[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One will defend you with their life, the others will try to kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2
File: Survival.jpg (189 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Survival.jpg
189 KB, 900x600
One will defend you with their life, the others will try to kill you.
The challenge: get across New York City.

Also, due to an unstable gravitational fluctuation caused by Jupiter, our heroes (and villains) can't fly, only jump short distances.

All the champions have the first iterations of their gear and status as pilots. No 'Live Geass' on Suzaku, for example, and no s2 engine on Unit-01

Choose wisely.
>>
Sagara, without a doubt.

>expert in gerilla warfare
>powerful mech
>can hold his own without Arbalest
>would probably have the best plan to get across the city
>>
I'd go with Sousuke, he's basically biggu bossu
>>
I'd go with Eva. Wouldn't even worry about gunning anyone else down since it has a huge speed advantage thanks to its size, unless the VF-1 is still able to do its Gerwalk ground skating.
>>
>Can't fly
I guess I'll just speed hover across the city in Gerwalk with Hikaru.
>>
>>13501382
Pretty much this
>get in the Valk
>fly away
>>
If you don't pick Ghost Girl, you're doing it wrong. Not only is she toppless 85% of the time, but she can turn invisible, and probably stealth the city WAY better than anyone
>>
>>13501379
Yep, speed skating is still allowed.
>>13501382
Hovering implies no motion.
>>13501385
>fly away
No, read the OP.
>>
>>13501266
>only jump short distances.
What about Lancelot's landspinners?
>>
Doesn't the AT Field basically make this exercise pointless? Shinji could slow walk to the other end of the city and nothing any of the others has could touch him.
>>
>>13501389

Why even put Hikaru or any Macross unit in if you're not going to allow flight? Just replace it with something else that isn't primarily famous for being able to fly in the first place.
>>
>>13501392
It's been some time since I saw the first episode of Geass, but if they were attached in his first sortie, and I think they were, then yes.
>>13501397
I figured the cord getting unplugged/destroyed would be a sufficient liability.
>>
The Major. The Tachikoma is small enough to fit in the sewer system.
>>
>>13501266
>No 'Live Geass' on Suzaku
Why not, the Live Geass only made Suzaku willing to kill. The geass can't make someone do something they can't do normally, like fly or some shit.
>>
>>13501414
He would put his own life before yours.
>>
>>13501400
I was just trying to pick some iconic things.
He could still transform/boost/transform for short distances, he'd just get grounded
>>13501414
Was basing things off their first appearances. Also this >>13501418
>>
>>13501386
I picked Motoko.
>>13501419
>grounded
if he stayed in flight mode too long.
>>
The Major, easily. Stealthing to hide from the big robots wouldn't be much of a problem and the pilots pose no threat. EVA-01 would also presumably be running on a short battery life in NYC, so it's just a matter of time with it. Haven't watched Geass though so I can't comment on the fagboy in the lower right.

Sagara might be a challenge because in addition to having a giant robot he's also basically teenage Big Boss.
>>
>>13501419

> I was just trying to pick iconic things

And yet there's no Mazinger, which without the scrander cannot fly - unless Kouji detaches the pilder I guess.
>>
>>13501425
Motoko has a Tachikoma.

Unit-01 has it's cord, but it can be exploited. Pulled, cut etc. Also, the 5 v 1 element.

>>13501440
Blame Jupiter.
>>
>>13501266
>first iterations of their gear and status as pilots
Then it has to be the Major. I don't know the bottom left or bottom right guy, but Hikaru, Shinji, and Amuro were both completely unskilled in their first appearance. Hikaru emptied his entire gun pod into the first Regult he saw, Shinji went into a coma, Amuro was literally reading the manual mid-combat.

But Motoko was already a top level operator in her first appearance, and the Fuchikoma is pretty fast and all-terrain. Since the challenge doesn't involve defeating the others, just getting away, she shouldn't have trouble getting across NY (the city isn't really that wide, less than 60 miles no matter which way you go). She'd also have detailed maps of every possible path through the city and could even use the Fuchikoma as a decoy while we hoof it through some underground tunnel.

By comparison, Hikaru is only skilled at flying, and being grounded with a pilot that can barely walk means the Valk is easy pickings for either the Eva or Gundam.

Amuro is a very quick learner and walks with little trouble but has limited weaponry that couldn't possibly fend off the Eva.

Unit-1 is effectively indestructible after its AT Field spreads, but if it's Shinji's first sortee then that won't happen until he passes out. Also I wouldn't be able to be in the cockpit with him, and the idea of being "protected" by a berserk Eva with an unconscious pilot is just....
...I'll just walk with the Major.
>>
So, what's stopping Hikaru from using Gerwalk, and pointing the VF-1's legs towards the back as much as possible?

If anything, the no-flight restriction makes it harder for everyone else to hit the VF since Gerwalks combines the best of battroid with the best of fighter mode. It just doesn't have the raw speed that it gets in fighter mode, but he gets really good agility, gets more use out of his gatling gun than he would ever get in fighter mode since he can aim with the arms, and he gets to attack heli across the city.
>>
>>13501456
Nothing.
But bear in mind that there's no restriction prohibiting the enemies from cooperating, so Sagara or The Major could at least try and have a plan come together.
>>
>>13501266
EVA unit probably just run at full tilt and pray nothing breaks through the AT field
>>
>>13501470

I'm still of the mind that if the objective is just to get to the other side of the city, Unit 01 just flat out wins. It breaks the sound barrier running. I can't imagine that getting across NYC would exhaust it's battery limit if it was going full tilt.

Maybe it can't because it would have to carry you, and you'd wind up going splat if it accelerated too quickly, but the only other unit that could keep up would be the VF and that gun isn't going to scratch Unit 01.
>>
>>13501541

EVAmind
>>
>>13501456
You do still have the restriction of the battlefield being NYC, so you're looking at pretty narrow streets (compared to a VF) though the VF-1's gerwalk can nover up to around 300mph, meaning it would take less than 14 minutes to cross the city. The downside to that is that you'd be stuck doing that 30mph in pretty straight lines so if an enemy with firepower got a bead on you you're pretty much a fish in a barrel. The vulcans on the Gundam are 60mm, compared to the 55mm GU-11 gun pod which is shown to destroy a VF-1 rather quickly in Roy's suicide attack during DYRL. Not to mention the Gundam's beam rifle.
>>
>>13501544
>It breaks the sound barrier running
Not in its first appearance, no. It fell on its face after one hit and got its skull cracked until its pilot passed out.
OP's post plainly states both pilot and mech are at their first-appearance level which means Shinji has to concentrate on walking.
>>
>>13501567
>after one hit
*after one step
>>
>>13501562
>beam rifle
First appearance
He only has 2 sabres and a few seconds of vulcans
>>
>>13501571
This is true, but the Gundam has three times as many 60mm shells in those Vulcans as the Valk has 55mm shells. Roy suicided with those 55mm shells and blew up his own Valk, but every grunt MS in Gundam laughs off those 60mm shells. The Zaku's 120mm shells just bounce harmlessly off the Gundam.
>>
>>13501266
If the Eva was allowed to do literally anything at all, it would win this no contest due to its size, speed, and defenses.

Unfortunately, the wording of OPs post turns it into magicarp, because the only thing it is allowed to do is comically fall over.
>>
Suzaku, since none of the others can fly he's got the best speed and mobility on the ground not to mention he's got a map of the city built into his mech all the way down to the subway systems.
Hikaru not being able to fly makes him a joke, he was extremely skilled at flying and that's it.
The Major is fairly dangerous because she could hack the Lancelot if she got close but she could never catch us.
Shinji is probably the most dangerous of them all, he's faster than the Lancelot and can just destroy his way through NYC but he's got a short 2 minute time limit and Suzaku has mad dodging and could lose him in tunnels or the subway.
I've never watched Full Metal Panic so this guy might rape our asses or do nothing.
You can stop Amuro easily, dodge the first shot and then he's both crippled by grief that he murdered a bunch of civillians and the Gundam is too slow to keep up.
>>
>>13501452
Sousuke's a great pilot, but the M9 is... well, it's not SLOW, but I don't trust it to make it all the way across NY without being attacked. If you choose the Major, he's your biggest threat.

Suzaku has some piloting skill and is a noted superhuman, and his mech is probably the fastest thing here by OP's rules - it's also able to climb the buildings and Spiderman around with Slash Hakens. Might be the second best choice, just because of the speed. That said, he's not much of a threat if you don't choose him unless his mech catches up to you, his battle instincts aren't that great, he's not very smart, and almost all the Lancelot's weapons weren't created by its first sortie. Have to be careful he doesn't spin kick you though, and Blaze Luminous is pretty good as a shield (even if half the list probably has an answer for it.)
>>
>>13501266
How the fuck is this fair?
Unit 01 is almost 100 meters tall and has a nearly impenetrable force field that can also be used as a weapon
VF-1 cant fly?
what the fuck is a tachikoma going to do against any of those?
>>
>>13501562
>>13501829
Caliber doesn't mean anything when we're talking about different series. Especially since the VF-1's head laser has a power output 3x higher than the Gundam's beam rifle so
>>
>>13503233

That, and the VF's Gunpod uses armor piercing space metal for ammo. We see it chew through the hull of starships for gods sake.
>>
>>13502978
>unit 01
Are you sure you can make it through NYC in just 5 minutes?
>>
>>13504506
He breaks the sound barrier in 2.22 when he's running to catch Sahaquiel.
>>
Tachikoma and stealth camo with The Major.
>>
>>13501266
Shinji with EVA 01 since nothing on that list can penetrate AT fields.
>>
>>13504554
Shinji has hax powers but you'd have to get him in the fucking robot and then keep him from dissolving both of you due to mommy issues.

I'd go with Motoko. No one's going to be able to find two random nobodies walking across a city of 8 million, and that's before you consider the city is full of tunnels too small for a giant robot to enter.
>>
>>13504639
If this is past episode 4 then Shinji is in the robot. Dissolving works in favor of the fight because it makes the EVA stronger
>>
I pick Shinji so I can give the poor guy a pep talk.
>>
>>13501266
I would say a tie between Sagara or the Major. They both would be skilled enough to safely get me across.

Shinji would get me killed
Amuro would be alright but as a soldier he would be lacking (If its the 0079 one we are talking about)
Suzaku would ... I forget what.
Hikaru would be the runner up if I could not chose Sagara or the Major.
>>
>>13501266
Can spinning kicks destroy AT Fields?
>>
File: 1336101965977.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1336101965977.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>13501266
Major, no contest.
Sit my ass in the tachikoma, it cloaks, Major cloaks, we skate across the city.
>>
with out their mechs
>the major
>invisible super human cyborg ninja hacker

with mechs
>Hikaru
>space flight capable super sonic super maneuverable mecha. can load out reaction weapons that make nuclear weapons look like fireworks.
>>
>>13501266
I'm gonna jump right into the major's pussy desu senpai. Also this guy from FMP is a Caucasian highlander which means he can turn super criminal and ravage the city while I ravage her private parts.
>>
>>13504767
>no flight
>>
>>13504806
VF-1, with super pack, in Gerwalk mode. is still a really fast weapon of mass destruction spamming mecha.
>>
Got to be Suzaku and the Lancelot. With its "First Appearance" set up, it still has all it's mobility and basic abilities, with a good pilot.

It's size and speed make it already a pretty hax machine, while Suzaku, even at that point, already is a proficient/good pilot who was still able to go full throttle through large debris falling on him.

While the Tachikoma might have stealth ( is that standard equipment?), and Hikaru in a VF-1 gerwalk may be overall faster (though inexperienced, and not trained in combat).

The Gundam and Eva wouldn't stand much of a chance. Both have rookie pilots, and the Gundam wouldn't be fast enough to keep up. Likewise for Sousuke and his M9 ( or even Arbalest, but that would not matter since at this point he would not be able to use the Lambda Driver). Sousuke and the Major's experience would give them some combat edge, but are not equipped well enough to keep up with the Lancelot and Suzaku (who is also a trained soldier at this point). And the majority of weapons wouldn't very very well against the Blaze Luminous of the Lancelot. MAYBE as enemies if they had time to set up, or plan... but if everyone was just thrown into the area, they wouldn't be able to do much.
>>
>>13502978
>Unit 01
Shinji doesn't know how to use it at first.
He'd freak out, fall over, and apologise to everyone.
>>
All of those mechs would sink into the ground from their weight. Forget running, let alone jumping.

But the Major and Tachikoma? We're gonna be fine and then we're gonna go get crepes.
>>
>>13505875
None of them are realistic. Even the Tachikoma's completely assfuck physics with the idea that they can actually spiderman-swing around.
>>
>Implying Motoko wouldn't just shoot everyone else in the face
>>
>>13501425
>Sagara might be a challenge because in addition to having a giant robot he's also basically teenage Big Boss.
Nah he's Solid Snake because Kalinin is Big Boss and this is an ending spoiler
>>
>>13501266

I'll go with Shinji. Its his first fight, so he won't know what he is doing. He is going to fall over and its going to be super uncool.

But that doesn't matter. All I have to do is tell him that the AT Field exists and that he should raise it, and he will do it. With that done, it doesn't actually matter if it he spends the next 10 minutes sitting there while veryone else takes shots at him, figuring out how to walk. He is fucking invulnerable. We can spend the next 12 hours with the Ev crawling on its hands and knees and still be fine.

And if the Eva actually does get defeated or run out of power, they won;t be able to get to me without trying to force open the entry plug. Which means threatening Shinji too.

Once Berserk Unit 01 has killed everyone else in the OP image, I can hop a bus across New York and cross the finish line.
>>
>>13506156
>12 hours
It was said before but he's only got 5 minutes.
>>
>>13501266
Amuro is out because underpowered early UC tech.
Major is out because lolnomech.
Suzaku is out because disloyalty.

Shinji or Hikaru are good choices.
>>
>>13508638
>disloyalty
Sounds like you just have something personal against the character.
>>
>>13501266
Whats the point of including a Valkyrie and then saying it can't fly? They are fucking transforming planes.

Sousuke;s first iteration of gear and status as a pilot is a beat up old Savage. So fuck that, I'll have Amuro defend me. Most of the rest shouldn't put up much of a fight.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.