[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Avengers 2 - Age of Ultron
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: Avengers Origins Vision cover.jpg (116 KB, 494x750) Image search: [Google]
Avengers Origins Vision cover.jpg
116 KB, 494x750
>came out in most of Yurop and Straya
>no thread on /m/
What did you think of it, or at least the mecha-related parts of this? Personally:
Hulkbuster fight was great
Vision was great
Ultron drones were decent, although never menacing
Ultron Prime's design was meh, but THOSE FUCKING LIPS, they really made him considerably worse. Also his lines and character really worked, but he ended up feeling unthreatening, especially in the second half.
Opinions? Please use spoiler tags out of kindness for our Burger friends.
>>
>>12488610
How would you rate it in comparison with the other MCU movies and Daredevil released so far?
>>
I just have one question, since I don't want to look at any other spoiler
Black Widow doesn't wield Mjolnir like some speculated right?
>>
>>12488620
Trick question.
AoU is grander in scope than everything they've done so far, the sheer number of characters getting actual focus grants it.
I'd say it ends up being generally an improvement over the first Avengers movie, but (I realize it sounds like a paradox) considerably less hype. Overall, in my opinion:
The good
>more balanced, everyone gets focus and depth
>better fights, especially the Hulkbuster one as I said
>less forced humour everywhere
>MCU continuity
>the issues about AIs and humanity are clichés, but not too watered down
>seeds lots of plots for the future
>actual worldly feeling, we go to Europe, South Korea, somewhere in Africa
>character in the OP is great
>twins are not bad and Wanda is hot
The bad
>Ultron feels a bit off and ultimately ends up never feeling like the HUGE menace that could fuck everything up whenever he wanted
>action scenes are not all that great anyway, the final battle really drags
>plot feels railroaded here and there so that the audience does not feel lost
>still too many one-liners for my taste
>feels crammed with characters, so for everyone to shine the movie is longer and you feel that

>>12488646
Nah, that was bullshit. Someone else does. Namely Vision, they end up explaining it in the movie as "it's a robot so he doesn't need to be worthy"
>>
>>12488687
>Nah, that was bullshit.
Good. I was worried Whedon would try to shoehorn that in. Glad that isn't the case.
>>
File: 1429743406601[1].jpg (76 KB, 960x676) Image search: [Google]
1429743406601[1].jpg
76 KB, 960x676
Oh, and Tony doesn't have any particular new armor except the one I mentioned in the spoiler tags, Iron Man 3 had all the goodness it seems

>>12488620
>forgot to rate
A solid 7, maybe 7.5, of course considering the added MCU bonus and the little nods to comics and all that. As a movie itself it'd be a 6.5, good rewatchable popcorn flick.
>>
File: FaceReactionBel.jpg (47 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
FaceReactionBel.jpg
47 KB, 500x281
>TFW the Hulkbuster "won".[\spoiler]
>>
>>12490299
And it didn't feel like a trick after all considering how it ends.
And the piston punches were great.
>>
>>12488687
>That last spoiler
I seriously hope you're paraphrasing. Being "pure of heart" from technically being a newborn makes more sense than LOL TECHNOLOGY! I mean, I know that's the underlying theme of the movie, but even a proud /m/an like me has limits.
>>
How did Quicksilver die?
>>
>>12490720

Bravely.
>>
>>12490720
He didn't see that coming. ;_;
>>
I had a good time seeing it yesterday with a group of friends. The Hulkbuster fight is pretty cool. Since Hulkbuster's codename is Veronica, I wonder if there's a Thorbuster codenamed Betty.

>>12490717
It's Tony and Cap saying that's the reason in a jokey scene near the end, comparing how if Thor put the hammer down in an elevator and the elevator went up, that wouldn't make the elevator worthy. Vision picking up the hammer is what makes the Avengers trust him, so I don't think either of them really believes it deep down.
>>
>tfw you can't watch until Saturday
Man, I'm excited to see how sexy the Hulkbuster will be. On a side note, the Hulkbuster's the Mark 44, isn't it?
>>
There is a reference to Amadeus Cho.
>>
>>12490762
Well her mother is there.
>>
>>12490720

He was killed protecting Hawkeye and a civilian from Ultron.
>>
>>12490766

>Amadeus
>her
>>
>>12490769
Shit. Didn't notice that. Sorry.
>>
The new Avengers line-up are Captain America, Black Widow,War Machine, Falcon, Scarlet Witch and Vision.
>>
Thanos appears in the credits wearing a gem-less Infinity Gauntlet.
>>
>>12490792

Only the soul and time gems are left.
>>
>>12490804

What are the four?
>>
>>12491369
Tesseract: Space
Aether: Reality?
Orb in GotG: Power
Vision's gem: Mind
>>
>>12491369

IIRC...

Tesserect is Space
Aether is Reality
The one in Guardians was Power
Loki's staff from first Avengers is Mind
>>
>tfw it doesn't come out in my country for another two weeks
God damn it
>>
>>12491420
>Loki was running around with two infinity gems
How the fuck did he mess up this bad?
>>
>>12490788
Spoil why Iron Man, Hulk, and Hawkeye leave/quit the team please.
>>
>>12491484

Iron Man retired to deal with his issues.

Hulk wanted to be alone as he's afraid of endangering Black Widow by being with her.

Hawkeye wanted to spend time with his family.
>>
>>12491419
>Reality?
Yes
>Mind
They really never gave this one a proper name, did they?
>>
>>12491502
>Hawkeye wanted to spend time with his family.
the dude has two movies where he's not even the showcase and he barely gets a chance to shine and then he just has done? It's just such a shitty way to treat the character.
>>
>>12491674
Oh, & I guess the same applies to the Hulk, though it's not quite as bad. But still what the fuck, Wheedle.
>>
Just got back from watching it.
Better than the first one, but the cinematography wasn't amazing and the Vision felt kinda aimless and bland. Banner was cool, though.
Ultron was quite underwhelming all in all.
>>
>>12492875
>felt kinda aimless and bland
>aimless
He needed to be introduced in the late game for obvious reasons and to give the Mind Gem subplot a proper unfolding as well. He also contributed to the final fight and was the one who spotted the last remaining Ultron. Although I agree that he might've done more, he could've easily be the one to overcharge the flying engine.
>bland
Nigga I'll fight you, his character was spot on.
>>
>>12495779
>He also contributed to the final fight
Well, yeah, but he only made some appearances here and there. What his core powerset actually is isn't explored. Him taking Ultron offline is also kind of downplayed; it gets mentioned and a quick scene, but otherwise he doesn't get focused on.
>>
>>12491506
No, it's definitely called the mind gem in the movie, although I don't quite remember if it was Thor or Ultron that say it. Probably Thor.
>>
>>12495791
>What his core powerset actually is isn't explored.
Can you really name some character's powerset that got explained and explorated in the MCU? Except maybe Cap since that was plot for The First Avenger's first half.
We see him phase three times in battle and even do his characteristical "hand through chest" move. I came out of the theater satisfied enough.
>>
Wasn't the Vision a candidate for "Who's got the reality gem" back in the day of Warlock and the Infinity Watch?
>>
>>12496159
He was, but I think that was only really relevant in Starlin's little corner of canon.
>>
>>12496204
even then he didn't have it, he just had a random gem looking dot on forehead
>>
>>12488687
How many painful Whedon quips?
>>
>>12497492
Everyone does one at some point. Like, everyone.
Hydra goons, every Avenger and then some, every villain.
Ultron has about the same amount as Stark.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.