[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
yfw you think about CCA so hard and long that Unicorn starts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: desperation intensifying.jpg (125 KB, 1094x591) Image search: [Google]
desperation intensifying.jpg
125 KB, 1094x591
yfw you think about CCA so hard and long that Unicorn starts making sense
>>
>>13474005
>Unicorn starts making sense

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>13474005
I don't know what way your brain works mate. The more you think about either of them, the less sense Unicorn makes.
>>
File: mpv-shot0131.jpg (111 KB, 1332x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0131.jpg
111 KB, 1332x720
>>13474005
LALAH STOP MAKING CCA THREADS!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxgCLeigNQw
>>
>>13474131
If they edit it like that you can barely tell it apart from a normal acid video... well, insofar as normal goes for that.
>>
I actually just watched CCA for the first time.. Finished it about 10 min ago....I never should have.. The loss I feel right now..
>>
>>13474005
you mean how it ruins the message of CCA completely and is absolute trash?
I know right?
>>
>>13474005
I just watched this 2 days ago and it had some nice action, but other than that it was a stupid waste of time, sort of like Zeta
>>
>>13474262

I'll forever find this funny after Tomino said that he thought the 7th episode was well made.
>>
>>13474327

That was probably just due to the stealth Ideon reference.
>>
>>13474005
>we want manchildren money
Unicorn always made perfect sense.
>>
File: 1415313449967.jpg (228 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1415313449967.jpg
228 KB, 1280x720
>>13474315
I guess it's time to rewatch Reco.
>>
>>13474393

It makes as much sense as Char's Counterattack then.
>>
>>13474401
CCA was a conclusion to Char's character at least. Unicorn was literally beating a dead horse to death.
>>
>>13474315
CCA is a condensed Zeta. Way better.
>>
>>13474404

It'd be fine if Char was an interesting character in it, but he isn't. He's just a regression of Char back to exactly like people loved him in 0079 to capitalize as much as possible on that popularity.
>>
>>13474487
>He's just a regression of Char back to exactly like people loved him in 0079
>implying people didn't like Quattro
All the signs were pointing at Char regressing to his old vengeful persona, even Tomino initial plans for 0079 were pointing in that direction. The most ironic is that Char had never been as true to himself as the last we saw him in CCA.
>>
>>13474512

> implying people don't like Quattro

People like Quattro. A lot more people like Char Aznable. This is at least partially because a lot more people like 0079 over Zeta, but Char is more beloved than Quattro regardless.

> All the signs were pointing at Char regressing to his old vengeful persona

Not really.

> even Tomino's initial plans for 0079 were pointing in that direction.

And this is just plain made up. Tomino's original plan for the anime called for Gihren to pin a medal on Char to rub in just how much he'd helped Gihren in his plans and then for Char to help the White Base crew when they assault his palace to make up for his mistake. The novelization has Char join the White Base crew after Amuro is killed. And the initial plans for Z and Zeta part II called for Char to become an anti-hero who kills the heads of the Federation Government along with Haman and lives to see Judau inspire the majority of people leave Earth for space. He even becomes a hero in Gaia Gear.

Nowhere was he supposed to become a vengeful villain outside of Char's Counterattack.

> The most ironic is that Char has never been as true to himself as the last we saw him in Char's Counterattack

That's because he's the distilled essence of 0079 Char writ in large bold letters so people couldn't miss it.
>>
>>13474564
>Tomino's original plan for the anime called for Gihren to pin a medal on Char to rub in just how much he'd helped Gihren in his plans and then for Char to help the White Base crew when they assault his palace to make up for his mistake. The novelization has Char join the White Base crew after Amuro is killed. And the initial plans for Z and Zeta part II called for Char to become an anti-hero who kills the heads of the Federation Government along with Haman and lives to see Judau inspire the majority of people leave Earth for space.
That sounds like a nice Charwank fanfic.
>>
>>13474849

> Tomino
> Char fanfic
>>
>>13474487
>He's just a regression of Char back to exactly like people loved him in 0079
You kidding, right? Nips HATED Char from CCA! It was a complete destruction of why they loved him. Char in CCA is no longer the awesome pilot with a high goal and blah blah, in CCA he is a weak piece of shit and Tomino tires to humiliate him in any scene. He talks of himself like a clown, he cries in the arm of a women, he fight because he is butthurt for Amuro being a better pilot (talk about EPIC motivation for a final showdown between the two most loved characters!).
>>
>>13475234
>he cries in the arm of a women
But he doesn't. If I had a woman, I would bury my face in her body sometimes.
>He talks of himself like a clown
Because he doesn't like being a public person, even though he's talented.
>>
>>13475299
>Because he doesn't like being a public person
Because he knows he is not fit to be a leader.
Because he knows he is just fighting to have another chance to beat Amuro.

CCA Char is really not the same Char from 0079.
>>
>>13474327
>Crazy bullshit newtype powers
>Tomino liking it
Why is this a surprise to anyone?
>>
>>13474005
Tomino was just trolling CCA ending. Fukui makes it clearer for the audience in Unicorn.

But make no mistake though... if it's shit it's still shit. It's just become clearer it is shit.
>>
>>13474005
Unicorn already made sense though.
>>
>>13474327
From what I can tell Tomino's taste with anime series is a lighthearted one.
He seems to like things with hopeful peaceful themes and tones regardless of how it fits into canon.
Tomino's own perspective is probably one where he just sees these as stories
>>
>>13474315
Jesus christ, guys, I leave for a couple of years, come back and find everyone hating on Zeta? What the fuck happened? Did they re-release it with Jerid shooting Kamile first or some shit?
>>
>>13475234

> You kidding, right? Nips HATED Char from CCA!

That doesn't change that the Char in Char's Counterattack is basically the epitome of the Char people profess to love in 0079.

> It was a complete destruction of why they loved him. Char in CCA is no longer the awesome pilot with a high goal

Char didn't have a high goal in 0079. He had a goal, but "killing the guys who probably killed my dad" isn't a high goal. And regardless of whether you think Char's goal in Char's Counterattack is fighting Amuro because of Lalah, trying to secure a future for newtypes, cleansing Earth, something else or a mix of the above, none of them are any less high than his goals in 0079. Nor are his methods really any cleaner.

> in CCA he is a weak piece of shit and Tomino tires to humiliate him in any scene.

I would suggest this is partially because Tomino never intended Char to be a "cool" character, and yet that's what people saw - so when having to make him a villain again, he made him less cool to make his problems and shittiness so blatant people couldn't miss it.

>>13475327

Keep in mind I said that Char is a regression to what people loved about Char, not what Char was. Char in Char's Counterattack is once more obsessed with Amuro, is devastated over Lalah, is piloting a red suit and is a villain who presents himself as noble. That's basically what people took away from Char in 0079, and despite Char trying to move on from all of that in Zeta (and the plan was to actually have it stick originally), he's back to all of it in Char's Counterattack. I very much doubt it is coincidence that Char is back to looking and acting how he did in his most popular incarnation and fighting his most popular rival in a movie project designed to cash in on the popularity of both of them.

It's to Tomino's credit that he managed to make the transition mostly smooth (though at the expense of ZZ by the looks of things), but personally, I find Char's Counterattack Char very dull.
>>
>>13478163
Don't pretend Zeta didn't have a lot of flaws
>>
>>13475327
>CCA Char is really not the same Char from 0079.
How is he any different? Char in 0079 was fighting for revenge for his father and Char in CCA was fighting for revenge his mother. Hell in Zeta you can clearly see that Char was running away from his problems until he accepted his fate at Dakar.
>>
>>13478163
Zeta just isn't excluded from the "it's popular so we hate it" thing anymore. It has joined the ranks of 08th MS Team, G, Wing, SEED, 00, and Unicorn, Evangelion, Code Geass, and Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>13478163

Newf/a/gs are rolling in here in droves and shitting on any classic that doesn't have majorly pandering characters such as Zeta. There's also this hot new meme where ZZ is the masterpiece all along because of its boring fucking characters are almost exclusively pandering archetypes.
>>
>>13478983
But 08th MS Team deserves its hate
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.