[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one go about tackling Patlabor as a whole? Is it as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Patlabor_manga_cover.jpg (30 KB, 300x437) Image search: [Google]
Patlabor_manga_cover.jpg
30 KB, 300x437
How does one go about tackling Patlabor as a whole? Is it as simple as production order? I understand the first OVA and movies follow a different continuity to the second OVA and series.
>>
>First OVA
>First Movie
>Second Movie
>Third Movie

>TV Series
>Second OVA
>>
You could watch it in production order even though there's two continuities. It's so episodic it's won't be confusing
>>
>>13496403
This.
>>
File: Production_Order.jpg (899 KB, 1600x1500) Image search: [Google]
Production_Order.jpg
899 KB, 1600x1500
>>13496343
>Is it as simple as production order?
>>
>>13496428
Came here to post this
>>
>>13496428

I demand this image be modified with a very tiny asterisk that says *except Votoms: Alone Again. Damn thing was made to fill in a gap because it simply should have already existed.
>>
>Step 1: Get Patlabor
>Step 2: Enjoy Patlabor

It's really not as daunting as you think. At all. You can watch them in any order. Hell, aside from the first couple episodes the characterizations are so similar I often wonder why they even made separate continuities to start with.

Most episodes are stand alone episodic affairs and the characters are strong enough that you really don't need to see the previous episodes to get who they are and what they're about.

just relax, kick back and enjoy
>>
>>13496343
OVA1 and the movies (excluding Movie 3);
OVA2 + TV;
Movie 3 (simply because it's more its own thing than your typical Patlabor);
TNG is yet another continuity AFAIK.
Also, manga is different to animated ones too. And there's the minipato thing.
>>
>>13496472
There's plenty of exceptions, otherwise you'll be all:
>Hey, I hear Jin Roh's pretty cool.
>Can't find the original audio drama.
>Oh, well, guess I'll never get to watch that movie.
>>
Is the new Patlabor: Tokyo War movie based on the old light novel?
>>
>>13496428
But Patlabor can be a little confusing if you do that.
>>13497000
TNG is equal parts sequel, adaption and reboot.
>>13497190
No.
>>
>>13496472
just downloaded votoms, where should i watch it?
>>
>>13496790
TV has a surprising amount of continuity though, less in plot and more in character arcs. I only noticed the second time through just how detailed they were with some of it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.