[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how does /m/ feel about stomping around in 10 foot tall s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Space_Hulk-artwork.jpg (1 MB, 1502x2000) Image search: [Google]
Space_Hulk-artwork.jpg
1 MB, 1502x2000
So how does /m/ feel about stomping around in 10 foot tall suits of power armor through dark, clausterphobic hallways of a derelict collection of fused spaceships fight eight foot tall aliens that can tear through the strongest metals like cardboard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMHW_cWoeos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGmmXd8r4YQ
(Yeah, the music sucks, I know...)

Made by the E.Y.E. devs and according to them, these trailers were all made with in-game assets.
>>
>>12459775
>You gain Throne Gelt
>You gain Throne Gelt.
>My bolter is jammed.
>My bolter is OK.
>>
>>12459775
>EYE Devs
>[Brozouf intensifies]
But really? Space Hulk again? I'm glad we're at least getting something, but they should really lay off SH for a while since it recently got two games.
>>
>>12459775
I actually like the music thematically; it fits the whole 'last stand' feeling they were going for with the trailer. But yeah, it doesn't really fit for a 40k game. But anyways this does look pretty cool. Between this and the Battlefleet Gothic game coming out in a while (http://www.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/), 40k seems to be doing well lately.
>>
Is there any gameplay footage at all? I keep hearing about this game, and seeing trailers, and I still have no idea what kind of game it is.
>>
>>12459775
What do you mean the music sucks? It's great.

It's certainly a lot better than the pseudo-metal gothic garbage 40k is usually associated with.
>>
>>12459818
Well, the other Spess Halks weren't big budget projects.

>>12459885
FPS.
>>
>>12459885
Perplexingly, we have nothing on that front but an occasional leaked off-cam footage snapshot.
>>
It's so wierd that of all things Space Hulk is going to be a Wii U game. I had to do a double take at the vdieo conference when I saw that.
>>
>>12459853
If it was doing well, then they would have toys instead of just the miniatures.
Not that I know if that's any indication of success, I'd just rather have toys than miniatures.
>tfw no Mantis Warriors
>>
>>12462691
Wait, so aside from the recent game on steam, and Deathwing, there's another Space Hulk?
>>
>>12459775
>eight foot tall aliens that can tear through the strongest metals like cardboard

I can't help but feel like the armor is a hindrance more than anything at that point.
>>
>>12459775
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug_gqH1tzPk

nice
>>
>>12462698
Termies are needed because of the cramped spaces and the need for the ability to put down heavy firepower in one direction. Due to the narrow corridors and hallways, a single marine needs to be able to hold off an entire onslaught.

A Standard bolter isn't going to do much against a horde of genesteakers; you need a Storm Bolter.
>>
>>12462787

Not that it matters much, Genestealers have always been broken as hell. There's a reason playing as Genestealers is easy mode unless the Termie player uses the cheap box strategy.
>>
>>12462787
>having to devote some of the most highly expensive resources a chapter can muster (termie armor and the highly experience marines inside them) to maybe get some lost tech that won't be in a salvageable state
>>
>>12459775
feels better when it's Aliens Tribes
>>
File: 2915118-aliens_tribes_5.jpg (333 KB, 986x1600) Image search: [Google]
2915118-aliens_tribes_5.jpg
333 KB, 986x1600
>>12462818
forgot pic derp
>>
File: mechanus.jpg (109 KB, 860x600) Image search: [Google]
mechanus.jpg
109 KB, 860x600
>>12462804
dat STC though

I heard rumor they built a TRACTOR from one, that's all the way out in the Ultima Segmantum though, hopefully we'll be seeing it in about 300 years
>>
>>12462832
>tfw Deathwing culminates in the STC of an ipod nano
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.