[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else find the failure to scale tanks in Gundam shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: capture_655_17042015_035219.jpg (127 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
capture_655_17042015_035219.jpg
127 KB, 1920x1080
Does anyone else find the failure to scale tanks in Gundam shows kinda hilarious? One scene they are up to a Zaku's shins,another scene they are this size.

And Magella-cannon Zakus seem to imply that this size is the canon size despite other more consistently animated Gundam shows having them much smaller.
>>
You read Sousei yet? Being an animator for the original Gundam was hell, OP.
>>
>>12459713
I actually have not read it, do you have a link?

Scale inconsistencies on the Magella cannon versus actual Magellas get bad in 08th MS team especially. Where the Magellas are consistently sized but small and the cannons are huge when held by a Zaku.
>>
Scale is a bitch, although I think the Magella tank actually was intended to be that large. The Zaku Tank is supposed to be a Zaku's upper body on the lower hull of a Magella tank of course, and then there is the gun size comparison.
>>
File: Magella size inconsistency.jpg (516 KB, 874x1391) Image search: [Google]
Magella size inconsistency.jpg
516 KB, 874x1391
>>12459740
There's also this.
>>
File: Magella toy scale.jpg (92 KB, 865x412) Image search: [Google]
Magella toy scale.jpg
92 KB, 865x412
>>12459740
Also the Gundam wiki doesn't cite its claim that the Magella can't twist its turret, where is that from?

THis is actually a pretty nice scale/
>>
>>12459698
A Zaku is as tall as a F-15 is long, which is roughly twice as long as a M1A1 is. The animators were probably just getting their height and length mixed up.
>>
File: 1420166653088.jpg (309 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1420166653088.jpg
309 KB, 2000x1000
>>12459698
>>
>Expecting decent animation from the most overrated timeline in the most overrated anime ever

There's your problem, right there.
>>
>>12459995
>expecting lame as fuck bait to work
That's your problem right there
>>
>>12459780
>>Also the Gundam wiki
Stop right there
>>
>>12459780
This scale does work really well. I can' imagine the hilarity if they tried to use the 08ms sized tanks to make a Zaku Tank.
>>
They're about the same size. Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to transform properly

https://youtu.be/wUbPkFwrHAA
>>
File: DSCN7409.jpg~original.jpg (174 KB, 1016x631) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7409.jpg~original.jpg
174 KB, 1016x631
I AM BEST ZAKU TANK.
>>
>>12459814
Huh.
They managed to explain a plot hole with just that.
>>
>>12459748

"As the war dragged on, mobile suits of the Federation became more fit for duty and had also outnumbered those of the Zeon-Army. Their deterioration was substansive and soon there was an extreme lack in "ausrüstungspanzern" (lit. Equipment tanks). As especialy the "Balancers" (sensors, that allow for secure locomotion) needed constant maintenance and reparations there was an increase in the ammount of Zakus at the front that were unable to "walk" properly. Eventually the extreme shortage of pilots was responsible for inexperienced pilots only driving Zakus straightforward.(Lolwut?) These hardships forced them to produce a tank-like understructure for the Zaku. And thus retired and useless Zakus slowly became tanks.
>>
>>12460569

MS 06 V Zaku-Tank
Here, the lower driveable structure of the Magellan Attack was enlarged and equiped with upper half of a Zaku. It was mainly used for construction work, altough some also served as anti-air units for the base and for covering fire.

A learning computer, like the one developed by the federation, was not present in Zeon's Mobile Suits. Thus it took pilots longer to improve and the standstill that the one year war had reached came with a lack of pilots (dem phrases bro). This caused the tactics of the Zeon army operating on earth to be set to tight limits. This experience was the reason for the development of the hover-mobile suit (Dom Type).
>>
>>12460624

RMV1 Guntank II

A further developed Version of the Guntank I with more firepower. When this mobile suit was ready for practical use, the main theatre of war had already moved to outer-space, and thus only few units were produced.

RX 75 Guntank

The federation's army build this mobile suit on the foundations of previously developed models to raise their fighting strength as quickly as possible.

MS 06 V Zaku-Tank

An alternative to earlier mobile suits born out of necessity. Used for on-site repairwork.
>>
>>12459748
>that bottom right Zaku tank

What is even the point of slapping a torso and head on that one?
>>
>>12459713
Seconding >>12459738 request for a link
>>
>>12461354

I guess they linked the AA-guns into the Zaku's system?
>>
>>12460268
I was wondering what gave them that impression. I wasn't saying they were correct.

>>12460460
Best toy, badass pincers and other awesome shit.

>>12459814
I guess that makes sense if they are different models?

>>12460569
>>12460624
>>12460693
Thanks germanbro
>>
>>12460460
I'll never understand what the point of spring loaded missiles was. If you shot them, they'd instantly go mising forever, but if you just left them in the gun they looked stupid.
>>
File: MagellaEins.jpg (18 KB, 400x243) Image search: [Google]
MagellaEins.jpg
18 KB, 400x243
The Magella Eins is a pretty good looking air-mobile light tank.
>>12462971
That one doesn't look too bad honestly.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.