[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally got around to watching this. Thank you 00 movie for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9
File: MSG00_-_AWOT.jpg (885 KB, 4605x6330) Image search: [Google]
MSG00_-_AWOT.jpg
885 KB, 4605x6330
Finally got around to watching this.

Thank you 00 movie for making CCA look like a masterpiece in comparison.
>>
But it's superior to CCA.
>>
People who think Trailblazer is shit are basically meme-spouting mouthbreathers.
>>
>>13471980
Its a fitting end to the 00 series, but only goes to show that 00 was made for and by shippers and memesters
>>
>>13471980

I disagree with you. It's just a very strange film, that's all. Yes, they hinted that there would be aliens, but no-one stated in the series that the aliens were COMING OUR WAY RIGHT NOW. There's a lot of difference between "Someday, when humanity becomes a spacefaring race" and "The huge societal changes - The forming of a one world government and first contact with aliens - will be happening within a decade."

I mean, I'm going to try and be objective about it. But the problem is that the aliens are simply not very interesting. More, there are a lot of bizarre scenes like Tieria dying all over again (and not being traumatized by the fact) Halle having to dodge attacking trucks with kung fu, and the weird romance plotline with Feldt that doesn't go anywhere.

It felt like this movie was completely unnecessary, to tell the truth. I would say that I found the fighting to be extremely boring, because the enemy is basically a formless mass: They don't have individual personalities, so there's no human dimension to the conflict.

I don't know, man. It simply didn't feel like a Gundam movie, though I'd be hard-pressed to explain what should be in a 00 movie.
>>
It's pretty decent. Bit of a 'fuck you' to everyone who forced the second series of 00 back towards a normal Gundam formula. It does new things and that is good.
>>
File: 00S2-24.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
00S2-24.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
>>13471945
I thought it was was fine, loved it even. I really have no idea what the controversy's about. There's nothing in the movie that contradicts the ideas, themes or characters in the series. In fact, the series openly sets itself up for it.

And don't get me started on people who didn't understand the flower. It's not even funny as a joke.
>>
>>13472101
The movie grounds itself on being the culmination of Setsuna's character arc. If you didn't care for the guy then I guess it won't do anything for you, but if you see it from his perspective then things become much more interesting. At least for me it was satisfying closure.
>>
This movie what fucking retarded, just like the rest of Gundam 00.
>>
>>13472166

Actually, there's one thing I disagree with.

See, the person they send to interact with the aliens? You'd think they would send the person filled with compassion, a guy who is the most human dude you can find. But the ambassador they send is SETSUNA.

Setsuna is about far from normal humanity as possible. He's an impossibly traumatized child soldier, stoic as all get-out, and has never had a positive human relationship. As far as I can tell, he's never been romantically involved with anyone.

What I'm saying is, he's a poor representative of humanity. Frankly, I would have sent a couple instead - One man, one woman. Like, a more conventional story would have the hero and his love interest sent in to argue on behalf of humanity.
>>
>>13472196

Oh, one more thing about that point. You'd think that the 00 Raiser was set up for that, too! You need two pilots who are in synch to do the piloting. That clearly seems to hint at 'Guy pilots, love interest in the Raiser'. But it's never really followed up - Saiji, of all people, ends up ridin' dirty, which is completely at odds with what little characterization he has.
>>
>>13472196
>>13472202

You're massively missing the point, though.
>>
>>13472196
I think Setsuna was the perfect ambassador for humanity. He's a guy who's experienced some of the worst that humanity has to offer but also continues to believe in its potential for good.

It's that kind of strength of character that I personally admire. Anything else would have been sugarcoating at best, lying at worst.
>>
>>13472211

I might be, but I'm saying that it feels wrong to me. It's like the argument for a story is "Setsuna is iconic of humanity" while he's as far from that as possible.
>>
>>13472227
Saji would have been better
>>
It still annoys me how many people missed the point of movie by focusing on their dislike (or ignorance) of superficial things like the flower, when in fact the story and the characters themselves and their actions make perfect sense in the context of the situations shown.

It's hard for me to think of a better way to end 00 than what we got since anything else, for me, would have been playing it too safe or a copout to the series' themes.

Not to say movie was perfect, but it did do the right thing by the story.
>>
>>13472228

No, he's iconic of humanity that fucks itself over constantly yet manages to climb back from the brink.

Seriously you're completely off-base with not only the movie but 00 in general. Maybe it's just not for you, man.
>>
>>13472131
It's not that it doesn't fit the themes, it just isn't very good
>>
>>13472129
I recall Mizushima saying before the movie came out something along the lines of: "change is needed but the fans are going to hate us for this".
>>
>>13472196
>What I'm saying is, he's a poor representative of humanity.

This. Setsuna is a horrible MC and an even worse "ambassador" for humanity. He is just as much as a mary sue as Kira yet because he is stoic and "cool" 00 tards love to give him a free pass.
>>
Honestly the only real issues I had was that the Quanta didn't get to really show off and there was no boss enemy for it to fight on the way to the core. I get why but it still would have been cool.
>>
>>13472196
>has never had a positive human relationship

Marina
>>
>>13472101
>It felt like this movie was completely unnecessary, to tell the truth.

Same with 00 S2. Gundam 00 should have ended with S1 and the forming of the one world government.
>>
>>13472285
>he's iconic of humanity that fucks itself over constantly yet manages to climb back from the brink.
This guy gets it. The history of man is a mess of contradictions and fucked up practices but our better natures often win out at the end.
>>
File: 13649346013.gif (703 KB, 470x311) Image search: [Google]
13649346013.gif
703 KB, 470x311
>>13471980
>00 movie
>anything but shit

That's neo /m/ for you.
>>
>>13471980
The movie is shit because 99% of it is utterly worthless. Everyone but Setsuna could have stayed home doing fuck all and the ending to the movie would have been the same regardless. The movie is LITERALLY pointless.
>>
>>13472324
People are going to give you shit for this but I agree. I would also add that his relationship to the the CB crew improves noticeably throughout the show.
>>
>>13472334
>our better natures often win out at the end.

lol

>>13472327
Season 2 was necessary, season 1 was a cliffhanger and the reactionary one world government being compromised and brutal fits for me
>>
>>13472352
Well we haven't blown up the planet yet though we certainly have the capability to do so.
>>
>People are defending this movie as the culmination of Setsuna's character arc
Seriously? It ended with magic UNDERSTANDING, just like...00 season 2. The only difference is that the movie had aliens for some reason.
>>
The movie does have issues. But can we agree that the final battle scene where Setsuna comes back is the hypest thing in Gundam?

The battle was huge, intense and the music, Final Mission - Quantum Burst matches so well scene by scene of the fight. It was awesome.
>>
>>13471945
Everything what Aeollia did (creating GNDrives, eradication War through War and killing lots and lots of civillian and soldiers in that process), it all came to that he foresaw a FRIGGIN ALIEN INVASION. U serious? We had the perfect ending: Reborns killed, A-Laws defeated, earth united. The movie was just to make even more money with selling the new toys Celestial Being had.

> Gundam is a Real Robot Show
> Aliens

Choose one.

(the *only* scene I liked when Patrick was in a pyjama and got teased by his wife Katejina)
>>
>>13472379
>But can we agree that the final battle scene where Setsuna comes back is the hypest thing in Gundam?

No.

>gundam movie

>robots aren't fighting against robots

>pilots aren't fighting pilots

Fuck this movie
>>
>>13472360
The series ended with the understanding (lower case) that bad people had to die for the world to be at peace. The movie ended with two parties understanding (again, lower case) that that they both had good intentions from the start but no way of communicating them.
>>
>>13472383

Good to know all definitions of genre have to fit into your shitty constrained views.
>>
>>13472383
>Real Robot
>Gundam
Choose one.
>>
>>13472379
Yeah sure, I liked it.
>>
It was really bad.

It basically felt like a shitty attempt at compressing all of Fafner into a movie.

The editing was all over the place and it had no real sense of voice.

It looked cool though
>>
File: AMAZING.png (851 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AMAZING.png
851 KB, 1280x720
I liked it. Hell I even thought it was better than Season 2.
>>
>>13472470
I agree. I still liked S2.
>>
If CCA focused on Amuro and Char rather than all the fuckwits around them, it could have been like an Akira-tier classic.
Like kiddies all over the place would have it on their 3x3 because it would have been that good.
>>
File: 1363393841510.jpg (67 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1363393841510.jpg
67 KB, 500x375
>>13472560
Well the Uc timeline is mainly about Bright.
>>
>>13472383
>Macross is a real robot show
>Aliens

Choose one.
>>
The Fable 2 of mecha movie endings
>>
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 1920x1080
Marina, I.....
>>
File: Blaze ahead to the heavens.jpg (90 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Blaze ahead to the heavens.jpg
90 KB, 700x700
Trailblazer would've been a good movie had 00 been a "Super Robot" anime.
I mean I personally love it, but really.
Totally Super Robot.
>>
>>13472868
>Implying 00 wasn't super robot
Celestial Being: The Movie was barely an exaggeration. Al totally may as well have been a pink-haired loli
>>
File: Age-understand.png (406 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Age-understand.png
406 KB, 853x480
>>13472850
feel awkward.
>>
>>13472905
Al is definitely the most moe CB, at least in S1.
>>
File: ayy (2).jpg (173 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ayy (2).jpg
173 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>13472348
Anyone who argues against that is an idiot, even in the movie you can see that (Specifically, how almost all the crew is worried because he's been acting distant in the days prior to and during the movie)

>>13472383
>Patrick was in a pyjama and got teased by his wife Katejina

If you can't even remember BEST CHARACTER'S relationships, you didn't watch 00.

>>13472868
Super and Real have barely any meaning anymore. In the first episode, a robot falls from fucking space, slices a bunch of shit, flies off, and clearly breaks every law of conservation of momentum because it runs on bullshit power source. If it didn't have "Gundam" in the name (Or Macross, for that matter) you'd swear up and down it was Super, but because it does, Exia is the realest real, really.
>>
>>13472958
It's stiff competition though, Setsuna and Tieria are definitely up there
>>
>>13473146
>a robot falls from fucking space
In the 1960s men in little tiny capsules fell from space.
Was that super or real?
>>
>>13473172
Falls from space and stops before hitting the ground despite showing no form of propulsion, rather.
>>
>>13473198
So you're complaining that it doesn't have primitive propulsion systems.
>>
>>13473206
"Complaining"?
>>
>>13473212
I don't understand why people automatically conflate observations with complaints and argumentation.
If only the internet had a better way to get across inflection.

Also, it was a trick question.
The capsules falling from space were faked
>>
>>13471951
Said no one with a working brain ever.
>>
>>13472275
Honest the biggest issue with the movie is not the dumb shit like space flower, it was the fact that it was a tedious 2 hours long mindless beamspam and the characters were nothing but glorified autopilot systems.

>It still annoys me how many people missed the point of movie
Selling toys?
>>
do i need to watch zz to understand char's counter attack? im 4 episodes in to zz and its just not as interesting as 0079 and zeta.
>>
>>13473728
>do i need to watch zz to understand char's counter attack?
No
>im 4 episodes in to zz and its just not as interesting as 0079 and zeta
It gets alright at the 25 ep mark
>>
>>13473728
The only things of relevance from ZZ are :

1 - Haman is defeated
2 - corrupted fucks are in charge of the federation
3 - Axis falls into the hands of the federation

Despite being almost 50 episodes long, ZZ tells pretty much nothing of value.
>>
>>13473734
>>13473760
alright im just gonna jump to
cca and put zz on the sidelines for now.
>>
>>13471945
Both Trailblazers and CCA are great.
>>
>>13472383
Can't I choose both?
>>
>>13472131
I understand the flower, but it was ridiculous and goofy. Just like the rest of the show, which is why I liked it. "We turned the enemy into a flower of peace" is basically the perfect ending of Setsuna's story.
>>
>>13473760
You can say the same for Zeta though
>Haman arrives
>Titans take control of the EFSF
>Titans are defeated
>>
>>13472101
>I mean, I'm going to try and be objective about it. But the problem is that the aliens are simply not very interesting.
I thought the ELS were an interesting enemy because they're similar to a lot of other /m/ enemies, for example the festum. Maybe a longer story fleshing them out could've been interesting, but it wasn't necessary for the movie, which was "How would 00's gundams fare against this kind of enemy?" The specifics have been fleshed out before in other shows, so it didn't bother me or bore me to gloss over that.
>>
>>13472248
It would've been nice to send Setsuna AND Saji, but the movie was already rushed as it is.
>>
>>13473811

Please, no. No more Saiji. No more of that fucking guy. If Saiji was one of the men sent to save the world, I would blow my brains out.
>>
>>13474808
Sani gets to suck on the tits of a girl with PTSD, he already won enough
>>
>>13473695
Said quite a few people. I'm sorry but you're in the minority here.

I'm curious to why you think that CCA is superior to Trailblazer. The one thing CCA has is a strong continuity with the other UC timelines. However, the visuals are worse by any measurable quality and the message is rather convoluted. There was also the bit with Quess and Noa that never went anywhere. Finally, there simply isn't any explanation for what the hell happened to Amuro and Char. It's headache inducing, really.
>>
>>13475065
>I'm curious to why you think that CCA is superior to Trailblazer

Because it was a conflict between humans instead of humans vs metal
>>
All the characters felt like cardboard cutouts of their former selves with little development in what's supposed to be a major development in 00's story and as a result their scenes just felt like wasted time between PEW PEW LASERS, Descartes Shaman was a useless character who had zero point except to act as a cipher for Y U NO UNDERSTANDING when the point could have been just as easily made using any of the other pre-established characters and as such just wasted time with his personality-less ass, and the action scenes were a mess choreography wise, just a shitload of sound and fury with nothing accomplished, Allelujah doing parkour is fucking stupid.

>inb4 people link to this post going LOL I ONLY WATCH GENDUMS FOR THE PLOT LOLOLOL Y U SO PRETENTIOUS LOLDEEPFAG
>>
>>13475065
Worse than Trailblazer or worse than UC? In either case, no.
>>
>>13475072
>humans vs metal
What a dumb interpretation.
>>
>>13473098
sestsuna d. saturation
>>
>>13475065
>visuals are worse by any measurable quality
Way to be a graphics whore, CCA had fights with nice choreography and animation, the zero rush fights in Trailblazer were just a clusterfuck.

Characters were a lot more dynamic in CCA. Quess was a novel take on the exploited cybernewtype. Char's midlife crisis and Amuro's somewhat jaded heroism were worthwhile developments in the characters. The characters in Trailblazer almost exclusively were there for exposition or to do their thing as fanservice (graham and Patrick).

Nu and the sazabi are cooler suits than anything in Trailblazer. Amuro pushing back Axis is a more impressive climax than the space flower.

Trailblazer probably has a clearer plot and manages it's intrigue quite well, but at the end of the day it the characters feel quite flat and it over eggs its message.

CCA is by no means a perfect film, but it is more entertaining than Trailblazer.
>>
I liked both cca and trailblazer
>>
>>13477772
THIS, mostly
>>u and the sazabi are cooler suits than anything in Trailblazer
Sazabi is crap though. Nu I agree with
>more impressive climax than the space flower.
Also agree.

Trailblazer was a snoozefest and none of the feats were particularly cool. Maybe the first contact with the mobile armor?

As someone that likes CG, AWotT was a bad example of how to do it, and I think CCA looks really good by "any measurable quality"
>>
>>13477772
>but it is more entertaining than Trailblazer
What isn't? Trailblazer is a cure for insomnia.
>>
>>13472196
Better question is, why would they send as an ambassador of human race a person who believes he is a Gundam?
>>
>>13473767
Just don't come back and make a thread asking "hurr durr, why is Char evil again? I thought he was a good guy in Zeta?"
>>
>>13479737
maybe if the humans look bigger their words will carry more weight.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.