[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HURRICANGER 11-19 RELEASED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: hurricanger.jpg (187 KB, 510x300) Image search: [Google]
hurricanger.jpg
187 KB, 510x300
https://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=160690

Niggas it's happening.
>>
Link doesn't seem to work.
>>
>>12468460
Works fine for me.
>>
>>12468460

4chan's linkifier replaces "&" with "&" Fix it and the link works.
>>
>>12468452
This isn't news, Anon. We've known for fucking months.
>>
>>12468548
Uh, speak for yourself. This is news to me.
>>
>d-addicts
>Skewed
It's shit. Worse than TV-N level.
>>
>>12468635

Skewed's improved tremendously from their TVN Jr. days, actually.
>>
>>12468657
Pics. I'm not sitting through it if it's shit.
>>
>>12468635
Are you actually this stupid?

Would you prefer the shitty HKs? Because I sure don't. Tokufags do NOT get to be picky under any circumstances. And if you seriously can't enjoy a show because of TVN's lackluster subs, then you don't deserve toku in the first place. You have no sense of fun and you should fuck off to Reddit or Tumblr or anyplace that isn't here.

Meanwhile we'll be enjoying the awesome sentai that Hurricanger is, regardless of who is subbing it.
>>
>>12468819
>not loving Hurricanger's HKs

The shittiest of tastes.
>>
Doesn't do you any good if you didn't catch Bunny Hat's Hurricanger Raws when they were actually seeded.
>>
>>12468916
Don't worry, they said they'll do a full release later. These are just early release scripts for crowd sourcing QC and/or hype building.
>>
I had the raws downloaded months ago so I decided to give ep 11 a spin

These subs seem to be akin to O-T's style of translating, no untranslated honorifics, certain terms are localized for flavor, etc.

Ninpuu Sentai= Hidden Wind Troop
Certain team catchphrases have references to wind thrown in, for example, the Sanjo part of the rollcall is translated as "breezing in!"

The overall translation seems pretty good outside of some errors that are to be expected since this particular batch is labelled as unedited. Overall I'd say it's pretty watchable but anyone interested in watching should wait and see how the release schedule for the finalized scripts will be.

NOTE: They do mention in the forum post for Ep 12 that they had a bit of trouble handling Oboro's dialect, not sure whether that's comprehension-wise or they just have some difficultly reflecting her different way of speaking in the script, I'm leaning toward the latter since I don't recall anything incorrect with her lines in Ep 11, hopefully their revisions can address whatever problem they're having.
>>
>>12469188
>Ninpuu Sentai= Hidden Wind Troop
Oh good, more pretending that we don't know what Sentai meants.
>the Sanjo part of the rollcall is translated as "breezing in!"
Oh good, writing jokes that aren't in the show.

Fucking dropped. Magenta and O-T ruined toku subs forever. Now all subs have to have these retarded meme subs that try as hard as they can to hide the fact that they are products of Japan. HKs are better than this garbage.
>>
>>12469217
>Oh good, more pretending that we don't know what Sentai means.
>we

Subs are typically not made solely for a subgroup on a single board on an anonymous image board.
>>
>>12469217
Another one escaped from the daycare center, somebody take him back.
>>
>>12469217
Prepare to get attacked by O-T cucks in 5, 4...

>>12469226
Are you trying to imply that Sentai isn't an incredibly niche fandom? Anyone who watches Sentai knows what Sentai means.
>>
>>12469229
>waah someone has different opinions than me
>>>/out/
>>
>>12469234
You realize that same logic is what TV-N uses to leave half the terms in their scripts untranslated, right? It's great that you know what the word 戦隊 means by heart but what about people who are just starting to get into toku? This is also a kid's show so I imagine that some people would be interested in showing these subs to children.
>>
>>12469261
Oh boohoo. That can easily be solved with a tiny, unobtrusive translator note, but I know that's a buzzword for you guys. TVN is not nearly as unwatchable as /m/ pretends they are. It's just elitist fags who probably came over from Power Rangers, and can't BEAR the idea that they're watching a show from Japan made for preschoolers.

If you seriously can't understand what's going on in a toku with TVN subs, the problem is with you.

In any case, if you're going to be a fag and translate Sentai, then leave it as Squadron. There is no excuse for things like Spec-Ops Cell or Voltasaur Team. Or worse, Special Police Dekaranger, which is actually a differentiated term IN THE SHOW.

I just do not understand how you guys can call these types of subs good with a straight face. TVN is shit for sure, but I'll take them over O-T any day. Scripts with honorifics and TL notes are far better than scripts that were half made up by the subber. You're failing at translating if you're adding in your own jokes.
>>
>>12469217
If you want half translated garbage, go back to TV-N. Just because we know what "sentai" means doesn't mean it goes untranslated. Words like "ninja" and "shuriken" have become loan-words in english and don't need translation. Beyond that only proper names need to go untranslated. If you think stuff like breezing in is bad, not only do you know nothing about translation, but you also know jack shit about Japanese, possibly the most boring, narrow, and rigid languages ever.
>>
File: 1370499185940.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1370499185940.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
>>12469306
>>
>>12469308
>Just because we know what "sentai" means doesn't mean it goes untranslated.
>only proper names need to go untranslated.

Magenta cucks are unbearable.
>>
>>12469306
>TVNDF

ah, I'm sorry I took the bait, see you at the next /krg/, nihonneon
>>
File: major scarjo.png (1 MB, 944x952) Image search: [Google]
major scarjo.png
1 MB, 944x952
>>12469308
>you also know jack shit about Japanese, possibly the most boring, narrow, and rigid languages ever.

You realize all you just did was confirm that you know nothing of Japanese beyond high school level, right? Hell, you only need to take a basic linguistics course to understand how retarded what you just said is.
>>
>>12469324
>I've run out of logical arguments
>But surely my opinion is the only right one
>Perhaps if I should buzzwords, I'll have this in the bag!

Try again, friend. This is a place of discussion.
>>
>>12469329
>place of discussion
are you fucking serious.
>>
>>12468819
You're the one who needs to fuck off to reddit. Toku fan SHOULD have standards when ti comes to subs. Skewed is known to be shit-tier, and that's never going to change. We should have to stand for this.

You're the one who doesn't deserve toku because you clearly don't have any respect for the genre if you let people like Skewed and TVN ruin it for people.
>>
>>12469306 This is why softsubs exist. It takes 2 minutes tops to drop the scripts into notepadd++ and get rid of the terms you don't like. You can't do that with TVN's terrible fucking grammar, their inconsistent spellings, nonsensical font choices, ass video quality, translator's notes, awful typesetting, etc.This all adds up to a shitty experience that yes, interferes with the show I'm trying to watch in the first place.
>>
>>12469315
Sentai's not a proper name. Something like Abaranger is. No one's going to fucking translate it as "Rampageger" or Kyoryuger as "Dinosaurger" Not even the biggest idiot would do shit that retarded..
>>
>>12469306
>If you seriously can't understand what's going on in a toku with TVN subs, the problem is with you.

So you don't have a problem with watching all your toku raw then, right? Logically you shouldn't give a rat's ass about the topic of this thread since you can already enjoy Hurricaneger just fine.
>>
File: abort.gif (235 KB, 537x327) Image search: [Google]
abort.gif
235 KB, 537x327
>sub bitching
>>
>>12469349
>Wildranger

And "Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger" is a proper noun, dummy. It's not only the name of the show, but the name of the team in-universe. No. Excuse.

>>12469348
>>12469361
Not that anon but softsubs are pointless. I'm likely only going to watch the show once, and I'm not going to spend the whole viewing doing my own translations. It's the subbers' job to make decisions that will please the most people. I personally prefer when groups release things with two tracks. One super liberal, and one that sticks to the script as much as possible without losing the audience. But no one does that because of MUH SUB WARS OF PURITY or something. And I actually do watch lots of toku shows raw. My 2 years of Japanese in college get me through it pretty easily, considering it's very simple dialogue, but I sincerely doubt it would be hard to understand for someone with no knowledge. Regardless, having subs in my native language is still better, even if raw isn't unwatchable.
>>
>>12469384
Barely anyone does it because it doubles the work load. That's a second track that you have to run through editing.

Funny you mention "Wildranger", because that was one of the few projects I recall that did use multiple tracks for translation styles.
>>
>>12469384
>I am the majority
>clearly not the majority
please go on.
>>
>>12469384
I wish there was a faster TV-Nihon that released about as fast as O-T just so people like you can be happy
>>
>>12469384
>not just brushing up on your moon so you don't have to care about sub wars ever again

Although in my case it's nice to see how certain things get translated, I dislike super-literal projects since they tend to fall flat on their face the moment something that requires nuance to convey comes up.
>>
>>12469424
So do I, man. So do I.
>>
>>12469384
Fuck off Howling_Snail. Go back to being a weeb on twitter
>>
>>12469217
Hi Takenoko
>>
>getting legit mad over a correct translation of a word

What is it about sub discussion that makes people so retarded? Every time a new group comes up hell breaks loose.
>>
>>12470983
>Skewed
>new
Fucking newfags
>>
>>12471013
Let me append that then.

anytime something that isn't O-T/MFC/GUIS comes up, /m/ suddenly transforms into Japanese translation experts who think there's any sort of golden rule in terms of what can and can't be translated, god forbid you ask them to just CTRL+F through a softsub if one term bothers them that much, they'd much rather argue forever instead, need I remind you that the ornac shitstorm got FOURTEEN threads plus spillover in generals back in 2013?
>>
>>12471069
Skewed is legit shit-tier though. There's no arguing that.
>>
>>12471097

Not anymore, they're alright now
>>
>>12471116
Don't they just do that one novel at the moment?
>>
>>12471116
Bullshit. What have they even subbed in the past few years?
>>
>>12471156
How about you actually watch it and find out, instead of spewing shit everywhere.
>>
Uploaded the raw for ep 11 for anybody that wants to check the sub file out without trying to get the bunnyhat torrent running:
https://mega.co.nz/#!8s02QbRY!FV8C0D1Vkyd6nJ1V-KBdmJagRjxjZ6uHIi4GT-uLmRM

I'm deleting this off my mega monday morning so if you want to download do it now.
>>
Oh shiiiiit, soon our grandchildren can watch ALL Sentai with good subs.
>>
Why the word Sentai translated most of the time, but Kamen Rider is okay?
>>
>>12471929
Some groups do translate it as Masked Rider. However you don't really see it with the recent stuff as it's meant to be a reflection of how Toei has left KR's name intact when it comes to international matters since Dragon Knight/Decade.
>>
>>12471905
Nah, our grandchildren will still be waiting for JAKQ subs.
Also
>implying most of us will even have children, let alone grandchildren
>>
>>12471905
>good subs.
Fucking newfags know nothing of Skewed.
>>
>>12472172
I already have many children. They are all my children. They will love me. They will love my cock. These things take time anon, we must be patient. Do not worry. It will all be over soon.
>>
>>12472211
What did they work on in the past? Where they just Order of Zeronos tier bad, or Cruel Angel Productions bad?
>>
>>12472805

They were literally TVN tier a few years ago, but it looks like they've improved quite a bit since then.
>>
>>12472852
TVN used to be TVN tier too. But no one here forgives or forgets.
>>
>>12472901
But TVN is sTILL TVN tier...
>>
>>12472901
Because they still are.
>>
>>12472940
>>12473248
>tumblrite magenta cucks belive this
>>
>>12473293
>TV-N
>shit
pick one
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.