[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes this guy a hero? He may as well be a Zeon soldier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
What makes this guy a hero?

He may as well be a Zeon soldier or a member of the A Laws considering his behaviour
>>
File: 1447011199176.png (947 KB, 595x950) Image search: [Google]
1447011199176.png
947 KB, 595x950
>>13479233
Who said he has to be a hero?
He's a soldier.
He does what soldiers do.
>>
>>13479242
It's not like he can stop.
>>
>>13479233
He's not a hero, he's just a mercenary, and kind of a sociopath. That's the point.

His character will probably grow to be something heroic.
>>
>>13479247
He is dangerous.
>>
>>13479252
You might say he's the most dangerous
>>
>>13479233
what gundam MC ever starts off as a hero?
most of them are either
1) kids thrown into war unexpectedly
2) soldiers doing their job

domon was basically blackmailed into fighting
I think flit is the only one who piloted a gundam with the intent to save people form the get go.
>>
>>13479233

i think mika is a pretty cool guy

I mean he shoots ppl and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
Are you guys missing Kira or what?
I thought a cold blooded merc soldier without MUH IDEALS/MUH PEACE who just does what he needs to do was exactly the kind of MC /m/ wanted in a Gundam show.
>>
>>13479280

it is what I want but ppl will always find something to complain.

I find it moves the story forward quicker.
>>
>>13479280
If he was over the age of 30 we'd have regular threads gushing over how great he is.

The point is that /m/ asks for one thing and then there are just as many people if not more who will whine to the ends of the earth about it. And people on /m/ absolutely adore complaining.
>>
>>13479233

it is winter in canada right now and I am fucking freezing. i need mikas comfy jacket

to feel the comfyness
>>
>>13479233
You didn't realize Zeon is Tekkadan already?
>>
>Iron-Blooded Orphans is better at showing than telling.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/mobile-suit-gundam-iron-blooded-orphans/episode-6/.95158
>>
>>13479291
Imagine if they introduced Chirico Cuvie today.

Half of the board would go apeshit.
>>
>>13479322
it is when it comes to character interactions. World Building exposition is typical Gundam
>>
>>13479326
I can already see the main page flooded with IS HE AUTIST threads.
>>
>>13479330
>character interactions.
Are very dry and mostly just people giving exposition at each other. Mostly exposition on stuff we have already been told a few times
>>
>>13479330
>it is when it comes to character interactions.
You mean when Orga ha to point out he is under a lot of pressure, even if that is never really shown to us? Or you mean when they said orphans have hard lives for the 10th time?
>>
man a lot of people rally want to hate this show its been great so far.
>>
>>13479355
anon, character interaction isn't about seeing how characters act together. It's about being told what they think of each other!

IBO is very realistic like 00, that's what ANN said. I think a lot of anime fans like being told what to think or make the series what they want in their head
>>
>>13479364
>>13479363
Orga was asked a question by Biscuit he answered. How is that hard to understand? Biscuit is intuitive and close enough to Orga to ask the hard questions. The scene shows that even Biscuit is not have complete faith in Orga.

It was convenient exposition to show Orga's thoughts and Buscuit's faith. It's like you think there doesn't have a shred of exposition. It's funny when the Gundam franchise is littered with exposition and you'd like to single out this one show because people like it
>>
>>13479371
Yes, and? That doesn't contradict this show is mostly tell don't show. Very little feels like we are naturally learning about the world and characters, we just stop for info dumps
>>
>>13479383
I'd agree with the world building shit but the character interactions/moments are more or less fluid. The whole Mika killing crank prtecting Atra's bracelt showed tons about his character. When Atra was worried about Mika this episode all he did was show her the bracelet she made him. Those were sweet moments. How about Orga snooping at Kudelia's lesson and being proud of Mika? How about Judelia being visibly worried when Fumitan was able to make herself of use on the ship before she could? She even shook the hand of the Human Debris boy.
>>
>>13479391
The problem is those are tiny moments inbetween very dry interaction, some of which is used to just explain what the character thinks anyway so those moments are a bit lost. Kudelia being embarrassed about her cooking in front of Mika is good, but then we get a few scenes of her explaining exactly how she feels just to make sure the audience knows
>>
>>13479401
dry interaction is only your opinion though.
>>
>>13479363
>>13479371
Meh.

It's not what I hoped it would be. The action has been alright so far, and the old man's death was well-executed, with a good bit of weight to it, but the way the show feels it needs to remind us of every element of its concept every episode is beginning to grate on me. The worst part is that there's virtually no new information on most of them (Earth/Mars political situation, Angry Manjew system, kids had a hard life, etc.), so the show just reiterates what it told us the first time.

Most of the character interaction is based around the characters giving each other exposition we already know. It's not even interesting information: this is shit that belongs in a boilerplate montage voiceover like Planetes and 00 had, if we have to be force-fed it every episode.

>>13479391
True, delivering this shit to each other has provided a few good (if unsubtle) moments, but those same moments could have happened around more interesting dialogue.

Also, the characters, and the factions, are painfully one-dimensional at this point. Now that Grafter McHeadbang is dead and Hitler Tubbs in gone, there's no internal struggle at Gjallarhorn, and there's no real dissent in Tekkadan. The characters are (excepting Chocolate Man, but only because we haven't gotten his exposition yet) earnest and straightforward. Punk Rock Archer's inner worries are the most we've gotten in that line, and they're pretty basic.
>>
>>13479406
It is one that is supported by the show

Scenes like Char and Ein are just boring talking about stuff we know. They don't do anything with this scene when a smarter series would. You could have Char laugh at his plan for revenge as he sees it as pointless and a way to get killed, or he could strongly commend it showing he sees standing for what you believe in as important and making a bond between the characters. Instead they just sort of talk and QUALITY occurs.

Similar problem with the Orga scene about Mika. Orga just tells us what he thinks, you don't figure anything out from interactions you are just told what he thinks. Biscuit sort of stands up but then doesn't so we don't find anything out about him either, they didn't go enough one way with that for it to be any strong indication of character. They could instead used that Mika Orga scene to show these characters are working to help each other and put that above everything else, this would also be much better for the brotherly relationship they want to push
>>
>>13479429
but there is literally nothing wrong with that kind of exposition with Orga. What is wrong with Orga telling his trusted confidant about stuff he'd never say to anyone else?
>>
All this talk of dialogue makes me wish there was a writer who made the exposition dialogue work while maintaining verisimilitude and sad that we'll never get one.
>>
this thread is shit
>>
>>13479464
Because it is a boring and lazy way to develop a character. It is tell don't show in a visual medium
>>
>>13479466
>exposition dialogue work while maintaining verisimilitude

The best version of this usually features scientists who are incredibly excited about their inventions, and just love telling people about them in an overly-bubbly fashion.
>>
>>13479468
another opinion.
>>
>>13479371
>The scene shows that even Biscuit is not have complete faith in Orga.

..that's because Biscuit has a life outside of the PMC while everybody else is pretty okay with living 2fast2furious.
>>
>>13479280
No one wanted this

>>13479287
>but ppl
Opinion discarded.
>>
File: 1408521277305.jpg (45 KB, 720x695) Image search: [Google]
1408521277305.jpg
45 KB, 720x695
>>13479233
>anon doesn't get the concept of an anti-hero
This explains entirely too much about 4chan in general.
>>
Well so was Kamille
>>
>>13479475
otaku of various stripes can work like Yukari from GuP, but it can get tired very quickly. Explaining a basic thing like Ahab reactors should be left to clueless characters like civilians, or if they're really ubiquitous, children asking what they are. Say someone asks me what a nuclear power plant is; I'm not going to explain the principles behind it, I'd tell them it generates power and if prompted, that it does by using the heat generatex by nuclear reactions. It seems writing dialogue that sounds like it came from a human being is still a rarity.
>>
>>13479233
Maybe he'll be an hero.
>>
>>13479233
when was he called a hero again
>>
>>13479407
>The worst part is that there's virtually no new information on most of them (Earth/Mars political situation, Angry Manjew system, kids had a hard life, etc.)

Dude, they just spend a good five minutes telling us why mars is so shit, that there's 4 economic blocs on Earth, and that each one controls colonies on places like Mars and Jupiter. They also explained that Barbatos was one of 72 gundam frames and all of them fought in the Calamity war. Also, dual Ahab reactor? Is this a 00 reference I see before me?
>>
>>13479477
Not him, but what are you hoping to accomplish by pointing out the post was his opinion? We're all talking about our opinions about robot cartoons here, not some objective truths.

Is it some /v/ thing?
>>
>>13479625
not him but
>4 economic blocs on Earth, and that each one controls colonies on places like Mars and Jupiter
not new

>72 gundam frames and all of them fought in the Calamity war
The exact number is new but them being a thing and fighting isn't

>Also, dual Ahab reactor? Is this a 00 reference I see before me?
No just a general lack of originality

I think what he means is we don't experience much new. There are like tiny snipits of sort of new inbetween the old but characters aren't interacting with the world when we find it out

>>13479662
Someone shouting that's just opinions usually just doesn't have anything to say
>>
Clearly this is an outstandingly, sociable and harmless individual.

OP is full of shit.
>>
>>13479698
That's new. The only thing we had to go on before was a damn map McGillis had. No details were given then. The details of the blocs are new like the leader of ARBRAU willing to talk. It shows that Gallajorn has these 4 blocks by the balls
>>
>>13479751
No they said mars was owned and split between the blocs
>>
>>13479233
>What makes this guy a hero?

He isn't. The character designer officially states things like he's a graceful simpleton who just goes along with anything he trusts to be sincere.

He's like a cockroach that survives anything and everything people throw at him and he walks out of it with a spotless conscience.
>>
>>13479310
Zeon is Mars. or rather Mars is currently side 3 and will become Zeon after Jewhime gains Martian independence but loses influence over its governance.
>>
File: 1444688708706.jpg (302 KB, 500x975) Image search: [Google]
1444688708706.jpg
302 KB, 500x975
>>13480113
>implying Jewhime isn't Zeon Zum Daikun's mother
>>
>>13479233
He fights for his friends!
>>
>>13479242
Soldier follow order and when the time come, has to trust his heart over his order.
>>
File: 00 exia.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
00 exia.webm
1 MB, 854x480
>>13479233

What makes this guy a hero?

He may as well be a Titan soldier or a member of the A Laws considering his behaviour
>>
>>13479233
He fights to protect children and keep his people alive
>>
>>13479233
>He may as well be a Zeon soldier

somebody post that pic of the zeon soldiers dropping off that family
>>
>>13479233
What makes that guy a villain?
>>
I fucking love that he's no whiny faggot. That will make me all the more disappointed when Orga dies and he'll be forced to 'develop'.
>>
lol, /m/ is pulling out all the stops

he wants to make a better life for his friends and comrades, a place to belong. this has been stated multiple times.
>>
File: REAL-HUMAN-BEAN.png (1 MB, 958x1617) Image search: [Google]
REAL-HUMAN-BEAN.png
1 MB, 958x1617
Well anon, the song said he was.
>>
>>13480243
Like Zeon
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.