[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>these were the original designs for the sidonia mechs. Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
>these were the original designs for the sidonia mechs.
Why do I get the impression that Sidonia would have been a lot better if Nihei hadn't neutered it to get an anime adaption?
>>
>>13497587
He wanted money.
He's got a kid old enough to complain why he doesn't draw interesting stories like Attack of Titans.
>>
>>13497587
KoS was obviously his attempt to make a more main stream series. People like to say it only became that but it was harem shit from the start

It is not like he is a particularly good writer anyway, good ideas guy though
>>
>>13497587
Does anyone have that webm of Benisuzume in slow mo getting chased off of one one the clone sluts?
I was about to make a thread, but saw this.

Those designs are pretty neat, but I really don't think I like the chest cavity thing.
Also, I really like the clean distinction between organic and inorganic?

Is the anime going to get a third season?
>>
>>13497587
I got that impression hardcore when I realized that it was a Nihei work with a fucking beach episode, before it was announced to be getting an anime. I just instantly thought, "Oh shit, this is the one that's gonna get animated".
>>
>>13497597
Oh shit, does he really? I hear a lot of manga authors have kids who don't like their work that much. I remember hearing on /a/ that the One Piece guy had a daughter who wasn't a fan of one piece, lol.
>>
>>13501165
>I really don't think I like the chest cavity thing.
Those are just the entrance. It closes up once the pilot is inside.
>>
>>13501317
I meant more from a concept standpoint.
I just don't really dig piloted biomechs/entities so much either.
>>
>>13497597
But Attack on Titan is awful
>>
>>13501896
Which is why Jappos love it.
>>
>>13501294
Good to know at least she has taste.
>>
>>13497587
>if Nihei hadn't neutered
Whhat makes you think he did?
>>
>>13497587
>if Nihei hadn't neutered it to get an anime adaption
Don't you mean if his editor hadn't neutered it so it would sell?
>>
>>13497587
I think it was more him trying to get published.

>>13497644
This really. After years of minimalism, he just probably wanted a steady paycheck.

I will not deny the designs in the op are cooler though.

>>13504126
This sounds most plausible. Probably the only way to get it picked up.

>>13501294
https://twitter.com/to_aru_oni/status/364519639151153153
Original tweet (and account) is deleted though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.