[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kamen Rider 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
Finally got to watch this. As a Faiz fan, it was a pleasant surprise, loved to se Kaido back, he's awesome. Wish they given Rider 4 a human form though. Also, how the fuck is he "4"? He was created in 2015! There's been like a 100 riders before him.
>>
He get to be #4 because he's an asshat, and because he was created by Shocker much like 1, 2, and now 3.

But yeah, it was a pretty great movie.
>>
>>13508661
>fucking lips
How is he supposed to get out of chains without a crusher?
>>
wait, so Takumi does die at the end of Faiz but he is revived? or was he talking about his first transformation into orphnoc wich was never addressed in the series? Him dying in this movie means he's not coming back?
>>
>>13508804
Takumi only had some number of months to live at the end of Faiz because becoming an Orphenoch without being completed by the King leaves you fucked up. By now he should be long dead.
>>
>>13508845
Yeah, I got that, but this movie implies he got revived after the end of Faiz somehow, right?
>>
>No Riderman to combat Rider 4
>Gackt decided not to come back

Fuckin gay.

Also he'll be back. There's always a Takumi out there. Plus Ghost is dealing with dead people so maybe in the next Super Hero Taisen with the next rider.
>>
>>13508894
Rider movies don't make sense. If you were to look at Ryuki, none of them should exist anymore, since either the Rider War never happened or all of them fucking died. Hell, by all rights Godai wouldn't exist in the same universe as the others since the writers didn't want his efforts to be in vain due to a new evil rising (which is why Agito was written the way it was).
>>
>>13508912
Sure. Now that you mention Ryuki, I would fucking love to have Shinji back.
>>
>>13508928
You and me both, pal.
>>
>>13508912
didn't the 13th rider special pretty much show that the world was going to reset even without nee-san's interferance?
>>
>>13508912
The Ryuki situation is just because we never actually got returning Ryuki actors aside from some quick in-suit cameos. When we get one with an actual role they'll probably give some excuse for it.
>>
>>13509043
Speaking of insuit cameos, other than being Shocker pawns, did the Blade riders say or do anything new/unique?

Like about Kenzaki's situation or some shit.
>>
>>13509021
I thought the intent was that the interference saved the day because time was starting to come apart at the seams from all the resets, and Kanzaki finally giving up fixed everything.
>>
>>13509059
Do you mean in SHT GP? The events mostly take place in an alternate timeline due to Shocker changing history.

It's mentioned that Blade and Garren are part of a team researching Undeads, but It didn't sound like something something similar to the end of Blade had happened in that timeline.
>>
>>13508950
Ryuki had the best gear, but the shittiest outfit.
>>
>>13509078
Then in all likelihood its probably their Shocker version of the Blade plot.
>>
>>13508661
Got a link to the sub file?
>>
>>13508845
Takumi is in Heisei Rider vs. Shouwa Rider movie too.
>>
File: NUMBER_THEORY_CONFIRMED.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NUMBER_THEORY_CONFIRMED.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
>>13508894
Takumi's death at the end of faiz was kept quite ambiguous for the longest time.

Like >>13510979 says, Takumi shows up in the Heisei vs Showa movie without much explanation if he survived.

I guess the KR4 series confirms that he DID die but it doesn't explain how he was revived

But I guess they needed to kill him off in KR4 so that he can return as a ghost in the Kamen Rider show about ghosts
>>
>>13511028
Maybe he was simply one of the few actors willing to come back.
>>
>>13510954
It's only been subbed by tvnihon so no, they don't release their subs as separate files.
>>
>>13511161
>TVNihon
Where are OL and OT when you need them?
>>
>>13511051
Or the entire production are secretly Takumi fanboys.
>>
>>13508661

>Dat filename
>[T-N]

>Watching kisamatachi shitsubs.

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>13508845
>only had some number of months to live at the end
Take your dumb ass fan fiction back to the tv-n forums, asshat
>>
All this fucking head canon up in here.
The Takumi that dies is so AU that it hurts.
1. His Mari is completely different
2. His Makoto dies in a much different way
File this shit like the rest of your crap, on fanfiction.net
>>
>>13508894
Takumi was set to die some time after the end of Faiz. Then, he was subject to the time alteration machine which halted that process since he still wanted to live.

>>13508911
They could have just shown Kaido with the belt and not worry about that. But no.

>>13508912
>Hell, by all rights Godai wouldn't exist in the same universe as the others since the writers didn't want his efforts to be in vain due to a new evil rising (which is why Agito was written the way it was)
That was only for Agito and the intention to make it a Kuuga sequel, not every other show.

>>13511028
> Takumi shows up in the Heisei vs Showa movie without much explanation if he survived.
HvsS is not canon anyways

>I guess the KR4 series confirms that he DID die but it doesn't explain how he was revived
It does

>>13511172
Don't worry, acording to /krg/ they are releasing it soon with "soon" meaning "anytime before the end of century".
>>
>>13511482
His vision was all blurry in the end and the belts have been proven in series to run on Orphnoch DNA to depletion. The Faiz belt is no exception, and Takumi was going to die soon.

Trying to deny this is headcanon.
>>
>>13514215
>HvsS is not canon anyways
And other movies are? Havin' a giraffe, m8?
>>
>>13514374
>And other movies are?
Yes. Such as this one, which is refered to in the Drive tv show.
>>
File: Futo Tower.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Futo Tower.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>13508796
With his super powerful robot arms. Dude's supposed to be an evil robot riff on Riderman, don't begrudge him his metal lips.
>>13514374
At the very least Taisen GP along with Drive X Ninninger and Kamen Rider 4 by extension are canon in Drive. Drive referenced all three of its movies before and afterward, either through namedrops, direct lead-ins, or Rinna's convenient meticulously kept checklist.

Also Gaim X Drive Movie War foreshadowed the W connection almost a full year before Accel's part in Drive Saga was announced.
>>
>>13515064
>At the very least Taisen GP along with Drive X Ninninger and Kamen Rider 4 by extension are canon in Drive
>in Drive

They are canon, that's it.
>>
>>13511435
fuck you there is no other version. If there was I wouldnt be watching this shit.
>>13514215
It is. Toei confirmed.
>>
>>13515568
>It is. Toei confirmed.
Where?
>>
>>13514221
>thinks open-ended means 'make up ur own ending'
You need to actually pay attention. Orphenoch's cellular degeneration is first and foremost something that happens to ALL orphenochs, so pretending Takumi had some sorta unique snowflake syndrome where you can assume more than you need. The belts caused an extreme form of the cell degen that orphenochs get when going between human/orphenoch states.
Literally every orphenoch has cell degen, like how every human does (growth is the 'nice' side of degeneration, but it's the same coin).
The ending is reminiscent of the classic b&w movie "black rain", where men exposed to heavy radiation from fat man/little boy were forced to retire and spend the rest of their lives fishing because their bodies would very literally fall apart if they over exerted themselves.
Basically, the Faiz belt shortened an near unlimited lifespan to roughly about 5-15%, which is probably about a human's length.
>>
>>13516309
>You need to actually pay attention.
>proceeds to literally take information out of his ass
how about some sources friendo
>>
>>13516350
Actually watch series before you reply, friend-o, because just saying "nuh-uh" with no back up info just makes it look like you're grasping, which you are.
>>
>>13514215
Look, if crux of your argument is the fact the original actor reprised the role, then of course you'll argue the original actor playing an AU version is "non-canon", but, and this is a big but, canon is reconciling all the info, not just the stuff that supports your argument.
The obviously tell of "head-canon" is when you have to ignore something for it to work.
That's Canon 101.
>Drive X Ninninger
It's so silly that people still bring this up. They literally tell you in the movie that the "time machine" isn't fully operation during the entirety of the program, and that it's a residual effect.
Though, it does illustrate what it does: create dimensions.
>d1 to d2: beginning of GP
>d2 to d3: end of GP
>d2 to d4: "time machine-split" beginning of R4
>d3 to d4: beginning of R4
>d4 to d1: end of R4
Shouldn't be that confusing, they gave a visual signal every time they jumped dimensions.

>but the montage
This is the weakest point, and only tricks newbs who aren't familiar with v-cinema(R4 was netm, but definitely had vcinema budget[still very low tho]).
With a budget so low that you have to either hang "buddies" from very visible string or (laughably) on top of a stick, you can't deny the budget issue. Hell, Drive is moving his hand off screen to grab his car-buddies because they didn't even have the budget to get them there otherwise.
>>
>>13515568
>fuck you there is no other version.

There's always raw. I'd rather watch anything raw to takenoko's shit excuse for subtitles.
>>
>>13516412
Where on the series did they give an estimate on his remaining lifespan? If you can't answer this, gg but your trolling isn't going far.
>>
>>13516426
If you want to impress the other new-fags, you should go back to the general.
>>
>>13516440
Haha, that's it? 5-15% is considered generally as critical health, which was your point anyway. Man, you're really desperate, huh. And that's a low-ball estimate cuz yeah, they never give an estimate. I was actually giving you guy's theory the benefit of doubt, my mistake.
You've gotta be pretty delusional if you can't see how that's double-edged. It can mean he'll live a hundred years or 10 secs.

Everything else is revealed initially when SMARTbrain tells Kiba that their main priority is fighting the cell degen.
>>
>>13516486
Alright, you just proved you're talking out of your ass. Pick a better topic next time.
>>
File: terms.png (214 KB, 1348x3162) Image search: [Google]
terms.png
214 KB, 1348x3162
>>13516417
>Look, if crux of your argument is the fact the original actor reprised the role, then of course you'll argue the original actor playing an AU version is "non-canon", but, and this is a big but, canon is reconciling all the info, not just the stuff that supports your argument.
Except that's not what my argument is about at all, having the original actor or not doesnt matter here. Taisen movies are never canon, that's why we make suck a big deal out of GP. Showa vs Heisei is later contradicted by Toqger vs Kyoryuger so it only proves the obvious.

>The obviously tell of "head-canon" is when you have to ignore something for it to work.
Agree. Doesnt apply here tho.

>That's Canon 101.
Odd you say this because you dont seem to understand what canon is. I happening in alternate timelines or dimensions doesnt necesairily mean its not canon. And the roidmudes there count for the total roidmude count so it is referenced within the tv show which is unarguably canon.

>but the montage
I dont really get what your point is here.
>>
Does Go's 'death' in GP gets addressed in any moment of this movie?
>>
>>13516877
A fuckton of times and is a plot point.
>>
>>13511028
Man Takumi looks weird without his floof hair
>>
>>13508950
>>13508928
He (and Ren too I think) bothers to come back to voice his character in video games so it's not completely impossible.
>>
>>13516877
The whole reason he died at the end of the movie was to set this shit up.
>>
Does Rider 4 get a cool song like Rider 3?
>>
>>13517047
yes
>>
>>13516417
>Showa vs Heisei is later contradicted by Toqger vs Kyoryuger so it only proves the obvious.

Toqger vs Kyoryuger pretty much ignored all past crossover appearances of the Toqger, not only Heisei vs Showa. It also ignored their appearance at the end of Kyoryuger vs Go-Busters with all the talk about them having never faced something besides the Shadow Line.

Stuff introduced in Heisei vs Showa, like X releasing an energy X as a projectile and Riderman's Machine Gun Arm reappear in GP. Also, Heisei vs Showa being non canon would mean that the Great Leader should still be running around as Badan's leader, rather than leading Shocker remnants again, since Badan was never destroyed outside of Heisei vs Showa.
>>
>>13517137
>Toqger vs Kyoryuger pretty much ignored all past crossover appearances of the Toqger, not only Heisei vs Showa. It also ignored their appearance at the end of Kyoryuger vs Go-Busters with all the talk about them having never faced something besides the Shadow Line.
That's just a throwaway line though, and its only ignores ONE monster the Toqgers defeated without much effort.

>Stuff introduced in Heisei vs Showa, like X releasing an energy X as a projectile and Riderman's Machine Gun Arm reappear in GP.
So?

> Also, Heisei vs Showa being non canon would mean that the Great Leader should still be running around as Badan's leader, rather than leading Shocker remnants again, since Badan was never destroyed outside of Heisei vs Showa.
The Great Leader has always been inconsistent as fuck and he was killed in KR4 so both Shocker renmants and Badan are defeated(or at least their leader is) till if and when they decide to bring those back.
>>
File: Yongou.webm (2 MB, 712x400) Image search: [Google]
Yongou.webm
2 MB, 712x400
>>13517047
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-IhJBR_uAI
>>
>>13517629
>Gaim X Drive Movie War
Wait... Never mind. I can't read.
>>
>>13515064
>Accel's part in Drive Saga
Huh? Accel in Drive? When did this happen?
>>
>>13518148
They announced two weeks ago at the most that he's gonna be in Drive Saga Chaser. He's in Drive's city looking for a Roidmude that uses Gaia Memories.
>>
>>13520078
Groovy. That's the crossover that I always wanted to happen in Drive, hopefully it's not too insignificant a cameo.
>>
>>13520325
he seems to have a big part in this, there's pictures of the actual actor coming back.
>>
>>13520869
Yeah, but you could have said the same for the Den-O/Kiva crossover before it came out. Crossover screentime never satisfies expectations, more often than not it's something thrown in at the last minute, anyway.
>>
>>13520869
>>13520923

Yeah, we've technically only seen Terui and Accel so far in the same grass field set. So, it could still be a fairly brief appearance - although the plot summary seems to be mention Tomari meeting him fairly early in the movie, before the Roidmude battle.
>>
File: Kamen.Rider.X.full.1162618.jpg (636 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
Kamen.Rider.X.full.1162618.jpg
636 KB, 1200x900
I always think its interesting that X has a weird significance in the crossovers
>>
>>13520947
Sounds to me like spot on elements for the old early short cameo followed by a short team up fight later on formula.

Hype quickly dying.
>>
>>13520971
What are you talking about? In Yongou? Because I only found him significant in Heisei vs Showa.
>>
>>13520971
>X has a weird significance in the crossovers
no he fucking doesn't. He was just important in HvS because the actor was back
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.