[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After seeing both of these godawful Attack on Titan live action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: aot-movie.jpg (129 KB, 730x515) Image search: [Google]
aot-movie.jpg
129 KB, 730x515
After seeing both of these godawful Attack on Titan live action movies, I have absolutely no hope for Anno's upcoming Godzilla with Higuchi (who directed this).

What could Anno possibly bring to the table that would make this decent? It's not like his last directorial attempt (3.0) was anything to write home about.
>>
>a movie based on a bad manga turns out to be bad

Wow, so surprisingly. Just like the anime a few years back.
>>
>>13463110
But the movie was bad for a large set of different reasons.
>>
>>13463057
What the hell? Why is there an rpg? I thought it was supposed to be some medieval-1600s type of deal.
>>
>>13463110
The point is that Japan sucks at filmmaking.
There are rare exceptions like Kurosawa and Miike, but they're accomplished filmmakers.
Anno has only directed a handful of movies, most of them short films. As much as he loves toku, I don't think he has what it takes to make a Shin Godzilla.
>>
>>13463219
>The point is that Japan sucks at filmmaking.

That's wrong though. There are a huge number of great Japanese films, they just aren't popular because majority of westerns can't be assed to read subtitles on movies unless it's paired with non-stop mindless violence.
>>
>>13463057
Because its hard to fuck up godzilla

seriously just watch some of his movies where he and anguirus speak to each other or monster island in general. it cant get worse than that
>>
>>13463057
- Anno wasn't around when Higuchi made AoT.

- Anno is a huge tokufag and directing a Godzilla movie is a dream come true. Also, he's a nationalist with a nostalgia for the Japanese empire so he must be piss off for Godzilla having a Hollywood movie

- See The Giant God Appears at Tokyo
>>
>>13463240
They used to make great films, for everyone.
Now all they make is artsy farsty bullshit or garbage SFX shit for domestic market.

Beat Takashi is the best Nip filmmaker alive, hands down, desu
>>
>>13463240
Japan's cinema is made-for-TV tier compared to the west.
There are, as I said, exceptions.
>>
>>13463277
>The Giant God Appears at Tokyo
Garbage, hipsters retro trash.
It'll be stupid silly fun to have guys in rubber suits again though.
>>
Japan movies will always be sub-TV quality trash for hipsters until the nips learn to CG instead of using fat guys in rubber suits, cardboard buildings, and toy airplanes on strings
>>
>>13463277
>- Anno is a huge tokufag and directing a Godzilla movie is a dream come true. Also, he's a nationalist with a nostalgia for the Japanese empire so he must be piss off for Godzilla having a Hollywood movie

Higuchi is exactly the same in that regard though. The entire second AoT movie had fucking MURRICA as the bad guys and creators of the Titans.
>>
>>13463219
>Miike,
Opinion discarded
>>
Attack on Titan was always shit.
>>
>>13463469
>murkans made the titans

Look, AoT is bullshit dumb, but this is what the even are you really why?
>>
>>13464279
IT IS A NUKE ANALOGY
>>
>>13464287
What the even are Japan how the why?
>>
File: WAKE ME UP.gif (3 MB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
WAKE ME UP.gif
3 MB, 280x200
> The entire second AoT movie had fucking MURRICA as the bad guys and creators of the Titans.
>>
>>13464287
Is there anything that isn't a nuke analogy for the japanese?
>>
Remember when the chick was special for being the last asian person?
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 585x827) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 585x827
>>13463248

That only happened in one movie, though.
>>
>>13464388
Anything set before WW2.
Everything after is all about how hard they got BTFO, abloo abloo.

Fortunately, Nips love their historicals so it's more of a SG trope.
>>
>>13464390
>Ackermann
She's a Yid.
>>
>>13464677
But Ackermann is a German name.
>>
>>13464673
>SF trope.
>>
>>13464690
She's a German Jew
>>
>>13463248
You mean hard to fuck it up more badly than it already is. Because when you take the lowest of the low of the franchise, then yeah, it's not difficult to make something better, but I kinda want any upcoming installment to be decent on their own, without having to compare them to shit to see them in a better light.
>>
>>13463057
>>13464390
>All these chinks
WHEN WILL THIS YELLOW-WASHING STOP
>>
The effects were top tier though, except for the 3DMG stuff
>That final battle between Eren, the Armored Titan and the Colossall Titan
>>
>>13464715

HAKKO ICHIU, HONOLABRE YONKEE
>>
File: PMGUBsS.png (273 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
PMGUBsS.png
273 KB, 624x480
>>13463469
>The entire second AoT movie had fucking MURRICA as the bad guys and creators of the Titans.
>>
>>13463469
>fucking MURRICA as the bad guys and creators of the Titans.
In their defense, America would definitely create Titans if we could.
>>
>>13465793
For what purpose? A fighter jet could solo the entire Titan army.
>>
>>13465978
BECAUSE WE CAN.
IF WE DON'T THE CHINA WILL
OR RUSSIA
WE HAVE TO DO IT FIRST
>>
>>13465978
>>13466001
No, you see, we put spandex suits and bits of armor on the titans.
Then we build cockpits in them that we put emotionally unstable middle schoolers in. This shit can't fail.
>>
File: I like it.jpg (24 KB, 301x267) Image search: [Google]
I like it.jpg
24 KB, 301x267
>>13466014
>>
>>13466142
>>13466014
>>13466001
Guys guys wait! What if we made a Titan...for a Titan! Then we'd be invincible!
>>
>>13466153
Nah, too ridiculous, no would buy it.
>>
>>13463057
>It's not like his last directorial attempt (3.0) was anything to write home about.
Speaking in terms of direction, Eva 3.33 was perfectly fine, bordering on very good. The only people that have issues with it are the fanboys who are upset about the direction the story went, not the directing in general.
>>
>>13466153
What about 5 titans that combine to form a bigger titan?
>>
>>13463469
>The entire second AoT movie had fucking MURRICA as the bad guys and creators of the Titans.

I haven't seen the movies yet, so I'm just gonna ask...
What the fuck how does this come about?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.