[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ZZ Gundam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
What the fuck am I watching
>>
Not an anime
>>
>>13327715
A recap of Zeta since ZZ started airing right after Zeta ended
>>
>>13327715
Something that's not anime, or canon. So you can drop it at any time.
>>
File: facepalm.gif~c200.gif (351 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.gif~c200.gif
351 KB, 200x200
>>13327918
>mfw people still believe ANT is canon.
>>
Something to cheer you up after having to sit through Zeta.
>>
Gold, OP. You're watching gold.
>>
>>13327950
Zeta's ending was depressing as fuck.
>>
>>13328031
ZZ's ending is even more depressing because it just made everything Zeta's cast went through pointless.
>>
>>13327715
The very very first episode is a recap for Zeta.
In any case be prepared for a radically different Gundam from Zeta, at least for the first half.
>>
>>13327715

It's not as terrible as people say, very below average but the tone is drastically different from 0079 and Zeta but it gets tolerable once they get to Moon Moon and beyond but not better than predecessors.
>>
I liked the silly-ness to ZZ but I can understand people being put off by it.

Enjoy ZZ anon. It's a fun ride. Except for that recap bit.
>>
>>13327715
The episode that makes the Baund Doc being the best design officially canon.
>>
>>13328175
I never got that attitude. Someone else put it as Zeta fans being put off by the drastic tone change. I thoroughly enjoyed ZZ, and when I came to /m/ and found that people didn't like it I was surprised.
>>
>>13328314
I think /m/ mostly "dislikes" ZZ because it takes quite the interesting conflict with players such as EFSF/AEUG/Karaba,AXIS/Neo-Zeon and Titan Remnants but decides to focuses on Haman Karn hunting some kids dick.

Well Glemy had his moments I guess.
>>
>>13328314
It's enjoyable, but not necessarily good. 5/10 is the best I could give it.
>>
>>13328314
I find ZZ just terrible. The poor humor, the sheer incompetence of all the characters, new and existing. In other Gundam series, at least the fights felt like fights even if they could get silly at times. In ZZ, many of the fights just feel like they're competing to see who can be more retarded.
>>
>>13327945
>There are people who cling to the past and think a train wreck like ZZ should be allowed to exist.
>>
>>13328861
I never said I liked ZZ, but the movies aren't supposed to be canon in the first place. Tomino merely made them as a "what-if" scenario of what Zeta would be like if he was happy. Besides, ZZ being non-canon would kind of fuck with G-Reco and Turn A, and anything after Zeta wouldn't have happened. No ZZ, Char's Counterattack, Unicorn, F91, or Victory.
>>
>>13328508
I'd put it at 6/10, it had a pretty shit start but after the episode Lena's Blood it began to redeem itself, especially in the last 3 episodes.
>>
Leina kawaii.
>>
i like aladin and the zz i dont know why
>>
>>13328931
>Tomino merely made them as a "what-if" scenario of what Zeta would be like if he was happy

>Emma still dies
>Jerid still goes out like a bitch

He wasn't happy enough!
>>
>>13328931
ANT was (according to himself) an attempt at showing younger audiences old Gundam in a new light. Thus the GACKT and all.

Meanwhile the original recap Trilogy of movies is much closer to the release of the original TV show and more reflects his original intentions, with a tighter plot and less toyetic mecha, removing the more gimmicky addons to the Gundam. Looking at flashback footage in Char's Counterattack, and Yaz' Gundam The Origin it seems they both prefer the events of the recap trilogy rather than the actual TV series.
>>
>>13329252
Fine. He was 'mentally well' when he made ANT. Ya happy?

>>13329276
>
Meanwhile the original recap Trilogy of movies is much closer to the release of the original TV show and more reflects his original intentions, with a tighter plot and less toyetic mecha, removing the more gimmicky addons to the Gundam. Looking at flashback footage in Char's Counterattack, and Yaz' Gundam The Origin it seems they both prefer the events of the recap trilogy rather than the actual TV series.

Well, yeah I mean, unlike ANT, the recap trilogy still follows the plot of the TV series and doesn't make any significant changes to the timeline. The only changes would be for pacing and aesthetic reasons. ANT, meanwhile, completely changes the ending to Zeta in such a significant way that anything after that would be rendered non-canon. Whether they like it or not, ANT isn't canon.
>>
>>13327715
One of the Best Gundam shows up there withg 0079 and G-Reco. You're watching the wasted potential of the Gundam that could've been, instead of all the zeta-derived drivel we currently have. If Gundam shows took up after ZZ, the franchise would be so much better. Thats why G-Reco is easily one of the best Gundams in a long time, since it feels tonally much closer to ZZ than Zeta like the shit shows do
>>
>>13328931
If anything, ANT was Tomino's attempt to remove Zeta out of canon since it is easily the worst thing to Happen to Gundam. Since the successive events cant happen with ANT, ANT effectively turns Zeta into an AU which is the best thing to happen. Zeta doesnt deserve to be a UC show and Tomino rightfully realized this and rectified his mistake
>>
>>13329816
If Tomino wanted to remove Zeta out of his existence, which he obviously can't, ANT never would've seen the light of day. If anything, ANT would've been the thing thah erased ZZ from existence, which is not the point of it either.

0/10 shitposting, man. You really are transparent.
>>
>>13330933
>implying >>13329816 is shitposting but not >>13327918

-1 shitposting.
>>
>>13331687
Just because another thing is shitposting doesn't make your shitposting any less of what it is. Stop using fucking five year old tactics.
>>
>>13327715
A better show than Zeta
>>
>>13327715
>What the fuck am I watching
Not an anime for sure.
>>
>>13327715
One of the best gundam series, that inspired almost every show after it
>>
>>13328103
Good, fuck Zeta and fuck most of the cast.
>>
>>13327715
>What the fuck am I watching
Zeta Gundam episode 51, by the looks of it.
>>
File: 1326592051743.jpg (737 KB, 850x1180) Image search: [Google]
1326592051743.jpg
737 KB, 850x1180
>>13328265

Damn skippy. Baundy's the best.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.