[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if Admiral Revil had survive the One Year War? Could he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 8G9p80M.jpg (96 KB, 1280x896) Image search: [Google]
8G9p80M.jpg
96 KB, 1280x896
What if Admiral Revil had survive the One Year War? Could he have been the strong man to face the corrupt bureaucracy and leadership of the Federation post-war? Or more importantly, curbed the rise of the Titans? Perhaps he could have proven to be a key figure in more a reconciliation with Zeon.
>>
>>13497295
would just get assassinated by Bask
>>
>>13497309
I get that Bask is supposed to be important, but he never really felt like he amounted to much within the series. What was even his roll? Was he the field commander of the Titans or something? IIRC, we see him fucking with Bright the first episode and then fucks off until thirty-some later.
>>
>>13497318
He's one of the higher-ups in the Titans. Pretty much Bask's second-in-command.
>>
>>13501080
*Jamitov's
>>
>>13501083

Hymen
>>
He's an old man. He has symbolic value, but the inherent rot was already in the Federation and Eartg in general. The shadowy cabal in 0083 that condemned Burning would've neutralized Revil. They'd promote him and ship him off to a desk position in exile like they did with Amuro.

Operation Stardust would still happen and Jamitov would rise like canon. Revil might stir up shit in response to the fiasco and the rise of the Titans, but they'd arrange for the great hero to die "peacefully" in his sleep.

However if Brex and AEUG/Kalaba catch wind, they may be able to rescue him. Revil would be great propaganda value for the anti-Titan factions.

However Revil would be disturbed at Axis and there wouldn't be an AEUG delegation to reach out to Haman.

And then there's Operation Maelstrom. That was a bloodbath for the AEUG and Titans. Revil would probably die there if he's present in the battle.

If he somehow isn't there, it makes you wonder about ZZ. In fact, Revil could be at Dakka instead of Quattro after Brex's assassination. He might even be the new rallying point for dissidents in Brex's place.

Haman and Neo-Zeon would probably be dealt differently if Revil is alive and kicking. But it all depends if his health doesn't fail him and how much actual power he can wield.
>>
The Zeon is exhausted speech shpuld really be your first look in to Revil what ifs.
>Dear fellow citizens, our true enemy is no longer Zeon but our own weak leaders. Hiding behind some notion of "absolute democracy", they are reduced to absolute indecision. Why should we the survivors of this horrible war, entrust them with the power to make decisions for us!?
>That there is no need for the people of Zeon to obey an "Earth Federation" run by outmodeled human relics! Well, even though I am a member of our armed forces, I have to admit that if Degwin was referring to our corrupt Earth Federation bureaucrats, he was correct
It wouldn't be at all suprising if Revil took over the Earth Federation in some form, and rooted out the bad eggs in a way not completely dissimilar from Flit's purge in AGE.
>>
>>13497295
Didn't he survive all the way to Victory?
>>
>>13502157
Revil could possibly become leader of the Federation by riding on his post-war popularity.

In fact, if Revil is alive, it stands that Degwin didn't get patricided by Gihren's Solar Ray. With Degwin around, it's possible that a moderate peace could've been brokered out instead of the actual fallout.

There's bound to be die-hard Zeonists that would flee to Axis, but it's doubtful they would have Minerva as a figurehead. Degwin would insist to keep his granddaughter close by him.

It makes me wonder if Gihren and/or Kycila would've survived the OYW in this scenario?

Anyhow Revil could certainly TRY to institute reforms, but the cabal would do their damnedest to sabotage and discredit him. Let's not forget that embittered veterans and Earth inhabitants would view Revil's policies with contempt if he went ahead of his constituents.

I think a better option would be for Revil to strike out and establish his own power base. A third way that's neither Contollism or Earth elitist.
>>
So you're saying you want a Revil-lution?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.