[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Argento Soma Episodes 22-23
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
So close to the finish, here's two more

Episode 22:
>http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=753622
Episode 23:
>http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=753623

Betrayal roulette
Sue gettin out there and doin something REAL STUPID
SARG 2
Muh Politics
And a really, really, REALLY big Alien

If anyone is still watching this, enjoy!
>>
Cool!
I'm guessing there's no compilation yet, though, yes?
>>
Without spoiling I thought the conclusion was the stupidest shit ever.
>>
>>13466347
>compilation
Nop. I'll put out a batch when I'm done. Which will either be this weekend or next, not sure.

>>13466488
Eh, I can see where you're coming from. If you're familiar with Jojo Part 5 at all, I've compared it to Gold Experience Requiem before, as they're similar Deus Ex Machina that represent a direct thematic conclusion, but in doing so they're a bit silly at first glance.
>>
>>13466488
The entire show is deliberately super Golden Age American Sci-Fi themed. The twist is very much in the vein of what you would see in an old pulp Sci-Fi story. Personally, I love it. The foreshdowing is actually really well done too, but you'd only notice it on a second viewing. It also works very well on a thematic level.

Argento Soma is actually one of my favourite shows, but I can totally see how it would have a really limited audience. The show's themes and style really connect with me on a personal level, but I'd imagine most people would have a hard time relating to Ryu given what a huge asshole he is. I'd love to see Sunrise try more experimental things like they did in the show's time period. Ryvius, Betterman, and Brigadoon are all great too.
>>
Yearly reminder that Argento Soma is Eva done right.
They actually plotted it out in advance instead of making shit up on the fly.
And it has an ending.

If there was justice in this world, Soma would have gotten movies instead of Eva.
>>
File: SARG Alone.png (950 KB, 704x1259) Image search: [Google]
SARG Alone.png
950 KB, 704x1259
IT'S DONE IT'S OVER
Finale ga kita

Episode 24:
>http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=754374
Episode 25:
>http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=754375

Didn't want to create a new thread, because this one existed. Maybe I should have.
Anyway, the series is over. All that's left is the OVA and releasing it as a batch torrent.
>>
>>13475305
Congrats on completing your first project (technically speaking, since Ideon is still in progress and more of a co-op thing)!
>>
>>13475305
This is great, man. Can't wait for the batch. Thanks!
>>
File: 1440696653748.gif (985 KB, 200x83) Image search: [Google]
1440696653748.gif
985 KB, 200x83
>>13475305
proud son
>>
>>13475451
>Congrats on completing your first project
Thanks. Feels pretty nice.
I probably could have had it done yesterday, with the OVA and batch out today, but episode 25 had some really, really annoying typesetting things that delayed it way more than it should have.

Anyway, it's been pretty fun, and I walked out with a better appreciation for the show than I went in with, that's for sure. Also, I didn't remember how utterly ridiculous Ryu eventually looks, damn.
>>
>>13475305
Thanks a bunch man. I'm 10 episodes in and enjoying it.
>>
>>13469088
>Yearly reminder that Argento Soma is Eva done right
That's RahXephon.
>>
>>13469088
>Yearly reminder that Argento Soma is Eva done right
That's Fafner in the Azure
>>
>>13476637
>>13476684
That's Dual: Parallel Trouble Adventures.
>>
>>13476715
Dual was a parody.
>>
>>13476637
>>13476684
>>13476715
That's Brain Powerd

(What's next on the list... Gasaraki... Bokurano... Geneshaft? Does that count?)
>>
>>13476851
Brain Powerd has jack shit to do with eva actually.
>>
>>13476856
Well, I always thought some suit at Sunrise pointed at a Evangelion poster to Tomino and said "Make one of these".
>>
>>13476851
Betterman, Platinumhugen Ordian, De:Vadasy, Candidate for Goddeas, I don't know man, take your pick.

>>13476856
Yeah, yeah, bad timing and all that.
>>
>>13476876
Wasn't that Betterman? Or Argento Soma? Even Xenoglossia counts.
>>
>>13476887
>Candidate for Goddess
Nah, the manga was never finished.
>>
Why are you all doing this

>>13476876
If I remember correctly, according to Tomino he was already working on Eva rolled out, and was dismayed to realize everyone would mistake BP for an Eva-wannabe. Or at least that's what he says.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.