[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tomino: I wanted to make G-Reco as a 4 cour show.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: t640_654017s.jpg (85 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
t640_654017s.jpg
85 KB, 444x250
From Entermix Tomino interview:

1. I saw some criticism such as "Lack of explanation. Die, bald head." on 2ch. Considering those opinions, I'm doing re-work for better quality in BD/DVD. The show has fast tempo, so dubbing's balance or accuracy directly impacts the fun of show.

2. I'm aware that the amount of information wasn't digested enough. To be honest, I wanted to make this as a 4 cour, 1 year show. If I did, I could show detailed settings such as Photon Battery factory and faction relationships between insiders. But because of my stamina problem and the current state of industry, 2 cour was the best I can do.

3. Actually, I received an offer saying "Let's make compilation movie first.". But there's no way to make G-Reco's amount of information as a 2 hour movie, since I couldn't put that in a 2 cour show. And making it up to part 4, 5 or whatever would be meaningless...

Source: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-31447.html , @Char_Tweet
>>
OVAs are still a possibility...
>>
Is this show worth a watch? Most of the complaints on /m/ are similar to the aspects I disliked about Zeta.
>>
>>12469491
did you actually believe those /m/orons
>>
>>12469491
You either Tomino or you don't You don't Tomino. Watch the AU's instead. I'm not being elitist, I'm serious. Some people just like the AU's by other directors way better.
>>
>>12469491
>/m/ are similar to the aspects I disliked about Zeta.

Then I think you won't like this show. It is very 'Tomino-ish' in terms of directing and such, just like Zeta.
>>
>>12469502
>You either Tomino or you don't You don't Tomino.
Well I loved 0079 and Turn A. Is G-Reco similar in tone to those?
>>
>>12469483
WHAT.

Holy shit, Tomino is delusional now. Is he just referring to the nip crowd or gundam fans in general? Because truth be told, g-reco was almost AGE tier garbage.
>>
>>12469510
Well, it's more like King Gainer.
>>
>>12469483
I really hope they do a final episode remaster like they did with Destiny.
>>
>>12469491
Personally it's my favorite Gundam now, but I thought Zeta was pretty good. Worth a try at least
>>
>>12469512
>Is he just referring to the nip crowd or gundam fans in general?

What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>12469512
>Because truth be told, g-reco was almost AGE tier garbage.
Pssst... You'll make bigger waves if you use the word "Destiny" instead. I won't question your sincerity, but you most definitely do want your opinion to be heard. Be as inflammatory as humanly possible.
>>
File: 1421393116633.jpg (287 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1421393116633.jpg
287 KB, 1920x1080
>>12469491
What aspects did you dislike about Zeta? Even then, G-Reco is totally from Zeta tone-wise (it's Happy Tomino).

To illustrate; Zeta has a bunch of insane people with issues with authority, whereas G-Reco has a bunch of simpletons who don't know what "war" or "fighting" even means.
>>
>>12469547
*totally different
>>
>>12469547
>What aspects did you dislike about Zeta?
I prefer plot driven stories to ones like Zeta that focus mostly on the character interactions. I also quickly got sick of the episodic formula (Titans attack the Argama with a new MS, they battle for a few minutes, the Titans retreat).
>>
>>12469564
Well there's a bit of "x" attacks the Megafauna the first few episodes but that's mostly done away with by episode 10. It is a character driven story though, one of adventure and exploration instead of war.
>>
>>12469564
>I prefer plot driven stories to ones like Zeta that focus mostly on the character interactions.
Have you tried Aldnoah Zero?

No, again. NOT being elitist, NOT shitposting. This is one of the things I hated about A/Z, but you said you like that kind of thing. Give it a shot. It's thoroughly mediocre. Other recommendations: Code Geass, Gundam Wing.
>>
>>12469597
>Have you tried Aldnoah Zero?
Tried it, and didn't like it. I prefer stories with a tightly-written central plot like the Giant Robo OVA. Is G-Reco anything like that?
>>
>The reception to Reconguista in G has been mixed. Toshio Okada, a co-founder and former president of Gainax, has voiced concerns regarding the show's comprehensibility. He stated that "Ordinary people watch this and don't know what's happening," and "It's fine to make it for today's kids, but who does he think kids today are? Who does he think the kids that watch Yo-kai Watch are?" [10] The show's Blu-ray sales have also underperformed, selling less than the same week re-release of Turn A Gundam, released over a decade ago.[11] It is currently the lowest ranked Gundam television show on Anime News Network's database in the core series.[12]

While other things are true, someone should edit the Blu-ray sales part, as it turned out that Oricon report about Vol.1 sales was wrong.
>>
>>12469605
No, the plot is a disjointed afterthought and will probably make more sense on rewatches. It's just like Gundam F91. You appear to enjoy "structure" above all else and perhaps enjoy "twists." Again, go try Code Geass.
>>
>>12469605

LOL. Fuck no.
>>
>>12469605

It's so bad that dyed in the wool UC bros have lost faith in this bald-headed nut case.
>>
>>12469629
>the plot is a disjointed afterthought
Then I guess I'll skip it for now. Hopefully they'll improve it in future OVAs/movies.
>Again, go try Code Geass.
I already watched it, years ago.
>>
>>12469605
Very little is like the Giant Robo OVA.
>>
>>12469605
Not him. There is a central plotline (reclaiming Earth), but it isn't presented as a major conflict/war so much as a series of politically-driven skirmishes that the protagonists' crew caught is in between.
>>
I'm actually kind of glad that the show is as short as it is. With Zeta and Turn A, there's a lot of slow episodes where not much happens and then you get to the end and suddenly everything happens all at once. Like for instance, Haman doesn't even show up in Zeta until episode 43. But with Reco, everything is happening at once from the start to the end. You could watch an episode three times and still not catch all there is to it.
>>
>>12469608
I argued in a previous thread that that "reception" section on wikipedia is should be removed because not only does it reek of bias (moreso than usual), but that no reviewer outside of MAHQ (which is curiously absent) has watched the majority of/finished the fucking show to give it a proper analysis.

Plus ANN's user ratings are an extremely unprofessional source of writing about a show's quality.
>>
>>12469730
When there are dozens of ANN reviews, shouldn't the bias from both sides average out?
>>
>>12469739
I'm not sure what you mean but ANN never reviewed G-Reco, only BF Try which they gave glowing recommendations.
>>
>>12469730
MAHQ's review is negative too so I don't understand why G-Recofags are so insistent on elevating his views
>>
>>12469753
The bitch who reviewed Try was terrible.
>>12469758
Please, don't call MAHQ's review a review as it is just a plot synopsis with a paragraph commenting on the episode at the end.
>>
>>12469483
>1. I saw some criticism such as "Lack of explanation. Die, bald head." on 2ch. Considering those opinions, I'm doing re-work for better quality in BD/DVD.

Why are we not talking about this? Just what is he changing or adding?
>>
Calling people who like shows you don't like literally delusional isn't a very good way to win an argument, but it's an excellent way to pretend that you have.
>>
>>12469608
> Okada

You might as well take Michael Bay seriously about cinematography and narrative. It would be nice if the people complaining about G-Reco weren't ever worse jokes than Tomino.
>>
>>12469483
Hey, OP, why don't you translate more useful stuff like >>12442720 >>12443151
Or the rest of the interview from @Char_Tweet?
Do you want to be useful or are you just trying to start shit?
>>
https://twitter.com/Char_Tweet/status/589428822262550529
What does it say?

>>12469772
There is thread for that >>12466017
>>
>>12469758
Because it's at least a written review, not some commentator's offhand remarks or poorly thought out knee-jerk "ratings".
>>
>>12469784
>Do you want to be useful or are you just trying to start shit?

where do you think you are?

I'd give Tomino a hug and a thank you but he'd probably push me away for being a gaijin
>>
>>12469784
Tomino confirming he wanted make this as a 2 cour show is a useful stuff though.
>>
>>12469806
>where do you think you are?
A place that likes mecha anime?
Anyway, the cherry picking from yaraon is fantastic.

>>12469831
That is ONE useful thing, and we know he said already he was sorry for the fast tempo of the anime, because he said it at the event.
Since then there has been a lot more of interview and comments from him. and if you read those tweets/posts with google translate you will see Tomino talks about a lot of stuff like SU-Cordism, taboos and so on.
They are more interesting of a generic "I wanted to a 4 cour, but I'm old and I can't", which was confirmed before the anime even began.
>>
>>12469800
Sorry about rough translation, but

>https://twitter.com/Char_Tweet/status/589428822262550529

>Interviewer: It's about my story, but my 2 and a half year old son who cries with other robot animation, concentrated watching G-Reco to the end. I was deeply moved by that.

>Tomino: Well that's a bad parental education(laughs), but that kind of report makes me happy, looking back whether I made any mistake about things I was involved.
>>
>>12469855
>but my 2 and a half year old son who cries with other robot animation, concentrated watching G-Reco to the end

THERE IS STILL HOPE!
HU/m/ANITY HAS NOT LOST HIS WAY YET!

Please, do the rest here >>12469784
I'm dying to read what Tomino says ;_;
>>
>>12469873
I REALLY want to do that, but my translation skill is just not good enough. I had a hard time even translating >>12469800 . I will try translating other Entermix interview part though.
>>
>>12469884
Oh, well, thank you anyway.

>but my translation skill is just not good enough
Better than nothing!
>>
>>12469855
>>12469873
based toddler
>>
>>12469855
>kid watches Aldnoah.Zero
>he cries because it is written like crap

>dad shows his kid Valvrave
>even the rape scene!

I don't know if it funny or just plain "bad parental education".
>>
>>12469897

>I wanted to give a better treatment to the siblings. Even now, I emit a groan whenever I see those two's face, so I'm kinda in trouble(laugh)

>(About Bellri and Luin's final battle) They fought sincerely and tied. And as a result they became a good rival to each other. When this happens, they can be a good 'friend' as time passes.
>>
>>12469954
>tied
MASK-HATERS BTFO!
>>
He says something about Klim and Mick
https://twitter.com/Char_Tweet/status/589419627882618881
>>
>>12469954
>Interviewer: What about expanding settings that have not been shown in the show?
>Tomino: It's not impossible, but that aspect overlaps the existing Gundam business. But I think not many shows(including hollywood movies) have a universe that is as huge as this show's one. So I won't give up easily.

>>12469996
I can't understand it entirely, but it seems he says Mick Jack's VA made Mick's character more interesting.
>>
File: CCY-9JtUIAA61DJ.jpg:large.jpg (51 KB, 700x1022) Image search: [Google]
CCY-9JtUIAA61DJ.jpg:large.jpg
51 KB, 700x1022
>>12470018
>but it seems he says Mick Jack's VA made Mick's character more interesting.
Tomino is my nigga.
>>
>yaraon
>>
>>12470064
Except Char_Tweet also posted the exact same interview. Yaraon didn't fuck up this time.
>>
>>12470085
Not him, but they just cherrypick'd the hell out of that interview.
>>
>>12470018
>I named episode 23 "The sound of Newtype", but while doing that I didn't consider anything other than what happened in that episode. And I don't have excessive expectations for the word 'Newtype' now.
>>
>>12470109
>As I have made robot-related shows for a long time, I want to think about relationship between tool and human. Convenient tools are dangerous as it changes human life completely. Maybe this is the age where we should investigate digital and be aware of returning to analogue.

This is all I can translate now. But I'll translate more in the future(including other stuffs) if I can.
>>
>>12470109
>And I don't have excessive expectations for the word 'Newtype' now.
This is one of the most interesting things he said.

>>12470121
Thanks for your work.
Do you want us to keep this thread alive, or will you make a new one if this one dies?
>>
>>12470133
I'll just make a new one when I translate more.
>>
>>12469605
Gundam 00?
>>
>>12469800

It really isn't the thread for that. There is no thread for that nugget yet. That thread is for standard bluray redo's of anime scenes. Here he seems to actually be talking about modifying the existing show, be it through rewrites, director's cuts, or additional OVAs or such.
>>
File: 46397375_p0.png (786 KB, 1200x849) Image search: [Google]
46397375_p0.png
786 KB, 1200x849
>>12469483
>To be honest, I wanted to make this as a 4 cour, 1 year show.
>But because of my stamina problem and the current state of industry, 2 cour was the best I can do.
Damn you and your health old-man, I wanted more ;_;
>>
>>12470251
https://twitter.com/Char_Tweet/status/589380758583795712

It seems it's just about minor things like musics and such
>>
can some1 compile all of this into a pastebin? Seems like it will be handy in the future.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.