[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /m/, I've got a specific itch to scratch and I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1267891003230.jpg (128 KB, 498x532) Image search: [Google]
1267891003230.jpg
128 KB, 498x532
Hey, /m/, I've got a specific itch to scratch and I was wondering if you guys know of anything like this.

Essentially, after watching 08th MS team, I now have a desire to play a game where you start as just a grunt piloting a grunt mech, something piddly, in which you stand no chance against a named character.

Similar to the Story-mode of Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends, where, if you see a named character, you pretty much have to run away or get slaughtered.

So, you steadily move your way up the ranks, getting to customise your mech, or get newer, better ones as you make a name for yourself. Honestly, I just love the idea of rampaging around the Battle of A-Baoa-Qu in a custom Gelgoog, reking some feddie shit.

Any games like that? Doesn't have to be Gundam related, just giant robot related.

(Pic somewhat related)
>>
Well there's Federation vs Zeon's campaign mode where named pilots are near unkillable and you work your way up to better units.

Encounters in Space where you create a pilot and build them up over the course of 10 Missions, you typically don't fight any named characters.

There's also some Gundam and I think even a Macross PSP game that allows for pilot creation, but none are in English except Assault Survive which has two English patches.
>>
>>13505982
Think Zeonic Front on the PS2 has what you're looking for. The only time you can really fight a Gundam and survive is the final boss, I think, and the guy is flat-out called an overconfident idiot who thinks the Mudrock Gundam is a Super from what I remember.
>>
Gundam:Target in Sight/Crossfire for PS3 has you starting in the shittiest of the shit MS and working your way up. You manage your resources to upgrade and buy new MS as well as recruit more pilots for your squad, to complete missions by certain dates. It's only on earth but you can play as either zeon or federation taking part in things like the battle of odessa and such. The game definitely gives you the feeling of being in a underpowered grunt mech that can get wrecked by a gundam. It is quite the enjoyable game and I'd heavily recommend looking into it.
>>
>>13506021
I heard that game was a buggy piece of crap? Is it not as bad as everyone made it out to be?
>>
>you will never make a qt pilot specializing in ranged combat
Why even live?
>>
The Macross PSP game let you make a pilot through a VN-like mode.

You can then throw said pilot into campaign mode, where your robot choice doesn't actually matter as long as you throw enough upgrade points into the robot, and with the exception of a few, pretty much every robot is a grunt.

Play campaign mode in chronological order if you want to do the whole "Getting better robots as you move on".
The VFs don't get good stock stats until you reach Plus and get the YF-19/21.
>>
>>13506058
I wanted to try it but something VN-like would require a lot of reading and its all in runes
>>
File: ULJS00321_00000.jpg (125 KB, 964x543) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00321_00000.jpg
125 KB, 964x543
>>13506068
Don't worry, its fucking nothing. Its not a VN, more of dating sim, I fucked up there, sorry.

Just roll with 3 choices everyday, then dump points into stats.

Unless you want to maximise your point acquiring, it doesn't really matter if you decide to date someone.
The dating sim part is easy as well.
Pick a character to date
Choose a date location from 3 choices, only 1 is the correct choice
If the dialogue next is voiced, then congrats, you got the correct dating location.

The dating you do there is kind of useful in campaign mode, if you like your operator/partner blushing at you and being tsundere at times.
>>
>>13506021
>>13506034
This is my honest recomendations as well. I've played through the entirety of the game at least 5 times now. It really gives you the feeling you said you wanted.

There is an issue with the framerate, however. My attitude on that is: if I can deal with it so can you. How badly do you want to be a grunt that dies in 3-maybe even 1 good hit? I recomend it. Also it had a BEST tier OST.
>>
>>13506145
https://youtu.be/VAzok2fW04w
>>
>>13506082
As long as there's a yuri route
>>
>>13506252
>Yuri route
Play a female character, and go on dates with females.

Did I mention that the OC characters are hilarious?

>Last date for Miyuki
>She didn't appear for the date
>Bro buddy in class calls you
>She got ill and collapsed and he brought her home
>The entire scene when you visit her at her house

>Yui's last date
>Picnic somewhere
>She fucking falls asleep while sitting up straight halfway through the picnic
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.