[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rewrite GBFT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 14
File: latest.png (667 KB, 696x764) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
667 KB, 696x764
We're pretty far along in GBFT. I know it's not quite over yet, but we've seen a lot of things that could've been really great, but sadly were not.

So /m/, what would you have changed? How would you carried out the story if you were in charge, working with the characters and mecha given? Rearrange the story? Introduce characters earlier? Change their roles?
>>
>>12242449
No. No more fanfiction. Create your own robot/toy show instead.
>>
>>12242449
remove ginger
>>
>>12242449

Make the story last 2 years since Try also suffered from S1's pitfall of "(relative) unknown thrust into the stage and win it all in one go", which also gives time to actually develop characters, rivalries, and such. Also remove Lady and Assimilation since they are pointless
>>
File: wantsomefuck.jpg (105 KB, 853x467) Image search: [Google]
wantsomefuck.jpg
105 KB, 853x467
Sekai is replaced with Minato
Yuuma is replaced with Sleggar
Fumina is replaced with Gyanko

Ral is replaced with Hamon until Masashi Hirose stops dying
>>
>>12242513
>Fumina is replaced with Gyanko
Why would you make something inferior and fat with Gyanko?
>>
>>12242533
>Why would you make something inferior and fat with Gyanko?
It'll stop me from wanking to fuminabutt in the ED every time
>>
>>12242513
Why's Minato pretending to be Jewish?
>>
>>12242547
because he is
>>
File: 1425772366577.jpg (105 KB, 800x878) Image search: [Google]
1425772366577.jpg
105 KB, 800x878
Way better fights. My god the fights sucked in BFT.
Proper 50ish episode run to give more build up for rivalries/character development.
Point based tournament so we get to see rivals come back after defeat maybe? Cuz I really needed more straight build Simon.
A 3 man team with 1v1 rules but you keep fighting until you get KO'd like in old KOFs would be interesting.
>>
>>12242449
Make Gyanko, Simon and Minato the protagonists.
>>
>>12242577

The only problem is that point based tournaments appear to take too long for qualifiers since it already take 6 weekends minimum (1 round per weekend)

>KOF style matchups

Depending on how good/bad the writer is, it could turn a fighter into fucking Jesus sort of like in Yugioh 5Ds where the main character literally defeat three opponents in a row after they are down to the last man
>>
Single fights. Either ditch the team thing completely, OR make team matches that are decided in best out of three 1v1 fights. The latter would make everything take longer, though.
Sekai doesn't conveniently find this magical awesome Gunpla on a shelf that's free for him to take. Either he builds his own Gunpla, or he has a dedicated builder, like Reiji had Sei.
The main rival is Junya, not Wilfritto.
>>
>>12242619
I forgot one thing, no assimilation. That's retarded.
>>
File: 39128609.png (135 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
39128609.png
135 KB, 533x800
Remove Wilfrid and Mirai, they are nothing compared to the true oniisama
Also remove Ral, he has no fucking purpose in this show and he's not even funny anymore
>>
>>12242619
I'm fine with him finding it but if it has to be the end all of Gunpla he should be the one doing the upgrades. And yeah assimilation is indefensible, should have been scrapped as soon as someone thought of it.
>>
"Fixing" it, more like completely changing the story structure and its characters.

For starters, get rid of the shitty martial arts theme, team battles and "LOOK THIS IS HOTBLOODED" bullshit. Get better MC and rivals, maybe remove Sekai completely and make Yuuma the main character. No harem/romcom antics. More cute little boys like Sei, Sazaki and Mao. No 00 wank. Remove Build Boring Gundam. Less focus on particles.

There's so many things wrong with this show that changing just some little things wouldn't help, so might as well hope that maybe one day there will be better series with more competent director.
>>
>>12242651
Oh yeah, forgot the most important thing: remove the assimilation theme. I'm afraid it has ruined the entire sub-franchise.
>>
>>12242651

>More cute little boys

Gee, I sometimes wonder if /m/'s hateboner towards Try is so strong is due to its lack of MUH IDEAL SHOTAS for /m/ to project their fantasies / lust / whatever on I already know the major problems, but this point sticks out for some reason
>>
>>12242651
Just remove the Jigan Haoh shit and you've fixed most of the first set of problems.
>>
>>12242674

So make Sekai a normal kid that practices martial arts and have Fumina (Yuuma optional) roped him into Gunpla Battle?
>>
File: 40251330.jpg (39 KB, 500x644) Image search: [Google]
40251330.jpg
39 KB, 500x644
>>12242661
Everyone likes little boys. But my issue is mostly that Try clearly tries to pander to otaku crowd with girl characters but even the boys in S1 were more lovable because there was actually some effort in their characterization.

Try girls:
Fumina: This is a cool girl who's really into Gundam... Oh wait just kidding, actually she's just a generic jealous girl who doesn't do anything interesting most of the time, now look at this erotic outfit of hers.
Mirai: That mother character was really popular in the first season, maybe oneesan character would work this time. Her personality is that she's beautiful.
Gyanko: This is the same character as that boy from the first season, except now it's a girl with huge tits! Oh and becomes completely irrelevant cheerleader because that's exactly what everyone wanted.
Shia: We just had to make a little sister character for lolicons too. No personality needed.
>>
>remove 3 man teams and make them 2 man
>hoshino still introduces sekai to gunpla but doesnt go to the same school
>sekai meets and battles yuuma at school
>sekai and yuuma become partners in crime
>they enter the U-19 tournament
>no fucking 48 team bullshit
>8 teams
>sekai and yuuma
>junya and adou
>lucas and wilfrid (now related to julian mackenzie)
>shia and hoshino (revealed she goes to he gunpla academy)
>since yuuma was a bitch nigga after his loss hosino decided to move on
>suga akira and sudo
>gyanko and new random
>kenshou and karima
>suduo and minato
>improve pacing, tournament starts at ep 9
>lucas and wilfrid lose junya and aduo in semi's
>shia and hoshino lose to sekai and yuuma in semi's
>yuuma and hoshino put aside their differences
>shia and hoshino help sekia and yuuma make dope gunplas for the final
> sekai and yuuma win, thus ending their beefs with the other 2 and regaining their pride

either this or straight up 1v1 fights
>>
>>12242701

fuck, put the same guy twice

>*minato and kenshou
>>
File: hmm3.png (293 KB, 863x650) Image search: [Google]
hmm3.png
293 KB, 863x650
>>12242547
That pose is apparently used by people attempting to ingratiate themselves to others in many cultures. The Happy Mask Man in Majora's Mask does it too.

He's also from Osaka, the place known for shrewd businessmen.
>>
So lets skip ahead a bit, how do you make the Academy not a bunch of bland as fuck rivals?
>>
Make Minato the main character and Tryon 3 the lead mech.
Do away with assimilation.
Bring back Fellini and Sei
>>
>>12242449
Remove assimilation from the premises. No qualifying rounds. 3v3 is a new format in-universe, which exists at the World and National levels, but not yet at Regionals.

The main characters, for whatever combination of reasons, are all in a position where they're qualified for Nationals, but have no team.
>>
>>12242714

After thinking about it, it is actually quite hard to not make them not bland due to "look at them and their undefeated record!"

>>12242728

>Bring back characters that have no stake in the plot just to please people's boner for them

NOPE.jpg

>>12242738

How would they qualify without a team in the first place?
>>
>>12242714
Have them act like the Trinity siblings and have their gunpla be based on the Throne Gundams.
>>
File: Gundam_The_End_Front.png (117 KB, 447x638) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_The_End_Front.png
117 KB, 447x638
>>12242745
It's even all over their Gunpla, they just seem near invincible. Not too mention trying really too hard for one character.
>>
>>12242449

>Jigen Haoh is a style of Gunkata, keeping Sekai from being useless
>Hoshino and Kousaka are on separate teams leading to animosity and development between them as the series goes on
>More Victory, X, and ZZ units. Amazing Red Warrior is replaced with Bawoo Amazing.
>Minato becomes a mentor figure for Sekai after trashing him, teaching him how to put his soul into Gunpla building
>>
>>12242745
Based on overall records from Regionals, which aren't 3v3.

Forming a team out of qualified fighters is the first barrier to entry, so that you don't get a situation with one qualified fighter and two jobbers that are just there to get their top fighter into the game.
>>
File: black angelo.gif (138 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
black angelo.gif
138 KB, 160x160
Gundam Age should have been a Build fighter-esque show with all the different forms of Age being the custom parts built by the MC to tactically fight against scouted opponents.

>Season 3 MC is an AGE fan
>Uses vanilla AGE line suits
>Season 3 is a hit because dakka
>AGE becomes highest selling line of Gunpla
-----------

My thoughts are:
>1v1 battles
>Battles are done ala Pokemon style
>You can set 3 Gunpla, but you can only control one at a time, the rest are in a hangar.
>One gets destroyed, you can launch another

This would have solved Season 1's Build MK-II's not enough screen time problem and Bandai could rehash another old design for more money

There's also an "incapacitated mode" ala Megaman X8 style where you can momentarily switch control of one mobile suit to another in the hangar if the first one is incapacitated.

This leaves an opportunity to have a NewType ace rival seamlessly toggle through all three suits at once making it seem like there's three pilots.

Yeah that's a pretty stretch idea.
>>
Main character loves gunpla battle, but is shit at building. Uses something like a snap-build Ryuubi SD, since that's the only thing he can handle making. Maybe justify his love by having a cool older brother who's pretty good at gunpla. Give him a neat weapon, too. Something his bro-bro gave him as a gift or whatever.

Keep the teams of three, but like previous anons said, make it best of three 1v1 matches.

Half the battles of a regular shounen tournament, the extra time will get devoted to fleshing out characters. Maybe have a repeating "two teams just shooting the shit before the match in the green room" scene.

No assimilation, of course. No cameos by any previous characters from the franchise, be they from BF, BFT, or either of the manga. Maybe they get name-dropped every once in a while, that's the most of it.

I guess the rest of the protag's team would be a bridge bunny and a builder guy. Make the builder guy chubby for the sake of comedic effect.

Also they're not middle- or high-schoolers. And no romantic subplots, the hamfisted shipping will be left to the fans.

Also cool mid-season upgrades and the inevitable jump from "shitty snap-build SD" to "pretty alright HG I made with my pals helping me and my bro motivating me."
>>
By saying fuck the GBF system and giving Gunpla Builders a full fledged series.
>>
>>12242784
>Also they're not middle- or high-schoolers
Elementary school?
>>
>>12242798
You sassy motherfucker.
>>
>>12242798

Depending on the quality of the shotas (and the token lolis), it could either give /m/ a raging hard on or turn /m/ off of shotas until the end of time.
>>
>>12242805
No it's a serious question, I don't know what else it could be. Adults aren't marketable.
>>
>>12242808
Hey, everyone likes Saga.

Have it take place in the summer break after they get out of high school. The delicious zone of "not a student or an adult" that Japan fears and America loves.

Little kids will feel like badasses for making gunpla better than the one the MC made.
>>
>>12242814
No I don't, also he's a high-school student or so he claims.
>>
>>12242784
I'm all for breaking the mold but I dont think having your MC roll with a shit tier build is all that good of an idea.
>>
>>12242819
He's got the chin and hair of Jay Leno. He's clearly a vagrant they picked up off the street.
>>
>>12242821
As serious as they take this shit it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to bring in a ringer if he can win.
>>
>>12242820
Nah man, it's endearing. He's doing the best with what he has and, because of hard work and dedication, he eventually ditches the shitty SD and moves on to something better to show a logical and realistic progression of skills.

No overnight scratch-builds, but at least a nicely painted kitbash.
>>
>>12242820

Not him, but I think it would be better if the main character start with a straight build + minimal finish first, and then with time and practice he begin to build better Gunpla and eventually customize it to suit his taste and fighting style
>>
>>12242827
Clearly he's a homeless man who was giving off plavsky particles in a back alley somewhere.

>>12242838
This guy knows what I'm talking about. Also, maybe make that SD a gift from his bro. Give the main character a good reason to keep it in nice shape and learn better techniques for stuff like that.

>Episode 10: Removing the Stuck-on Past
He peels the stickers off and paints on better details.
>>
>>12242838
That's what Sazaki was doing
>>
>>12242848
And look where it got him, a second-rate character that only has anything meaningful to say in doujins.
>>
File: 99.jpg (531 KB, 1023x1365) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
531 KB, 1023x1365
>>12242851
Never forget the World Top 16
>>
>>12242856
rip in piece sazaki-chan ;-;7
>>
>>12242844
>Give the main character a good reason to keep it in nice shape
Gives him more of a reason not to use it since they tend to get destroyed.
>>
>>12242755
For someone who talks all macho he picked a pretty far ranged way of fighting.
>>
>>12242860
Counter-point. Some people want to have fun with their gunpla. You can keep your action figures MISB as much as you want but the cool kids are going to be smashing them into each other.
>>
>>12242860

There's always Damage Level C and Practice Mode for him to test building techniques with
>>
>>12242844
Is he a gunpla hobo, then?
>>
>>12242880
No.

He -was- a gunpla hobo. He'll only go back to that life if he loses.
>>
>>12242884

So, basically a rule 63 Aila but without the plavsky hax?
>>
>>12242884
Gunpla hobos are such byronic heroes...their love is their downfall.
>>
>>12242887
>>12242892
Yes to both.
>>
File: 185.jpg (12 KB, 256x243) Image search: [Google]
185.jpg
12 KB, 256x243
>>12242814
>>12242819

>mfw every time Saga appears.
>"That motherfucker is AT LEAST 23."
>>
>>12242928

To be fair, Not!Banana from SRSC looks like he is in his early 20s too
>>
File: 1424220802735[1].png (572 KB, 1130x606) Image search: [Google]
1424220802735[1].png
572 KB, 1130x606
Gunpla hobo?
>>
File: 10291235k.jpg (228 KB, 1200x647) Image search: [Google]
10291235k.jpg
228 KB, 1200x647
>>12242934
There was a Banana-looking guy in SRSC?
I'm not sure I see it.

I could buy them being teenagers though. Even that tennis-player looking guy.
>>
>>12242962
>sometime when times are dire he puts stickers instead of painting
NOT EVEN ONCE
>>
>>12243012

I was referring to the team leader being Not!Banana since he is voiced by Uchiyama aka BananaG
>>
>>12243043
Oh, I gotcha.
I figure he's okay to be older since he was their coach or something.
>>
>>12243050

They even have a coach of their own but who cares anyway since the team decided to shit the bed when NOT AS PLANNED happened
>>
>>12242449
>Julian Nemesis and Minato are the main rivals and get more screen time
>Battle format is 2v2 with Fumina and Yuuma. Yuuma's gunpla stays relatively the same while Star Winning is refocused to more close combat roles.
>Most plavsky hax is removed, as well as any instance of players running low on plavsky particles.
>>
I liked this one idea someone had of just making it G Gundam with toys. Keep the national tournament setting but make it so Junya is the bad guy from the start and he's possessed by his edgy gunpla and corrupting the game with his faggot tryhard playstyle, and everyone is trying to stop him from ruining the world tournament with his edgemaster bullshit. Get rid of the team format,make it so the bulk of the show is the qualifiers which is a timed open free-for-all with points so there can be more fights and development between people before they have their one shot in the official tourney.

Also remove Wilfred, he is shit. Remove Lady and Mirai too, they are useless. Also, less Ral and Yuuki since at this point they are joke characters/barely even in the show and when they are their character is only diminished.
>>
>>12242577
I like the idea of a point based tournament. It would give our main team the chance to lose a few times yet still advance.

A few different match up types like racing or 3 round 1v1 matches would give some nice variety to the show and let more people shine.
>>
>>12242449
Fumina is the main character who overcomes her shortcomings throughout the series.
Sekai provides hotblood support and has taught Fumina some martial arts by the end of the series. He still uses the Build Burning
Yuuma provides ranged support and teaches Fumina advanced modelling techniques. Instead of Lightning Zeta, Yuuma uses a new custom gunpla every week.
Both Sekai and Yuuma lend parts to Fumina occasionally

Gyanko, Minato and Boxerbro are series-long rivals for Fumina, Yuuma and Sekai respectively
Sekai has series-long subplot where he has to defeat gunpla fighters representing martial arts of the world
Yuuma-Minato modelling rivalry remains same
Particle mechanics of gunpla battle is toned down considerably
Less beams more ballistics
>>
>>12243098

So ... Relay Races, Capture the Flag, Timed Objective Scenarios (to see which team can achieve victory fastest with the least casualties), and such?
>>
>>12242449
Fanfiction isn't healthy.
>>
>Seriously giving this thread any replies.
>>
The problem with Yuuma is pretty much that the writers don't know what the hell to do with him.

Guy uses a sniping style with top quality builds and waverider models. But then what do we get? His gendum doesn't even fucking transform without a backpack. His upgrades are two backpacks. He doesn't even fucking snipe, outside of the first time he appears he doesn't set up positions, or fight with any kind of tactics. All his "moments" are horrible too, because instead of displaying cleverness or skill, it's just "I made my suit so well, that it is stupidly OP" like being faster than trans-am Kyrios in normal mode or some total bullshit that ends up meaning nothing because half the time he flies at normal speed or just fucks off in battle and does nothing.

For real, they have no idea wtf they're doing with this guy. At this point his only role is to be Minato's rival which is hilarious because Minato started out with no character besides being Yuuma's rival.
>>
>>12243118
If you are going to have teams you should at least take advantage of it.

>>12243105
A female protagonist would be an interesting change and Yuuma should have more upgrades since he is an expert builder. If they made Yuuma more of a tactician that built custom backpacks or gunpla to counter the enemy I think he would be more interesting.
>>
>>12242449
Keep Sei as the MC
there
we wouldn't be choking on JIGEN HAO dildos
>>
>>12243130
Part of his development was the revelation that one of the reasons that he uses a sniping style is because he's overly cautious and doesn't want to risk getting hit or damaged. Getting over that has been the reason he's been swapping more to a more aggressive high mobility style.

As for the not transforming without a backpack, Lightning is a custom Re-GZ, which needs an entire separate flyer to transform. Yuuma took the flyer idea and made it into a backpack that lightning can wear into battle and can also apparently function on its own as a sub unit like the Build strike had.
>>
>>12242449
>make Fumina the actual MC AND A GUNPLA NERD
>remove the assimilation shit
>skip nationals and go straight to world tournament
>Sei and Meijin are the final bosses
>>
>>12243267
I honestly have no problem with it just being a national tournament this time around. Besides it, they've mentioned various other tournaments and contests that show just how popular gunpla battle really is that there is a lot more out there than just the world tournament.

Kind of wish Sei was manning the hobby shop though and would occasionally give pointers or something. Doesn't need to be a major role, he would just be kind of there.
>>
>>12243231
It's like everybody forgets how bad the Winning Knuckle was.
>>
>>12242449
REMOVE SEKAI
E
M
O
V
E

S
E
K
A
I
>>
>>12243321
RG Knuckle was annoying, but I could forgive it because it was a finisher. The Star Build Strike had plenty of other weapons and made use of them before resorting to the RG system. The exception would be against Neils, but that was justified because beams are ineffective against his fighting style.

Although I still think RG Knuckle beating the Maoh Sword is total BS. Does anyone have an explanation of how that worked?
>>
File: 1421272506433.webm (2 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1421272506433.webm
2 MB, 900x506
will livestream be on at 4 AM EST or 5 AM EST due to daylight savings?
>>
>>12243375

5 am
>>
>>12243322
A agree, brother.
>>
>>12243343
Nils is really lucky all his opponents had only beam weapons all through the tournament.
>>
>>12243681

Nils could blow up his opponents by touching them like a Fist of the North Star character using gendum chi blasts. He only lost due to plot.
>>
>>12243343
>Although I still think RG Knuckle beating the Maoh Sword is total BS. Does anyone have an explanation of how that worked?

It didn't beat the Maoh Sword, the Maoh Sword beat the Gundam X. The sword was a makeshift technique that came out of nowhere and so the Maoh couldn't take the stress since Mao didn't modify it to after wasting time finding himself and stuff instead.
>>
>>12243693
that makes sense. It sucks that the Maoh Sword didn't work out for him. It was so cool to see such a giant sword again.
>>
>>12243689
He has to get close enough to do that. And I'm not saying he isn't strong (His skill and gunpla are both great), just that its lucky his little anti-beam thing was an effective counter against literally every opponent he fought with sengoku astray. Not to mention they all fired conveniently large beams he could follow his slash and jump through.

For example, how would he have countered a funnel user, or a dakka ms, or a missile spam?
>>
>>12242449
Don't have Shia come back at the end of the fight against Lucas. Adou takes out Lucas' two batteries, gets wrecked by Lucas after finishing off the second one. Wilfrid and Lucas go 1v1 but it ends in a tie that leaves both gunpla unable to fight. GA picks up the win because the G-Portent is still active.
>>
>Remove Sekai
>Remove Fumina
>Remove Yuma
>1v1 instead of 3v3
>Make Minato, Fudou, Shimon, Gyanko and Adou more relevant
>More cameos
>Remove Lady
>Stop with the forced romance
>Stop with the Exias
>Bring Back Fellini
>>
>>12243744

Apparently his gendum is just incredibly fast since he was always able to close in, and if he can cut a laser he can probably bullshit ways to cut smaller beams/deflect them like a Jedi/spin his samurai sword F91 style to ruin dakka/funnels.

The only one who could have beat him was probably Aila since she had hands down the biggest bullshit out there which would have rendered her unbeatable if it wasn't for Buld Strike's Phase Shift Plot Armor.
>>
>>12243784
Build strike doesn't have PSA. In fact, we haven't seen psa at all in gunpla battle. A justice even got taken out by cannon rounds and heat cleavers.
>>
>4v4 format
>opponents are mostly original and tacticool versions of grunt units
>custom SRW and LBX models also gets thrown into the mix
>Junya as batshit MC going it alone with his various kung fu moves and barely winning each match with a Leo
>Sleggar joins him 3 episodes in with Raider Gundam
>Shimon turns out to be both American and Japanese, having left Japan with his mother after their parents divorce
>he returned to Japan as an American boxing champ to look after his little brother
>Minato joins the qualifiers on his own to knock Yuuma out of it so that he'll focus on artistic contests instead
>Shimon and Minato, after being knocked out of the qualifers, become recurring support characters and officially the team join in episodes 7 and 11 with straight build Destiny and SD Ryofu Tallgeese, respectively
>Junya gets BTFO in a sparring match with the Gunpla Academy before the nationals and realizes he's not hot shit after all
>Minato builds Junya a custom Tianlong to replace his rekt Leo, teaching him the bonds of friendship
>Sleggar, Shimon and Minato upgrade to Gelb Raider, straight build Max Revolver and SD Kouki midway through the nationals
>>
cont from >>12244119

>Sekai, Yuuma, Fumina and Gyanko show up as Team Try Fighters for the ultimate final boss fight
>Junya gets his shit rekt by Sekai's plot powered asspull plavsky hax
>he remembers happily training with his fellow student Sekai and their mysterious master
>montage ensues showing his descent into madness and solitude
>montage continues with various scenes of him learning to enjoy gunpla battle alongside his new friends
>cue the sudden realization that the ultimate secret of Jigen Haoh is simply that the meaning of one's fist is for each individual to discover on their own
>Tianlong goes Meikyo Shisui hyper mode and uses a combination of all Junya's martial arts techniques to outmaneuver, outskill and counter Sekai's overpowered brute force techniques
>with Try Burning Gundam felled, the rest of Junya's team achieve a come from behind victory against the other Try Fighters
>Junya and Sekai reconcile as friends moments before the Meijin and Lady appear to challenge the champions to an exhibition match
>Sleggar steps down and goes on a date with forehead so that Sekai can join in with his God Burning Gundam, adorned with Star Winning's parts and Full Burnern's backpack
>Junya, Sekai, Shimon and Minato face off against Meijn, Lady, Fellini and Mao
>match ends in a draw
>epilogue shows Junya and Sleggar traveling across the country with forehead and playing gunpla battle for fun
>Fumina merges the gunpla battle club with the plamo club
>Shimon shows off his trophy to an awestruck Mamoru with their parents having reunited for the moment
>Minato and Yuuma let their rivalry flare in the artistic contest he mentioned earlier in the show
>Sekai is training under his sister's supervision when their master appears and...then the show ends
>>
Team Celestial Sphere: if these boring dumbfucks are going to be the main adversaries, they have to be remade in order to be properly hateable. Not hateable as in "I don't want to see these characters in this show anymore", but rather "I want to see these evil assholes eat shit hard".

All three should be just unequivocally Chaotic Evil. Wilfrid should be the most arrogant poor-sportsmanship motherfucker ever, openly talking shit about everyone else in the hobby, telling 5-year-old kids to kill themselves, stuff like that. He believes he's owed a victory 100% of the time because he just is, and everyone else is just shit. When he eventually loses, he throws a freakout worthy of Chris-chan and literally shits his pants.

Then Adou. Adou is a schoolyard bully, a violent asshole both on the board and in real life, goes out of his way to break other peoples' gunpla, just pure mindless aggression. Also always goes for opponents that are weaker than him because bully.

Finally, Shia. Shia is the worst of all. She's the backstabber, the traitor, the jezebel. She seduces one of the main characters and turns them on each other, sabotages their gunpla, poisons them IRL or gives them HIV.
>>
>>12242449

Can we have a chance to rewrite both of them? Both wasted a lot of potential and came down to punch it harder to win.
>>
>>12244119
>custom SRW and LBX models also gets thrown into the mix

SRW kits aren't made by bandai and Danball isn't a sunrise owned property in any way. It would never happen.
>>
>>12244395
>and Danball isn't a sunrise owned property in any way.

Or at least I'm pretty sure it's not. Eitehr way the animation rights are tied up with another studio.
>>
>>12242449
>a try hard young adult insisting he'll only use grunt units to win the national s.
>relying only on piloting skills
>the arduous journey to the top with an acguy
>>
>>12244363
Do it.
>>
I would go with the whole "point based qualifiers" system, mix it up with different game modes like the original BF, and revert it back to 1v1. I would also make the protagonist Kaizuka Inaho, an emotionless autistic robot that narrows down the enemy gimmick and takes them out effortlessly with his snapbuilt grunt suit, improving it after each battle until it's finally a full custom gendum.

Maybe the protag can also be a cute girl who dresses in slutty outfits, because why not.
>>
>>12244161
I would actually like them to have more character development. I liked Yuuki from the first season because he was a nice guy who had godly skills and wanted to spread gunpla. I think for a show like this I would rather the rival be someone I'd like to be friends with. I mean this is still a game with plastic toy models. Anyone who is being mean spirited in this type of setting is just rude.
>>
>>12243130
Don't forget MUH PROMISE
>>
>>12244443

I don't care if Celestial Sphere is good or evil, but I would like them to be something. Right now they are THE antagonists in this show, the big bosses, built up to be so fucking incredible... and they are like a huge fucking nothing.

Seriously. Shia has the barest hint of personality and no reason to even be fighting. Wilfred is easily the worst. The dude has no personality, no emotion, nothing interesting about him whatsoever, even his gunpla is bland as fuck, he's just some dude who is really good, that's it. He has no motivation, and somehow he's the main rival... why? It's a joke.

Adou is actually interesting but he's sidelined on his own team. It's sad.
>>
>>12244456
>He has no motivation

It's been mentioned several times he's aiming to be the next meijin and looks up to Yuuki as something to aspire towards.
>>
>>12244490

I'll take your word for it that they've said something like that at some point, but that doesn't make him remotely interesting. That's the most generic possible motivation. That's like saying that he wants to be the champion because he wants to be the champion.
>>
>>12244503
>>12244490

Also if he supposedly admires Yuuki, he sure as fuck doesn't show it in his behavior. Yuuki has passion and love for gunpla. Wilfrid has no apparent emotions.
>>
>>12244490
And said admiration has been barely relevant.
>>
>>12244490
>>12244503
>>12244508

IIRC he did say that, but does it even really seem like he means it? He says it one time and after that he's just getting sucked off by others talking about how brilliant he is and being stoic as fuck.

If they actually pushed it more that he admired Yuuki and it was a point that he wants to be Meijin but he doesn't have what it takes because he is a boring fucking ice cold autist motherfucker I could get behind this but nothing like that is implied, his admiration for Yuuki doesn't come up, he is just generic as fuck.
>>
>>12244456
>He has no motivation, and somehow he's the main rival... why?
Because he just went ahead and said it.
He just fucking said DIBS ON BEING SEKAI'S RAIVARU. That's stupid in so many ways it's kinda amazing really.
>>
>>12244543

KONO PRESSURE, etc.
>>
>>12244520
>his admiration for Yuuki doesn't come up

Rewatch the episode where the phoenix attack is first used. Him wanting to be meijin comes up like twice and he really comes off as holding Yuuki in high regard.

They shouldn't need to keep pounding it into your head every episode.

>I can only get behind him if he's a cold hearted autistic failure.

Really?
>>
>>12242449
Tell me about Junya. Why does he wear the hood?
>>
>>12244605
>Really?

Yes. At least then he would be interesting.
>>
>>12244614
He's got a giant bald spot and early male pattern baldness runs in his family. He's really self-conscious about it.
>>
>>12244543
You can't just let your character shout out what they want or feel! That just makes me angry!
>>
>>12244632
Actually, you kind of do need to in kids shows. Most kids aren't great at picking up on it otherwise.
>>
>>12244543

That's also how Fumina's laughable "rivalry" with Shia is handled.

>>12244605

Dude, that so-called admiration has no relevance to the story at all. It hasn't affected anything in the plot and it's not related to the main characters in any way. It's like saying he's from France and acting like that's somehow a thing that makes him not a dull useless piece of shit.

Also good job completely failing to get what he meant at that last point. He was saying that if it was a plot point that Wilfrid is an emotionless autist, that would be a valid character, but they're not treating it as a plot point. He's just nothing.
>>
Replace Fumina, Sekai and Yuuma with Gyanko, Shimon and Minato/Sudou.
>>
>>12244667
Funny you bring that up. Wilfred has been mentioned to be like he is because he's "bored" since there isn't really that many people who can push him at all anymore. That's why he locks onto Sekai so hard. He sees Sekai as one of the rare people who can potentially give him an enjoyable battle. So yeah, it does tie into his motivations. Allen even mentions to Yuuki that he's similar to how Yuuki was in the past until he met Sei.
>>
>>12244696
Isn't that actually Adou's motivation?
Looking for someone strong enough to give a fun fight?
>>
>>12244667
>Build fighters
>Plot

Even the first season only had a barely paper thin plot. Try doesn't even have that. There is only the premise "We're competing in the Gunpla tournament" leftover from Season 1.
>>
>>12244708

It is both Adou and Wilfrid's, which annoys me since the Open Tournament (GBWC) is still a thing and no one is really stopping these two from competing by themselves before Try's plot began
>>
>>12244708
Yes. They are the same like that, although Wilfred is hinted at being stronger which is part of why his character probably handles it differently than Saga does. What's more because they are on a team together they can never actually face each other in a tournament, which is also mentioned. Allen is also purposefully holding them back and keeping them in the U19 for reasons that I either forget or are never explained, but was going to let them go onto the world tournament after this (Which Saga is apparently excited for).
>>
>>12244724
>which annoys me since the Open Tournament (GBWC) is still a thing and no one is really stopping these two from competing by themselves before Try's plot began

Allen mentions at one point that he's been keeping them from entering it IIRC. Maybe to gain experience or something so they don't get instantly humiliated or lose their confidence. I don't know about the regional part of the open tournament, but the way Meijin talked he made it sound like Saga would be small potatoes in the world part of it.
>>
>>12244713

At least in S1, for what flaws it had, it did a good job of making you actually look forward to the robot fights. You knew the fights would be good, but not only that, the characters in the fights were developed and had personality and it felt like the fights had meaning to them

The last character in Try who seemed to fight for something was Sudou. Everyone else is just there. At least in G Gundam you had Domon's revenge, Chibodee wanted to be a real American hero, Russian guy had to free his boys, there was the Devil Gundam conspiracy. At least in BF1 Sei wanted to git gud because his dad was runner up once and there was the Mashita thing. Fellini, who literally just wanted to fight because, still had more motivation because it was him and his beloved gendum representing so many years of fighting against the world.

In Try, there is nothing. Just straight fucking nothing.
>>
>>12244746
Yuuma's trying to get over his butthurt and keep his promise to Fumina, Fumina's similar to Sei in that she wants to get gud but keeps getting knocked out in the first round every year, Sekai is the weakest in that he's just competitive and latched onto gunpla battle because there is no martial arts clubs at his school, Wilfred wants to be the new Meijin and being the best is part of that, Sagas just an asshole who likes fights, Lucas is following Aila's advice, and Minato entered to compete with Yuuma.

While a bit weak, the motivations are there if you look for them.
>>
>>12244746

>You knew the fights would be good in S1

Not after the Round Robin in GBWC when we all know that Seiji would be in the finals due to MUH FATE and their fights became hilariously predictable
>>
>>12244774
The early actual tournament fights in the regionals were also pretty weak. No fight lasted more than two minutes at most other than Kirara's and they mostly consisted of the Build strike and build MK II curbstomping every opponent with it's superior build plus reiji's skills.
>>
>>12244786

The random no-name fights in BF1 were more creatively directed and better animated than mainline fights in Try.
>>
>>12244774

In what universe would the main characters NOT make it to the finals?
>>
>>12244794

If we are talking about any anime with tournaments as plots, Cardfight Vanguard is the only one that I can think of and that scenario technically happened twice
>>
>>12244794
A universe where the tournament arc is merely part of the overall plot rather than a neverending cancer that consumes the entirety of the shows airtime.
>>
File: minato.png (43 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
minato.png
43 KB, 300x400
>>12242513
>>
Man, so many people just scrapping the whole thing, i thought this was a fix-it-up, not a reboot thread, well my take on it:

>Remove the 3v3
It doesn't work, it added nothing to the show but bland or non characters.

>Sekai as MC, Fumina and Yuuma as support
Now Sekai can take the spotlight without actually stealing it. Have Fumina slowly teach him the wonder of gundam with fanwank shit (think male Sei) while Yuuma slowly teaches him about shit other than melee (shooting, sword use, air movement). They can still fight but alone, outside of the tournament and in their own little subplots.

>Remove assimilation
The ending of GBF was only acceptable because it was that, the climax so they had to go crazy, but ever making the fight have real effects on the player is shit.

>No harem shit
Have only either Fumina, Gyanko or Shia like Sekai, instead have OTPs like the last show had.

>Remove or Re-purpose excessively bland or mostly unnecessary characters.
Wilfrid, Ral (i like him but he does shit this season), Lucas and other characters either are completely scrapped or better characterized.

There, i made Try go from a 3/10 to a 5/10.
>>
>>12244961
>male Sei)
>>
>>12244977
Damn, when i thought my post was flawless you had to come and ruin it to me, and a factual flaw of all things, well fuck it.

>female Sei
>>
>>12242449
change nothing, I like the fights and don't need a lot of development for most of the teams
>>
>1v1 battles
>Simon is the midboss
>Junya is the final boss
>Actually kicks the shit out of sekai within the first 5 episodes, of which have been CHICKEN HOW'RE YOU? spam
>Sekai has to learn beyond chicken
>Last episode is a martial arts showdown
>>
>>12242449
Remove Sekai or make him a background character
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.