[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Statue of Liberty really a super robot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 13
File: FB_IMG_1447599023150.jpg (49 KB, 720x543) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447599023150.jpg
49 KB, 720x543
Is the Statue of Liberty really a super robot?
>>
>>13505993
No.
>>
>>13505993
No it's a Hero Robot.
I know because my drawing book said so.
>>
No, its a magic type, haven't you seen Ghostbusters?
>>
No, it's real. Don't you see the gun?
>>
>>13505993
No it's a cannon. Haven't you seen G-Gundam?
>>
File: 73razHQ.jpg (216 KB, 1068x720) Image search: [Google]
73razHQ.jpg
216 KB, 1068x720
of course
>>
>>13506107

>w-whoah, I'm seeing double... FOUR statue of liberties?!
>>
>>13505993
Then Motherland statue in Volgograd and in Kiev are robots of superior technology.
>>
ISIS attacked France knowing they had the spare parts needed to restore Liberty to combat capability.
>>
>>13506107
Doesn't it have a third form after those two, also?
>>
File: GB2DSDrivingMissLibertySc00.png (647 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GB2DSDrivingMissLibertySc00.png
647 KB, 1280x720
of course
>>
>>13506354
>the spare part storage was under the stadium and they managed to destroy it
Those bastards!
>>
>>13505993

obviously there needs to be retaliation, but are we just going to send troops back to countries that we've just spent the last 5 years trying to leave?
>>
>>13505993
No one posted the G Gundam Statue of Liberty yet.
>>
>>13506481
Nah, that's France's job now.
>>
>>13506481
>obviously there needs to be retaliation, but are we just going to send troops back to countries that we've just spent the last 5 years trying to leave?
You missed the reference, the statue was built by the French, so obviously she would take it personally that HER homeland was attacked.
>>
File: witty filename.jpg (63 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
witty filename.jpg
63 KB, 720x576
>>13505993
She's a Kaiju (and a grumpy wife, to boot)
>>
>>13505993
No this national icon is just a container for the Shining Gundam. And is now made of stone.
Anyone got the webm or gif of Domon smashing out of the Statue of Liberty?
>>
Yep, real. She even holds a manual in her hand.

>>13506338
They have swords which can imply a fantasy setting.
>>
>>13506481
No Western country wants to commit ground troops against ISIS, the most we'll do is air strikes
>>
>>13506481
>obviously there needs to be retaliation

Isn't it a little suspicious that ISIS attacks everyone except for Israel?
>>
>>13506573
Oh his a big guy
>>
File: spices by culture.png (364 KB, 1650x1275) Image search: [Google]
spices by culture.png
364 KB, 1650x1275
>>13506481
No, but attacks like these actually help and further the position of most developed nations.

So here's how (Realpolitik) nations view the situation:
1) Syria is a proxy war between the US and Russia, as well as a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran. There's also lots of economic woes (though calling it a 'war' is misleading) between nations, particularly in the dichotomy between a quite (relatively) strong US economy and much of the rest of the world.

2) Both proxy wars relate to the distribution and pricing of oil, but not directly: the increase in US shale production in the last 5-10 years meant that the OPEC nations were losing market share. As a result Saudi Arabia refused to lower production, which last year caused the massive drop in WTI and Brent crude, even though it hurt their profits. Russia, meanwhile, is heavily dependent on crude exports and is hurting from low prices as well. Combine all of this with China's economic restructuring from an export economy to a domestic consumption one (which needs far less imports of natural resources, including oil), and you have a significant commodity market problem (this is also partially why Brazil's shitting itself constantly these days).

3) Add religion to the mix and you have a problem.

4) Russia does not want to give up its naval base in Tartus, Syria, which is its only Mediterranean repair and replenishment port, but at the same time knows from its very recent history in Chechnya that insurgency can really only be stamped out by brutally oppressing the region.

5) The US, meanwhile, does not want Russia to gain a greater foothold in the region, while also not wanting to commit on the ground (which would have a good deal of negative consequences in any case), so is left with terrible options: continue a proxy war that will breed further resentment and terrorists, or ignore a clear humanitarian crisis.

>cont.
>>
File: 1435561833778.jpg (214 KB, 959x742) Image search: [Google]
1435561833778.jpg
214 KB, 959x742
>>13506745
>cont.
6) ISIL attacks on non-proxy nations actually benefit the positions of those nations as they have diplomatic 'firepower', as it were, to come to an agreement, as they possibly have this weekend, on a transitional government. Remember, the response ISIL *wants* to engender, that is, a resurgence of a religious conflict, is exactly what ALL the non-proxy states want to avoid, even (or especially) if they're in conflict with one another.

That is, we can send drones to drop bombs on Al Nusra all day, and send fighters to 'liberate' Yemen or whatever, but all those dollars and lives wasted in conflict are secondary to the bigger conflict: nations positioning themselves against each other because, at the end of the day, there are finite resources in the world.

that's why technology and /m/-related topics are so important, as a 'force multiplier' to our ability to restructure the world to deal with ever more complex problems. We're actually getting fairly close to fusion power, friends. Maybe, just maybe, within our lifetimes.
>>
File: Superbook-Classic.jpg (50 KB, 533x400) Image search: [Google]
Superbook-Classic.jpg
50 KB, 533x400
>>13506745
>>13506773

are you a robot Chomsky ?
>>
>>13506481
>but are we just going to send troops back to countries that we've just spent the last 5 years trying to leave?

Dat US presence in Syria was massive, yes. Just like your mum's ass.
>>
>>13506799
>thinking robots would believe that self-organizing confederations of unions are a solution to capitalist tendencies

Chomsky's weird, man.I wish I had tenor at MIT
>>
File: 8072523518_f907b1fc7d.jpg (126 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
8072523518_f907b1fc7d.jpg
126 KB, 500x375
I never see Microman posted here but they are totally /m/ related. Specifically to this thread too.
>>
>>13506822
Wouldn't Robots just real.-time micromanage everything at frequencies below 0,005 seconds in the style of computer-aided microtrading?
>>
>>13506822
Golden rule with Chomsky is to never pay attention to anything he says that isn't about grammar.
>>
>>13506914
He isn't incorrect insofar as for Russia the naval base is the main reason why they care, with the second reason being that Putin needs somewhere relevant to dick around after he failed to conquer the Ukraine on the cheap.
>>
You didn't know about it's finisher?
>>
File: angelstakemanhattan.jpg (39 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
angelstakemanhattan.jpg
39 KB, 460x300
>>13506976
Shhhh. Don't give it away, you'll make her mad.
>>
Is Christ the Redeemer also a robot?
>>
>>13507332
Nah.
The Spring Temple Buddha on the other hand is.
>>
>>13506005
>>13506404

Fuck, now Higher and Higher is stuck in my head
>>
>>13506693

Maybe because if they did Israel would probably nuke them since ISIS isn't on soil they're interested in.
>>
File: Eretz Israel.jpg (73 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
Eretz Israel.jpg
73 KB, 600x420
>>13507362
>ISIS isn't on soil they're interested in.
orly?
>>
>>13506481
Glassing the desert remains the cleanest option to resolve this.
>>
>>13507396
Or, you know, carpet-napalming the cities they control. They might be able to survive bombs, let's see them survive skin-melting heat and zero oxygen.

Also, it'll clear the debris so, should they come back somehow, there'll be no urban combat.
>>
File: statue of m.jpg (55 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
statue of m.jpg
55 KB, 400x300
>>13505993
Yes
>>
>>13507396
But I don't want to kill VF-Kun. He lives in Kuwait
>>
>>13507435
well. unless he pulls torkaizer out again, I think he could use a bomb on his head... or two.
>>
which /m/ organization would have the easiest time defeating isis? why?
>>
>>13505993
DEMOCRACY IS NON-NEGOTIABLE!!!
>>
>>13507499
Celestial Being.

Gundams.
>>
>>13507499

Titans

Because they don't give a fuck, they would just genocide them.
>>
>>13506693

Israel gets terrorist attacks every day and their soldiers are also trained to shoot every woman and child who looks suspicious.
They probably shoot muslims at the slightiest sight of them reaching for their pockets.
>>
>>13507699
Titans didn't do shit to bug those Berber rebels in ZZ Gundam, though. And it's more than likely that they were trouble then too.
>>
I'm just being very naive here but:

The Gordian knot comes to mind here:
Wouldn't the US just solve all of their problems by simply attacking and conquering the Saudis?

I know that they used to be allies and it's just a stupid question, but wouldn't that give the US the greatest chance at energy control in the world?
And it's not like the Saudi have an army either.
>>
>>13507773
We don't like to give people hard proof of us being imperialistic pigs.
>>
>>13505993
When filled with mood slime and upbeat music is being played.
>>
>>13507773
>Wouldn't the US just solve all of their problems by simply attacking and conquering the Saudis?

Pretty sure the rest of the world would do something if the US openly tried to conquer another country, especially one with such a valuable resource. I'm also pretty sure UN members aren't supposed to practice imperialism.
>>
>>13507773
Well it would solve their current problems, you're right, but create a lot of new ones
>>
File: 6564390230104656.jpg (92 KB, 1280x633) Image search: [Google]
6564390230104656.jpg
92 KB, 1280x633
In Ninja Gaiden 2, it was more of a possessed Golem thing.
>>
>>13509438
What if we all buddy up and just raze sand countries down to the bedrock?
>>
>>13507773
The issue isn't really the conquering, it's the sticky situation that comes after. Imagine the shit spraying from the fan in trying to explain to the UN, EU, and AU that you've just annexed a sovereign nation (even if it's a shit one). And even if the Saudis were explicitly involved in funding these groups, they are also an ally of the US.

Russia and China wouldn't even stand for it enough to hear the speaker; in their eyes this course of action is a material boost to the US and a further extension of western influence. This would actually worsen the situation around the world over. US takes the first step and now every other nation with border troubles has free reign to move around because "shut up, they did it first already". Expect India vs Pakistan and Russia vs Ukraine to re-ignite, for starters. And that's just the starting fires.

Not to mention the home team support. US wants a fix to the situation, but the civilians would cry foul if said fix involved months of fighting, foreign assignments, and a massive financial investment. With all said and done for the past decade, the ME fighting has been little more than a slightly less-bloody version of the Vietnam War - and even that one point is debatable.

We all want to hope that the comments on newsites amount to little more that letting off steam, but I think some of those people weren't actually joking when they said "nuke/bomb the middle east". I have to admit, the offer of a clean slate at the push of buttons, instead of papers for troops and their accompanying materiel sent overseas, can be very attracting. Problem is, "quik-fix anything" mindset is a myth generated in the modern times, and it's here to stay.
>>
>>13505993
In ghostbusters
>>
>>13509897

Not to mention it means we laid siege to the country that has the holiest place on earth to a billion people. You think mudslimes hate us NOW?
>>
>>13505993
No
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.