[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comet Lucifer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
Seven episodes in and these characters are still flimsier than wet paper, and the show has given us no reason to care about whatever is going on. Plus, Moura is always getting is ass whooped.

Anyone still watching this shit?
>>
I am watching it because it is a mecha original anime.

Moura getting its ass kicked by a bunch of real types is probably one of the best parts of the show.

A veteran grunt soldier in a suped up real type mecha is kicking the ass of a magical mecha even after it got up graded.
>>
>>13508910
Eh,I don't actively HATE anyone save for the three fucktards that chase mecha scooby and the gang.

The show is just...happening so far. Has a lot of affable likeable characters and a mech and a quasi futuristic/alt timeline thing going on. Too bad they actually failed to think up a plot outside of capturing magicloli.
>>
>>13508984

>Too bad they actually failed to think up a plot outside of capturing magicloli.

Something will happen soon...maybe.
>>
>>13508910
Roman and the enemy mechs are the only things keeping me watching.
>>
Man turning into an angel bot was such a downgrade nigga keeps jobbing
>>
I only saw the first 2 episodes. Is there any reason to pick it back up?
>>
>>13510548
Unless you wanna see the loli magically grow boobs, no.
>>
>>13510601
Does she get any less mentally juvenile?
>>
>>13510660
Yes
>>
>>13510660
Yes. She talks like a person now.
>>
I think the only reason I'm still watching it is because I wanna see how these two end up and because it's free.
>>
>>13510601
Dropped.
>>
>>13510700
Fuck yeah.

He really is the best part of the show.
>>
File: leona what.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
leona what.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>13510700
Like of course he was a soldier, but I was rooting for the two of them to get together.

Then this episode happened and I'm dumbstruck
>>
>>13508910
>Seven episodes in and these characters are still flimsier than wet paper, and the show has given us no reason to care about whatever is going on
So just like IBO?
>>
>>13511176

When they revealed that she was Agent Honeybee last episode, I was like noooooooo
>>
>>13508910
I was kind of interested at first because the main mech was a top heavy gorilla motherfucker, almost like a bulkier hygoog

then i just kind of forgot about it after the first episode
>>
>>13508982
There is certainly some satisfaction in that. Unfortunately, I can't really take it seriously because the voice makes me expect lines from the Enact vs Exia fight.
>>
>>13510700
I like Roman, Domon, and seeing Jamon getting it's assed kicked.
>>
>>13508910
No
>>
File: 1419772073410.gif (784 KB, 384x211) Image search: [Google]
1419772073410.gif
784 KB, 384x211
>>13508910
>Anyone still watching this shit?
>still

I wasn't watching it to begin with.

This isn't the genre I remember from yesteryear.
>>
>>13514499
>godannar
>yesteryear
>>
>>13514074

>I like Roman

Do you want to marry him?
>>
>>13510116
Gorilla bot was actually interesting and had the potential for fun looking fights. Hell the robots not looking humanoid in the first ep and that the robot was a snake rock gave me hope that it would all be filled with vaguely animal themed mecha with human shaped one's being rare.

Was also hoping the angel bot would be some kind of terrifying end game monstrosity that happens after the boy merged with the gorilla bot.
>>
>>13514594
All relative, though it is funny to say Godannar is from yesteryear when it's 11 years old
>>
>>13511176
>>13513366
Well he himself said nobody would marry him
>>
File: 1447594836261.jpg (158 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447594836261.jpg
158 KB, 1920x1080
>>13516704
I tried confessing to him but he made this face.
>>
I FEEL GOOD
I KNEW THAT I WOULD
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTul6ISuNCg

Second ED is pretty good, deserves a way better show.
>>
Don't remember if it was here or in /a/ but someone mentioned how this looks like one of those adventure anime from the 90's but without the 50 episodes to do the random filler stuff. They don't have much time so it feels weird - a problem series like Eureka 7 didn't have.
I like both aspects of the show (comfy/comedy and mecha/action) but it seems weird when the serious stuff happens out of nowhere. It's not a bad series but... it's missing something
>>
>>13518758
I think liking the series or not is a matter of opinion, but you have to be fucking kidding me if you think this thing is "not bad"

>Characters are flat as fuck and don't have any motivation or whatsoever and whenever they talk is just thinly veiled exposition
>The plot feels aimless and it doesn't decide if it wants to be a serious show, a comedy or an adventure one.

Those two are enough to make the show bad, but it has more flaws.
>>
>>13518795
Not him, but
>being a plotfag
>muh characters
There's a whole lot more to a show than just those two elements.

Decent to great action animation, relatively minimal QUALITY, interesting setting, fantastic sound design, good soundtrack.

It's not great, maybe not even good, but it's a damn far sight from bad.
>>
>>13518804
If a story doesn't have good characters or a plot, why the hell should anyone bother with it? Sound design and a great OST? I can just download the OST. Action scenes? I can search for them on whatever place people upload those things these days. The setting is generic as fuck it's your typical "not earth but totally earth-like" world. The animation is good, though I can give you that much.

So, yeah is freaking bad.
>>
I like the characters. Also saying that they have no motivations seems like a meritless accusation. Of the three mains, only the former loli doesn't seem to have only goals or motivations. Sure Sogo's and Kaon's are cliche, and a bit flimsy, but they aren't devoid motivations or development like it's claimed. It's like the people claiming show has no world building, when it's been dropping hints, and setting things up since the first episode.

Tons of the complaints I'll agree with like the horrible pacing, the inconsistent tone, and drawn out plot, etc.

But I also feel people are exaggerating some of the faults, or flat out making up new ones to engage in /m/'s favorite past time of just shitting on shows for the sake of it.

Comet lucifer is shaping up to be a mediocre, forgettable show, but I wouldn't call it flat out horrible or bad, because that's a distinction the show doesn't deserve, and makes it sound more remarkable than it really is. It's a very "safe" show that doesn't take any risks, doesn't try to do anything special and doesn't stand out in any way. Even shows like MJP and Buddy Complex, which I also felt emulated nineties shows had some aspects that broke the monotony. Comet Lucifer is just, there.
>>
>>13519000
You have 12 episodes, if in 5 episodes you haven't established your characters beyond one freaking sentence, people will call you out on it. I agree in that calling the show "horrible" is going too far, but by no means it means that it isn't bad.

Buddy Complex and MJP were mediocre shows with slights slivers of brilliance here and there, that's why they stood out here. So far there's nothing in Comet Lucifer that can even emulate even that, arguably, low standard.
>>
Oh please, now everyone's reversing their "mediocre is the new good!" opinion?

I thought you people couldn't get enough of that generic wow it's fucking nothing shit, what's the matter now?
>>
>>13519015
but that's what I'm saying. That Comet Lucifer is a mediocre show, without slivers of brilliance. It's just plain mediocre.
>>
>>13519017
>/m/
>not flip flop central
/m/ changes opinions faster than the Zeta changes pilots
>>
>>13519069
I have no idea what he's fucking talking about to be honest. /m/ generally has no idea what mediocre is. Just as they have no idea what "decent", "average", "above average", "below average", "good", etc are.

/m/'s quality scale has a 1 on it, and a 10 on it, with no numbers in between. Something is either greatest shit ever, or the worst shit ever. With nothing in-between.

Even with the rare cases you get someone going
>this show isn't bad, it's just mediocre
you immediately get someone charging in going
>no fuck you, it's bad

Hell, that's happening in this very thread.
>>
>>13518804
>fantastic sound design
Are you kidding me? The sound design is by far the worst thing about this show. The characters aren't even that bad in comparison.
>>
I've been "about to drop it" for a while now, this episode was finally so utterly uneventful and without promise that I can do so unreservedly.
>>
>>13519096
That's applicable to 4chan as a whole.
>>
>>13519231
There's definitely a lot of use the POOWWWWW sound where it doesn't even fit.
>>
This man and his pot of honey bee stew is the only reason I'm still watching.
>>
>>13519338
My most disliked thing about the sound design is the sound rocks make.
It's so unfitting and rarely corresponds to what's actually happening.
>>13519352
I'm really watching for him, Gus, the most flamboyant man in the world and his shota Hans servant.
>>
>>13519352
I didn't pay attention to his scenes before this episode so I got confused when he became cool
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.