[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /m/ think of SD Gundam? Any chance we'll get some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Sd_gundam.png (153 KB, 325x400) Image search: [Google]
Sd_gundam.png
153 KB, 325x400
What does /m/ think of SD Gundam? Any chance we'll get some sort of DVD set from RightStuf as a result of this new deal?
>>
>>13502691
It seems really interesting and I'd like to get into it.
Fingers crossed.
>>
>>13502691
Generally fun, at least the older shorts and specials/movies. On a related note, a /m/odest /m/an is currently putting Gaiden's old subs on new raws.
>DVD set
Possibly, but Bandai can't distribute the Wacky Races parody nowadays.
>>
>>13502744
What is new raws? You got a link?
>>
>>13502691
captain gundam is top tier.
>>
>>13502691
>SD Gundam?
depends on the SD Gundam
the gag ovas? like them
the generic fantasy ovas? they're okay
SDGF? mostly shit but the zako-zako stuff is good
BBW? it's okay
>>
>>13502754
Basically, these: http://dimensionalarea.net/infrapink/[IP-RAW]SDGCB.htm
>>
>>13502691
JASTEECE FAIGHT ZA BRAVE REGEND is a great song.
>>
I love Gaiden, and to a lesser degree Sengokuden and Sangokuden

Everybody should check this out tbqh

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3rg-4KdwoVD2IMSAmNpU5UOK3dU8diJJ
>>
>>13502691
Brave Battle Warriors was a good time.
>>
>>13502691
I really liked the original SD Gundam shorts, especially the wacky races one and the one about Amuro, Kamille, and Judau operating beachfront hotels because it explains what Char is getting revenge for in CCA. The one with Knight Gundam and Satan Gundam was kinda cool, but I couldn't get into Superior Defender Gundam Force at all. Something about Captain Gundam's face just weirds me out, though the Zaku were pretty funny in the few episodes I watched. Seemed a little too "doozy-bots" for my taste.

And (unpopular opinion incoming) I really hate the fact that half the games for Gundam (including all of the SRW franchise) use the SD aesthetic because it just seems completely wrong for anything other than silly comedy.
>>
>>13502691
As in are they cute? Yes, especially zakus
The kits? Vary from nice enough to needs a lot of work to get looking right
The original shorts? Love them apart from the samurai ones which aren't funny outside that ninja episode
>>
>>13502744
Yeah, I have the first episode ready to go in fact.

Question is if I want to release it in a batch or not, since I've been lazy and haven't finished retiming the remaining three episodes.

Might do the other shorts in the series, too- at least the ones that actually have subtitles, since a handful were just skipped entirely. Only started with Gaiden because my fetish for fantasy mecha, and the fact it was in BX recently.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.