel hollow. She's on the same level as any other Imperial.

Sure, her character design is 10/10, but it further reinforces my impression that we're supposed to like her only because she's hot.
>>
>>13515533
>the first one had tactics elements though to get the best grade means turning your scouts into rambo
this was my problem with VC1, you basically had to run like an idiot to enemy bases to finish 99% of the stages
hell, that one where you are at the front gates of the enemy castle with a shitload of enemies awaiting was kinda disappointing because of that
I think the one where your first face Selvaria was actually pretty difficult if you don't know what to do due to her and the goddamn tank
>>
>>13516639
>we're supposed to like her only because she's hot
that's the only thing that matters!
>>
>>13516639
Part of the appeal is the tragedy and how you want to make her better by addressing her pain, but I also think that her actions are completely in keeping with total war and add to her appeal because she's a great warrior.
>>
>>13514831
I think this is gonna be set on different part of continent.

Rus is obviously Not!Russia.
They still mention Valkyria.

I'm just happy for more games, maybe they'll alternate between Senjou and Kakumei.
>>
>>13514831
oh well, I MIGHT just get a PS4 this xmas
>>
>>13516639

Nah, she pretty much was unapologetically evil originally. Burning down villages and using rape metaphors to describe her Gallian strategy. Due to her unexpected popularity though, they started softening her portrayal and you got stuff like Behind her Blue Flame.

And about the whole Imca thing, wasn't that because Selvaria lost control of her powers due to some experiment Max had her doing?
>>
>>13515533
>>13516646
The hell are you talking about?

I got top ranks on nearly every stage, and the only time I used the rambo-scout approach was the first half of the Fouzen mission (because holy shit, it takes so much fucking AP to get Welkin across the map in time, all I could afford to send with him was a pair of scouts). Other than that, you're given plenty of time to win with more reasonable strategies.
>>
>>13516656
So then who were we fighting in the first three games? Prussia?
>>
>>13516649
Valkyria Chronicles is a game with anime like aesthetics. Pretty girls are a dime a dozen. Why should I like Selvaria when there are others who are also cute/sexy, have dramatic past or dilemmas, AND are not war crime-committing monsters on top of that?

>>13516650
>total war
And yet we have characters like Radi Jaeger who is on the Imperials' side but tries to limit how much downright villainy he does and becomes more sympathetic as a result. Selvaria murders innocents en masse because "muh emperor told me to". This makes her as bad as Berthold "Concentration camps are fun" Gregor.
>>
>>13516666
>using rape metaphors to describe her Gallian strategy

WAT
>>
>>13516672
VC1 isn't balanced for scouts, this is common knowledge
>>
>>13516679
>Why should I like Selvaria when there are others who are also cute/sexy, have dramatic past or dilemmas, AND are not war crime-committing monsters on top of that?
Because none of them have Sayaka Ohara's glorious voice.
>>
>>13516639

She looked pretty good when you stacked her against the other leaders, both Gallian and Imperial. As far as killing civvies, what are you going to do when a whole population is highly militarized, uncooperative, and is trying to kill you. Wholesale slaughter of civilians was actually a tactic practiced back in WWII (the time frame VC is aping) by both Allies and Axis, both because munitions were very imprecise, and because of the fear of civilian resistance (later on, they even came up with the concept of morale or terror bombing).
>>
>開発:メディア・ビジョン
Huh
>>
>>13516675
NotNazi Germany. Which is funny, considering geographically Germany should be on the Federation side of Europa
>>
>>13516711
>She looked pretty good when you stacked her against the other leaders, both Gallian and Imperial.

Not really. Gregor is the only one who looks bad because he's a nazi. Jaeger was already mentioned and he's far more sympathetic and while he doesn't hide from a fight he is not doing horrible things, you can tell he's just a soldier doing his job (and so his country doesn't get slaughtered by the Empire).

On the Gallian side, the army commander (forgot his name) is a cartoonishly pig headed buffoon who exists only so we don't feel bad for the army when Selvaria blows it up. But even he isn't that evil, just incompetent and an idiot. Captain Varrot is competent and likeable; and Faldio is a fucking hero whom the game treats like a villain because VC is this weird thing where sometimes you get gritty war time drama, and sometimes you get shonen anime storytelling - and when the two interact it becomes cringeworthy.

And just saying, if you have characters who do strategically sound but morally vile decisions like LoGH's Oberstein? That's fine with me. I just don't like when the game expects me to treat them as sad little cinnamon rolls.
>>
>>13516779

It's been a while since I last played VC. I don't remember her being that much of an irredeemable scumbag sociopath. When did she kill civvies and were there any other war crimes she committed?
>>
File: thefook.jpg (16 KB, 275x279) Image search: [Google]
thefook.jpg
16 KB, 275x279
>>13516779
>sad little cinnamon rolls
>>
>>13516679

/m/ tends to crush on horrible people. The worse off, the better. Off the top of my head you got:

Cima, Nena, Katejina, and Haman from Gundam
Proist from Gaiking
Beatrix and Yuuko from Muv-Luv

No surprise they'd go for Selvaria.
>>
>>13516812
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/beautiful-cinnamon-roll-too-good-for-this-world-too-pure

>>13516799
She's not presented as an evil gloating sociopath, her presentation is sympathetic, but her actions are not.

>When did she kill civvies
VC3, Imca's village. And it's implied that's far from the only place she destroyed.

>were there any other war crimes she committed?
Blowing everything up in a fuckhuge radius after surrendering. It's not as evil as setting up concentration camps, but it IS a war crime.

And of course she asks the militia to evacuate first because militia is sympathetic so annihilating them would make Selvaria look bad, on the other hand all we know from the army is one asshole general so even if it all gets obliterated, they're all faceless and nameless so no one cares.
>>
Dammit guys now I'm hungry.
>>
>>13516837

Imca's Village was an accident though. She lost control of her powers in an experiment, and well, the village went up.

As for the second. Yeah, that was pretty shitty. I don't know if it was necessarily a war crime (probably is).
>>
File: images[1].jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
8 KB, 300x168
>>13516845
get some bread
>>
File: Gloria_Durrell.png (116 KB, 240x400) Image search: [Google]
Gloria_Durrell.png
116 KB, 240x400
Granny boom boom is best soldier
>>
>No Raita
>Selvaria is still there somehow
Meh
>>
>>13516779
>But even he isn't that evil, just incompetent and an idiot

Nah, Damon wanted to use poison gas in III, so he was kind of evil too.
>>
>>13516666
>>13516856
Funny thing, I don't remember VC3 saying the village was an accident but the wiki seems to confirm it. Oh well.

>I don't know if it was necessarily a war crime (probably is).
Basically, if you are a prisoner of war but act in a way that makes it less likely for prisoners to be taken in the future, it's a war crime. This includes suicide bombings, only "pretending" to surrender and then continuing to fight, etc.
>>
>>13516869
I thought she was OVA only?
>>
>>13516891
Did you even play VC3
>>
>>13516893
I haven't played any VCs. Just watched the one OVA. :^)
>>
>>13516886

At the same time, you're obligated to escape, defend yourself, and can even steal and (I think) even kill during an escape (though the enemies allowed to shoot you, and if recaptured can prosecute you further).

Sides, we don't even know if VC operates with the same ROE that we do in RL.
>>
>>13516869
>tfw forgot to finish VC3
I remember getting at some point where her aiming reticle became a dot. That was the best.
>>
File: wut.png (92 KB, 665x598) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
92 KB, 665x598
>>13516837
>http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/beautiful-cinnamon-roll-too-good-for-this-world-too-pure
>>
>Valkyria Chronicles Duel has an artbook
>It's completely fucking useless
>>
More Raita and More Valkyria Chronicles.

That's all I ever wanted SEGA. Not your Sonic.
>>
Found some clearer (although not by that much) scans.

Looks like some sort of mech with huge guns?
>>
>>13517121
>not ayylmao isolation 2 / ALIENS: CONFRONTATION

I want more of Amanda's wild ride.
>>
>>13517163
>>
>>13517174
MC
>>
>>13517178
Princess.

>>13517121
Doesn't seem like Raita is doing the character designs this time.
>>
So if Raita's not doing the designs, would it still be a faux pas for him to draw porn of S̶e̶l̶v̶a̶r̶i̶a̶ Brunhilda?
>>
>>13517271

No. But why would you want that? His modern stuff is terrible.
>>
>>13517317
>His modern stuff is terrible.
You're terrible.
>>
>tfw no Alicia to hug and comfort you when you're terrified because Imperials are about to surround the team
>>
>>13516836
Can also add Himika to that list
>>
File: Group 13.jpg (226 KB, 816x1041) Image search: [Google]
Group 13.jpg
226 KB, 816x1041
>>13516858
BREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAADD

>>13517163
>>13517174

Hmm, so it seems like enemy encounters will play out like this, with your party of five engaging groups of enemies all at once. The map function from previous Valkyria games will allow one to try and debuff enemy groups before engaging in combat for a price (a la Command Points) if I read the interview correctly.
>>
>tfw we'll never get a game of Jaeger kicking Imperial scum out of his homeland.

I wish we could have seen more of the VC world outside of Gallia.
>>
how is this /m/?
>>
>>13517531
Clearly you've never played VC
>>
>>13517534

thats obvious. how about answering the question?
>>
File: Jane_Turner.png (204 KB, 400x689) Image search: [Google]
Jane_Turner.png
204 KB, 400x689
>Best girl ain't gonna return
next
>>
>>13514831
It was always a fantasy rpg faggot
>>
>>13517544
Play VC. Then you'll see.
>>
>>13517656

im not playing another shitty jrpg
>>
>>13515533
>>13515521
Strategy-RPGs are vastly different from regular RPGs like Final Fantasy or the Tales series.

VC 1-3 were all SRPGs. Thie spin-off "Revolution" game is an RPG.
>>
>>13517664
VC is more like a tactical wargame than a JRPG.
>>
File: 238.jpg (3 MB, 2414x3507) Image search: [Google]
238.jpg
3 MB, 2414x3507
>>13517531
>>
>>13517697

I don't consider tanks to be /m/
>>
>>13517121
I'd still like to add a proper sequel to Skies of Arcadia. You don't have to continue the plot, or keep the characters, or even the world. Just give us more airship combat and more sky pirate adventuring.
>>
File: 1447320002935.jpg (100 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447320002935.jpg
100 KB, 1920x1080
>>13515183
>Titles to the devs name are the Wild Arms series

Wait, so is Kaneko a part of this?
>>
>>13517704

Dude, there's mechs in the game. Check out: >>13517163
>>13517174
>>
>>13517590
>best girl
but that's not >>13516869
>>
>>13517689
as a matter of fact how is it even considered an RPG? aside from the stat building and even then it's closer to xcom except without the base building
>>
File: i happen to be an expert.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
i happen to be an expert.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>>13517777
Easy there Nana.

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: This is developed by Media Vision, the same company that developed Wild Arms for Sony. Kaneko used to be a big part of Media Vision but left several years ago to start a new video game company, Witchcraft. Horse's mouth of /m/ says he recently stepped down from Witchcraft to focus on anime, I don't care enough to keep up and frankly it's not relevant to this discussion.
>>
>>13517765
Ok, I admit I completely forgot about Sega's Skies of Arcadia. That one I also want; but that's even less-likely than the VC equivalent of the "Tales of " series.
>>
>>13517777
>>13518305
More specifically Akifumi Kaneko now works as one of the driving figures on the Symphogear franchise.
>>
>>13518435
I don't know how I feel about this I like symphogear but I also want to see a new wild arms game
>>
>>
>>13518440
He was trying for several years and apparently Sony isn't interested.
>>
>>13516420
Because they aren't set after that?
>>
>>13518600
Imca's weapon was pretty dumb desu
>>
>>13518817
I can buy it as anti-tank/handheld artillery, but as a melee weapon with the bayonet being effectively used in close combat... yeah, it's a bit ridiculous.
>>
>>13516639
>The game is really beating you over the head how ~tragic~ she is

Just like everything else the game tries to get across, like uh how self-sacrifice is bad and how people who are idealistic like Welkin are good. Oh and how jews suffer a lot but they are people too.

You telling me there was some semblance of subtlety in VC1? Please share. I'm pretty sure the whole game was incredibly lighthearted from a story telling POV and was only a vehicle for the comfy CANVAS engine and the gameplay.
>>
>>13516779
>if you have characters who do strategically sound but morally vile decisions like LoGH's Oberstein?
>strategically sound
>Oberstein

Armchair strategist confirmed. Literally dumber than an anime character over 20 years ago. /m/ never fails to surprise me. Protip: Anyone who advocates the rules as absolute isn't competent unless they are clever enough to use the loopholes. The fact that he's so retarded he prioritized the rules over thinking up a way for Kircheis to be exempted showed just how jealous he was of the kid. He also made that change without consulting the admiral in charge of security, which by the rules is a no-go and a blatant abuse of it, thereby taking in all responsibility for the fuck up with the faggot hiding a rocket launcher to himself. But does he punish himself? No.

Let's not even get into how terrible westerland was from a strategic perspective. Having the ability to stream space battles yet can't even show off shooting down fucking nukes from the enemy and having Reinhardt hailed as a hero? Really? Are people gonna believe in the news any less when giant ass nukes explode in Westerland orbit for their entire population to see? Will they just blindly believe it was a setup for no good reason when the entire series has always been that the masses is gullible to a fault? Let's not even get into his incredibly idea of hiring Lang and giving him any remote semblance of power and yet doesn't watch over him despite constantly having his police spy on other admirals for fear of revolt. Truly competent.

Ah right, that was never the case. There was always a better method. It's just that without it, the author can't shoehorn his tragedy and it wouldn't be as entertaining. Why do you think Japanese novels nowadays go so far to explain thought processes and use multiple perspectives?
>>
>>13517704
Every single installment of VC has power armor.
>>
File: 186.jpg (344 KB, 1200x1758) Image search: [Google]
186.jpg
344 KB, 1200x1758
>>13517704
Fortunately your shit taste doesn't determine what is and isn't /m/. Also as >>13518944 said, there is power armor in the game.
>>
>>13518944
>inb4 power armours aren't /m/
give it a break, if you can't convince a guy that a 10 meter tall cannons on wheel it's not /m/ he's not going to settle with power armour powered by magical rocks
>>
>>13519010
>wheels

not /m/
>>
>>13519066
Technically it's treads like the Guntank. Cause you know, it's a tank? Get it? Guntank? Tank?

Oh who am I kidding you never watched MSG.
>>
>>13517704
What you consider /m/ is irrelevant. Tanks are just as /m/ as toasters.
>>
>>13519004
>that airdrop sketch
Power-armored guys jumping out of aircraft will never not be cool.
>>
>>13519789
Too bad it only happened in that one cutscene. The first time I played VC2, I was actually expecting the final mission to be storming the airship, similar to the Marmota climax in VC1.
>>
File: mag-Valkyria-AzureRevolution_1.jpg (1 MB, 3198x1980) Image search: [Google]
mag-Valkyria-AzureRevolution_1.jpg
1 MB, 3198x1980
>>13514831

These have been out for a while but in case someone missed them.

1/3
>>
File: mag-Valkyria-AzureRevolution_2.jpg (1 MB, 3198x1980) Image search: [Google]
mag-Valkyria-AzureRevolution_2.jpg
1 MB, 3198x1980
>>13521432

2/3
>>
File: mag-Valkyria-AzureRevolution_3.jpg (1 MB, 3198x1980) Image search: [Google]
mag-Valkyria-AzureRevolution_3.jpg
1 MB, 3198x1980
>>13521437

3/3
>>
>>13515021
Hey, whoa, anon. They weren't blood related so its 100% a-ok.
>>
>>13521432
The new faces just don't compare to the CANVAS engine ones. It's both anime style but VC1 just had that real comfy effect and perfect proportion facial structure.

This one seems generic as hell. If you changed her hair color I wouldn't even be able to tell she's a Selvaria clone.
>>
>>13521432
>>13521437
>>13521441
So if Raita isn't doing the art, who is?

And if he isn't doing the art, does this mean we can expect actual Raita porn of the series, unlike Senjou VC?
>>
>>13521760
That style is really familiar, but I can't tell off the top of my head.

Seriously, Raita has a unique style that fits Valkyria Chronicles really well. This is just ordinary, like LN art.
>>
>>13521760
The new character artists are Hiro Kiyohara and Takayama Toshiaki. A manga artist and a TCG artist. I hate what they've done for this game so far.
>>
>>13521441
Wait, does LeGION = Lead a Group Into Outrage & Numerous army? Because if so, that's some SEED level of acronym going on there.
>>
>>13521805
>Look at their portfolios
They're shit. At least as pros.
>>
File: original.jpg (103 KB, 916x525) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
103 KB, 916x525
Website is up: http://portal.valkyria.jp/azure/

Not new content, though.
>>
No Raita no buy
>>
>>13521432
If used Tony artstyle would be like the later shining force games. Also there one on psp and the gameplay i look like VC
>>
>>13524743
Wheres the qt jew girl to be killed?
>>
>>13524990
Maybe the girl in the short skirt in the screen shot. She hasn't been named yet.
>>
File: pict07.jpg (680 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
pict07.jpg
680 KB, 1600x900
Teaser trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rNJFn0VU5I
>>
>>13526157
I find it strange yet wonderful they're reverting to more of a fantasy setting that they originally envisioned. I wonder if we'll end up with the Bastien cat race.
>>
File: valkyria rpg.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1800) Image search: [Google]
valkyria rpg.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1800
oh fuck me
>>
>>13526317

dat superior japanese steel
>>
>>13526317
It's like this game personifies everything I hate about the Valkyria's battle system
>>
>>13526350
To me, it's more all the shitty parts of the setting in one image.
I want more Not WWII with supertanks and anachronisms out the ass. Not... sword-dudes doing boring sword-dude things.
>>
File: 1443252677907.jpg (193 KB, 957x853) Image search: [Google]
1443252677907.jpg
193 KB, 957x853
>>13526317

>Like valkyria because its FE but with guns
>Now player characters don't get guns but the enemies do
Yeah fuck you too sega.
>>
File: 91CZvCMR7xL.jpg (555 KB, 1000x1402) Image search: [Google]
91CZvCMR7xL.jpg
555 KB, 1000x1402
>>13521805

>Hiro Kiyohara

Awesome.

>>13521816

You're beyond pathetic.
>>
>>13526317
>>13526382
If anything, it seems they're running with VC2's Fencer idea combined with VC3's Squad Command ability.
>>
>>13526317
They just went full anime, didn't they.
>>
>>13517777
>7777
>Nana
IT'S TOO LATE
SHE HAS SPOKEN
>>
>>13526317
>hotpants megane with knives
hmmmm
>>
>>13516544
>>13516438
Yeah, America is full of guns and everyone, especially the owners (who are paragons of good sense, intelligence, and gun safety), knows all the proper safety procedures, follows them to the letter, and never accidentally shoots themselves or others as a result.
And they're always sure to say "cartridge" instead of "bullet", because doing otherwise makes them look like a clip/mag fuck-up.
>>
>>13516836
>Cima
>horrible person
She was unwittingly duped into her evil act and tries to side with the Feddies.
>>
>>13517163
Is it wrong that I'd rather be the faceless mech army instead of some anime teens with swords?
>>
>>13526317
They said it was supposed to have tactical elements but obviously it's not displayed here.

What are they talking about? Are they referring to Hyrule Warriors kind of tactical where you have to decide what you do first but still wipe the fuck out of everything or is there some strategy game they haven't showed us yet hidden in the gameplay?
>>
>>13526365
I hate to say it, but you'll have to resort to Codename S.T.E.A.M. to get your fix now. Well, except that it's less WWII and more aliens.
>>
>>13527930
>Is it wrong that I'd rather be the faceless mech army instead of some anime teens with swords?
This is why anime always portrays adults as villains who have lost their way.
>>
>>13527984
It's a great game.

No scratch that it's a fucking awesome game.

Needs to rip off of X-COM more though.
>>
>>13516639
I don't think she is that great, the only reason people care is her tits and honestly her whole design spoils the aesthetic of the game. At least VC1 got she needed to die

I just want a mostly down to earth animu World War 2. 1 was mostly there but it has been all over the place since
>>
>>13515116
>not wanting a new Skies of Arcadia
>not wanting it bundled with Skies of Arcadia Remaster
>>
File: NotSelvaria.jpg (326 KB, 1600x1760) Image search: [Google]
NotSelvaria.jpg
326 KB, 1600x1760
>Doesn't even use a lance, the signature weapon of a Valkyria

Also original Selvaria was hotter.
>>
>>13528386
>wanting current Sega to touch a classic franchise
>wanting them to waste resources remastering and possibly changing a good gamefor the worst

Every time I think they're going to redeem themselves they go and do something like this. I'd rather them not touch Arcadia until they (and that's an IF) get their shit together.
>>
>>13528510
>Scythes
They have to be my least favourite weapon in games or anime, it just looks stupid and so edgy
>>
>>13516639
She's overrated, but she's not a bad character.

She served her role in the plot fine.
>>
>>13528510
I actually wonder if her weapon will shift from an idle state like Valkyrian weapons do.

Or if it's a static weapon similar to some used by Raita's Mahou Shoujo eroge girls.
>>
>>13527885
>went full anime
Back to SA with you.
>>
>>13528663
All that stuff is the worst part of the setting though.
>>
File: Isara 3.jpg (603 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Isara 3.jpg
603 KB, 1200x1200
>>13526317
>>13526157

Huh, now that I see the game in motion it's easier to see how they've altered the treatment of Ragnite. With it being more of a magical doohickey than a all-purpose fuel, you can see the blue glow of the mechs' power cores and the main characters' weapons. Maybe if Amleth and Ophelia's melee weapons are the exception to the rule then perhaps we'll see their allies with more conventional weapons, like the as-of-yet unnamed character seen with them in screenshots. The army they're leading seems pretty much on par with the enemies, barring Giant Mechanical Enemy Crabs, so I hope we'll see some player characters that are more reminiscent of past VC games.
>>
>>13516438
Why do you think she's upset? It isn't because he tried to cop a feel.
>>
>PS4 only
what's the point in caring
>>
>>13529473

some people bought the ps4 for bloodborne.

im assuming these people already have a gaming pc
>>
The VC3 devs said they felt they'd done all they wanted with the VC combat system and were thinking of doing something new in the coming years after that game came out, so this isn't really much of a surprise. Sucks for NA fans since we didn't get VC3 and most westerners don't consider handheld games to be "real games" anyway, but it makes sense from the dev's perspective.
>>
>>13529491
I bought PS4 for JRPGs and simple familiarity with PS3, PS2, PS1 (the portable playstation), AND PSX (classic first-gen PS).

Don't really play things like Halo, and tried Destiny only to get bored fast.

>>13529602
SEGA really should just HD remaster VC2 and 3 and release them on Steam and PS4, kind of like what Squeenix did with FF Type 0, from PSP to PS3 (which did include some better cutscenes and content, though they fudged improving the battle system).

Sure 2 will be shit, and Elite Fencers will rape everything short of a tank, but it does share 95% of it's general setup with VC3, meaning they can basically do work for both at the same time.
>>
>fantasy rpg
>art style is worst
>gameplay looks action/sword centric

Why even bother?
>>
File: tears - 2.png (79 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
tears - 2.png
79 KB, 500x599
>>13528809
> Isara's death in anime

.. fuck this feels.
>>
>>13529634
>SEGA really should just HD remaster VC2 and 3

Nah, Sega should just retcon the fuck out of those games and pretend they don't exist. Then make an actual proper VC entry that's actually similar to the first game in its art, budget and tone.
>>
>>13530587
VC3 isn't bad, the atmosphere isn't as good as 1 and they should have ditched the dumb big swords but outside that it is decent game

You could say maps are still small but I kind of like them like that. You can see what you need to do and execute it quickly
>>
>>13514831

Unless we get to fuck Selvaria somehow, NO SALE.
>>
>>13531443
They have made a fake one for you shitty waifu fags >>13528510
>>
>>13516399
>>13514831
>>13514838
>>13514846
>TFW No Sequel with Jeager as main character.
JUST
>>
>>13518817
>>13518841
Its Just a Monster Hunter bullshit weapon
>>
>>13518817
See that I can stand. It is a big gun first and foremost

It's shit like I can't stand. It just has no place in the game.
>>
File: 010.jpg (2 MB, 2439x3504) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
2 MB, 2439x3504
I wonder if we'll get outcasts again in some form.
>>
File: Nameless 5.jpg (304 KB, 670x400) Image search: [Google]
Nameless 5.jpg
304 KB, 670x400
>>13534308

Perhaps. I don't think it'll be a Nameless situation, but the teaser text underneath the game's title seen in scans and on the official site seems to suggest maybe there's more to your squad than meets the eye.
>>
>>13534840
The fact he's part of a group that's hunting the most dangerous warriors on the planet does make it seem like it's a deliberate suicide mission.
>>
>>13514831
>VC, a slightly goofy war TRPG
>spiritual successor to Sakura Wars and influenced by Skies of Arcadia vets where both games are very light, have fantasrical settings, and have very anime goofiness
>gets a fantasy RPG spinoff
>This is somehow strange and worth whining about

Not to say the new game will be good, but VC itself was born from huge deviations from games the devs made prior.

>>13515183
I agree with
>>13515433
Wild Arms 5 might feel like it has a stupid story, and the character designs tread farther into unrealistic teenage anime territory, but in terms of gameplay it's an evolution of the cruder 4, and has a much more unique battle system than the standard turn based fare of 3 and prior.

>>13514915
Suspiciously similar to the original scrapped idea for the original VC. The main characters were supposed to be more like heroes in that they were a small group protecting their small island but then fight off an invading larger empire.
>>
>>13514846
>PS3 game getting remastered for the PS4

Either make it a straight up remake or just port it.
>>
>>13528572
It's clearly a scythe/halberd thing since it has an axe blade on the other edge. Not that that makes it any less absurd. The scythe was never designed to be a weapon as it was just an agricultural implement. Probably gained "weapon" status due to peasants and the grim "reaper (it reaps because it harvests with the scythe)." But don't quote me on that.
>>
>>13526280
>originally envisioned
VC from it's earliest conception was influenced by WWII-esque games and fiction. The devs go out of their way to mention Saving Private Ryan as an inspiration many times. The specifically chose Raita as the artist because of one microtank illustration he did in a doujinshi that showed off his ability to make a fake, but almost realistic expression of an old war uniform.
>>
This thread reminded me that I needed to get off my ass and play VC2.

As silly as they are, I can't bring myself to hate Armor Techs/Fencers. They're just so hilariously stupid that I can't help but love them. I get to have Isara run around and smash everything to death with a fucking hammer? Sign me up.

Also, it always amuses me just how blatantly not-Zabi the Gassenarls are. Now that I think about it, if they're the Zabis, does that mean Dirk is Char? Does that mean Avan is Sayla?
>>
File: 342_343Resized70.jpg (4 MB, 3416x2446) Image search: [Google]
342_343Resized70.jpg
4 MB, 3416x2446
>>13538032
I was referring to Gallian Panzers.

Where the Marmota was originally a giant walker and nekomimis existed instead of techjew Darcsens.
>>
File: Goddamit Gloria, too good.jpg (185 KB, 978x606) Image search: [Google]
Goddamit Gloria, too good.jpg
185 KB, 978x606
>>13516869
Pretty sure only the ex-police chick had similar accuracy.
>>
>>13527930
Congrats, you're the villain now, go ahead and impale yourself on your sword now. If you want to play a ultra jackass then play Soul Nomad demon route.
>>
ITT: baww, muh nostalgia
>>
>>13528766
Just stick to your X-coms or whatever.
>>
I bought the PC port of VC, and... gosh. It's been half a year, and I haven't gotten started with the second story arc yet. It's just too sloooooooow. The separation between action and cheesy drama filler is also jarring, since it's hard to get back into combat focus after 30 minutes of gabbing between each mission.

When does it start getting good?
>>
>>13530587
3 was the better game, 1 was dogshit outside the canvas engine.
>>
>>13539062
>When does it start getting good?
Never, you're just not cut out for JRPGs.
>>
>>13539068
Er, well... I do like JRPG's. I grew up on them, to be honest, although I've gotten a bit alienated over the years.

I just find that the pacing between combat and "plot" is a bit too sluggish. It doesn't allow me to find and keep my focus, and at the same time, the story seems to evolve at a pace that doesn't foster interest at this stage at the least.

I do however like the concept of the combat system. It's an interesting mix of igougo and simultaneous movement.
>>
File: 1445098288491.gif (118 KB, 300x477) Image search: [Google]
1445098288491.gif
118 KB, 300x477
>>13539085
>igougo
>>
File: 5RzgDj8.jpg (566 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
5RzgDj8.jpg
566 KB, 1536x2048
>>13539085
If you like that system AND giant robots come to /tg/ and learn about Infinity, the tabletop game where you can ↑←↑
>>
>>13539064
Isn't 3 just like 1 but with much shittier art direction and graphics, tiny as fuck maps, and idiotic gigantic melee weapons? How is it possible to go so far below dogshit?
>>
>>13539103
Which system is this? I haven't been back to /tg/ in a while, but I used to play BattleTech a lot in the local circuits.
>>
>>13539353
Infinity is a tabletop game with Valkyria-style rules. You get a set number of activations a turn to divide between your squad, and as you move your men every guy who can see you gets a shot. You have to beat their shooting rolls to not get hit.

The setting is basically Shirow/Oshii to the max, with added aliums
>>
>>13539366
Oh, Infinity? Gosh, I somehow reverse proofread the post and only caught the unnecessary parts of it.

I do like Infinity's rules, but the aesthetics are a bit... well, awkward.

I mean, if you want shirow, hire shirow.
>>
>>13518294
Stats/Exp, team management and equipment are mechanics of an RPG, that's why you call that a T-RPG ( TPS TA-JRPG to be precise here ).
>>
File: VC_Freesia1.png (311 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
VC_Freesia1.png
311 KB, 512x384
Don't mind me just posting best girl
>>
>>13540936
Those hoops are really earritating.
>>
File: 1292522745757.png (93 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1292522745757.png
93 KB, 480x640
>>13540936
Best lady of the night.

>>13541444
Those are what she measures perfect penis girth for riding, with.
>>
File: Squad7 14.jpg (191 KB, 891x656) Image search: [Google]
Squad7 14.jpg
191 KB, 891x656
>>13540936

Freesia's half of my go-to lady Scouts. Pic related.
>>
>>13527984
I'm actually playing through CNS a second time in months.

It's a goddamn shame how the press was so quick to shit on it, the groundwork it lays offers so much potential for a sequel to expand upon, but it'll never happen because of those Fractale-tier sales numbers.

Literally marketing blunder of the year, no amount of word of mouth could keep the game afloat in the face of SHOVELWARE LOOKING SHIT WOULD NOT BUY with a dash of FUCKING AMIIBO CONTENT LOCKED CHARACTERS WOULD NOT BUY.
>>
>>13545264
She's actually a decent scout, along with Juno.

Only reason Alicia is used more often is because of her Potentials making her a tank.
>>
File: datcomfyness.jpg (39 KB, 1200x480) Image search: [Google]
datcomfyness.jpg
39 KB, 1200x480
>>13539417
>I do like Infinity's rules, but the aesthetics are a bit... well, awkward.
>>
>>13529473
>Not having a PS4
Sucks for you, I'm hyped.
>>
Short interview with the director: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/11/24/valkyria-azure-revolution-details-on-perma-deaths-difficulty-and-upcoming-demo/
>>
>>13551254
>Fire Emblem-style deaths
Well, this here's going to be a bumpy ride.
>>
>>13551273
VC sort of had that; if the enemy touched your downed ally before your own teammates or if you let them bleed out for 2 turns, they effectively were killed (start of the 3rd turn if they bled out) and unavailable for the rest of the playthrough.

Only exceptions were your story characters.

Judging by this though, it seems they may weave the side-characters more directly into the plot this time; presumably maybe one character knew of an alternate route not normally available if they died, or one figured out how to disable some enemy defenses and made a later mission easier if they didn't die early on.
>>
>>13551394
Though it was abandonned in VC 2 et 3 because " Muh casuals don't want characters to die if they play bad "
>>
>>13551394
>>13551273
I still think they could have implemented a "casual mode" like with fire emblem awakening, I mean sure casual a shit and all but giving players options to play how they want is hardly ever a bad thing, more sales without compromising the gameplay is a good thing right?
>>
>>13552404
VC1 did it best.

You could have someone get KO but if you adjusted you saved them. Having characters just straight up die (especially in games where they are named and not just random grunt 23) means if you want to get everything out of the game you have to play levels repeatedly to not lose anyone can be annoying
>>
There's a high chance it could be just like in VC1, they haven't gave out details yet afaik
I think if you want to make permadeath, you should just make it so any death gives a game over, as most people playing these games are into story and sub events and will reset anyway so as to not miss anything by loosing a character.
At least they didn't give out a stupid reason like "we're putting in permadeath because it's nostalgic"
>>
>>13514846
it's already highres is the pc version.
unless they're using a new engine, don't bother.
>>
File: Group 8.jpg (90 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
Group 8.jpg
90 KB, 800x1067
>>13552632
>I think if you want to make permadeath, you should just make it so any death gives a game over

I think that's taking it to an illogical extreme, though. Bringing it back to Fire Emblem, what about the people who actively want to play a no reset/continue run, and have potential character death as part of their role-playing experience, especially in cases like FE4 where certain deaths can change the story down the line without necessarily detracting from it. Don't get me wrong, I'm as much of a perfectionist as the next guy when it comes to these kinds of games, but I don't think perfection should be one's only means of progression.
>>
>>13552830
That's cute. What is it ?
>>
File: Squad7 29.jpg (149 KB, 800x489) Image search: [Google]
Squad7 29.jpg
149 KB, 800x489
>>13552847

I think it was a limited framed print signed by Raita from back when the first game was released. Not my picture, so I'm not sure just how many of those are actually out there in the world.
>>
>>13552878
Well shit, Raita actually did good and cute drawings instead of his usual fucked up weirdness. You teach me something there.
>>
>>13552892
Raita's always been the "huge rail thin girls with huge effin boobs" artist.
It's what his customers buy, primarily.
>>
>>13552830
The problem is a lot of games don't make it have any real effect on the story but you do miss out on neat side stuff that people want. So people who don't want to play the same map a load of times get put off, especially if the only way to level a character is the story missions

That's why 1 strikes a happy medium and complete perma death should be saved for a hard mode
>>
>>13552830
You're right that what stupid of me. I think they should just give us the choice of permadeath or not, and make it unrelated to difficulty mode.

I'm actually no perfectionist, and I don't like doing no reset runs. I do reset in permadeath games when I loose a unit, or even when there isn't permadeath like in SRW, but I don't considered myself as one. I also used savestates in almost all the FE games I played and not ashamed at all.
>>
>>13552404
The game being so easy to savescum meant that was never really a problem for me.

I mean shit, at least X-Com used the same seed for loaded battles so you couldn't just do the same thing over and over and only save the successful rolls.
>>
On the subject of permadeath mechanics, really as long as you don't get something like FE Shadow Dragon's "gaiden chapter recruitables are nothing more than a second chance to ensure you have a certain minimum number of named units available to you" then you should have nothing to worry about.

Hiding content behind a "you need to either be bad at videogames or intentionally sabotage yourself" wall is some ass backwards reasoning.
>>
>>13516869
She strikes me as an insufferable bint.
>>
>>13553084
They did say they're including an easy mode.

Which is probably akin to FE:As Casual mode; likely for those who want the full story including any minor extras resulting from side-characters.
Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.