[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What made Gaim good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: 1440983249783.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1440983249783.gif
2 MB, 400x225
What made Gaim good?
>>
Bananas and Durians.
>>
Kouta was goofy.
>>
Getting rid of the two parter format.
Butcher turning the ridiculous gimmicks into a bait-and-switch.
Butcher knowing his Rider stuff.
Pretty good actors all around (by Toku standards) sans Bananaman.
Many other things.
>>
Urobuchi being willing to do a show that doesn't follow the two-parter arc and that hearkens back to the older Rider days where not everybody gets a happy ending.
>>
File: 1446708877571.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1446708877571.gif
2 MB, 400x225
The overarching story among other things.
>>
>>13494472
It wouldnt have mattered if everyone got a happy ending in Gaim, the point was that the story actually went to places and fairly quickly to the point where every week we had good progression instead of evey other recent series where the main crew just hunts down another monster of the week.
>>
>>13494461
>Gaim
>good
>>>/a/
>>
>>13494461
>good

Only if you're a Butcher cock sucker
>>
dancing
>>
Focusing more on its overall story and characters than self contained two-part monster of the week shenanigans.
>>
>>13494461
>Multiple riders with varied personalities
>Serialized format
>Some cool fights here and there
>God tier gimmick
>Many designs manage to look good (when they drop the whole fruit thing at least)
>Did the Ryuki thing of having multiple riders fighting for their beliefs or plans instead of having them all be good guys.
>Micchy

>>13494499
>>13494518
Come on, its not without its flaws, but it's pretty good.
>>
File: 45007573_big_p2.jpg (143 KB, 403x500) Image search: [Google]
45007573_big_p2.jpg
143 KB, 403x500
>>13494461

-Solid designs in both Rider and Monster camps
-Well paced story that broke away from the monster-of-the-fortnight style that's plagued Late Heisei
-Endearing/Compelling characters
-Plot that didn't pull its punches
>>
>>13494468

I actually say that's more of the fault of how Kaito's character was written rather than his actor.
>>
>saying Gaim is good on /m/
I mean, it is good, but saying good things about it or Drive will get you eaten alive by this board, same thing goes for saying bad things about Ghost or Wizard.
>>
>>13494966
Kaito's character worked, though. He was an angry kid whose dad had been screwed over and he was trying too hard to be what he believed to be a total badass because he thought it was the only way to get by in life, even though he pretty much had no idea what he was doing and was just upset and confused.
>>
>>13494984
>saying bad things about Wizard will get you eaten alive

Is it opposite day where you're at or something?
>>
>>13495003
Last time I looked in /krg/ where the majority of the board's KR fans are, they were widely agreeing that Ryuki is shit, Dragon Knight is great, and Wizard is underrated. That was the moment where I lost all faith in tokufags.
>>
>>13494996
Sound too much like a blatant fangirl bait. Considering Kaito stayed until the very end for the teen audience, it seems it works. Urobutcher is a shitty writer but a good businessman. There's talent involved on know how to pander to an audience, it's just that it isn't the kind of talent that trascend
>>
The continually escalating plot is quite unique for a Masked Rider show. Other shows usually raise a bunch of of plot threads throughout but only resolve them all in the last few episodes. This is especially true for inoue-era shows

It's pretty exciting to watch gaim while it was airing
>>
>>13494966
I guess? He certainly wasn't a good fit for the role, personality wise.
>>13495038
Kaito is an static character to contrast Kouta, and considering his background + Mai kicking the bucket it's pretty reasonable that he turned out the way he did.
>Urobutcher is a shitty writer but a good businessman. There's talent involved on know how to pander to an audience
That makes zero sense. Urobuchi's original script had both Banana and the Grapist kicking the bucket fairly early. Kaito was popular and so was Micchy's actor so Urobuchi had to accommodate to the demands of the executives. It's like you have no idea how writing for these toy commercials actually works.
Why is always the Urobuchi anti that say the dumbest shit? It's directly tied to how they love to sperg about his writing without offering any tangible argument because they think that gives them free patrician points or disliking something widely praised by anyone in the industry makes them unique and look knowledgeable? What a tumblr way to behave.
>>
The last of two-parters. The story had a certain almost 'grounded' feel to it toward the second quarter. Tapping into moments that made the characters feel like real people in dire situations (despite all the fruit stuff...) was a good thing. It's a shame it completely lost itself.
>>
File: 27.jpg (956 KB, 2399x3469) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
956 KB, 2399x3469
>>13494461
Kachidoki Arms.
>>
>>13494461

It came after Wizard. Anything would have been called amazing.
>>
File: 144707517787.jpg (321 KB, 1080x1550) Image search: [Google]
144707517787.jpg
321 KB, 1080x1550
>>13495017
What do they think about Hibiki?
>>
>>13495394
That's depressing such a qt has been denied to the world
>>
>>13495003
Nah, I've seen lots of people saying that Wizard hate is a meme and that it isnt really that bad.

I've seen everything but Skyrider and Super-1 and yes, Wizard is definitely the worst show.
>>
>>13495066
>It's pretty exciting to watch gaim while it was airing
This.

I loved when Sawame city got empty, it made the threat feel more "real" in a way (aside from actually working as an explanation as to why no one is around when riders fight) no other show did. And it wasnt even something that lasted 2-3 episodes, when it happened, it happened for good and that situation didnt change until everything got solved(aside from Jam of course).
>>
File: Zawame01.jpg (56 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Zawame01.jpg
56 KB, 630x420
>>13495549
>>
File: Zawame02.jpg (131 KB, 630x494) Image search: [Google]
Zawame02.jpg
131 KB, 630x494
>>13495642
>>
As previous anon mentioned, I like how urobuchi make the invasion feel like a real threat, i never seen jdf in a toku show before, so thats pretty refreshing and how the poeple still mourn for the victims of invasion in the last episode.
>>
>>13495017
>listening to /krg/
there's your problem. I mean they haven't gotten rid of a tripfag who actually enjoys TV-N.
>>
>>13495017
>and Wizard is underrated.
That was one shitposter who was also insisting that OOO and W were edgy and everyone only liked them because of that. He also refered to Fourze as a "meme series" so you're basing your opinion of the whole general off of one of the most transparent fuckwits in existence.
>>
>>13494496
Wasn't the only filler episode the GaimxKikaider episode?
>>
>>13494518
>>13494499
>toku
>good
>>
>>13495017
Dragon Knight was nice...save for when Kit was vented, it went to shit
>>
>>13494461
Was slowly becoming like a Megaten/SMT story, but stopped near the end.
>>
>>13498098
Except for Kouta not killing his friends, but yeah.
>>
>>13497908
There were a few episodes near the end when Kouta would fight random-ass Overlords just so somebody would transform and fight between people talking angrily at each other.

They were kinda fillery, in that you could compress three episodes of talking into one but then you wouldn't have a fight. And this is KR, you gotta have a fight.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.