[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone still care about this crap?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 22
File: White_color.jpg (45 KB, 329x535) Image search: [Google]
White_color.jpg
45 KB, 329x535
Anyone still care about this crap?
>>
>>13323778
>chinese discout megaman
--->/v/
I'd assume, if they ever stopped bitching about whats her face.
Did it come out?
>>
>>13323801
It's a game about a series of humanoid robots, it doesn't have to go anywhere.

And no it didn't come out yet, they delayed the fucking thing til next February and released an underwhelming as fuck trial version with four stages as compensation last month. The real kicker is that even that thing got delayed by like a week.
>>
>>13323801

Whos her face? I don't visit other boards so I guess I miss all their drama.
>>
Who?
>>
>>13323801
New release date is February 19th. They hit snags with online play which caused a delay. Demo of the actual game and not a beta has been given out to backers.
>>
>>13323852
It was indeed just gay drama, unrelated to the game, better you don't know.

>>13323860
>>13323851
Delayed, gotcha.
I recall seeing people bitching about the demo/youtube plays, figured should've been out by now.
>>
File: tmp_1715-Mus3qPS-102112859.jpg (111 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1715-Mus3qPS-102112859.jpg
111 KB, 1500x1500
>>13323859
Its "Super Discout Poorfag Not Rockman!!"
>>
>>13323898
>figured should've been out by now.

welcome to kickstarter games

well at least its not star citizen
>>
>>13323778
Everything wrong with Mighty No. 9 thus far.
>Call has no personality
>Models are so static their mouths don't even move when they talk
>Invincibility frame doesn't protect you from one hit kills.
>Fire effects look like Splatoon ink
>Dr. White's face.
>A good chunk of the English voice acting, including Dr. Sanda's wonderful lines in the power plant
>"A security bot... It's out of control like all the others"
>Beck never shuts up
>Dr.Sanda and Dr. White talk to you during boss fights which distracts you
>The music in the power plant
>the crouch dash bullshit in the power plant.
>Shitty bland backgrounds
>Combat rooms galore
>Retro BGM often contains strange sound effects
>Retro BGM is not real 8 bit
>Game freezes when you dash through enemies and in turn drops inputs
>Stumbling
>The pause screen
>The new health bar
>The explosion effects
>The controls feel like garbage
>>
>>13323778
Why doesn't he just buy back the rights to Megaman instead?
>>
Just a reminder that they took 4 million dollars from people and made a half assed game that is honestly really bad.
>>
>>13324026
Its not his to begin with.
Also Capcom is making more Rockman anyway.
>>
>>13324026
Capcim still gets royalties from other materials like smash and the comics.
>>
>>13323778
Yeah.

The demo was good/challenging. I dont care how much /v/ wants to shit on it for not being exactly what they wanted. It's still fun.
>>
>>13324082
>>13324067
He can buy back the video game rights to Megaman but let Capcom keep the comic, manga, toy and etc rights to Megaman. Sort of like what Sony is doing to Marvel's Spider-man.
>>
>implying this shit will ever come out
>>
File: 1410132692128.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1410132692128.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>13324091
>It's still fun.
>>
>>13324005

This is the biggest crock of garbage. Mega Man is one of the tightest controlling platformers there is, so why does MN9 play so terribly?
>>
File: 1347863257530.png (5 KB, 239x258) Image search: [Google]
1347863257530.png
5 KB, 239x258
>>13324202
>Your enjoyment is wrong
>implying inti creates makes bad games

/v/ scum pls go.
>>
>>13324005
Spot on. I hope they refund everyone who supported this shitfest and then commit sepuku for disgracing us.
>>
>>13324203
it's almost like Inafuker didn't program Mega Man or something
>>
>>13324203
Because it's not megaman and Inafune is a hack who can't properly code a game.
>>
>>13324203
Inafune was a fucking sprite designer, he had fuckall to do with programming.
>>
>>13324244
It shows because thein game models and effects look like shit.
>>
Makes me feel that Strider was good by comparison
>>
File: no one cares.png (255 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
no one cares.png
255 KB, 500x360
>>13324202
oh no, I was having badwrongfun
whatever will I do
>>
>>13324095
No he can't. Capcom would never sell those rights, especially not to him, and even if they were to he could never afford them.
>>
>>13323778
>>>/v/
>>
File: Where do you think we are.jpg (290 KB, 578x744) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.jpg
290 KB, 578x744
>>13324576
>Stop talking about robots on /m/
>>
>>13323778
So glad I didn't back this. This is one giant ripoff.
>>
>>13324584
IMO a Kickstarter junk heap that has gone nowhere and has generally disappointed all doesn't need a thread on /m/. That, and there's enough video game threads already. Sue me.
>>
File: 1433296398946.jpg (235 KB, 878x592) Image search: [Google]
1433296398946.jpg
235 KB, 878x592
>>13324594
>That, and there's enough video game threads already
Shit sorry anon, I didn't realize you were the king of /m/ who dictates how many threads are allowed for a specific medium.
>>
>>13323852
That was a great time as I got banned for calling a Char poster in that forum a pedophile.
>>
>>13323778
No. To be honest I hope it flops as a reminder to never make a game this shitty again.
>>
>>13324594

> only threads I approve of should be allowed

You're a moron. If you disagree, sue me.
>>
>>13324203
Because the Mega Man Zero, Mega Man 9 and 10 team worked on Gunvolt.
>>
>>13324599
>>13324604
I guess it's fair, but I was trying to say that since there's so little to really say about MN9 that hasn't really been said already I didn't think it was a good idea. Was I being so inflammatory?
>>
>>13324005
I could forgive everything else except that. Mega Man (hell any platformer) is judged on how tight the controls are. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>13324608
I'm pretty sure that same team are the ones working on Bloodstained now too. They've just gone out of their way to get away from actually working with Inafune again.
>>
Has there been any feedback from Japan at all about this game?
>>
>>13324620

You could say the same about half the threads on /m/ at any given time. There's no point trying to backseat mid, all you'll get is flak while everyone ignores your dictums.
>>
What a terrible demo, inconsistency in texture resolution and quality, terrible pacing with poorly designed 3 minute long levels (with hardly any platforming), beyond bad boss fights, atrocious character design with even worse voice acting, laughable effects with piss poor animations (you can clearly see Beck's neck not connected to his head in cutscenes), meh soundtrack, random fps drop.

This game is anything but polished, feels like playing one of those Indie games that Jim Sterling complains about, after being disappointed by the beta demo (old demo), I had no expectations for the game, yet it managed to somehow disappoint me further. The old demo was worse than the worst Megamsn game, but this is so much worse. I've played mario maker levels designef by little kids that were more fun than this crap.
>>
>>13324650
Yes, I suppose you're right.
I don't get the "backseat mid" thing, but I suppose it'd be better not to mention these sorts of things in the future. I just think it's a little weird, somehow, as this is a game that hans't even been released. Oh well, there's nothing to be done for it.
>>
I think the most baffling part about the game is the system requirements. The game is honestly butt ugly and looks like it walked out of 2004. You should be able to run this thing on a fucking toaster but it's seriously taxing my computer on anything but the lowest settings.
>>
>>13324690
And it cost 4 million dollars.
>>
Massive disappointment. It rode the Megaman bandwagon and jaded everyone towards it faster than Megaman did in the time the series was relevant.
>>
>>13324673
>I don't get the "backseat mid" thing
I'm 90% sure that's a typo for "backseat mod".
Fucking phonefags, I swear to god.
>>
>>13323778
It looks like a ps2 launch title. It's a really bad game.
>>
File: Megaman X8.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Megaman X8.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
>>13324857
The worst thing is that it legitimately looks worse than the actual Megaman games for PS2. Even the PSP games, Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X look better.
>>
>>13324750
What in the world did they spend it on, advertising or that danged cartoon?
>>
>>13324910
They were actually paid by the studios making the cartoon and movie, not the other way around. They blew all their money putting the game on every console under the fucking sun, as well as Inafune apparently being massively incompetent at allocating funds.
>>
>>13323778
The only goid thing that can happen with it now is for it to be scrapped and refund everyone their money.
>>
>>13324910
Poor management.
>>
So it looks like crap, plays like crap, and has no polish.
This game is going to bomb and I will be so happy.
>>
I don't see much problem with this overall.
That said, not my cup of tea, so whatever.
>>
>>13324957
It's definitely going to bomb, even the most loyal backers are sick of their shit at this point. Ever since the Red Ash fiasco, where they basically ensured Legends was dead forever, and the game being delayed again no one is willing to defend it, or Inafune anymore.
>>
>>13325002
>Ever since the Red Ash fiasco
I honestly don't know why they thought any of that was a good idea.
>>
So we all agree that the game is crap, they basically pocketed the 4 million and pushed out a half assed game, and anyone who funded this now lives with a big regret.
Fuck Inafune and Comcept. Thieving bastards.
>>
File: Why Red Ash failed.jpg (112 KB, 993x281) Image search: [Google]
Why Red Ash failed.jpg
112 KB, 993x281
>>13325051
>Hey guys we wanna make the game we should've done in the first place now
>Also an anime because for some reason we can't have a game without an anime now
>Our last project we haven't even released yet? Oh that's totally done, we swear
>No it hasn't been delayed stop lying fuck you
>What do you mean you don't wanna give us money
>Well fuck you we're making it anyway and we're delaying Mighty No. 9 too
It honestly baffles me how one company could fuck up literally every step along the way like this.
>>
>>13325002
I agree. Everyone just wanted another Megaman game. Instead we got this. Not what I backed for, for certain.
>>
>>13324026
>Why doesn't he just buy back the rights to Megaman instead?

First, it was Akira Kitamura that made Mega Man and the character.

Second, Capcom owns the rights to the character and games. If you want to buy it, you'd have to fork over a lot of money, in the tens of millions at least. And Capcom would never sell.
>>
One of the main reasons it looks so bad is that Inafune put a guy who has zero experience with 2D platformers or Mega Man in charge to direct the game. None. He has no idea what he's doing and it shows.

>>13325053
>they basically pocketed the 4 million

Although I'm sure Inafune gave himself a nice sallary, I think the real answer is even funnier: They completely mismanaged it.
>>
>>13325504
>They get a team that only ever worked on Battle Network games to work on a Classic Megaman
>It makes millions
>They get a team that actually worked on Megaman Legends to work on a Legends clone
>They run it into the ground
HOW DO YOU MANAGE THIS
>>
File: For really big mistakes.png (897 KB, 800x960) Image search: [Google]
For really big mistakes.png
897 KB, 800x960
Finally a chance to use this.
>>
>>13324929
>>13324953
>>13325513
I've heard this said before, but a lot of these Kickstarter failures have demonstrated one thing: Having a professional producer is very important. From what I've heard, the guy credited as the "producer" in most games is the one who decides how, when, and where the money is spent.

That might not seem important at first, but after seeing the problems with Mighty No. 9, as well as other failures like Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries and Midora, it proves how important managing money is no matter how much of it you have. For Woolfe, they ended up wasting a ton of money making it a "3D" game; a good producer would have know how expensive that was. For Midora, according to the update taxes and fees in wherever the guy was making the game were far higher than he anticipated, eating up most of his money even after he'd surpassed his kickstarter goals. And of course, for MN#9, Inafune's been pissing money away pretty much everywhere he can, most flagrantly with that cartoon they proposed even before the game was actually out.

I think all this goes to show, and I hope anybody thinking of crowdfunding realizes this, that managing the budget is as important a job as any other part of game design and publishing. It may not be glamorous, but if you don't pay attention to it you'll find yourself in mighty deep shit sooner or later.
>>
I was a $250 backer.

I've got two t-shirts and a plush waiting for me to pick up tomorrow.

Sigh.
>>
Man

I'm glad Shovel Knight worked out
>>
File: Pretender.jpg (645 KB, 1600x1900) Image search: [Google]
Pretender.jpg
645 KB, 1600x1900
I remember drawing this after the Smash news came out, still makes me laugh.
>>
Inafune lied, MNN died
>>
It's such a shame that M9 came first instead of Red Ash. Even if they both are shameless rip-offs Red Ash at least seemed to have a half-decent staff on it. Imagine if instead of M9 Red Ash has been the first Kickstarter during the peak of Legends 3 butthurt. Shame that M9 is a mess and therefore very obviously wanted to back Red Ash.
>>
>>13325974
Red Ash looked just as bad, and it'd be sad the only people who'd play it would be those who wanted Legends 3 instead of playing it for its own merit.
>>
>>13325002
>>13325974

Red Ash is still happening and got funded, you know. No thanks to Mega Man "fans", but because Inafune has friends in high places.

And I'm glad.
>>
>>13325677
Burn them.
>>
>>13325535
They really should just scrap thr whole thing and refund everyone.
>>
>>13324900
>Even the PSP games, Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X look better.
especially when you emu them at a high resolution
>>
>>13326254
Is that possible with Kickstarter? I mean even assuming the money wasn't spent (which it has been; refunds would apparently put them all in debt at this point). I've heard of people asking to withdraw their donations individually, but from what I understand it's very hard to get refunded for a KS project that just plain fails.
>>
>>13324223
The need to cancel this game and kill themselves for any good press.
>>
>>13323778
No and I hope it never sees release.
>>
Giving money to kickstarter is a donation so that the dev can have the funding to pursue a project. You are not "buying" anything.

Now, whether or not Inafune even needed kickstarter to make MN9, that's another matter.
>>
>>13325942
Nice.
>>
>>13326458
Except people were lied to and the final product looks nothing like what was promised.
>>
File: 3BUn68v.png (97 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
3BUn68v.png
97 KB, 400x389
>>13323778
>inafune
God no. He ruined multiple IP's on his way out of Capcom and then some and was never the man behind Megaman.

Only gullible newfags are looking forward to this.
>>
not really, unless you count people exercising a sunk cost fallacy on something they backed on kickstarter.
>>
>>13326474
>and was never the man behind Megaman.

No, i can't condone this, he was the man behind the original series, he's a piece of shit but give back to ceasar what belongs to caesar.
>>
File: 1438280409734.jpg (237 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1438280409734.jpg
237 KB, 600x450
>hyped two years ago

>and now it looks nothing like what I thought it was gonna be

That dash mechanic and having to rely on it for attacks is weird and I don't like it. Regardless of all the politics and the other stuff that would just make people angry on this site, I am more disappointed that the gameplay seems utterly lackluster compared to past efforts.

It's helped me realize that Mega Man has been stale for years, and we just were angry over something we couldn't have anymore.
>>
>>13323778
Its a generic jump and shoot with a cute robot. I'll probably buy it when its on sale.
>>
>>13326523
Shut the fuck up eith your level headedness, Mno9 threads are about irrational hate.
>>
>>13326501
>No, i can't condone this, he was the man behind the original series, he's a piece of shit but give back to ceasar what belongs to caesar.

Akira Kitamura created the Mega Man character and was the lead director for the game. Inafune came in late into development, and worked on illustrations and I think animations. He played a very minor role in the first game. Kitamura directed 2, and part of 3 before leaving Capcom. The first character that Inafune actually created was Zero.

The reason Inafune's role is overblown is because:

1. The only source we have for the development of MM games is Inafune himself. We only know what he chooses to tell us or highlight. He doesn't tell us much about what others did, but he talks about what he did, which gives a distorted version which makes it seem like he was more important than he was. And he claims to be the "co-creator" of Mega Man, which might be his opinion, but is not true. The characters and pixel art was already done when he joined. He only made the illustrations. He drew what he was told to draw, subject to the review of the rest of the team.

I don't think he's lying, but instead he is highlighting his contributions in a positive light, and overplaying some of his other ones.

2. Inafune played a bigger role later in the series. But it is not because he was some creative genius. What seems to have happened is that the rest of the team members left Capcom one by one, and Inafune rose in the ranks due to seniority. Looking back, it's ridiculous that some artist rose to become a major producer at Capcom since he didn't seem that good at it.

3. Kitamura and the others seem to have just vanished. After leaving gaming in the early 90's, Kitamura likely just got an office job, stopped caring about gaming. He may be dead by now. I really wish people would track these people down and interview them before they start to all die off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiji_Inafune#Mega_Man_series
>>
>>13326631

I dislike Inafune. But the game itself just seems bland and unremarkable. If it was a cheap Steam or 3DS game, I wouldn't pay attention to it.

I just hope that Iga's game turns out better. Unlike Inafune, Iga has real game director experience. But like Inafne, Iga owes a lot to other people who made his games a success. Toru Hagihara directed Rondo, and half of Symphony, and he is the one who is actually the creator of that style of Castlevania game.
>>
>>13326672

Have you seen the vids where they're showing pre-alpha shit from Bloodstained or whatever the hell it's called? Everything in there is just a placeholder, and Iga is looking it over saying "no no, that doesn't look right." "This needs to be changed."

That alone shows he cares hundreds of times more about his final product than Inafune did about MN9.
>>
>>13326631

Do you genuinely believe the hate is irrational? How ignorant/delusional can you get?

The game controls like shit.
It has stumbling.
It has N64-tier graphics.
Even the music is bad.
Even the robutt masters look bad, with wildly clashing designs.
Look at the demo, the stage design is garbage and the bosses have simpler attack patterns than NES Mrgaman bosses.
Enemies don't die until you dash into them.
Pretty much everything about the production process has been a huge bungle, apparently the demo might have the full game on it so this is what you're going to get.

I know this is /m/, where for some reason there are always these dumb fucks ready to accept any fucking thing, but MN9 is garbage for a reason. There are 5 year old Megaman romhacks better than this.

And the worst part of it all, is that they got over four million dollars to work with. Four millions and this is the best they could do. Over four millions.
>>
>>13326821
>It has N64-tier graphics.

It looks more like a low end PS2 game. And it manages to do this while having way more polies. But it just looks really cheap.

The PS2 MMX games look more interesting from an art style standpoint.
>>
>>13326821
>I know this is /m/, where for some reason there are always these dumb fucks ready to accept any fucking thing

Sorry for not being /v/ /b/ or /a/, /m/ still hate a lot of shit irrationally though.
>>
>>13326876

The problem with /v/ and /a/ isn't that they shit on everything. In fact shitting on everything is better than mindlessly embracing everything. If /v/ didn't shit on everything it would be like IGN.

The problem with /v/ and /a/, and /m/ now as well, is that people shit on things or defend them without being able to cite any kind of reasoning. "It's shit because it's shit and I'm not going to try to explain." "It's great because it's fun and I'm not going to try to explain." So you have threads that are meaningless talking-past-each-other wankfests until you have two kinds of threads about the same thing where one thread is a mindless hugbox general full of soft faggots flipping out over the tiniest criticism and tiptoeing around each other, and the other thread is just "it's shit" with a couple of the hugbox autists drifting over to keep the fire alive.

/m/ is the exact same thing only you have more people willing to excuse the shittiest shit. Probably because mecha is niche so people are desperate to take what they can get.

It's easy to blame it on /a/ and /v/ now but just wait, /m/ is going to be just like that in a couple years assuming Hiroyuki doesn't sell you all into Chinese sexual slavery.
>>
File: smug.gif (2 MB, 438x469) Image search: [Google]
smug.gif
2 MB, 438x469
>>13326921
>It's easy to blame it on /a/ and /v/ now but just wait, /m/ is going to be just like that in a couple years

>in a couple years
>>
>>13326942

It'll get worse. It will be like the end of Animal Farm. You'll look at /v/ and /m/ and be unable to tell which is which.
>>
>>13324630
I'd be able to judge for myself if the game didn't constantly think I was holding down for no reason, which prevents me from playing the game at all.
>>
>>13325677
Sodomize them
>>
>>13326950
I already can't.
>>
>>13325974
Thing is, MN9 does have a competent staff on the programing side, Inti is working for them but since they are taking direct orders from Inafune without any filter we got that instead of a good game
>>
>>13326501
>he was the man behind the original series
He did sprite design, character design starting with X, and was a producer of the later games.

Inafune didn't make Mega Man, he's just the only staffer who really talks about it.
>>
>>13323778
I hope it's delayed indefinitely.
>>
>>13323778
No, and the best thing to do is ignore this game when it comes out in 2028.
>>
Wow this game is shit.
>>
>YFW you DIDN'T back this shit
>>
File: Edel Bernal.jpg (14 KB, 320x232) Image search: [Google]
Edel Bernal.jpg
14 KB, 320x232
>>13328388
>>
File: 1411537175861.png (79 KB, 251x257) Image search: [Google]
1411537175861.png
79 KB, 251x257
>>13328388

Even with all the buyer's (funder's?) remorse people are experiencing I'm still pretty baffled by the fact that Inafune and many others adamantly decided there needed to be another Mega Man game in the first place when there's already hundreds of them. I love this franchise, but I was never sad to see it "die". It had a damn good run.
>>
>>13328674

I'm not against a good Mega Man action game. It was a bit of pandering, but fine. I mean, MM9 was a blast to play. Did we really need it? Nah.

A real next gen MM should be great. I await it.
>>
>>13329043
In the meantime, fans are working on MMX: Corrupted and MMBN: Chrono X, so here's to hoping those don't turn out dung like Mega Man Unlimited did.
>>
>>13326810
They actually had something sorta-playable (even if just one room and enemy) right after the KS. That alone would put it above MN#9.

IGA also seems to have a better eye for what people want. I mentioned this in another thread, but the customization options he mentioned including for Miriam pretty much guarantee that the "make your own waifu" crowd will be throwing money at the game.
>>
>>13329183

Yeah, they seem to actually want to put out a good game, and Iga appears to have a real eye for detail and an exact vision of how the game should be. MN9 on the other hand looks like everyone just jacked off onto a canvas with no one stopping them.
>>
>>13329228
I think it's another demonstration of the importance of staff choice. Though IGA may not have been responsible for all of the stuff that made SoTN great (much of the credit ought to go to the level designers, sprite artists, etc.), he did oversee all of the work that went into the game, and thus had a good eye for how all of the disparate elements were supposed to come together. Inafune, on the other hand, never really had that sort of authority, and the results of his muddling, unclear leadership can be seen in the generally mediocre quality of MN9, where the graphics, voice acting, etc. seem to fail to come together well.
>>
>>13325991
Don't try and fucking act like Megaman fans weren't perfectly within their rights to not fund Red Ash. By that point Inafune had proven that he was completely incompetent at actually delivering anything he promised without Capcom backing him up. Everyone had just spent the last two years dealing with the constant bullshit of Mighty No. 9, from a disgustingly underwhelming beta and demos, to the forum drama, and cut features left and right. On top of that the entire kickstarter was full of warning signs like the entire stretch goal structure very clearly showing that they were under reporting how much they actually needed and banking on being overfunded again. They spent thirty days doing absolutely nothing at all to quell the fanbase's mountain of concerns and then when it became clear that the game wasn't going to be funded they pulled a publisher out of their ass, in a deal that sources show had been set up well beforehand, as a last minute attempt to milk the fanbase for cash. So don't fucking sit there and act like some smug little victim when Inafune and Comcept had burned the project from the start.
>>
>>13325991
FUCK OFF!
Mighty Number Nine wasn't even finished yet!
>>
>>13329289
>>13326672
One thing I really like about Iga is that he's more than willing to admit that he wasn't the sole creator behind those games. Dude's always very humble about his role in the Castlevania series in interviews, and almost his entire tenure on the series was spent making games on the most shoestring of budgets, yet he still insists he was never given less money than he needed for any of his projects.

Hell even after they treated him like shit those last few years, the guy still refuses to badmouth Konami and claims that he left the company on friendly terms.
>>
>>13329467
Yeah, that impressed me too. He had as much right as anybody to lambaste Konami, but even at the height of popular outrage against the company he just played it cool and said he understood their position. The people who work with him say he's as humble and understanding as he acts, which is definitely a good thing. He and the Bloodstained team should have an amiable working relationship, which is very important in game design.
>>
File: con man.png (330 KB, 1309x1064) Image search: [Google]
con man.png
330 KB, 1309x1064
>>
>>13329467
>>13329494
>traditionalist Japanese dev is humble and understated. Most Muricans barely acknowledge him
>westaboo dev is an enormous, arrogant conman who steals credit. Americans love him and continue to throw money at him despite him swindling them

Sounds right
>>
>>13329547
>arrogant conman who steals credit.

When asked directly, he WILL set the story straight. But the media and most gamers think that Inafune is the "father of mega Man" and he is fine not correcting them most of the time.
>>
File: 1430529517036.png (9 KB, 700x120) Image search: [Google]
1430529517036.png
9 KB, 700x120
>>13329735
>>
File: 200px-SonichuOriginal.jpg (28 KB, 200x308) Image search: [Google]
200px-SonichuOriginal.jpg
28 KB, 200x308
>implying there's any creativity involved in combining Casshern and Astro Boy
>>
>>13329929
Reminder that ZOE was single handedly conceived and made by Kojima.
>>
>>13328674

because gamer fanboys are insatiable cunts who would rather see a series they claim to love run to shit instead of appreciate what they already have.
>>
>>13323778

I would if Inafune were a creator, but as it turns out he's simply a business man.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 560x397) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 560x397
Remember how he tried to pass this off like he came up with the design
>>
>>13330481

cuz Bass.exe wasn't getter enough
>>
>>13330481
>literally called Ray
Bruh
You gotta draw the fucking line in the sand, dude.
>>
>>13330481
Plagiarism: the character
>>
File: 1437871935480.png (74 KB, 639x269) Image search: [Google]
1437871935480.png
74 KB, 639x269
>>
>>13329932

If anything all the good stuff from his games come from the staff.
>>
>>13332507
Has he said he didn't want to make a Mega Man sequel?
>>
>>13332595
He's the one that canceled Legends 3
>>
>>13333468
>He cancelled Legends 3
>Even though he wasn't at the company anymore when it got cancelled

u wot m8
>>
Holy fuck don't bump it when it's about to die, faggot
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.