[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mech games are at their finest when they're not obsessing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Steel Strider.png (501 KB, 400x526) Image search: [Google]
Steel Strider.png
501 KB, 400x526
Mech games are at their finest when they're not obsessing over anime teens, or pretentious storytelling, or overdesigned spiky neon glowing trash heap robots, orany kind of cinematics whatsoever.

True or false?
>>
>>13508969
>no overdesigned spiky neon glowing trash heap robots
>no cinematics
Fuck that. I need Clusterfuckodeus in my life.
>>
actually yes

compare ACE 2&3 with ACE:R
>>
>>13508969
But I liked Astebreed.
>>
>>13509000
R's problem was that it changed a lot of shit gameplay wise and it did not work at all.
>>
>>13508991
>>13509014

Remember the meme they push on /tv/, fellas.

>"Brevity is the soul of wit".

If you can emote that your character feels anger, or determined, or sadness, WITHOUT the need to have them shouting in a 40 minute Dragonball Z style vocal session, then you've gone a good job.
>>
>>13509443
As the one talking about Astebreed, I was just joking, mostly about the overdesigned spiky neon stuff. It doesn't really fit anything else on there other than maybe the anime teens.

I actually really liked that its story (disregarding the background infodumps that you can only access after beating the game the first time) was simple, succinct, and enjoyable enough for being entirely conveyed through dialogue during gameplay/very short cutscenes between gameplay transitions and through things as subtle as enemy names despite most of the focus being on the bullet hell elements.
>>
>>13509443
>"Brevity is the soul of wit".
>/tv/ meme
Best be trolling.
>>
>>13508969
That applies to all games senpai
>>
I like games that let me create a pilot
>>
I like games that let me build or customize my mech
>>
>>13510382
>>13510165
>There's no game with both
Why live?
>>
>>13510165
>>13510382
>>13510396

>Dark Souls lets you customize your character
>Armored Core lets you customize your mech
>From hasn't put these two together yet

INSTANT MONEY
>>
>>13508969
I also enjoyed Gotcha Force OP
>>
>>13508969
Bangai-O has no story at all beyond the first game (which is pretty much an excuse to blow up everything anyway). Heck, the third game has no teens, just an instructor.

Honestly, I did enjoy the teens, they're fun characters in that series.

>>13512110
They'll need to put their brain cells together long enough first.
>>
>>13508969
Did you just have a stroke?
>>
>>13512110
>ever seeing the pilot
In AC your mech IS your character.

The "you died like a scrub but have a jetpack and take pictures" thing in ACV doesn't count because you're microscopic.
>>
>>13508969
There is no better /m/ game than Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries.

fite me irl
>>
>>13512252
Say that to me in Solaris VII mother fucker not to my face, see what happens.
>>
>>13512124
Holy fuck, someone besides me played Gotcha Force??
>>
>>13512252
Mechwarrior 3's voice actors alone made it better.
>>
>>13512478
Duncan Fisher here, live from you being a faggot.
>>
>>13512491
It is the 31st century and you are still a faggot.
>>
>>13512337
Yes. People tend to mention it fairly commonly around here.
>>
>>13512723

That game is so much fun when you're a lower levels.

When it's a seriously neat thing to have your first fortress or a rare bot, it really promotes an nostalgic "I got a rare POG/Foil/Pokemon" feeling.
>>
>>13508969
False
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.