[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best Dynasty Warriors Gundam game for the PS3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4
File: Gundam_Musou.jpg (164 KB, 450x520) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_Musou.jpg
164 KB, 450x520
What's the best Dynasty Warriors Gundam game for the PS3? I'm probably only going to play one, and you folks'd probably know better than /v/ which is the most feature rich.
>>
The consensus seems to be a tossup between Reborn and 3. I don't know the details as I haven't played Reborn yet, but it apparently plays more like a sequel to DWG2 than 3.

It does have the largest roster though.
>>
>>13479587
dunno. 3 seems weird, at least as far initial impressions go.
I'd say got with Reborn instead.
also you can't switch to JP voices until you beat 2 missions in DW Gundam 3, and there is no non-crossover stories.
>>
>>13479645

I'll go with Reborn, then. Crossovers are great and all, but I kinda wanted to fuck around in individual scenarios, too.
>>
3 was really fun gameplay-wise, but then you notice that it's the same maps over and over with very little variation.
You start to beat maps within a few minutes sometimes and you jack the difficulty up to the hardest where you have to be constantly mashing the dash button or the fodder will combo you once and murder you.

It's a massive grind with very little payoff beyond "you can play this mech now!"

It made me depressed and I thought I hated videogames for about a week and a half.

100%, no platinum, buy it if you're not a completionist and want to dash around blowing up hundreds of Zakus.

Don't know about the other games, but they probably have better maps.
>>
>>13479580
>>13479587
>>13479645
>>13479678
>>13479703
Hyrule Warriors > Reborn=2 > 1 > powergap > shit > 3

3 isn't worth your time. Reborn fixes the problems 3 had and 1 and 2 have better campaigns.
>>
>>13479753
HW is so good. really hard to get back to other musous after it.
Especially was a wrong idea to expect something similar from DQ H. Stages there are so.. short. at least 2 hours in. Visuals, story, characters and cutscenes are top notch tho.
>>
Dynasty Warrior Gundam Empire when
>>
>>13479771
>custom 2d pilot sprites
>custom MS paintjobs
>custom scenarios, DW8 style
The only thing that would make me jizz harder would be Warriors Orochi Empires
>>
>>13479753
I'll second this.

Despite people bitching that Seed got a lot of love, it's got much better game play than 3. Meanwhile, for non-Official Mode stuff 2 and 1 are much better.

And haven't played much lately since I'm waiting for the 3DS version to update, but I love Hyrule Warriors. It's got solid game play.
Plus, still has room to improve if they make a sequel, which I hope happens.
>>
>>13479580
Best Story Mode: DWG1
Best Maps: DWG2, UC fan wank story mode
Best Gameplay: DWG3, return of good story mode but the worst maps ever

DWG4 no one bought because it was just SEED/Destiny fan wank with little to nothing else that was new.
>>
>>13479703
>100%, no platinum,
It has a platinum trophy. what version were you seeing this?
>>
>>13479771
Don't make me want something I'll never have.
>>
>>13480433
No.

Best story: 1
Best maps: 2
Best graphics/art: 3
Best gameplay: 4/Reborn
>>
Having played 2, 3, and R:

2 has far and away the best maps, 3 has the worst. R's maps are okay but not nearly as good as 2's.

R has shitty story modes but at least gives you good units for them, the Strike in R plays wonderfully. 2 again probably wins here, but R has the better crossover stories.

Gameplay and roster are where R shines. A lot more units are fun to use, with Strike Freedom notably standing out as having gotten an animations overhaul, and the Burst system adds another layer of complexity.

For R DLC, FA Unicorn is really the only one worth buying. It blows everything else out of the water.
>>
>>13479580
Reborn is better. Only Seedfuckers don't like it.

>>13480528
Qan[T] is better.
>>
>>13480454
>best gameplay: 4
Dear fucking christ no.

Because of how they hamfisted aerial movement, if you didn't finish off every combo with an dash cancel > guard-cancelled charge shot then combat was full of akward fucking pauses because of how every single charge attack had absurd levels of ending lag.
Not to mention the slow ascension speed coupled with the fact that you don't naturally fall (and instead snap to a literally useless hover) made aerial movement clunky as fuck.
Let us not forget enemy commanders/aces spamming boost dashes making them borderline unhittable at times.

3 has by far and away the best gameplay. Maps are really samey though.
2 has the best maps and second best gameplay but suffers greatly due to how any suits below Tier 2 are almost unplayable because of how many options they lack.
>>
>>13480610
Literally git gud.
>>
>>13480629
>git gud
>musou
At their highest difficulties they're basically forest-fire simulators mixed in with "cheese the AI that has super armor on every move and can 0-to-death you at any time if you don't spam knockdown moves".

How about you take a long walk off a short bridge.
>>
>>13480643
>cheese the AI that has super armor on every move and can 0-to-death you at any time if you don't spam knockdown moves
Total pussyboi. Maybe you should try actually increasing your stats.
>>
>>13480650
Maybe you should've actually played the True Gundam Dynasty Warrior missions and their ilk before completely maxing your stats to the point where everything dies immediately.
>>
I really want to play Reborn just to see how good the various CE ZAKUs are Slash looks best
>>
>>13480669
Or just don't completely ignore the upgrade system. I used a Strike Freedom with maxed melee, shot, armor, and thrusters, with a near-maxed defense rating, and it just came about naturally, and it was more than enough for the last two missions. I didn't grind or anything, I was rushing through the game as quickly as I could.
>>
>>13480688
All the CE suits are god-tier in Reborn.
>>
>>13481036
Is there any real difference between Strike and Strike Rogue?
>>
File: 1394522329260.jpg (82 KB, 491x361) Image search: [Google]
1394522329260.jpg
82 KB, 491x361
>Gundam Musou 5 never
>>
>>13481066
I dont think so.
>>
>>13481068
Probably after DW9 and some Western IP they keep saying they want to do.
>>
>>13481068
Considering Reborn sold like 100k digital downloads the first day or week it was out, I really really doubt Bandai would be stupid enough to at least not get out a 5th game.
>>
>>13481066
I don't remember Rouge having the Sword, Launcher, or Perfect, but I could be wrong.
>>
Oh, hey, is Gato in Reborn or just 3? I've really been on a Stardust Memory kick lately.
>>
>>13481666
He's in both, Satan.
>>
>>13481666
In both.

Also even after what, 5 or 6 years and 4 games, X is still limited to a single player and Gundam? Damn it Japan.
>>
>>13481066
>>13481125
>>13481317
Rouge only has the aile pack and a different burst ability.
>>
>>13481926
It gets worse when you realize they won't be in a hurry to include Ennil, since they'd need to recast for Chieko Honda's place.
>>
>>13481926
I'd like more Wing suits, don't like the show itself but I really like the MS designs. You think at the very least they could get the Gundam pilots. Mainly want the grunt suits, the Leo especially, though.
>>
Well fuck, I bought 3 just last week. I had no idea that "Reborn" was 4.
>>
>>13481983
3's still pretty fun.
>>
>>13481980
All that's left for Wing is Wufei/Shenlong + Altron, Quattre/Sandrock, Tallgeese III and maybe one day having DLC with the Vayaete and Mercurius.
>>
>>13481983
Its only on the PS3 for the West.
>>
>>13480434
As in, 100% of all the singleplayer stuff. I didn't bother with the garbage multiplayer more than I had to. So no platinum.
>>
File: 1413515803148.jpg (18 KB, 349x268) Image search: [Google]
1413515803148.jpg
18 KB, 349x268
>>13482769
Wufei and Quattre makes so much sense for a musou. 4 games and they're still not in. Then there's the whole G Gundam cast, and late UC, and X, and the list goes on.
>>
Am I a lone in wanting Tallgeese 3 and Taurus? Though OZ units not having melee weapons could make them difficult to make movesets for.
>>
>>13482893
Weren't there suits in Reborn that used rifles instead of sabers when you did melee? Taurus do have beam sabers.
>>
>>13482918
There's Buster Gundam where the entire movelist is all shooting attacks.
>>
>>13482918

Yeah, Quatre briefly dual wields them defending the Sanc Kingdom but usually you see Taurus pilots or MD using elbow attacks.
>>
>>13482889
>all the characters and units I was hoping to see
>the best we got was Crossbone, Stamen and Beargguy
>instead we got a Seed and Unicorn circlejerk
>>
>>13482918
Heavyarms, Buster, and one of the Druggie gendums are shooting-only, yes.

I for one just want Wing grunts because Leos are the original Explodium units and I have been fantasizing about destroying them en masse since the very first game in this series.
>>
>>13482967
>liked Beargguy
Please leave.
>>
>>13482985
Beargguy is a work of art and deserves to be in the game more than any CE fucking shits
>>
>>13482967
Well, after blowing their load on SEED/Destiny, maybe other series can finally shine
>>
There's not any MS in the musou games with something like planet defensors are there? Could possibly make a move set consisting of different ways of moving that force field into enemies and damaging them while chalking it up to human pilots being more creative then mobile doll AI.
>>
File: 1439357670892.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1439357670892.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>13483023
I think Nu Gundam is the only one with that kind of barrier, but it puts it around itself and you simply walk into suits to destroy them.

If you want to set barriers and traps, then Mori from Sengoku Basara is your boy.
>>
>>13482918
Cherudim was the only good ranged unit in 3 prior and that had half to do with the fact it was DLC.

>>13482889
Yeo they make sense. X is pretty much ignored, G should have at least the Shuffle Alliance to go with the Devil Gundam, Master Gundam, and Domon's Shining/God Gundam.

>>13482971
Cherudim too.

>>13482967
Qan[t]a was great too.
>>
>>13482893
>Though OZ units not having melee weapons could make them difficult to make movesets for.

I remember the Taurus blowing up other grunt suits by just jabbing its elbow at enemies. So they could just do that.
>>
>>13479867
Could Lu Bu take on a Zaku?
>>
>>13483663
when are they gonna add the LuBu tallgeese?
>>
>>13479771
Do I get to marry and have kids with the Nu?
>>
Just recently finished playing reborn.

The last level is fucking stupid. It forces you to play on the hardest difficulty so if you haven't been leveling up that one pilot and that one specific Gundam, you are fucked.
>>
>>13483868
You could always get good.
>>
>>13481068
these games are like 50% reused content at least, they'd be silly not to

I just want to play as the G-Lucifer and possibly a recksnow
>>
>>13482889
>>13483918
I figure that they'll eventually run out of Gundams and other units to add anyway (although it won't help if they group AGE with the other recent series as top priority).
>>
>>13484329
They still need to finish out G, W, and 00 before they start focusing on the non-Gundam suits from the less popular or relevant shows. I still want to see the Trinity Siblings's Thrones and Ali's Arche as well as the Gadessa and Garazzos from 00 in the next Gundam Musou game.
>>
>>13483868
Just use a mobile armor.
>>
>>13479580
None of them give you everthing you want. 2 have actual story mode's for each series. Reborn has the best gameplay.
>>
>>13483901
>git gud
>at a DW game
The game is too simple to allow it. You can chain combos 'til the thruster gauge gives out, it still doesn't help if you aren't doing enough damage.

>>13485695
>mobile armor
Not even once.
>>
>>13488176
Reborn has stories for each series too.
>>
>>13491971
>The game is too simple to allow it. You can chain combos 'til the thruster gauge gives out, it still doesn't help if you aren't doing enough damage.
so you never played anything aside of story stuff in musou games? Story mode in such games is basically a tutorial.
>>
>>13488176
1 is the only fucking one of them that actually treats it like a crossover, instead of a musou game that just so happens to have gundam characters from all over.

This is just storywise, because obviously gameplay-wise it's exactly that.
>>
>>13492467
Huh?

The level I was talking about is in the Ultimate mode, not the story mode.
>>
I like Three.
>>
Which game has the most customization to offer? The pilot skills and parts attachment system in 2 was great, did they improve on that?
>>
>>13483663
Lube Bu could take on a whole army in space, he does not need a mobile suit. Why? Because he is motherfucking Lube Bu.
>>
Just play 3. The maps do not fucking matter at all. It's the same shit every game regardless. 3 has the best gameplay/suit balance for your buck.
>>
>>13497850
Could Lu Bu take out Master Asia?
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.