[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /m/ like this show so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 14
File: maxresdefault.jpg (196 KB, 2000x1143) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
196 KB, 2000x1143
Why does /m/ like this show so much?
>>
>>13494049
/m/'s grunt/tactics fetish.
>>
File: 1446837911313.jpg (78 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
1446837911313.jpg
78 KB, 444x444
>>13494049
Real Men Stick To AZ
>>
As smart as Code Geass, as tense as the first season of Gundam 00 as fun as Gaogaigar as mature as Gundam Wing
>>
File: smile.gif (970 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
smile.gif
970 KB, 500x380
>>13494090
>>
>>13494049
It was well made contrary to what the haters will say.
>>
>>13494176
>It was well made
From a technical point of view, yes. But it doesn't get points for that since the screenplay is fucking garbage.
>>
you're not a true /m/an unless you've had op's image as your background for at least a 24h period.
>>
>>13494176
>well made
>Let justice be done, even if the heavens fall
>Just joking... let peace be done, and fuck the justice.

No, it was not. It was just highly publicized and well presented, but nothing more. In fact, the ending was ridiculous anticlimactic and comical. Slaine choose to surrenders and others exploit him to force a magical peace.
The final joke is that the setting has not even been exploited properly and the story seems incomplete on many way.
>>
>>13494535
>>13494176

>From a technical point of view, yes.

The 3DCG was fucking garbage and the animation was meh
>>
>>13494555
>The final joke is that the setting has not even been exploited properly and the story seems incomplete on many way.
Exactly. The UFE isn't even there at all. We're only focused on the freaking Deucalion all the time.
>>
>>13494049
It's a bad show, and /m/ loves bad shows.
>>
>>13494596
>and /m/ loves bad shows.
The only bad show /m/ likes is Dancouga Nova
>>
>>13494596
So THAT'S why most of /m/ hates G-Reco, huh.
>>
>>13494623
Reconquista is not "bad". It's a mess, but not outright bad like A/Z, VVV or SEED.
>>
>>13494608
>Nova
>Bad
>>
>>13494630
No, G-Reco is objectively great. I know this because /m/ hates it, and according to >>13494596 , /m/ loves bad shows.
>>
>>13494630
>any of those shows
>bad
>GReco
>good

Keksimus maximus
>>
>>13494791
Here's your reply
>>
>>13494814
Here's yours.
>>
It was utter garbage but at least Slaine suffered.
>>
>>13494596
This explains so much.
>>
File: it knows.png (454 KB, 522x545) Image search: [Google]
it knows.png
454 KB, 522x545
>>13494049
Egg's autism was oddly compelling.
His relationship with Tryhard at the beginning; the reasons for their rivalry were maturely and coolly developed, and the way it turned out grew logically from what they did and didn't know and how they would act on this knowledge, given what we know about their characters
>I SAY CRYYYYYYY
>First cour ending
>>
File: Roy.Mustang.jpg (792 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Roy.Mustang.jpg
792 KB, 800x1200
Slaine tried to be pic related only instead of having Hughes for backup he chased asshime instead
>>
>>13494049
Oh you.
>>
>>13494061
I probably would have finished the series it if the suits were in 2D
>>
>>13494646
>x loves bad shows
>must mean x hates good shows
what an absurd leap in logic
>>
>>13498031
/m/ doesn't watch anime so it's clear good and bad hold no meaning here.
>>
File: 1328961700875.jpg (44 KB, 406x272) Image search: [Google]
1328961700875.jpg
44 KB, 406x272
>>13494090
>>
it was good

not great

but good

it did however have an excellent ost
>>
File: 1446404566991.jpg (35 KB, 632x483) Image search: [Google]
1446404566991.jpg
35 KB, 632x483
>>13498154
>it was good
>it did however have an excellent ost
>>
>>13495583
>>13498154
I'm gonna just say these are troll posts.
>>
>>13494049
i dont
>>
A/Z is bad. Really bad. A-1 pictures is probably the worst studio. The story feels like it was influenced by mostly Zeta Gundam and Unicorn. A/Z has one of the worst Mary Sue's in any show i've watched. The mechanical design isn't stellar. The OST is not that great either. Hiroyuki Sawano did a much better job at composing Unicorn than Kill La Kill or A/Z.
>>
>>13498174
>it did however have an excellent ost
It did, actually. There's no need for that stupid image.
>>
File: 1411692242369.jpg (27 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1411692242369.jpg
27 KB, 848x480
Best part of the show right here.
>>
>>13499090

sad but true
>>
>>13498186
And why would you say that desu senpai?
>>
>>13494090
>As smart as Code Geass, as tense as the first season of Gundam 00 as fun as Gaogaigar as mature as Gundam Wing

I see what you did there, but all of those are better in each category than this is.
>>
File: 1426367477038.png (348 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1426367477038.png
348 KB, 600x450
The weird thing is that it could have very easily been good with a few tweaks here and there.

But as it stands, it's almost a legendary misfire by the finale.
>>
>>13498186
You're an idiot. The first cour's ending was solid. How badly they fucked up the second season doesn't have any bearing on how successful the first one was.
>>
>>13499753
>The first cour's ending was solid.
>Nothing gets resolved
>Hilarious "hook" cliffhanger to draw idiots (like you) to watch the second season
>solid
>>
>>13498899
>It did, actually.
It didn't. It was Sawano's weakest effort yet
>>
>>13499654
>The weird thing is that it could have very easily been good with a few tweaks here and there.
Nope.
>>
>>13499090
As worthless as every other character in this show but you seem like a pathetic waifufag anyways.
>>
/m/ is not one person. I watched the first episode and decided I didn't like it.
>>
Wait, I thought Valvrager loves Aldnoah.Zero?
>>
>>13499790
She served an important purpose.
She humanized Rain Man.

And unlike most of the other girls she wasn't annoying.
>>
>>13499769
>4 main characters (Inaho, Sauzbaum, Cruhteo, Asseylum) appear to die
>Cruhteo's death in particular is poignant and effective use of dramatic irony
>Slaine has all the power he needs and his rival out of the way (someone, btw, who we know to be his rival even though they've only met a couple times, because of the way the narrative skillfully set up their opposing but similar goals), but everything he wishes to fight for is gone
>War appears to be at a stalemate
>"Nothing gets resolved"
Well, besides the fact that the first cour's aim isn't to resolve everything, but to resolve SOME things while setting up for a second cour, what you're saying is wrong on its face. Using the second season's derail to justify pissing on the first is disingenuous and unintelligent.
>>
>>13499782
>Nope
I love this meme
>>
Aldnoah Zero is like a generic Gundam clone.
>>
Babbies first real robot show
>>
File: Raugh.jpg (395 KB, 1000x483) Image search: [Google]
Raugh.jpg
395 KB, 1000x483
>>13498174
Welcome to now.
>>
>>13500385
>real robot
Now you've done it.
>>
Slaine is the Bad Luck Brian of anime
>>
I honestly liked AZ and KLK soundtrack better than Unicorn.
>>
How do you guys keep falling for this over and over and over.
>>
>>13500849
It's ok, anon. Sometimes, it just happens that people like a thing you don't and you feel left out. But it's all daijoubu.
>>
>>13494049
Besides all the characters being the teenage archetypes we've seen before, it wasn't that bad.
>>
>>13499960
>main characters
>Sauzbaum, Cruhteo
Kek
What? He died liked nothing and is never brought up again.
>stuff
None of that shit is even relevant
We don't know this until the second season
>Well, besides the fact that the first cour's aim isn't to resolve everything
Then its not a solid ending at all since nothing is resolved
> Using the second season's derail to justify pissing on the first is disingenuous and unintelligent.
Havent even brought up the second season at all. And it doesn't change the fact that the first season was just as garbage
>>
>>13500845
Your tastes is really fucking shit
>>
>>13499830
So she served no purpose

She was especially annoying.
>>
>>13499960
>>Cruhteo's death in particular is poignant and effective use of dramatic irony
>READY MY THARSIS-
>pew pew ur ded

How?
>>
>>13499960
>4 main characters (Inaho, Sauzbaum, Cruhteo, Asseylum) appear to die
Saaz and Cruhteo aren't mains and you can clearly see that Saaz is still alive
Are you fucking serious? He dies in an instant and amounts to fucking nothing.
>Slaine has all the power he needs and his rival out of the way (someone, btw, who we know to be his rival even though they've only met a couple times, because of the way the narrative skillfully set up their opposing but similar goals), but everything he wishes to fight for is gone
I'm not even sure what the hell you're trying to say here.
Its not, at least not during the season finale.
>>
>>13501349
Cruhteo had just learned the truth about Slaine, the princess, and Sauzbaum. He'd forgiven Slaine and was getting ready to alert all of Vers to the truth. If he'd managed it, they could have stopped the war then and there. Instead, Slaine has to go with Sauzbaum, never knowing that there was another path for him to take (contacting Cruhteo's son and carrying out Cruhteo's last actions).
>>
>>13501337
>>13501359
>Saucebum and Crouton aren't main characters
How can you be expected to accurately analyze a narrative if you can't even identify the characters? kek.

>Then its not a solid ending at all since nothing is resolved
You can keep saying that, it doesn't make it true. The protagonist and his Peace Princess were dead, that's pretty damn resolved. Just because the writers lost their balls and brought them back with a handwave doesn't change that, for all intents and purposes, they were dead at the end of that episode. And the only way to dispute this is to bring up the second season, so it's implicit in the argument.

Hate memes are cancer. No one thinks that A/Z is GOAT, but if you think that it's bottom-of-the-barrel, then you're certifiably retarded.
>>
>>13501869

Well, it's not as though we were remotely aware Cruhteo even had an heir until the dying moments of the second season, really.
>>
>>13501886
True. But parse the way his relationship with Slaine is presented. He's an abusive dick because he feels like he's essentially being forced to house a traitor-in-waiting. But then he changes his mind JUST before he's about to die, as he's carrying an unconscious Slaine who, without having just received the beating he has, would be conscious to accept Cruhteo's apology. The way everything is set up, the suggestion is obvious that Cruhteo's about-face is supposed to represent another way forward that gets snuffed out immediately after it comes into being. And Slaine never even knows it existed. That's "Japan's telegrammed declaration of war arriving after Pearl Harbor" tragic.
>>
File: 1442123501598.png (200 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
1442123501598.png
200 KB, 576x324
>the action is good!

never seen any webm posted

>g-go watch it yourself!

not falling for that
>>
>>13501877
>How can you be expected to accurately analyze a narrative if you can't even identify the characters? kek.
This is epitome of irony.
>it doesn't make it true
It's pretty much a fact.
> The protagonist and his Peace Princess were dead, that's pretty damn resolved
That's call a hook dumbfuck, nothing is confirmed at all and considering this was a 2-cour split they never changed their decision to revive them they were always planning on baiting dumbass people like you into watching the second season.

>No one thinks that A/Z is GOAT, but if you think that it's bottom-of-the-barrel, then you're certifiably retarded.
Nah it's pretty fucking bottom of the barrel shit you've done very little to convince us anywise.
>>
>>13501869
>>13502043
>ALL DIS FANFICTION BULLSHIT

Yeah you're an idiot. Cruhteo was never important just really a dumbass who never amounted to anything like a lot of characters in this series.

>>13501877
>main character
>does nothing
>dies 7 episodes in the first season with nobody giving a shit and given no characterization
>main character
kek indeed

>The protagonist and his Peace Princess were dead, that's pretty damn resolved
No they weren't and they were never planning on keeping them dead, you just got suckered into watching more of this shit instead of dropping it after the first fucking episode.
>>
>>13499960
>>War appears to be at a stalemate
Not really. Previous episodes go over how the UEF's lost a fuckton of land to Vers, with the Deucalion kids commenting on how so little evacuees actually made it to the Russian HQ and thinking that Terrans would likely go extinct if it were to fall. ONE landing castle manages to royally screw over that final stronghold, only needing some missiles, a few Skycarrier-carried platoons of foot soldiers, and Dioscuria's drones to do so. The best plan the UEF could come up with to win the battle was to send the Deucalion on a suicide mission to deactivate the landing castle, but even after Asseylum did so the battle still continued to be fought. With the princess and the Terran ace seemingly dead and the Deucalion sunk, it would've been nearly impossible for them to survive another landing castle assault. That's assuming they even make it through Saazbaum's assault; the Vers soldiers had good footholds within the base last we see of them, and, again, they were still fighting even after the castle was powered down. If anything, the war is VERY much in favor of Vers at the end of cour one.

Of course, cour two retcons or glosses over just about all of that, especially with UEF suddenly having multiple space bases in the asteroid belt and being able to maintain them, along with having been able to continue fighting for so long, but we're not talking about cour two.
>>
>>13502209
>This is epitome of irony.
I figured you'd go for that because you're pleb shite. Imitation, flattery, etc.
>It's pretty much a fact.
It isn't. That's why we're arguing broseph.
>That's call a hook dumbfuck, nothing is confirmed at all and considering this was a 2-cour split they never changed their decision to revive them they were always planning on baiting dumbass people like you into watching the second season.
I understand that you just came out of underageb&hood a week ago, but if you'd been around for the conversations about A/Z when it aired last year, you'd remember that there was no small amount of controversy over whether or not the writers would have the balls to double down on the whole, "Killing two of the main characters," thing. Obviously, they didn't, but the idea that it was a hook only works if it was convincing in the first place.
>Nah it's pretty fucking bottom of the barrel shit you've done very little to convince us anywise.
I'm not trying to convince you; me and the lurkers are snickering at your idiocy.

>>13502232
>Yeah you're an idiot. Cruhteo was never important just really a dumbass who never amounted to anything like a lot of characters in this series.
>Raised two of the other main characters
>One of those characters' direct commanding officer
>Not important
Why are you so dumb

>No they weren't and they were never planning on keeping them dead, you just got suckered into watching more of this shit instead of dropping it after the first fucking episode.
See above. Hindsight is 20/20 and makes imbeciles feel like they're geniuses.
>>
>>13503133
You're right, this was something I was wrong about. Instead of it being resolved by a stalemate, it was resolved with a practical curbstomp that, like pretty much everything else about the end of cour 1, was retconned in the next.
>>
>>13503182
>NO U

Great argument

>you'd remember that there was no small amount of controversy over whether or not the writers would have the balls to double down on the whole, "Killing two of the main characters," thing

What controversy? Anyone with a brain knew they wouldn't do it

I think you're the only one laughning because no one on this board defends A/Z
>>
>>13503182
>>Raised two of the other main characters
Who only raised Slaine and wasn't very good at it given Slaine never looks back at his time with him.
>One of those characters' direct commanding officer
Yeah...there's a lot of them and they came out of the woodwork in S2. Way to prove how insignificant he truly is.
>Hindsight is 20/20 and makes imbeciles feel like they're geniuses.
More like you're in a severe case of denial.
>>
>>13494049
It had a good soundtrack.
Rest of it was shit.
>>
>>13503249
>It had a good soundtrack.
A/Z is the benchmark to weeding out music plebs
>>
>>13503259
I don't care in all honesty.
>>
>>13503208
>Great argument
You keep doing it.

>What controversy? Anyone with a brain knew they wouldn't do it
>Monday morning battle forecasting
Nah, there was a legit argument over whether they'd do it. Conventional wisdom says that they wouldn't have the guts to, which, paradoxically, suggested that the twist would be that they would.

>I think you're the only one laughning because no one on this board defends A/Z
You're literally in a thread started by someone who wanted to know why /m/ defends A/Z.

>>13503224
>Who only raised Slaine and wasn't very good at it given Slaine never looks back at his time with him.
Hime was there before Slaine showed up. Slaine's hard edge is a direct result of the treatment he received from Cruhteo.
>Yeah...there's a lot of them and they came out of the woodwork in S2. Way to prove how insignificant he truly is.
I don't think you understand what a direct commanding officer is.

You people need to learn the difference between, "I hate thing," and, "Thing is objectively bad."
>>
>>13503325
>Nah, there was a legit argument over whether they'd do it
No there wasn't. Everyone knew that they wre not gonna go through with it which is why threads were dead for months after

>You're literally in a thread started by someone who wanted to know why /m/ defends A/Z.
...this is a troll thread retard.
>>
>>13503325
>Hime was there before Slaine showed up
He didn't raise her dumbass and where they met was outside where he was station
> Slaine's hard edge is a direct result of the treatment he received from Cruhteo.
Nope, hell he rubbed off Saaz in the two years they were together than Cruhteo ever did.
>I don't think you understand what a direct commanding officer is.

You do realize he wasn't the only commanding officer nor the most important right?

But is is objectively bad.
>>
>>13503527
>I don't like it
>that makes it a troll thread

Grow up.
>>
File: 1446933038352.jpg (18 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446933038352.jpg
18 KB, 500x375
>>13506421
>Asking /m/ if they like a universally panned show
>Not a troll thread
>>
>>13494049
Wait, does /m/ like this now? Only the S1 is worth the trouble, and slaine is useless there, S2 is shit, the story was rushed and some of the fights were really stupid.
>>
>>13506924
>Wait, does /m/ like this now?
No
>Only the S1 is worth the trouble
Not even close
>>
wasted orange suit.
Why can't we have more orange suit piloted by mc ?
>>
>>13494854
It would have been a better show if Slaine didn't suffer.
Also if he didn't do a 180, every time the writers felt like it.
>>
>>13507369
>It would have been a better show if Slaine didn't suffer.
But all those fujoboners
>>
>>13494049
Because it surpassed Gundam.
>>
Because Slaine is a semen demon
>>
>>13507369
>a better show if Slaine didn't suffer.

Some suffering was necessary, but Slaine was not the only one who had to suffer. The princess would have deserved to see her ideals of peace and shattered and herself reduced to a puppet from Crutheo Jr, the guy out of nowhere who, ironically, she thought to exploit to impose peace. Inaho would have to go crazy with love and obsession for AssHime to the point of compromise everything, including his relationship with his friends. This was the original concept and I liked it.

A little over the top, but if we consider that the series was terribly linear, if something like that happened , the show would have been more interesting.
>>
>>13509586
>This was the original concept.

Of course, i was referring only to Inaho characterization.
>>
>>13499774
>It was Sawano's weakest effort yet.
>What is Owari no Seraph OST
>>
>>13507369
Slaine character was fine if they hadn't tried to try to apply the original storyarc that Gen had thought for a completely different characterization in the way he was eventually written: because if he was just an ambitious boy who wants to fuck up the Orbital knights and doesn't give a shit about the princess who he just met but starts with good intentions and is later corrupted with power the storyarc has a more solid progression.

Instead we got a weird mix of a pure guy with the universe's worst luck who was in a depression when he was swept by a war and put in a position he didn't want. It just makes everything bleak.
>>
>>13509586
>The princess would have deserved to see her ideals of peace and shattered and herself reduced to a puppet from Crutheo Jr, the guy out of nowhere who, ironically, she thought to exploit to impose peace.

Asseylum suffered for her ideals: she was put in a coma for nearly two years and she had to face Slaine. The anime did a poor job in showing this, but the intention was for her to choose between her love for him, who made her who she was today, with her people for the people. This was why Lemrina pitied her, because she knew that, unlike her, she could not put her heart first. They need far more screentime together, but the point was: Asseylum had traveled following Slaine's vision and ideals. She was shattered for what happened. They just suck in showing her emotions.

That is why the only thing she pleads and asks to Inaho wasn't even to keep himself safe or take care, but for him to make Slaine happy someday. He was the person she wanted to make happy and she could never do it. She failed him.

The same reason how Inaho failed to save Asseylum too. The only one he managed to save was Slaine.
>>
>>13509787
Maybe is like you say, but the show runs it badly. To the end, she has not learn anything and everything goes according to her desires without any difficulty or true moral conflict . She gets her magical peace with no serious repercussion on the martians ( yet, Japs should know what happens to the losers or those who surrender, especially if they have caused the deaths of millions of civilians, and point the finger at one man as the only responsible is absurd).

You does not stop a war by slamming your feet or making a pompous message on tv. You solve it only if you understand the reasons that have unleashed the war to find a long-term solution and the hime is still ignorant about all the problems on Mars. And better yet ...

when she responding to Lemrina regardless who she really cares about, she says, she loves everyone... and if you think about it a moment, it's like saying that she does not love anyone, because in fact she bypassed the question with an answer of circumstance.

I can not stand these characters. I like when they start immature and learn from their mistakes, but I hate it when at the end they continue to be retarded and the show acts as if they were right.
>>
>>13494061
This
>>
>>13494061
Thos
>>
>>13494061
>>13513226
>>13514298

Grunt tactics were only in episode 3, the rest is "Inaho supremacy".
>>
It honestly wasn't that bad. The ending is a clear example of the director not knowing what he's doing though.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.