[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Unicorn is now retconned and no longer canon >Char and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: muh lalah.jpg (88 KB, 859x603) Image search: [Google]
muh lalah.jpg
88 KB, 859x603
>Unicorn is now retconned and no longer canon
>Char and Amuro are no longer dead
>How do you write them back in?
>>
>>12379931
I don't.

Char and Amuro are dead and I'm OK with that because it was only a matter of time before they killed each other.
>>
File: Clop-Class_&_Jegan.png (950 KB, 1332x720) Image search: [Google]
Clop-Class_&_Jegan.png
950 KB, 1332x720
Back when Axis was pushed away from Earth the rock where the Nu Gundam was pushing caves in causing both Amuro, and Char fall in preventing them from being burned up. Then the Federation fleet finds them both on Axis. There is my bullshit excuse for them coming back.
>>
>>12379931
I don't, I keep the fucking mistery since Unicorn is shit for declaring them dead
>>
>>12379993
This.
>>
Write Chan out.
Bring back Beltochika
>>
They're living with Shiro and Aina.
>>
So, are we talking corpse confirmed dead? Because you can be declared legally dead under a number of circumstances that don't require you actually being dead. It's just an expedient label given to people who are missing long enough for an assumption to be made.
>>
New Type Space Magic sends Char, Amuro, Nu Gundam and Axis far into the future. They end up just after the events of Greco. Char escapes and becomes leader of Ameria. They rebel against Capital and the technology taboos. Amuro and the Nu Gundam is at first against Char but eventually sides with him.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 499x498) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 499x498
>>12380169
So autistic, it just might work...
>>
I would just rewrite Unicorn to where Marida kills Riddhe. Then all my problems are solved.
>>
>>12380220
... Or they drag the banshee with them during the escape
>>
>>12380220
The loli newtype ghosts of all the dead Purus come and save their last sister.
>>
>>12380220
Or, OR the writing for Unicorn isn't total shit and Riddhe isn't some beta retard who randomly becomes a depressed edgelord in like a week. Instead he gets his hands on a Rezel or a replacement Delta Plus from the General Revil and pushes Zeke shit in, kills Angelo, disables the colony laser before it can even fire so we don't get a fucking Unicorn God, and NTRs Banagher by banging both Marida and Mineva at the same time while Banagher watches
>>
>>12379993
I always thought it was pretty obviously shown in CCA that they both died. I mean, beyond the logistics of surviving the most powerful autism explosion of all time, they probably would have been found pretty fast if they were still floating around.
>>
File: 74xTXxO.jpg (155 KB, 972x1000) Image search: [Google]
74xTXxO.jpg
155 KB, 972x1000
>>12380325
>randomly

This picture is tongue in cheek but it's also entirely legitimate.
>>
Char:
>adopts a whole bunch of little girls
>26 episode show about all the fun antics they get into

Amuro:
>don't care
>>
>>12380343
So brain damage?

Because if Riddhe were still sane he would carry out his duty as a soldier and as a righteous man by putting the Sleeves to rest and by stopping the colony laser scheme.

So what if these people are fucking psychopaths who do inane things for no reason? Hell, murdering the Vists at AE and his own father would probably even be reasonable if he really cared about the stupid SINS OF MUH FATHERS
>>
>>12380242
If I ever find myself in a situation where I have to get away from pursuers, I'll remember to always bring or destroy the obvious thing that can bite me in the back if they get ahold of it. Thanks, Unicorn!
>>
>>12380220

Frankly, before Riddhe went crazy, he was a lot more likeable than Banagher and has more of a character arc. I'd personally have made him the protagonist, and have Neo-Zeon get their hands on the Banshee instead.

Riddhe would actually have tough decisions to make: Side with his family, or unveil the truth of Laplace's Box? More, he'd be grappling with his own worthiness - "*I'm* the Unicorn's chosen pilot? But...I'm just a soldier. And my father's literally part of the Jewish conspiracy that controls the Federation! I'm the WORST person to have to choose between what is good for me and what is right!"

Seriously, does anyone else feel that Unicorn missed the point? It's not a prophecy if you FULFILL IT YOURSELF. Why bother waiting for humans to evolve, if you can breed a son who is the greatest Newtype of all time?

That undercuts the whole 'possibility' bullshit, because you're not trusting in providence! You're HIJACKING THE PROPHECY.
>>
>>12380391

You know, the most logical and reasonable thing to do would be to destroy the Unicorn or hand it over to the Federation. The moment they do that, Neo-Zeon's entire plan is scuppered.

In fact, the only reason why things got so far is because of an astonishingly retarded and unlikely sequence of events, complete with everyone deciding to change sides at the end.
>>
>>12380220

I'm glad Marida died, because SOMEONE had to die during the finale. It would have been diabetic otherwise. Given that she's apparently supposed to be Mary Magdalene or something.
>>
>>12380479
But why the last Puru?
>>
>>12380555

There wasn't anyone else who could be killed off.
>>
>>12380335
See that's the thing, there are plenty of reasons for both of them to be alive or dead. The best part though, it's that we never get a confirmation, so the mistery still remained.
That's one of the things I liked the most about CCA, and then that piece of shit called Unicorn had to ruin it with "muh magical newtype ghosts"
Seriously, fuck Unicorn
>>
>>12379931
Give them both a beard and sunglasses then change their names to Amano Streak and Qinco Benison. One mysteriously appears as a vigilante and the other a mentor for whatever the new protagonist is.
>>
They're in cryo sleep tubes on the colony around saturn. Jewdough takes them and the millions of other new types to another star.
>>
File: inigo1.jpg (55 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
inigo1.jpg
55 KB, 500x432
>>12380479
>diabetic
>>
>>12380584

I honestly thought they HAD to be dead. Like, this was their last, epic battle. There's no reason for them to be alive any longer. And frankly, it's impossible to get away from the Char vs. Amuro narrative even WITH them dead.

Unicorn is basically all about re-enacting Amuro Ray versus Char. I'm surprised they didn't get more metafictional.
>>
>>12380620
First time on the Internet, or just butthurt about
>muh literal meanings of words
>>
>>12380636
CCA was basically Tomino writting off Amuro and Char (and subsequently Feddies vs Zeeks) out of UC. Alive or dead, they wouldn't be appearing any time soon.
Honestly it leads you to believe they're dead, but when you examinate the movie more closely, you can argue that they shouldn't have.
The mistery remains, because it's more up to the viewer to get their own conclusions
That's one of the main reasons I hate Unicorn. Fuck all kind of mistery or after-thoughts, just give them mecha fan-wank and Seed level writing to the viewers, I'm sure they'll like it
>>
>In the farthest flung of futures, scientists study the energy cloud that still orbits the earth as a result of the Axis shock event.

>They find that the radiation is actually leaking in from another dimension where Amuro Ray is still alive in suspended animation.

>Amuro must get used to a world where his life is a legend and everyone he cared for is gone.

>The bad guys are all literal Char Clones.
>>
>>12380220
>Marida kills Riddhe.
Before Riddhe kills Loni.
>>
>>12380713
Yeah, one of the flaws with Unicorn. They really should have re written the end from the original trash in the books.
>>
>>12380758
Amuro and the nu Gundam create a hypercrisis event.

Now in a strange parallel universe. Amuro and Char must battle against all the other masked man characters from the other Gundam series.
>>
Both survive, but become potato.
Neo Zeon says "just fuck my shit up" seeing as everyone in command is dead.
Combat data is taken from the Nu and Sazabi and programmed into biocomputers for later
Then F90 happens.
>>
They are dead, but they clone them and a newtype medium puts their souls into their clone bodies.
>>
>>12379931
I dont
I 'd just rewrite ZZ and chars counterattack
>>
>>12382321
or they died but their souls remain in the Nu Gundam and the Sazabi's cockpit. Nu Gundam is now sentient and the Sazabi cockpit is used to build the Sinanju.
>>
>>12380343
I want someone to do something as good as that but with Mask.
>>
>>12380037

It was never supposed to be a mystery in the first place. Tomino wanted them dead, Bandai didn't. Bandai won and made a compromise to keep the mystery "just in case". Tomino wanted them dead, same as he wanted Amuro dead at the end of 0079 though.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.