[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 15
File: gwrecko.jpg (161 KB, 1600x896) Image search: [Google]
gwrecko.jpg
161 KB, 1600x896
What went wrong?
>>
Absolutely nothing.

Next question.
>>
>>12460345
Mostly just a lack of exposition made it hard to keep track of why something is important or character motivations.
>>
>>12460345

Is the OST out yet?
>>
>>12460345
You posted
>>
>>12460361
>G-Reco
>LACKING exposition

You what? No wonder you had trouble keeping track of things.
>>
>>12460345
Your taste.
>>
>>12460345
moots inability to apply /r9k/'s unique posting rules to every board.
>>
File: latest.png (176 KB, 275x500) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
176 KB, 275x500
>>12460345
Not the mech designs.
Every machine is fucking tasty.
>>
>>12460415
That WOULD actually be really nice. Too bad it would also negate the point of /r9k/, but it's not like there's anything good about that board anyway. But that's why they probably wouldn't do it. Even though it would stop a lot of bullshit and the people who try to get around it would get in trouble. Incidentally I've seen people admit to murder on /r9k/. Kind of a ridiculous thing to do on a board that saves everything.
>>
>>12460422
>the point of /r9k/
Looking at /r9k/ now I see no point in it other than just gawking at the wasted potential.

Seriously, it went from "Hello my gentlemen robots! Let's discuss x topic today, what're your thoughts?" to Tumblr's personal playing ground for frogposting and making strawman screencaps.
>>
>>12460345
Someone decided this was going to be an anime instead of a book.
Characters are just autistic exposition machines.
Barely any conflict
Shit animation
>>
It's only 2 cours
>>
>>12460433
Isn't it like, the EXACT opposite of tumblr? Because tumblr loves women, while /r9k/ does nothing but bitch how much about they hate them.
>>
File: bears.jpg (123 KB, 701x800) Image search: [Google]
bears.jpg
123 KB, 701x800
>>12460361
>not enough exposition

>>12460436
>too much exposition

G-Reco haters can't keep their fucking facts straight.
>>
>>12460436
>Barely any conflict
This, why wasn't G-Reco more like A.Z where shit keeps blowing up and people die every minute?
>>
>>12460454
>G-Reco haters can't keep their fucking facts straight.
We only agree that G-reco is shit, but there are different reasons.

>>12460455
>le A.Z card
>>
>>12460455

>people die every minute

>said of A/Z, a show wherein almost no-one dies except Martian assholes of the week and nameless, faceless cannon fodder

It's not a great show by any means, but at least make such a remark correctly.
>>
>>12460464
When they are the complete opposite reasons, all it shows is that you're both insane and have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>12460455
Honestly, A/Z is the one where there's barely any conflict. It is a boring fucking show. G-Reco is very exciting, to the extent that I cannot understand how someone can possibly watch it and be bored. Leading me to the conclusion that the people who make these posts have not actually watched it, because their criticisms are generally nonsense along those lines.
>>
>>12460448
Well you aren't wrong but Tumblr isn't one person the same way 4chan isn't one person. I'd go as far as saying they're two sides of the same coin to be honest. For starters, there are literal crossposting shitposters who make shitposts on /r9k/, screencap them then upload the images to tumblr for notes. "Rare pepes" is a big thing over there to the point where you can't assume they're all from /b/ or /r9k/. Not to mention the few idiots who go there as a "social experiment" and bring something back just so they can whine about it.

And the way Tumblr deals with people who are "problematic" is no different from /b/ raiding someone. People get doxed, false accusations are made, their reputations are ruined and they're often bullied into attempted suicide.

It's all extremists and shitposters with those who are moderate left inbetween wondering why the fuck they're even still there.
>>
>>12460492
Huh. It sure has changed since the last time I went there, then. I really don't follow any of these new memes, they're all so annoying.
>>
>>12460475
That doesn't make any sense.

>Two people make opposing statements
>They both most be wrong
>>
>>12460484
>how someone can possibly watch it and be bored.

because there is no tension in the fights. it took 24+ episodes for a character we might have cared about to get killed in combat, the rest was incredibly repetitive skirmishes that just seemed to make everyone involved look incompetent.
>>
>>12460795
>everyone involved look incompetent
You know that was kinda the point of the whole anime?
>>
>>12460454
>that pic
Does that mean the Kermode's half-chink?
>>
>>12460345
The entire show just felt weird.
I didn't have problems understanding the plot and the factions and the alliance, that's not what I mean.

It's that, there never seemed to have been any kind of "weight" behind combat and various deaths. Aida's boyfriend's death and Bell's teacher's death were two exceptions, but other than that, nothing felt like it mattered. The fights, deaths and wars all felt as if the entire cast were children playing at war at a playground. People showed up and died and no one cared and just moved on as if literally nothing happened. Just look at the ending, with the Kuntala chilling out in the wilderness as if they were reminiscing about the events that should have by all accounts been horrifying.

I mean, I guess that's what Tomino aimed for? He wanted to make it look like how war is not treated anywhere near as seriously as it should be?
>>
>>12460484
> G-Reco is very exciting
Yeah, seeing people talking and then having a badly animated battle with the backpack of the week is a wild ride.
>>
>>12460869
>The fights, deaths and wars all felt as if the entire cast were children playing at war at a playground.

But that's the point, or whatever the fuck.

I dunno. People here say it is.
>>
>>12460869
>Aida's boyfriend's death
>exception

Not really, Aida lost her boyfriend and Bell ahd his first kill yet neither of them acted close enough to how someone should act on that situation, it was cringe-worthy to watch.
>>
>>12460345
>What went wrong?
Tomino not only refused to retire, he refused taking his medicine, and we all paid the price.
>>
>>12460355
You don't even watched any other Gundam series based in UC time line, don't come around talking like you know something
>>
>>12460830
doesnt make the show any more exciting, just condescending towards its own cast.
>>
File: 1428877270760.jpg (108 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1428877270760.jpg
108 KB, 500x500
It's like no one gives a fuck about nothing, was too weird for me.

I didn't enjoy the show.
>>
File: greco-oneesan.jpg (81 KB, 980x719) Image search: [Google]
greco-oneesan.jpg
81 KB, 980x719
>>12460345
Lack of taboos broken.
>>
>>12460345
Doesn't work too well with only two cours.
>>
>People still think G-Reco is bad
boy I can't wait for this meme to die
>>
I know Gundam is usually quite edgy but sanding the edges smooth and not pushing any taboo or boundries...

The characters and scenarios should revolve around creating intense emotion in the viewer.

G-Reko did not do this.

I get more feels of Steven Universe than Gundam...
>>
>>12462172
>The characters and scenarios should revolve around creating intense emotion in the viewer.
Yeah, I feel you. G-Reco needed more EPIIC TWEESSTS! and more Sawano inserts
>>
>>12462063
It's not "bad." But it's not great either.
>>
>>12462255
But it is great
It's not perfect of course, but it's still great
>>
Was G-Self sentient?
>>
>>12462285
Barely. It implied that the G-Self mas made specifically for finding and protecting the Rayhuntons, leading to the deaths of Cahill and Dellensen
>>
>>12462282
I thoroughly disagree.
>>
>>12462311
Very well, you don't have to agree with me or like the show if you don't want to
But G-Reco is still great
>>
no fan service filler episode.
>>
>>12460345
I found the insufficient number of Doujin disturbing.
>>
>>12462341
>No Rairaya DP doujins
Come on Japan, you can do better than this...
>>
>>12462285
There are couple lines of dialogue about how it was made to protect Bellri and everyone but nothing about it actually being sentient.

There's also that theory about auto defense AI wasting Cahill and Dellensen.
>>
>>12460892
Tell me, then, how SHOULD they act?

Aida held a grudge and found it very difficult to keep her composure when thinking about Cahill's death, which is very major considering her thing is being able to put up a brave face. She didn't forgive Bellri until she nearly blew up his mom and realized how easy it was to become a murderer, and even then didn't verbalize her forgiveness of him until the end of the series to keep him motivated. It's consistent and her gradual acceptance of Bellri is tied with her forgiving him and is thematically appropriate with not clinging to the past or dead people.

Bellri on the other hand has an extremely hard time accepting responsibility for killing people. He blames them for being the aggressors and seems to have a phobia of killing people, as a result of killing someone close to him. His reckless impulses got his teacher killed and Bellri was forced to learn the lesson that he had been trying to teach him. After returning from Venus Globe, Bellri uses the G-Self's immense power responsibly, shouldering the lives of both his allies and enemies. He's totally different from all those other idiots who recklessly used their weapons like toys, blinded to the destruction they're causing by jingoistic fervor. It was thanks to Dellensen's death that Bellri learned not to treat things as though it were a game.
>>
File: 1AutDmg[1].jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1AutDmg[1].jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
No Seig Zeon!
>>
>>12462366
Remember that Tomino went on a rant about religion and zealotry?

Religion and zealotry feed people's reckless impulses to which war and violence is a theatrical act, almost a game, to serve the purposes of the movement.
>>
File: 2bc.jpg (17 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
2bc.jpg
17 KB, 399x388
>>12462414
FUCKING ZEEKFAGS
GET THE FUCK OFF MY EARTH SPHERE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>12460345
I wanted to watch Victory 2, but Tomino wanted to make Turn-A lite.

The fleets were established to be very small, so all battles had to end with "the enemy is retreating, we should retreat too". It wasn't even a stalemate, it was a cat's game where none of the battles amounted to anything in terms of relative fighting strength of the factions, reducing the battles to sparkly filler..
>>
>>12462449
>Religion and zealotry feed people's reckless impulses to which war and violence is a theatrical act, almost a game, to serve the purposes of the movement.
I don't think it is that, I think it is the fact that religion tells people WHAT to do, by not WHY, so people don't gain a scale of importance or a real understanding of how to act from religion.
There is a scenes where Moe-Pope reveals that Photon Batteries are not made on Earth, and his face his like "You believed these were made on Earth? What a bunch of morons", that is because they followed SU-Cordism without questioning any of the taboos or the system itself.
And a lot of taboos are just "common sense in space", like "Don't shoot on the colonies!". People say it is taboo, but apparently they don't understand why. For example, Bellri attacks Aida when she is using the Umbilical Cord as a shield, he does it anyway, not understanding the mess eh could cause, and we later see what could have happened when Kia opened a hole under Venus Globe.
Both situations were crazy and both pilots knew they shouldn't be doing that. At the end what matters is understanding the situation you are in after experience, and Bellri during the whole anime gains experience about taboos and stuff, understanding why he shouldn't be doing certain things.
>>
>>12462459
your soul is just pulled down by gravity.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
>>12462517
ZEEEEEEEEK
ZEEEEEEEEEEK
GET OUUUUT
GET OUUT OF MY EARTHSPHERE YOU FUCKING ZEEEEEKS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH
GET OUT
GET OUT
GET OOOOOOUUUUUUUUUT
>>
>>12460876
It's because it's been hundreds of years since humanity got into a huge conflict.
>>
>>12460345
It ended.
That's it we needs more stuff from the RC era its pretty interesting. But Tomino keeps insisting hes to old for 50 eps the fucker.
>>
>>12462255
Aida would have need to be useful for that.
>>
>>12462366
>>12462449
>>12462510
I like it when we get into these kinds of discussions.
>>
File: evangelion beast.webm (3 MB, 528x360) Image search: [Google]
evangelion beast.webm
3 MB, 528x360
>>12462550

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://youtu.be/7HtdfhJVLJU
>>
>>12462172
>I get more feels of Steven Universe than Gundam...
>feels
>Tumblr Universe

Please kill yourself
>>
File: 1426283342529.jpg (56 KB, 572x503) Image search: [Google]
1426283342529.jpg
56 KB, 572x503
>>12462576
>le aida is so useless xD
I can't wait for this meme to die
>>
>>12460795
>>12460980
>MUH TENSION

Oh look its THIS retard again.
>>
>>12462738
>can't even provide hints of incest
Aida was so damn useless.
>>
File: 1422258636012.jpg (65 KB, 793x900) Image search: [Google]
1422258636012.jpg
65 KB, 793x900
>>12462760
>>can't even provide hints of incest
Not by Tomino that's sure
>>
>>12462779
Otone never disappoints.
>>
>>12462747
>MUH retarded greentext response.
Oh look its THIS retard again.
>>
>>12460345
Not enough episodes.
>>
>>12460345

>Terrible mecha designs bar one or two
>Fuckawful characters, the lot of them
>Trying to recapture his early work, which is outdated as fuck
>Desperately clinging to Anti-American sentiments
>Shit battles
>Half the plot could be scrapped and it still wouldn't have any drive or make any sense
>Shit OPs and EDs
>Unlikeable fucking protags
>Uguu kawaii main gendum with the most inconsistent design of any Gundam in any show, ever
>I can keep going
>>
>>12460345
Little resolution or backstory. As always, Tomino does great world building, but illustrates very little of it. All the little details are nice, but seeing Mask's hatred of Bellri develop or Cumpa's background and motivations would have been better.
>>
>>12460345
Pacing was my main issue. Felt like for some episodes important things were happening but it didnt feel important at all, like their problems and issues had no weight. Other than that is it the best Gundam, nah, but its still rather enjoyable.
>>
>>12462929
>I can keep going
>he can keep baiting
>>
>>12462929
>>12463031
A Master of Baiting.
>>
>>12462929
>>Shit OPs and EDs

the OPs were actually pretty shit. bad music choice, boring choreography and lame reuse of existing animation from the show rather than all-new material, which should be expected of higher budget shows.
>>
>>12460345
there was nothing really wrong with it
it didn't really have any flaws and it was not hard to follow despite what trolls say

it was just terribly mediocre
>>
>>12462929
>Anti-American sentiments
I kek'd
>>
>>12463305
> lame reuse of existing animation
Tomino explicitly designed the OP as an insult to Fukada's statement that an OP was the most important aspect of a show and that everything else (read: story/plot/character development) was secondary.
>>
File: Full Gendo.jpg (75 KB, 240x239) Image search: [Google]
Full Gendo.jpg
75 KB, 240x239
>>12463497
>it sucks on purpose
really, kunt?
>>
>>12463530
You just don't get it.
>>
>>12462366
>Aida held a grudge and found it very difficult to keep her composure when thinking about Cahill's death
All the more reason she should have been completely devastated by it.

>She didn't forgive Bellri until she nearly blew up his mom and realized how easy it was to become a murderer
Maybe she didnt literally say so, but she accepted Bellri very quickly considering he, you know, killed her bf.

>gradual
Except is not gradual at all. Do G-reco fags know the meaning of gradual?

>Bellri on the other hand has an extremely hard time accepting responsibility for killing people.
This is an outright lie since he didnt give a shit about his first kill.
>>
Tomino is a crazy old coot.
>>
Aside from being an overall boring anime, the OP really felt like it was made to suck. Come on, just look at other Gundam`s op (even BF) and you can see how much G-Reco lacks in that department
>>
All I wanted was one thing.

And that was a doujin where Barara survives the Yggdrasil blowing up, but is left brain damaged and blind, limping around Earth while everyone spits on her and she doesn't know why, like with Katejina in V Gundam.

Then some Capital Army soldiers come by and "eat" her.
>>
>>12462728
>Tumblr universe
So you don't think there should be big epic feelings associated with big epic robots? Without big epic feels, there's no human weight to a story. It becomes meaningless abstracts because if they don't give a shit, why should I give a shit?

G-Reco feels either like a very well orchestrated play or that everyone's on anti-depressants and can't feel anything.

And no, SU is pretty good. It did something new: We saw a big weird scifi universe from the perspective of a child.We explore what a family is, what loss is and how people keep living with their rock (har har) is replaced with a burdain. The gems feel obligated but there's resentment for Steven because Rose had to die for him to exist and Rose was the deciding force in the war.

There's the implied lesbonics between Pearl (second in command) and Rose (their leader). Garnet is literally two people. Amethyst has had a relationship of implied pedophilia with Greg. The list goes on. Its lots of people having or wanting really weird things and finding either ways to live with what they want or live without it -- but more importantly, live with their decisions.

Historically, wasn't Gundam about living with your decisions?

I mean fuck, Bright took his son's life without even knowing.

War has consequences. You have to live with those consequences. And that either means changing yourself or lying to yourself to keep your shit together.

What's the old writer's maxim? "Hoping and coping are empathy's fame but seeing casts fall apart and then pull through is the real game?"

Reconguista is just a barrel of tropes trying to be something and it never becomes anything. Its too engineered from a marketing perspective and not written enough from a narrative standpoint.
>>
Reconguista is just a barrel of tropes trying to be something and it never becomes anything. Its too engineered from a marketing perspective and not written enough from a narrative standpoint.
HOW CAN YOU BE SO FUCKING WRONG
>>
>>12465914
>Historically, wasn't Gundam about living with your decisions?

A major theme of the original Gundam, and the UC timeline as a whole, is entrusting the future to the younger generation. In that regard, G-Reco carries on that belief beautifully.

Let's rewind a bit and look at two things Tomino has said about the show. First: this show was for children, not Gundam fans. Second: he was including allusions to real-life issues Japan is facing in order to get the children to think about them. Stuff like Japan's dependancy on foreign fuel, the current attempts by the Japanese government to seek remilitarization, and Japan's xenophobia/racism.

These issues are not black and white. There is no right and wrong here. They all have pros and cons. Tomino is not Fukuda. He's not going to tell you what's right or wrong, he's asking you to decide for yourself while being open to what others have to say.

That's the reason why they never specified what Aida is going to do post-war. He's not going to advertise her actions, whatever they are, as being correct of righteous. Personally, I think at this point whatever those actions are is up to the viewer. Whatever Aida is doing, it's what you believe is the right path. Tomino is intrusting the future of RC (and by proxy, Japan) to the children watching.
>>
I didn't watch it because I hated pretty much the entire cast.
>>
>>12466147
>Tomino is intrusting the future of RC

funny, because G-Reco's future is Turn A
>>
BACKPACKS
>>
>>12465914
Fuck off, you Clawshrimpy-tier autist.
>>
The dialogue was weird. The characters' motivation and actions seemed odd. Let's go to Towasanga. Now let's go to Venus. Not sure why, but let's go.
Raraiya being retarded as fuck and then all good in a second without any explanation. The G-IT corps guy firing rifles under the space sea, knowing how fragile it was, being so surprised when he shot through it and then he kept blaming Bellri for doing it.
I still don't know what the fuck was the point of the Towasangan kid surrendering and then straight up joining them for no reason. He selved no purpose in the show anyway.

I started enjoying it more towards the end but I would never call it 'great'.
>>
>>12460345
Nothing. It was great. I already miss it.
>>
File: 1426022150889.jpg (66 KB, 646x617) Image search: [Google]
1426022150889.jpg
66 KB, 646x617
>>12460345
It was too short.
>>
>>12460345
It's need more Klimton Nickini
>>
>>12462459
Naive feddie.
>>
>>12466735
Space Scum!
>>
File: htfdghfgf.jpg (264 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
htfdghfgf.jpg
264 KB, 1024x768
>>12460345
The toilet seats, specifically.
WTF: clicking a second time gave me a captcha but some of those are unidentifiable.
>>
>>12466751
>Look at picture, minimize it again
>Open it again because it looks like IE for a moment
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.