[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What a complete waste of time and talent. The story was inconsequential,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: rsdvd1402.jpg (1018 KB, 900x1276) Image search: [Google]
rsdvd1402.jpg
1018 KB, 900x1276
What a complete waste of time and talent.

The story was inconsequential, boring and the characters were about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Hate on AGE, hate on Wing, heck, hate on SEED and ZZ all you want, but at the very least they were more fun than Unicorn.

The worst part is that the nip audience blindly bought in this drivel.
>>
>>13494651
>Hate on AGE, hate on Wing, heck, hate on SEED and ZZ all you want, but at the very least they were more fun than Unicorn.

Objective fun chart:
>Unicorn > Wing = Seed > AGE > anime >ZZ
>>
>>13494674
but fun is subjective
>>
>>13494651
Remember military and people with military in their family aren't real humans. So it's okay to vaporize them and their babies. Loni literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>13494678
Fun is just a buzzword anyway
>>
Everyone in Unicorn act overly serious and robotic. There's not a single time where they try to deviate from the script.

It's so unlike Gundam.

It's like the anime movie adaptation of Tezuka's Buddha. All the humor, the quirkiness of the original comic is gone.

Maybe ZZ's Purus were a bit too over the top, but Marida Cruz is like the worst Puru ever. She's as dull as a brick. What the fuck.

It's like whoever directed this shit never watched any Gundam before.
>>
>>13494777
Go back to ZZ. Not every Gundam needs to be flooded with "I'm going to be the main character now!" or chicken gathering.
>>
File: Full_armor_unicorn.jpg (155 KB, 704x1023) Image search: [Google]
Full_armor_unicorn.jpg
155 KB, 704x1023
>>13494651
The "Full Armor" Unicorn is the shittiest upgrade any protag has ever had.

>So we gotta have an upgrade for the Gundam, we can't not have an upgrade
>Wouldn't it make more sense to keep its destroy mode and newtype magics hidden and then use them as the upgrade in such a short series?
>What are you, stupid? No, we take the Gundam and give it a Full Armor mode, we strap a ton of shit onto it to make it better
>What you mean like a cool set of full body armor it can cast off like the Duel?
>no, stupid, just all the guns and missile pods and it has three shields and the shields have two gatling guns each and its guns have missile pods strapped to them too
>make sure you put most of this shit on the back and throw in two giant tubes with thrusters coming out its ass too, gotta justify it not being slower after all
>it'll be the coolest thing
>>
>>13494967
The FAUC is great, go fuck yourself
>>
>>13494967
Well if you had it turn into destroy mode halfway in that would've been an asspull,i mean just Imagine if halfway through it turns from Vanilla unicorn into gundam mode. there would've been a shitstorm.
If you think the FAUC was that bad then what would you suggest? something like the Banshee Norn?
>>
>>13495234
How would its armor shifting and opening up midway to reveal its actual anti newtype and psychoframe shenanigans be more of an asspull than it revealing those abilities early? They are clearly what makes the Unicorn really special, if you actually work towards setting it up and build this thing up until it finally comes and its armor shifts and shit gets glowy it would've had more of an impact I feel. And if you still need extra powerlevels, it hitting "awakening" and giving Banaja better control over newtype shanigans would've been all you needed and worked quite well with it.
>>
>>13495001
It really, really isn't, starting from the simple issue of it being a "Full Armor" variant that does not in any way add armor. When you fail at your mission statement from the get-go it can only get worse.
>>
File: Unicorn-girl.jpg (149 KB, 654x1006) Image search: [Google]
Unicorn-girl.jpg
149 KB, 654x1006
At least Unicorn gave us phat beatz nigga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0gRAvY2FPM

And I really dig Unicorn in Unicorn mode.
>>
File: all according to keikaku.jpg (581 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
all according to keikaku.jpg
581 KB, 1920x1080
>>13494967
To be Fair, the Full Armor Unicorn was Developed by Banagher's Friend. (I Forget his name).

It's literally amateur work
>>
>banagher starts off beating the fuck out of grown men.
>every other situation he gets his shit pushed in except in mechafights.
>>
At least we have the OST.
>>
>>13494967
>has the Full Armor designation
>has no extra armor

This will never not be infuriating.
>>
>>13495664
The Japs refer to Full Armor as in full armaments. Probably because they think random english words are cool.
>>
>>13495542

He beats Zinnerman up when he lets Loni fry civvies for vengeance.
>>
>>13495479
I agree the soundtrack in Unicorn really was great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hph8vCr2wdY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT_RWu3O_Q8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y1wCOxhn3A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwktIkvRBI8
>>
>>13495680
To my knowledge every full armor version of a mobile suit actually has armor along with increased firepower. Granted, I can't say I remember every single MS with the designation so I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the case. And even then "just strap a shitload of guns to it, then add missile pods on top of those guns and finish it up with two giant propellant tanks" out the back is hardly justifiable

It was made by an amateur in the story, sure, but it just as easily could not have been, it could've been better made and designed. I like mechs with assloads of gun but not when it's on the level of an 8 year old taking an existing robot and adding a gun to every flat surface he could find and some that weren't quite flat just because he thinks gun is shorthand for cool.
>>
>>13494651
Personally I had allot more fun with unicorn than seed, let alone win but unlike most us fags it wasn't my first so there's no nostalgia there.

Haven't seen age yet so can't comment. And ZZ was fun as fuck, obligatory sans moon moon here.
>>
>>13495664
The armor is the two extra shields. You can see it all over the FA Unicorn's game appearances prior to episode 7 coming out; the shield funnels circle the thing like a barrier and block all attacks without actually requiring extra armor. It's sort of like the V2 Assault's I Field generators, only better in every way because OVA tech progression.

And the whole concept of FA Unicorn is "welp the Unicorn is out of weapons, let's just strap everything we have lying around onto it" anyways, so it's pretty much just sacrificing style for story consistency.

The real question is where the hell they got another Beam Magnum and a couple more shields.
>>
>>13496295
don't forget the psycoframe poleaxe
>>
File: 20140815200006478.jpg (129 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
20140815200006478.jpg
129 KB, 1366x768
>>13494651
>Start reading this thread
>What a complete waste of time and talent.
>This instantly pops in my head

ah ha ha
>>
CCA is still a much better capstone for early U.C.

Also the animation is highly overrated, anyone who ranks this over 0083 animation-wise is a humongous fucktard.
>>
Unicorn is my favorite anime and made me feel compelled to become a public administrator. I start my first job in January. I will always look to this anime fondly.
>>
>>13496302
I actually wish we saw that stupid thing used. If you're going to go full silly with an upgrade like FA Unicorn, at least make it metal as fuck so it's interesting to watch.
>>
>>13494651
We're still getting Transformers movies. When it's about big robots all you need is a big budget.
>>
>>13494674
>Objective fun chart
Unicorn wasn't fun at all.
Wing wasn't as well.
SEED and AGE are no fun either.

ZZ had a crazy amount of fun.
>>
>>13494777
>Everyone in Unicorn act overly serious and robotic
Probably the most painful thing about Unicorn. It's like te people in charge watched the originial Gundam and thought "it's too silly, let's try to drown everyone in angst evangelion style, that way we'll sound more realistic!"

Unicorn characters are so damn wooden and preachy., the guys in charge have zero understanding of subtlety.
>>
>>13496556
>Unicorn characters are so damn wooden and preachy., the guys in charge have zero understanding of subtlety.

We ARE talking about people who thought the best way to give someone a tragic backstory was to include copious amounts of rape.
>>
Why do we have two unicorn hate threads?
>>
>>13496556
>let's try to drown everyone in angst evangelion style
>>
>>13496573
Zimmerman is a rape magnet.
>>
>>13496586
One slapstick image of the show doesn't make eva characters any less angst loaded.
>>
File: latest[3].png (825 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
latest[3].png
825 KB, 1024x768
>>13496621

That entire episode was slapstick though. I ain't trying to push Eva as some zany Excel Saga shit, but it did have plenty enough comedy to keep it from being a complete angst-fest like you say it is.
>>
>>13496673
>Kaji announces he has aids
>Everyone's who's fucked Kaji reacts negatively
>>
Not sure what's worse, the "Unicorn is bad" meme or the "G Gundam is good" meme.
>>
>>13494651
I like the Unicorn Gundam I think
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.