[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it underrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 644x695) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 644x695
Is it underrated?
>>
If anything it's overrated.
>>
>>13485611
gay
>>
Not really
>>
It has a GOAT soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDey_X095-Q
>>
It was absolutely horrible, honestly. The only thing I've watched this year that I actually had to pause just to say "What the fuck?" a few times.
>>
When it comes to 3.0
I'm not sure if Anno wants to do something new, and try to influence the industry like he did with NGE; or if he has no idea what he's doing; or even if he really thought it was good and fucked it up unintentionally.
It's a movie that makes no sense, and imo, lies to the Shinji and by extension the audience. Kaworu fucked the world up, but doesn't want Shinji to blame him, that's the only explanation.
>>
Yes, reprehensibly so.
>>
>>13485611
It's pretty awful desu.
>>
>>13485611
>totally shit and most people seem to think this
It's exactly-rightly-rated
>>
>>13485747
Anno doesn't ever do anything new on purpose. Even the Eva TV series itself wasn't meant to be anything new or outstanding, it only ended up that way because Anno was depressed.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ncwqsq7SEl1s7yoju.png (239 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ncwqsq7SEl1s7yoju.png
239 KB, 500x353
>>13485747
Actually, Anno wants you to hate Shinji, even more than you probably did before the movie. Kaworu acted like a complete tool but he's hot therefore he's always right.
>>
Litterally the only good thing to come out of Eva
>>
Movie was pretty bad. Parts with Mari were hella fuckin epic though :-3
>>13486075
>tumblr
>Kaworufag
ebin
>>
>>13485611

Personally, I liked it but Anno is really trying to push the meta-narrative a bit too hard. Still appreciate the giant middle finger he gave to Gurrenfags though.
>>
>>13485611

In terms of quality it's not much different from the original Evangelion, but that hit at the right time and this is just beating a dead horse.
>>
>>13486507
None of the rebuilds have ever come close to the original other than the Ramiel fight in the first movie.
>>
>>13485613
>3.33
>overrated

literally HOW

Also I love the ost, it's the one objectively good thing from it.
>>
>>13486525
Because there are some people out there that think it's not irredeemable dogshit or think that it even has elements that aren't total shit.

Ergo some people rate it higher than they should. It's a 1/10 not a 3/10.
>>
>>13486531
The gay piano scene is pretty nice desu. 2/10
>>
>>13486531
>it even has elements that aren't total shit.

The Eva with 4 arms is cool. The msuic is good.
>>
File: Wrong!.gif (1 MB, 270x150) Image search: [Google]
Wrong!.gif
1 MB, 270x150
>>13486533
>>13486534
See, like I said it's overrated.
>>
>>13486507

Finally. Somebody that gets it.
>>
>>13486562
If you think 3.0 is anywhere near as well executed as episode 24 from the original series, you are delusional.
>>
>>13486507
....huh. Never thought of it like that...
>>
The time skip was a neat idea on paper but was handled terribly. Especially when characters who know what is going on and what happened are intentionally vague about what happened when Shinji asks. It came across like Anno didn't want to commit to detailing the time gap and intentionally railroaded the narrative to prevent any info/discussion about it.

Also, many hate 3.33 for basically giving the middle finger to 2.22 fans. Everything Shinji did in that movie is completely invalidated in 3.33.
>>
>>13486454

says some faggot spoilering a lionface.
>>
>>13485611
It's over rated.
>>
File: wrong.jpg (24 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
wrong.jpg
24 KB, 500x380
>>13486460
>Still appreciate the giant middle finger he gave to Gurrenfags though.
>>
>>13485611
It's worth than anything else in the entire series
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.