[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Gundam manga are worth reading? Which do you guys consider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: F90-cover.jpg (200 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
F90-cover.jpg
200 KB, 800x1200
What Gundam manga are worth reading? Which do you guys consider required reading?

Why do no Gundam manga get translated anymore?
>>
>>13479981
F90's not very good
Silhouette F91 is breddy good
Crossbone + skull heart + steel seven are alright
Feddie Hooligans is really good
>>
>>13479988
I was planning on checking out the Crossbone stuff eventually and Feddie Hooligans but not the other one, thanks.

There are just so many in UC alone I'm almost at a loss for what to read.
>>
The Astray manga are pretty good, if you aren't immediately turned off by CE.
>>
Build Fighters Amazing
>>
>>13480004
Astray is that rare shitty tie-in kids manga which manages to be way more entertaining than the source material.
>>
>>13479981

Honestly, the only Gundam manga I really enjoyed are The Origin and Thunderbolt. The rest is pretty bad, but I'm always up for someone to change my mind.
>>
The Plot to Assassinate Gihren.
>>
Not Blue Destiny, that's shit.
>>
>>13480181
This is the correct answer. Best gundam manga around.
>>
Federation Hooligans is the best manga.

Gundam Legacy, Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story From Encounter in Space, Kidou Senshi Gundam Senki - Lost War Chronicles, Mobile Suit Gundam Acguy 2250 miles of North America crossing and my second favourite after Hooligans: Kidou Senshi Gundam U.C. Hard Graph - Tetsu no Kanba
>>
File: TEST-BED_ .jpg (200 KB, 620x877) Image search: [Google]
TEST-BED_ .jpg
200 KB, 620x877
The 0083 reboot is pretty rad and crosses over with a few other Gundam manga.

There's a Nanai Miguel sidestory I read a while back (forgot what it's called) that gives a lot more context to Char's actions during CCA.

Char's Deleted Affair, Zeta Define, and the various Crossbone titles are all pretty good if you don't mind idiosyncratic art styles and hit-or-miss mech design.

Heard good things about the G Gundam reboot, I've sadly not found a translation for myself though.

Seconding Tetsu no Kanba, F91 Silhouette, Feddie Hooligans, Thunderbolt, Plot to Assassinate Gihren.
>>
The Glory of Losers is cool if you liked Wing.
>>
>>13479981
The best:
Gundam Sousei

Very good:
Kidou Senshi Gundam: The Origin
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Gihren Assassination Plot

Good:
Developers - Mobile Suit Gundam Before One Year War

Okayish:
Kidou Senshi Gundam Senki: Lost War Chronicles
Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Space, to the End of a Flash

Medicore:
Kidou Senshi Gundam: Acguy Hokubei Oudan 2250 Miles
Stampede: The Story of Professor Minovsky
Kidou Senshi Gundam: Orera Renpou Gurentai
Kidou Senshi Gundam: C.D.A. - Wakaki Suisei no Shouzou

Bad:
Kidou Senshi Gundam Gaiden: The Blue Destiny

Terrible:
Kidou Senshi Gundam-san
>>
>>13479981
Also nozaku still translates things.
So do Zeonic-Corps
>>
How's Katana? I heard it was a sequel to Hooligans? Really I'm just in it for the GM Striker Custom.
>>
>>13481739
Do you have any leads on scans for Story of Professor Minovsky?
>>
>>13481739
>Developers - Mobile Suit Gundam Before One Year War

The one with the chubby Zeke girl who loses weight by sweating it out in the cockpit simulator? That was surprisingly good, did they ever finish translating it?
>>
>>13480004
I haven't been able to find anything scanlated from Astray except for X Astray and one of the series from like 2011. Has anyone actually done the beginning?
>>
>>13484527
It's got an official translation, but no scans strangely enough.
>>
Is Gundam Legacy any good?
>>
It's a tough choice. IMO Gundam manga has never been that great. (Origin being a huge exception. Yas is amazing)

I'd say go with the 0083 manga that is running right now. It's basically doing an Origin take on the 0083 story and reworking bits so they work better and tie into other gundam projects.

This actually makes me curious what Vertical is going to do with their follow up to Origin. They have to be worried that whatever they do next won't have the same level of success.
>>
>>13479981
I'm reading Thunderbolt right now and it's really good in my opinion. I recommend that one.
>>
>>13484704
>This actually makes me curious what Vertical is going to do with their follow up to Origin
pls f91
>>
>>13482701
http://www.4shared.com/get/D2qZXPIM/Stampede_-_The_Story_of_Profes.html#!
That took some effort to find. If I didn't read it earlier (how the hell I found it then) I would think that it wasn't translated.
>>13484465
>did they ever finish translating it?
Nozaku did.
>>
>>13484673
Yes, but read others manga that a whole lot of characters appears here are worked out in other works, its really good conclusion to a lot of characters.
>>
>>13484673
Yeah but it works as a sequel of sorts to other side story manga/games. Lost War Chronicles, Space To The End In A Flash, and the game Zeonic Front are the most relevent, though there is stuff related to Blue Destiny in one of the vignettes.
>>
>>13484830
what is up with 4shared? All I get is stupid advertising banners and no file.
>>
>>13488450
I don't know. Downloaded it by proxy site.
speedyshare , com / sKzfR / Stampede-The-Story-of-Professor-Minovsky-by-bonog93 , rar
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.