[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mom, I had this terrible nightmare that Reiji never came back,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 18
File: sei_iori5.jpg (15 KB, 320x205) Image search: [Google]
sei_iori5.jpg
15 KB, 320x205
Mom, I had this terrible nightmare that Reiji never came back, so I became depressed and put the gunpla I built for him in our trophy and then forgot about it. Then, years later, a complete retard who doesn't even know what Gundam is found it and was convinced by some kind of underage turboslut to pilot it, and everyone was sucking his dick comparing him to Reiji even though he never did anything to demonstrate he had half the skills, talent, or effort.

Then they started playing in the u-19 nationals, and this idiot was getting carried by my gunpla the whole time. Every opponent in the nationals either deserved to win more than his team or were more skilled and experienced, but he rolled through them effortlessly anyway. The power scaling was all over the place and everyone was an edgy tryhard. In the end they fought a pale shadow of my final battle ending when they turned into spirit animals and blew up Earth.

The worst part is he took my masterpiece, Build Burning Gundam, and altered it with the minimum effort put in to turn it into a toyetic monstrosity, and then did it again after the tournament, ripping off my concept and creating some hideous samurai bootleg and slapping his name on it. And I couldn't say anything the entire time, I had to just watch it on TV as he dragged everything I stood for through the dirt, because his teammate was China's brother.

But at least it was all just a dream.
>>
>>12372385
He didn't altered it
>>
>>12372385
underrated post
>>
File: SDR hippo.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SDR hippo.png
1 MB, 1280x720
But Sei, Reiji didn't know shit about gunpla and Stomped many people with much more experience in gundam series lore and gunpla fights.
>>
Hush, Sei, no tears, only glory now.
>>
>>12372385
Build Fighters was always shit
>>
Yuuma is the one who designed Try burning though.
>>
>>12372460
Reiji also had no personal stake in it either. He only fought at first because he was butt hurt that he lost to Yuuki in a kid's game, and then later because he enjoyed it.
>>
>>12372460

Reiji didn't know about Gundam because he came from space. Sekai on the other hand has no excuse. Society revolves around Gundam in GBF.

And Reiji lost to Yuuki in episode 2 and then underwent serious training, fighting Fellini until his hands were bruised. Sekai wiggles the gendum around a little and is suddenly unstoppable until a few fights in the nationals.
>>
File: HitoriJaNai.png (437 KB, 511x653) Image search: [Google]
HitoriJaNai.png
437 KB, 511x653
>>12372385
It's ok, Sei, the nightmare is over.
>>
>>12372522
Sekai was training in the mountains away from civilization for an unspecified amount of time.

Also, Saga handed him his ass pretty hard pre-nationals, as did Minato.
>>
>>12372522
we don't know where sekai is from. How does someone not know what the biggest sport in the world is? Gundam series in BF is like common knowledge to everyone.

Sekai being from Space would also make sense
>>
>>12372385
Fuck off Sei, the Build Burning was boring overpowered shit; and going by Yuuma you were an awful teacher.
>>
>>12372573
Two months

TWO FUCKING MONTHS

Admittedly, Mirai is equally retard since she also know jack shit about gunpla
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 640x360
>>12372385
That was no dream
>>
>>12372385
Reminder Sei was an awful teacher. Yuuma learned more from his rival than his teacher. Also Sekai's build burning looks better than yours or Yuuma's.
>>
Based Shingyo Slut could not quite save everything, but still made shit more enjoyable.
>>
>>12372460
Did anyone in Try outside of Ral or Turn A dude even know anything about Gundam outside of Gunpla?

I don't recall anyone dropping trivia or making any references.
>>
>>12372522
>Society revolves around Gundam in GBF

You're making a bigger deal out of it than it is. We've been shown several people who were completely ignorant of gundam and others who just thought of it as "that kids game".

Its popular enough to be around the same level as a competitive sport but remember that we are seeing the BF world through the eyes of people into gunpla battle with a large focus of the show on gunpla battle related things.
>>
>>12372609

Yuuma clearly saw Zeta Gundam. He was fantasizing that he was Kamille and Mirai was Four at one point.
>>
>>12372609
Fumina and sekai sang the ZZ opening, Yuuma reference Kamille's date with Four, and some other minor things.
>>
>>12372623
Why is Yuma such an asshole? fantasizing girls as Four is bad.
>>
File: SDR Zeta fags.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SDR Zeta fags.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>12372609
I'd say most of the characters know about gundam anime, But I'd say more were just Gunpla dorks.
>>
>>12372385
No Sei.

YOU are a dream.
>>
>>12372385
It's all right child come bury your face in mothers bosom
>>
No Sei, you can't pass it off as a dream. You gave up hope, left the model behind, and then even gave him permission to keep using it and sent him spare parts. You made your bed, now lie in it.
>>
>>12372723
WITHOUT HIS BOYFRIEND
how can you be so cruel
>>
Sei, what happened to Mao?
>>
Hoping for an HG Woundwort, but I know it would have happened by now if it was ever going to happen.
>>
What's the date for the OST?
>>
>>12372385
Bravo.

Saved for being BFT in a nutshell.
>>
>>12372635
He know he has no chance with Mirai
>>
>>12372522
Sekai wiggles it around to know the movement limitation and trained himself to be one with the gundam even though the controller is using two hand instead of all part of his body.
>>
>>12373026
Both GBF and Try are garbage.
>>
>>12373102
You're the exception to the rule
>>
>>12373107
Ok
>>
>>12372600
Not Sei's fault that Yuuma had the confidences of a background character that resulted in him calling it quits because someone insulted him.
>>
>>12372740
It was hinted that he died when his solar panels and satellite system exploded.
>>
>>12372573
>Sekai was training in the mountains away from civilization for an unspecified amount of time.

I don't see how a completely unrelated field of expertise translates to being good at Gundam
>>
>>12373292
It means he wasn't around areas where he'd be exposed heavily to gundam, if at all.
>>
>>12373292
It is like how being good a video games make you a good giant robot pilot.
>>
>>12373292
Sekai's a sparking special snowflake, he ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
File: SRWOGDW01-05[1].jpg (36 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
SRWOGDW01-05[1].jpg
36 KB, 704x396
>>12373308
It doesn't?
>>
File: g-gundam.jpg (128 KB, 848x562) Image search: [Google]
g-gundam.jpg
128 KB, 848x562
>>12372578
I still don't get why Fumina and Yuuma didn't show G Gundam to Sekai. It is so obvious it hurts - he could watch anime about melee kung fu robots and improve his gunpla fighting style from it. And imagine his reaction when he sees Domon.
But instead they watched opening of ZZ for some reason.
>>
You cannot deny that you wouldn't love being in Sekai's position.
>>
>12373122
Jeremy, go back to worshipping Slaine.
>>
>>12374667
>But instead they watched opening of ZZ for some reason.
because UC fags
>>
>>12372580
He was to busy balling his sister to properly teach gunpla
>>
>>12372410

Watch the last episode, faggotlord
>>
>>12372578

No, it's not.
>>
>>12372600
>implying Sei was his teacher
>>
>>12372609

In season 1, they dropped a LOT of references.
>>
>>12374779
Try Burning is standing in the club room, watch credits.
>>
>>12374792

What point of two different gunpla you don't get?
>>
File: Why sei is better than sekai.jpg (373 KB, 761x909) Image search: [Google]
Why sei is better than sekai.jpg
373 KB, 761x909
>>
>>12374835
>12373122
Eh, it just doesn't have the magic of the SEED ones. Dunno why. Perhaps TOO broken and disjointed. Did those use any symbols, like "@"?
>>
But why were you dreaming of Sazaki being big breasted girl, are you feeling that miserable with China?
>>
>>12372967
Much like Kamille with Four.
>>
>>12372609
A lot of people knew stuff but hid their power levels for some reason. You'd think this board would love that, since they're always like "Can't let these normies know I'm a NERD!"
>>
>>12372460
Don't ruin their hate circlejerking faggotry, son.
>>
File: 1312565219331.jpg (147 KB, 320x398) Image search: [Google]
1312565219331.jpg
147 KB, 320x398
>>12374864
It's on par with the original.
>>
>>12374986
I see the problem. The GBF one looks too clean in comparison. The character art needs to be more squashed and poorly edited.
>>
File: 1368244547403.jpg (122 KB, 592x768) Image search: [Google]
1368244547403.jpg
122 KB, 592x768
>>12374986
Ah, I see, I'd never seen this one before. I'm used to the ones like this, where it's more just broken English with at most a number for a word.

Still, I'll concede the point.
>>
File: coop.jpg (16 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
coop.jpg
16 KB, 500x384
>>12373327
Says you.
>>
>>12374986
Well I did copy the original word for word where I could.
also "whike" is totally intentional and not at typo.
>>
>>12373026
>>12373102
>>12373107
>>12373122
epic samefag
>>
>>12374889
>You'd think this board would love that, since they're always like "Can't let these normies know I'm a NERD!"
I don't know where the fuck you've been posting but /m/ doesn't hide their power level for shit.
>>
>>12375504
epic faggot
>>
>>12372492

He just upgraded it. It's the same shit.
>>
>>12372623

And Lightning Gundam is a Zeta custom?... Of course he's a zetafag.
>>
>>12375685
Not on /m/, because they're with fellow nerds. But the normies mustn't know. They've got to keep their collection secret. I've seen so many posts.
>>
>>12374667

He could finally learn Shining Finger and he would see his master

Actually he would realize his master is a huge Gundamfag and he never knew
>>
Wait, if Kamiki Burning can output an attack as large and as phoenix-y as the one we saw, does that mean Shia is able to replicate not just the plavsky hax crystal, but also the plavsky "core" that saved Sekai twice?
>>
>>12372460
>Comparing the Plavsky Prince whose genetic makeup is 99% Plavsky to the shittiest Jigen Haoh-Ryu user including his sister
>>
>>12372460
Reiji actually lost to Yuki, and Fellini. He spent so much time training with the latter that his wrists hurt afterwards. He also only used weapons that the Build Strike had; he made use the beam rifles and sabers quite a bit. Granted the build knuckle was kinda gay but it is nowhere near that retarded flying phoenix chicken how are you bullshit that Sekai does.

Sekai just jumped into gunpla battle and was invincible. Hell, he only "lost" to Minato so Yuma could have his 1v1 showdown.

Season 1 was an ode to Gundam, Try fighters took a giant shit on the franchise.
>>
>>12374835
>>12374835
I see were it went wrong
ONLY
dog ONLY feed on shame
It really drives the point home
>>
>all these cucklords up on Sei
Stay mad seed fags.
>>
Is it just me or is BFT more like a esports tournament rather than a drama series.
They just fight the next team and move on.

Tons of plothooks that lead nowhere or just to the end of that episode.

Stolen parts, sabotage, Lucas, rivalry, the fallen martial artist, etc...
all just stomped out in the last minute.
>>
Lack of permission aside, I wonder what Sei would think of Super Fumina.
>>
>>12379864
Sekai lost servial times too, Minato multiple times. SD Fight, Tryon 3. Sekai was taken out by SDR Dragon.
>>
>>12372385
Build fighters a shit.
>>
>>12380060
You realize Tryon 3 is part of Minato's win right? Basically he lost 3 times, twice to Minato, once to SD-R. However only the first time he lost to Minato counts as a real loss due to the nature of 3v3.
>>
>>12384444
>However only the first time he lost to Minato counts as a real loss

Small detail there
Sekai lost to Minato outside of Hax Burning
Reiji lost to Yuuki on the Build Strike
>>
Allan, I had this terrible nightmare where you left me for Gunpla Academy to start a U19 team with your nephew, your niece, and some other guy. I had to work with a chick who acted exactly like me and made a SD rehash of my own gunpla and we ended up watching a U19 team with some guy who randomly found one of Iori Sei's gunpla and was being effortlessly carried by it throughout the tournament. I couldn't do anything, just watch as they ruthlessly overpowered other teams who had more experience and an actual love for gunpla.

In the middle of the dream, one of your team members was kicking their asses and talking like a big shot so I was going to kick his ass with my gunpla and you pulled the plug on the machine because you didn't want me to. Then I had to deal with Kousaka's brother's PTSD by myself by dragging him to a backwater hobby shop.

Worst of all, I snubbed genuinely creative gunpla builds in favor of boring Zeta recolors built by Kousaka's brother not once, but twice.

But at least it was all just a dream.
>>
>>12385018
>Zeta recolor
Not even that the Lightning Zeta had the decency to be. It was just a remodeled Zeta with more tacked on binders.
Yuuma is the most boring and least creative drone ever.
He's that guy who works hard day and night as a train conductor, and when he gets home, with finally some time to relax and have fun, he works on a perfectly accurate model replica of the trains and railroads at his work.
>>
as for Sekai being OP at the start for no good reason -- he really did get carried by Sei's Gunpla, he wouldn't have gotten ANYWHERE without it
but as the show goes on, he becomes actually experienced, it's implied that he's training fucking constantly (and then he becomes retarded OP as a result -- now he's pretty much using Build Burning to its fullest and it's obviously fucking broken on every level and PHOENIX, but even if you gave him a different machine (or one just slapped together), he'd still wreck shit at this point)

either way, Try is still fun, but overall quite a bit worse and visibly rushed out the door
all three of our protags are kind of shitty and are poorly characterized (Yuuma is a shitter, Sekai is a less interesting Reiji, and Minato...)
3v3 isn't a particularly great format, either

hopefully S3 fixes shit, but my hope is diminished
why does Try fucking exacerbate S1's issues instead of doing something, anything to try to fix them

>>12374667
this is easily the most disappointing thing thing of all
you don't pilot fucking Burning Gundam and not watch G Gundam

>>12372578
It's definitely a major sport but not THE defining sport of the world.
It's on the level of tennis or something -- still relatively large, materials research funding involved, focused on small groups/individuals.

>>12385018
kek
>>
>>12380056
I wonder if Sekai made Super Reijis to stop his sorrow.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.