[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you /m/en think of the Lost Planet series? The first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7
File: Lost-Planet_X360_ESRB.jpg (309 KB, 640x910) Image search: [Google]
Lost-Planet_X360_ESRB.jpg
309 KB, 640x910
what do you /m/en think of the Lost Planet series?
The first game, which I bought on a whim 5 years ago, converted me to the path of mecha. The Vita Suits were so captivating. The game had a cool combination of slow clunky (westernish) type suits and the fast, agile humanoid ones as well.
>>
the Hardballer was the shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 900x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 900x850
First one was great. Second one was a fun, campy, over-the-top slaughterhouse that was a real blast with friends. Both were /m/ as fuck in all the right ways.

Then the third one sent it all to hell.

But the VS designs in the first two were great. I'm not usually one for "walker" types, but all the suits, walker and humanoid, really grew on me.

Granseed is my waifu.
>>
File: storm-shadow.jpg (121 KB, 307x453) Image search: [Google]
storm-shadow.jpg
121 KB, 307x453
When I played LP1 for the first time recently I was surprised to see that the hero was modeled after Byung-hun Lee.
>>
File: Very Big....jpg (110 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
Very Big....jpg
110 KB, 1024x640
>>11755545
Loved the first Lost Planet. It had a lot of great multiplayer game modes and I played a TON of it.

The second game was probably one of my favorite games of the generation. Super fun to play co-op with 3 friends, a ton of replay-ability, character customization and a lot of cool easter eggs. Plus the taunts, special moves and Vital Suits just gave the game so much personality. I absolutely love the animations for the characters and Vital Suits as well.

I've sort of stayed clear of the third one since it looks like such a massive departure from the things I loved about the first two games.

It really breaks my heart when I think about how ill-received these games were.
>>
>>11755571
M-Metal Gear?!
>>
I played a bit of the first one and really liked it. Would love to get it again.
>>
Lost Planet 1 was one of the first PS3 games I bought. I loved the presentation, it felt like being in the middle of a sci-fi action film. One thing I didn't like about it was Luka, she can go die in a fire, Basil is best girl.
>>
File: 1398061388886.webm (3 MB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
1398061388886.webm
3 MB, 576x324
I've only played Ex Troopers.
>>
Lost Planet 2 is in my opinion one of the greatest /m/ related games of the last generation, and I really hope that if we ever get another Lost Planet game that it'll be closer to 2 than any other game in the series
>>
I really need to get around to playing them, I bought 1, 2, and EX Troopers (3 looked like it was the DmC of the franchise so I passed on it) months ago and I haven't started yet.

Using PTX-40A in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is fun as fuck though.
>>
File: GAB-25M_VS.jpg (26 KB, 576x464) Image search: [Google]
GAB-25M_VS.jpg
26 KB, 576x464
Only thing I really remember from LP1 was this VS. I just remember wrecking the boss on the level where you could get it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.