[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This kid was an awful, yandere little shit, but Lelouch didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: CODE_GEASS_R2_-_Rolo_Lamperouge.jpg (85 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CODE_GEASS_R2_-_Rolo_Lamperouge.jpg
85 KB, 1920x1080
This kid was an awful, yandere little shit, but Lelouch didn't have to go off on him like that. What's his deal? Why's he so pissed off? Hasn't Rolo been trying his best to be a good otouto?
>>
File: 1446552918492.jpg (17 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446552918492.jpg
17 KB, 500x500
>>13493606
>never dressed him as a girl
Geass is such a shit show desu
>>
>>13493619
Do you think Lelouch would have loved Rolo if he dressed up as Nunally all the time?
>>
Lelouch has always been a total douche.
>>
>>13493636
Yes, yes I do.

But Lulu would've still killed him. as was his plan.
>>
>>13493606

Lelouch hates Rolo, and a significant part of his misfortunes in R2 is Rolo's fault. Hell yeah he's gonna go off on him when he's got no reason to play nice to him anymore.
>>
>>13493678
I'm pretty sure Lelouch had forgotten about his plan to Garma Rolo by the halfway point. Then he killed Shirley, and that pissed him off. Remember how he acted when Rolo saved him?
>>
Why did Charles even replace Nunally with a guy in the first place? Isn't it easier to just replace her with some other blind girl called Emily, Cecily, Cagalli, etc.

A boy called Rolo is like 360+xboxONE degrees off. Did he INTEND for Lelouch to remember?
>>
>>13493699
extra fujo service.
nothing is s2 made any sense.
They moved the timeslot and rewrote the whole show, into garbage.
>>
>>13493699

Because Rolo was a Geass assassin. Also seemingly the only one old enough to fill the role. Some little random blind girl wouldn't work since they'd have to be in on Geass and also a capable spy and able to eliminate Lelouch if he got his memory back.
>>
>>13493713
What. They gay little kid that comes with Charles could dispense Geass like a gachapon machine. Pretty sure Britannia has a whole drawer full of kid assassins. There has to be a girl in there that matches Nunally's likeness.
>>
>>13493707
So true. Still it's our glorified trainwreck.
>>
File: img000005-1.jpg (62 KB, 305x277) Image search: [Google]
img000005-1.jpg
62 KB, 305x277
Charles really hated lies, right? I mean, don't get me wrong, doesn't everybody? But his magic power revolved around lying to people. He lied to his kids (because apparently Lulu and Nunally were actually his favorites), he lied to C.C., and he lied to his brother. I mean, why does he get to call Lulu a liar for being Zero?

And what was his idea of Instrumentality, anyway? What the fuck was the "Thought Elevator?" If Charles thought he could be reunited with Lelouch anyway, why didn't he just kill him?
>>
>>13493760
>He lied to his kids (because apparently Lulu and Nunally were actually his favorites), he lied to C.C., and he lied to his brother. I mean, why does he get to call Lulu a liar for being Zero?
Little white lies, my friend, for the greater good.

>And what was his idea of Instrumentality, anyway? What the fuck was the "Thought Elevator?" If Charles thought he could be reunited with Lelouch anyway, why didn't he just kill him?
Try not to think too much about this,
The writers didn't.
Yer just suppose to go gooey at Lulu or Pizza butt.
>>
>>13493736

It doesn't work that way. You need to have a...something they never quite say, to get a Geass. Even then Rolo's Geass was flawed and gave him a heart condition. Geass is rare, and V.V. couldn't just give it to anyone and everyone.

They did have other Geass kids, but as we see in 14 they're all like 10 or younger, too young to be filled into the blank Nunally left.
>>
>>13493785
>You need to have a...something they never quite say
It's a dick, right? You need to have dick and balls to have a Geass ability
>>
Boku wa, Tori ni Naru./If I were a Bird is still the saddest track from the R2 soundtrack.
>>
>>13493699
Why not? He only needed to replace Nunnally and watch over him, but not necessarily act like her.

For the record though, apparently they've since retroactively explained in newer stuff that a girl was originally sent there before Rolo and got killed.
>>
>>13493707
Except it actually makes sense (in that gender doesn't really matter in the situation at all) and there was no "whole show" to rewrite. Garbage post of yours.
>>
>>13493745
So false. Glorified hipsters like you are the worst.
>>
>>13493760
Charles was obsessed with the past as well, not just lies, and a memory rewriting eye lets him change that. From his point of view though, he was lying in order to get stuff done and it wouldn't make any difference once he won. Everyone would understand each other.

It's like any other instrumentality. Thought Elevator is just a name of a magical thing. It's like asking why Angels are named that in Evangelion. That's pretty much what Lelouch criticized him for, so Charles wasn't all that worried about his children dying, at least not when his plan was around the corner.
>>
>>13493785
It's basically V.V. that apparently went crazy with giving Geass to a ton of people though, even if they died like Rolo, because he didn't care about them. I
>>
>>13496004
I'm not confused about the name of the Though Elevator, but the concept. What the fuck was it? It just came tumbling down and Charles was like "My hard work!" before giving Lelouch his Code. How did he build it? What was it?
>>
>>13493699
There wasn't anything wrong with Rolo being the replacement. That wasn't why Lelouch remembered, so the memory trick worked fine until C.C. showed up.
>>
>>13496018

As far as I know, he used the connected ruins all over the world to open the thought elevator. Which would then apparently let those columns reach Jupiter in a metaphysical plane and destroy it, thus turning everyone into the same being by breaking down the barriers of individuality. But It's just magic, really.
>>
>>13496018
I am confused about Charles singing the Nyanruko theme song.
https://youtu.be/RYDO2-wVimA
How did that contribute to the Thought Elevator? Why Kamehameha?
>>
>>13496027
>thus turning everyone into the same being by breaking down the barriers of individuality.

I don't think it was full Evangelion. From what they talked like it sounded like it would forcibly link the minds of everyone in the world and all the "dead" souls. Then you could converse with dead folks, and nobody could lie to each other because everyone would know what each other was thinking. Bismarck tells Schinzel he can be in position to be world leader when Charles is done, just that politics will be completely different (since everyone knows what everyone is thinking and nobody can lie) which wouldn't really work if everyones one big creature.
>>
I thought Lelouch liked Rolo at the end. I liked him at the end.
>>
>>13496552
He said that everyone would lose their masks, which is the personas that allow us to lie to each other, since we couldn't really do that as part of a collective of some sort. He also mentioned being able to meet and talk to the dead again.
>>
>>13495992
You mean 90% of this board?
>>
>>13493707
>They moved the timeslot and rewrote the whole show, into garbage.
The show was already garbage. This is like saying Destiny turned SEED into garbage.
>>
>>13497423
0/10 trolling effort
>>
>>13497469
>NO U

Great argument
>>
>>13495979
more details, please.
>>
>>13493837
It gets much less sad when you remember Charles' VA saying "i wish i were a bird".
>>
>>13493606
Lelouch is a cunt, more news at 11.
>>
>>13501966
Okay anon, that changed my whole perspective.
>>
>>13493606

Nunnally is everything to Lulu. EVERYTHING.

It's so important to him that the world is kinder for her that He killed himself knowing that she would never want him to die for her. It's so important to him that he would shatter her present to give her the future.

Now you find out your arch enemy has replaced the only thing you care about with an spy/assassin trained to contain you by any means necessary.

Until the Shirley incident he had been willing to manipulate him as a tool since Rolo had emotional weakness to Lulu. It's a testament to Rolo's emotional instablity and Lulu's skill as a manipulator that he decided to save him.

To address the points directly

Rolo is not Nunnally and that's all that matters.

He's an enemy and he just destroyed all that remains of Lulu Lamperouge.

Rolo had a soft heart under his conditioning, He rather liked being Lulu's brother. It was a feeling he hadn't had the opportunity to experience before.He died because he'd rather have died as Rolo Lamperouge than return to Charles. While Lulu vi Britannia convinced himself Rolo was an essential tool discarded when broken, Lulu Lamperouge would welcomed Rolo as long as he still had his Nunnally
>>
>>13493699
According to Oz the Reflection, Rolo wasn't the first choice. A girl named Clara was, but she got killed while Lelouch was in Europe
>>
>>13493606
Come on dude. We all hated Rolo and wanted him to die horribly and painfully. The fact that the show actually did that AND tear us apart emotionally was one of the highlights of the show.
>>
>>13502971
>AND tear us apart emotionally
Only if you were a complete fucking faggot
>>
>>13502971

Not really. I didn't feel sad at all for Rolo when he died. After all the trouble he caused dying for Lelouch was the least he could do.

Hell I wish Lelouch had told him to his face he was still a fuckup and he hated him as he died.
>>
>>13502971
I did feel somewhat sad at the scene when he finally died, but I do think he deserved it. Liked that Lelouch lied to him in order to let him die happ too.
>>
>>13502992
This

My only regret is that Rolo didn't suffer more and have Lelouch condemn and disown him as he dies. Rolo's a sack of shit and only those with addled minds would think otherwise.
>>
>>13503160
>>13503047
"It looks like you've already said that"
>>
>>13493606
>>13502971
He was literally a psycho faggot and deserved worse than he got. I thought it was bullshit that Lelouch seemed to feel a little bad when he died, cause I sure as hell wouldn't have.
>>
>>13503171
Rolo didn't die to save you, so of course you didn't feel bad.
>>
>>13503047
>>13503160
Also how the fuck are you suppose to feel over such a hamfisted and rushed scene from one of the worst episodes in the show? The circumstances behind his death are so stupid and contrive its hard to feel anything, its also funny how he had a better death scene than fucking Shirley. Okiuchi is more edgy than Urobuchi.
>>
>>13503235
You claim it is the worst, but the scenes with Rolo in them aren't bad at all. There's nothing contrived about it. His heart being vulnerable due to time stop overuse was revealed like half a dozen episodes before he died. Plenty of time. I don't get why you are calling his dead scene better than Shirley's since the circumstances are totally different.
>>
>>13503171
Lelouch was likely more moved by the fact that even though he disowned Rolo, and told him about how he had tried to kill him, and how he never loved him, he still gave his everything to save him. Rolo didn't just save Lelouch, he repeatedly toki yo tomare'd their way to safety even though it eventually killed him.
>>
>>13503390
>but the scenes with Rolo in them aren't bad at all
No it's really bad especially the music that plays during it and it is incredibly contrived given the circumstances of the escape. It was poorly written.
>>
>>13503628
Music is great. You must be deaf.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.