[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SD Gundam RAWs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 18
File: the_mistakes_of_ones_youth.png (383 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
the_mistakes_of_ones_youth.png
383 KB, 720x544
http://dimensionalarea.net/infrapink/[IP-RAW]SDGCB.htm

For those who may be interested, Infrapink finished reuploading their RAWs of classic SD Gundam not too long ago. Unfortunately, the Wacky Races episode of Mk-IV is not included in the box set due to copyright issues. The best version currently in circulation is on Laserdisc. If I may make a vain request to anybody reading this that is capable of obtaining the ISO and encoding it (RX, Clutchins, Bunny Hat... OZC? Anybody!), please, PLEASE do so. Otherwise, we'll be forced to use those shitty VHS hardsubs for that episode for the rest of eternity.

To all else, dig in. The image and audio quality is a MASSIVE improvement. Nothing feels as good as this.
>>
>>12464443

Holy shit. SD is the last VHS/Laserdisc Gundam we were dealing with. This is fantastic. To bad the originals were hardsubbed, otherwise even shitty muxing skills could get this going.
>>
File: double neat.gif (2 MB, 400x403) Image search: [Google]
double neat.gif
2 MB, 400x403
>>
>>
>>12464443
... Are these actually the remastered versions? I will jump on this if someone points me towards ISOs.
>>
>>12464451
Isn't there stuff for hardsubs, just the spelling needs to be QC'd once its done?
>>
>>12464494
They sure look like it. Even with the AVI encoding these look pristine. It's a shame about SD Wacky Races, though. I know LD isn't your style but that's the best we can hope for that episode and is the only way to make a complete set.
>>
File: sdg1-3_097.jpg (136 KB, 1180x480) Image search: [Google]
sdg1-3_097.jpg
136 KB, 1180x480
What a pleasant surprise!
>>
>>12464501

I think so. But I can't do shit about that. That actually takes knowledge.
>>
>>12464494

YESSS! RX782 ON THE CASE! GOD IS STILL IN THE HEAVENS. HE HAS NOT FORSAKEN MAN.
>>
>>12464532
>interlacing
Is this in the AVI? Fuck that if so. I'm only going to work with this off of ISOs.
>>
>>12464551
You don't understand how hard it's been to find these ISOs. I've been looking for YEARS.
>>
>>12464443
Thanks anon
>>
>>12464443
>SD Gundam RAWs

How about something for us who don't use toasters anymore?
>>
>>12464564

You'll only do this if they re-upload the ISO's too?
>>
>>12464564
The uploader encoded it from their personal DVD collection. I don't know how they would respond after just recently putting their own version out there but they provided their email address at the bottom of the page. Perhaps it's worth making a request? If necessary, you could always try flaunting your street cred like "Hi, I'm a high powered Hollywood producer and would like to make an adaptation of your novel" or what have you.
>>
>>12464595
No sense re-encoding a ripped raw, I'm not interested in remuxing.

>>12464597
Good call, I might.
>>
>>12464558
Nah, that's just a screenshot I found on the intertubes years ago. The stuff in the link above look like this.
>>
>>12464597
>>12464603

Hopefully they'll recognize that since these are up as sub bait, and RX is willing to do it all, the ripper will understand, do the ripping, and something amazing will happen.

RX, will you include that laserdisc only episode for completeness sake?
>>
File: horror.png (413 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
horror.png
413 KB, 512x384
>>12464585
Don't be a smartass. I get where you're coming from but you're not getting anything better than this right now. The only other version that anybody has EVER uploaded are heavily-magnetized VHS hardsubs. Your eyes and ears will thank you for making the right choice.
>>
>>12464616
If someone points me in the direction. It's been years since I've even watched SD Gundam, so I'm not sure where the "best" sources are.
>>
So before I get in over my head, let me understand the situation here:

- We've been still stuck with the VHS/LD versions for SD Gundam until today, excluding the one episode.
- Because of this, they're hard subbed.

So this means OCR, right?
>>
>>12464619
These DVD's are the best for everything other than Mk-IV's Wacky Races short which was omitted. As we've said, Laserdisc is the latest version for that episode. Google results for the Mk-IV LD bring up an /m/ trip in the archive named DexterGrif from 2010 who claimed to own it but he didn't fill in the email field or anything. His last post was in July 2014 so I guess we're out of luck unless he miraculously pops into this thread or if somebody reading this knows him personally.
>>
So looking at these, they're not truly cleaned up (they still have the film splices and the color balance leans blue), but they're a component transfer at the very least, and obviously miles ahead of anything we've had.

>>12464643
Yeah I got that much, but what about sub sources? Is everything hard subbed? It doesn't sound like there's anything I can do about the Mk-IV LD.
>>
>>12464638
>So this means OCR, right?
Yes either that or copying manually in Aegisub. Even then the TL is a bit iffy and not every episode was subbed. For example, this is the very first time that anybody on /m/ will EVER be able to watch SD Gundam Matsuri.
>>
File: unfiltered.png (444 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
unfiltered.png
444 KB, 720x544
>>12464657
Pretty crazy... Okay, well, on the video side of things, like I said, the color isn't too special, but it's a good starting point, and this was a 5 minute photoshop job to see if I could get better color separation. Here's the DVD rip.
>>
File: filtered.png (336 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
filtered.png
336 KB, 720x544
>>12464682
Five minute filter.
>>
File: unfiltered2.png (297 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
unfiltered2.png
297 KB, 720x544
Unfiltered rip.
>>
File: filtered2.png (232 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
filtered2.png
232 KB, 720x544
>>12464703
Five minute filter.
>>
>>12464689

You turned the cloud red!
>>
Now I can actually see all the cool 0080 art stuff in this short!
>>
>>12464740
A bit, yeah, it needs fine tuning, but the remaster 0079 DVDs (if this art style is any indication) was a bit warm.
>>
>>12464682

Yeah, all combined now, I think this is the last bit of Gundam (Again, aside from Operation Meteor) that we're missing. Kind of amazing.

Also.... think you're going to upload the Operation Meteor raws, or have you dropped that idea entirely?
>>
>>12464772
Some of it is sitting at work.
>>
>>12464779

Sssshhheeet.
>>
>>12464772
If I may chime in and be a total buzzkill, Operation Meteor is not worth the electrical bills to encode. There's literally only two new scenes out of the 4 hours of footage, one at the beginning of Operation Meteor II Odd Numbers and another at the end of Operation Meteor II Even Numbers. If those can be isolated and encoded separately from everything else, then go for it. The rest of the OVA is complete garbage.
>>
>>12464809
Who said I'm paying the bills? I use my company's dual Xeon workstations to encode.
>>
>>12464809

Nope. Two reasons I want it.

1. Completeness. It's all that's left.
2. It would make my Endless Waltz Christmas viewings have a nice lead up.
>>
>>12464821
It still seems rather cruel to do the whole thing. Besides, I think we'll get better results seeing those two scenes be subtitled if they can be provided isolated form. It should make the task appear less intimidating.
>>
>>12464839
I have half of it encoded already, I just keep semi-dropping it regularly that I lose track of the scripts and settings I'm using. I used a light-moderate amount of DNR on Wing TV, but the settings I'm using on Operation Meteor are a bit less filtered, since they're shorter overall.
>>
>>12464832
Dude, have you SEEN Operation M? That's 4 hours of disjointed recap narration by separate characters one after the other. Shit's boring as hell. Your Christmas is better spent watching 0080 and EW as a double feature.
>>
>>12464850

No, I haven't seen it. It's not subbed! That's the point! And I don't know, I'd space it out for a few days or something.

0080, while fantastic, is too damned depressing for Christmas.
>>
>>12464849

Wait, you have SCRIPTS for OM? I thought you just had raws?
>>
>>12464862
AVISynth scripts, sorry. I might honestly just re-encode the whole thing from scratch this weekend to ensure consistency.
>>
>>12464869

Fair enough, and thanks. At the least raws will let me know how much HD space they'll take up.

Who knows, maybe somebody can get the known bits translated, and get somebody for just the narrator.
>>
Lets bring this back to SD Gundam.

Everybody go watch Matsuri. It's the first and only installment to have SD F91 characters.
>>
>>12464924
It's also the only one to have SD 0083 characters.
>>
>>12464924
>>12464933
Which is a shame, since it's among those lacking any subtitles period. If even Ring of Gundam got subbed, so should the rest of the SD sub-franchise.
>SD Mora
Hnngh.
>>
I am so excited. Can't wait.
>>
File: 1428087902450.jpg (76 KB, 680x777) Image search: [Google]
1428087902450.jpg
76 KB, 680x777
SD fucking sucks. Watched MK-1 and will NEVER EVER touch anything SD again. Gundam and Parody never need to be together.
>>
>>12469771
Watch SD Gundam Force instead. It's non-parody and is 100% serious. The dub is also A++. No need to thank me for the recommendation.

Alternatively you can just watch Gundam-san. Unlike SD Poopypants, it's actually funny! Avoid the manga, though. Shit sux, Brah.
>>
File: 1389843247875.jpg (116 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1389843247875.jpg
116 KB, 600x600
>>12469796
>tfw I'm the only person who likes SD Force
It gets better in the second half I swear.
>>
File: haman.webm (1 MB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
haman.webm
1 MB, 720x544
Finally got my hands on this sexy thing
>>
So it seems like this a good place to inquire about getting myself a nearly complete animated Gundam Collection.

Uhhh. Where's a good place to get some of this stuff? I've got a ton of it but I've been trying to update my collection with some of the more "definitive" releases.

There's also some of those random bits and pieces (Ring of Gundam, for example) that I'd love to snag.

Stuff like "Battlefield record 0081 OVA" or the cutscenes from the PS2 Gundam 00 game.

I know there's lots of bits and pieces out there; I just don't know what's available.

Also RX782 is a god. Thank you for everything.

>>12470076
I liked it better than Brave Battle Warriors.
>>
>>12470278
pretty sure there's a cam of Green Divers
>>
>>12470286
now that I think about it I might be thinking of Gundam The Ride

one of them at least has a cam, yeah probably Gundam the Ride
>>
>>12470286
>>12470288
Aren't they the same thing?
>>
>>12470322
uhh...
I don't think so.

From what I've read Green Divers was an IMAX thing, and Gundam The Ride was a simulator ride more like Star Tours, iirc. They might have been in the same location at that theme park, though.
>>
People have missed IP-RAW rips this far? Well whatever anything that's available outside of russian trackers is good.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.