[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anybody see this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (61 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
61 KB, 400x600
Was it any okay?
>>
Wanted to see it, but it had single showings in unfavorable timeslots on the days it was playing. Couldn't see it.

They really should have released the movie in September/October. There were less big name movies playing, so it would be easier to get more showings on better days for less cost.
>>
>>13512376
I just saw it with two of my friends. There was two other people in the theater.

It was okay
>>
It was pretty good except for the rushed ending and forced tribute.
>>
I saw it opening night at 9. There were only 2 other showing in the subsequent days.

I went with my friend and the crowd definitely skewed older, I mean like late 20's. There was even a group of some late 30 or 40 somethin's in there.

But to answer your question I also thought it was okay. I was expecting a little bit more since it was feature length, but it was really just another episode of Arise. Still cool to see in theaters and had some stuff I didn't see coming, but I wish there would have been slightly more attention given to the supporting squad characters.
>>
They have it on a website called rainierland tamayo
>>
I thought it was pretty good.

>but I wish there would have been slightly more attention given to the supporting squad characters.

Hasn't that been a constant problem for GiTS though. Hell at least this gave Borma some cool action flick moments.
>>
Oh shit, I didn't even know it came out over here.
>>
>>13512905
A week ago
>>
I like Major Maaya
>>
Nobody else was in the theater except me and two mates, so we smoked cones all the way through it.

Movie was pretty good, ending was pretty good.

needed more logicoma scenes, but whatevs.
>>
>>13512376
Shit
>>
>>13512376
It was literally just an extension of Arise part 5. Not an original movie at all.
>>
>>13512376
I saw it and really liked it.
>>13512811
>forced tribute.
I agree, but it was just corny enough that I didn't mind.
I didn't think the ending was rushed, it was just unexpected considering Kurutsu was 'supposed' to be dead.
>>13513860
She sounds like Mary McGlynn speaking Japanese which is good
>>13514475
That was the point.
>>
>>13512905
me either. shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
>>
>>13514689
>it was just unexpected considering Kurutsu was 'supposed' to be dead.

I actually thought they did that little twist really well
>>
>>13515812
As did I.
>>
>>13512376
It was fun. Didn't feel like a conclusion to firestarter, but it was a cool movie.
>>
>>13515941

well Firestarter was more a means to an end
>>
GitS hasn't been good for a while, this is no exception
>>
>>13514057
>Nobody else was in the theater except me and two mates, so we smoked cones all the way through it.

Great, now even the disgusting aussies have infected /m/.
>>
>>13512842
What the fuck does Borma even do? He's just a fatass bald Batou who looks at viruses all day, unless there's a bomb.
>>
>>13518027

Borma is a talented and valued member of this squad
>>
>>13518044
>Everyone else is new designs because they're younger or some shit
>Borma is the exact same
I would laugh if his VA was the same too.
>>
>>13518051

Ishikawa's still pretty beardy
>>
>>13518090
He has like a fivehead though, and a big nose.
>>
So how's the new dub cast? I've only seen Arise subbed so far.
>>
>>13518124
Very jarring. Everyone's voice is different, and the Major voicing Kurtz is weird. Really weird.
>>
>>13518130
>and the Major voicing Kurtz is weird. Really weird.

I thought that was nice though giving how she was basically the Majors Major
>>
>>13518240
It's appropriate, but it's like watching the next James Bond movie and suddenly Daniel Craig is M or playing Halo 6 where the main character is now Locke and suddenly the Master Chief's VA is the the Didact.
>>
>>13518271

wouldn't it be closer to Sean Connery combing back to play an elder agent slash villain
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.