[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Megabot team's shilling seems to be working. Big money and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: htllsblbjk1tmiz9fscg.jpg (656 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
htllsblbjk1tmiz9fscg.jpg
656 KB, 1600x900
Megabot team's shilling seems to be working. Big money and talent is being attracted to this project. I fear for what will eventually come of it. It'd be a shame if it ends up being a one sided battle where Kuratas is drowned in money.
>>
Almost forgot, but here's the link to the article.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/robot-fight-japan-us-megabots-kuratas-1.3320843
>>
you won't get real proper walking robot legs without loadsa money.
>>
Megabot is such an ugly piece of shit. And that name... Jesus Christ
>>
File: robot-duel-fighters.jpg (119 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
robot-duel-fighters.jpg
119 KB, 620x349
>>13511068
i wont forgive them if it doesn't look cool. because right now this is embarrassing
>>
If Kuratas gets rekt because money, well...that's usually how machine conflicts go. It'd deserve it.
>>
>claims they need money because their robot is a rusty pile of junk

>they painted the "rust" on to make it look cool

nigga you don't get to do that.
>>
Anyone else here like me and doubt this ever goes anywhere? I'm surprised this thing has lasted this long.
>>
>>13511099
The Kuratas has already had a shit-ton of money put in, multiple orders filled, and at a million a piece at minimum. They already have displayed the ability to develop relatively advanced avionics and control systems. Developing the version for the fight is a simple matter of uprating the actuators.

Megaboys is starting literally from nothing and begging for help. They have a half functioning hull testbed with manual cylinder controls and no FCS or optics.
>>
>>13511068
The Megabots team and the robot was also in a Taco Bell commercial. Saw it several times at family's house.
>>
>>13511117
Me.
>>
Why not just strap a LAW or four to Big Dog and tell it to go for the legs?
>>
Has anyone actually bought a Kurata?
I mean there are no videos or even pictures of the thing being active between it's major mass-media introduction and the Challenge acceptance, as well as after said acceptance.
It basically didn't exit during those periods.

Not to mention no updates on the official page or facebook page.
Does it even exist?
>>
>>13511149
So Imperium(Japan) vs Orks(Megaboys)?
>>
>>13511068

I hope the Kuratas wins just because it appears to have dedicated punch arms with guns strapped to the side, which is preferable, at least to me in an OG machine as compared to the Megabot's strategy of hot swappable arms, including one fist. It looks better too, by a long way.

Even if one side stomps the other though I doubt it'll matter. If it gets to the point where they actually fight and one side curb stomps the other then it'll just motivate them to go back to the drawing board and come back a few months later, hopefully in a Rocky like underdog story. And everybody loves those.
>>
>>13511261
Kuratas is clearly a Tau battlesuit.
>>
>>13511242
It's a lot more popular in Japan.
https://youtu.be/wWE9XQ4fK_c
>>
>>13511068
I want Kuratas to win because A) Megabot looks like fucking shit and B) their team is a bunch of conniving faggots.

Megabot team has been swiping money left and right and I have no respect for either that or their taste in robots. Any real American would support Kuratas.
>>
>>13511644
Weren't they supposed to be putting that money towards the treads and fists.
>>
>>13511068
>It'd be a shame if it ends up being a one sided battle where Kuratas is drowned in money.
Thats the whole fucking point of doing this. Kurata was having trouble raising money so the americans made a clunky toy to build up hype this way. way to be dumb
>>
>>13511852
What's this? Amerikajins beating Japan at their own game of selling cheap toys to raise money?
>>
>>13511068
The one on the left looks really fucking ugly. Why did they give it fake rust?
>>
>>13512871

Because 'murica.
>>
>>13511686
Who cares? I'm miffed because they beg the public for money. Whatever they use it for I'll never respect them, regardless.
>>
>>13511068

>Megabot is literally a backyard tankette that can raise its turret

Don't know about you guys, but I ask myself that question everytime this thread comes up.

So... what happened to Mk. I?
>>
>>13511078

They don't have bipedal lags.
>>
>>13512871
>the left
>>
>>13511531
>Windows

Wait, so Windows is funding the Kurata?

Lol, at least good to know Gates has good taste. I mean, of course.
>>
>Megabot is improved noticeably before the fight
>fight starts, Megabot has the advantage
>Kuratas gets backed into a corner, it looks like it's all over.
>suddenly, the Kuratas pilot can hear his dead grandfather telling him to never give up
>he pulls the Kuratas Blade out of the robot's chest
>Kuratas slices Megabot in half, the top part slowly sliding off while Kuratas strikes a pose
>>
File: loadsamoney.jpg (54 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
loadsamoney.jpg
54 KB, 800x533
>>13513126

Not without huge piles of dosh they don't.
>>
>>13513156
you're forgetting that there needs to be a companion bot that kuratas combines with before his final attack.
>>
>>13513283
WHOP WHOP SHOOM SHOOM WHALLOP DOSH
>>
>>13511068
It's shit
>>
File: museru.jpg (106 KB, 870x490) Image search: [Google]
museru.jpg
106 KB, 870x490
>>13513156
>Megabot is wrecking shit
>Kuratas is barely functioning at this point
>Kuratas pilot pops out of cockpit and fires a few rounds from trusty pistol
>disables the Megabot's weapon systems and treads
>moves back in with the Kuratas to deliver a final blow with a simple piston-powered punch
It's like you don't even know that the Kuratas is basically an Armored Trooper.
>>
I'm willing to bet they never even fight, just compete against each other in contests
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.