[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, looks like the Glasgow/Sutherland series it is the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: 1380069772266.jpg (302 KB, 1239x1444) Image search: [Google]
1380069772266.jpg
302 KB, 1239x1444
Well, looks like the Glasgow/Sutherland series it is the best ground-grunt mass production mecha in anime :)
>>
I like it.
>>
>>12549351
>take scopedog
>add ejection seat
>add built-in CC weapon/additional manipulators
>upgrade all electronic systems to the standards of 2010

The only thing where it might score worse is the higher center of mass that'll make them more prone to tipping over... and that they probably don't have upgrade packages for zero-gee and xeno enviroment use.
>>
>>12549351
>What is Dom?

GTFO Britannian dog
>>
File: Sattel_waffen.jpg (9 KB, 199x254) Image search: [Google]
Sattel_waffen.jpg
9 KB, 199x254
At least, the cockpit can be equipped with rocket launchers or vibro swords.
>>
They were the only thing I liked about Geass.
>>
Doms would shit on it
Armored GM too
>>
>>12549470
>>What is Dom?
Fatass piece of shit, that's what it is.
>>
File: Tokyo Tower.jpg (663 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo Tower.jpg
663 KB, 1920x1200
>>12549351

Man Code geass had such potential at the start:
>gritty real robot action
>no super robot esque main character mechs
>keikaku dori main character
>use of tactics and terrain to overcome a superior enemy force

And then it quickly devolved into a shit show.
>>
File: yagZU.jpg (634 KB, 2088x3029) Image search: [Google]
yagZU.jpg
634 KB, 2088x3029
This mech just cool
>>
>>12549351

I like them, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they are the best. Akito did a lot to add some mechanical detail to the already good anime design.

Mind you, I am biased because my favorite is the Gloucester
>>
>>12549849
The head on OP's looks better. This one looks like it's got a human face underneath the quad-eye or whatever that is.
>>
>>12549753
I had different expectations, or at least a different interpretation of those elements. For me, keikau dori does not suggest realism at all. It's quite the opposite.

I never had any impression of Code Geass ever wanting to go for "gritty real robot action" either. Not with all that rollerskating around combined with physics defying stunts like the impossible acrobatics, caped robots, the use of swords and slash harkens.

Lancelot was already as "super" as any typical post-0079 Gundam. The true novelty was how that qualified as an enemy unit and not the hero's machine, yes, but it was going for something completely unlike grittiness. The histrionics of the protagonist, the supervillain-like use of terrain and tactical trolling, soap opera drama and the over-the-top fashion sense, among other things, gave me the sense they wanted to make something more chaotic. Which they did.
>>
>>12550034

That is kind of the point of the Sutherland and Burai lineage. There are lines that suggest they are masks or helments like those of samurai and knights.
>>
>>12550087
>I never had any impression of Code Geass ever wanting to go for "gritty real robot action" either. Not with all that rollerskating around combined with physics defying stunts like the impossible acrobatics, caped robots, the use of swords and slash harkens.
>Lancelot was already as "super" as any typical post-0079 Gundam. The true novelty was how that qualified as an enemy unit and not the hero's machine, yes, but it was going for something completely unlike grittiness. The histrionics of the protagonist, the supervillain-like use of terrain and tactical trolling, soap opera drama and the over-the-top fashion sense, among other things, gave me the sense they wanted to make something more chaotic. Which they did.

Yea, but none of that was in the first few episodes.

Just city based nightmare on nightmare combat.
>>
>>12549753
>tactics and terrain

Where were you when the lolchess static tactics and CLAMP designs were signs it wouldn't be gritty?
>>
File: Raiden.jpg (41 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
Raiden.jpg
41 KB, 300x299
>>12549450
Comes with graduating from the squat-mecha bracket.

Also there is ostensibly a bit of Raiden in the KF formula.
>>
>>12550120

>city-based Knightmare on Knightmare combat

So, Kallen vs. Jerry and Viletta, and the Brits kicking the shit out of that one resistance cell?

The former still included such things as Viletta using spindly Landspinners to move straight up between two buildings, by the way.
>>
>>12550154

Bringing this more on topic, the initial rough drafts for the Code Geass robots were even more Votoms in style at the beginning of planning, but then they started to move away from that influence towards more pseudo-medieval/fantasy mecha stuff. That sort of thinking gave us the Lancelot, for instance, which is a cool design even if not everything that followed it worked.
>>
>>12550194
The concept doesn't carry the show because Okuichi is a shit writer (turns out much so after those two other Geasslike shows he wrote for, one that even took Nitroplus to unfuck later with a VN)
>>
>>12550215
I didn't say that was "carrying the show" (fwiw, Zero's theatrics and one upmanship did), so that reasoning comes across as muddled.

IMO the truth is Okuichi isn't all that shit. Just hit-or-miss as hell and keeps mistakenly accepting offers to semi-repeat himself. Guilty Crown was the worst of the Geasslikes for me. Yoshino wrote most of that nonsense and Araki made it too grimdark. The VN did not "unfuck" anything. It jadded random backstory to a couple of characters, a few irrelevant new ones and was just another throwaway tie-in.
>>
>>12549351
>No front wheels

Enjoy falling over.
>>
>>12550390
If you want realism on wheels, don't use legs. Just give everyone tank treads. GUNTANK FOREVER.
>>
>>12550120
>Yea, but none of that was in the first few episodes.

The first couple episodes also had the Lancelot completely overpowering every enemy despite it being Suzaku's first time using it in combat.
>>
Geass just wanted to be entertaining, and it accomplished that.

You can see what it did right from the shows that tried to be Geass and failed.
>>
>>12549470
Zeke don't hurt me
don't hurt me
no more
>>
>>12550618
>and it accomplished that.
Only if you're retarded
>>
>>12551052
>implying Geass wasn't entertaining as hell
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.