[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /m/ which dark history civilization was most likely the one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: gundamkitscollectionSS031.jpg (171 KB, 1280x899) Image search: [Google]
gundamkitscollectionSS031.jpg
171 KB, 1280x899
So /m/ which dark history civilization was most likely the one to create the Turn A gundam and why?
>>
Fuck off with these threads already. Fucking Christ. They're worse than super vs real threads. Can the janitor just start deleting them now? Surely these shitpost fests are breaking some kind of rule.
>>
>>11694644
None that we know of. Turn A was reverse-engineered from Turn X, so it would be someone around when Turn X drops. That has not happened in any other show so we honestly have no idea.
>>
The Moonrace made Turn A, reverse-engineering it from the Turn X. You mean to ask who made the Turn X.

My money is on the jerk Newtypes that left the solar system, so you can blame Judau and all his descendants. They were unable to create their perfectly harmonious civilization, because Newtypes are not the perfect masters of understanding. They cause more shit than they solve. Fuck Newtypes.
>>
>>11694686
The Moonrace made neither suit. The Turn X was made by the asshole Newtypes, the Turn A was reverse-engineered when a Turn X drifted to Earth, and the two were pitted against each other by Earthnoids in some centuries-long war that ended with the Moonlight Butterfly incident. The Moonrace only became involved when the Turn X retreated to the Moon and was buried there, to be excavated 2300+ years later by the Ghingham Fleet.

To answer OP's stupid question, the civilization that built either of the Turns probably isn't one that we know or will know, until Sunrise starts giving a shit about the Correct Century and produces an animated Turn A prequel (and no, G-Reco doesn't count no matter how much people want it to... and personally I'd rather see a Turn A sequel instead but that's just me).
>>
>>11694672
I understand your frustration, but no, these threads aren't nearly as bad as any thread involving the words "super vs real"
>>
THE ICE AGE
>>
>>11694644
0079 since we actually see it.
>>
>>11694833
>I'd rather see a Turn A sequel instead but that's just me
Way to defeat Turn A's point, then.
>>
Simple.
They made the Turn A from the Turn X.
The Turn X is based on Future Century tech.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ3wzzO1p7M
>>
Assyrians
>>
>>11695093
Those are some of the worst threads. People start talking about the definitions of "real robot" and the thread just turns to shit.

Personally I think the "Would mecha actually be useful in combat" threads are worse though.
>>
>>11695727

> Turn-X looks nothing like the Devil Gundam JR
> The theory itself makes absolutely no sense
> It also contradicts the canon explanation for the suits origin
> No guys, seriously, Turn-X came from the Devil Gundam
>>
File: bestcharactersgetbestending_.jpg (445 KB, 376x1080) Image search: [Google]
bestcharactersgetbestending_.jpg
445 KB, 376x1080
>>11695716
I know, which is why it'll never happen.

I can't be the only one who wants to see what happens to Kihel and Harry though--their part of the "epilogue" in the final episode lends itself to a sequel while for everyone else there probably isn't much of a story to tell.

And then there's Sochie.
>>
>>11694644
The last one, of course.
>>
G Gundam.
>>
File: 1303618746132.jpg (46 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1303618746132.jpg
46 KB, 720x480
>>11695774
Fuck off, m8.
>>
>>11695093
Theses threads are still fucking shit though. Nobody is ever persuaded and new people will keep arguing the same shit over and over again.

I do think these are worse than stupid vses threads, at least they're not humorless and filled withboring walls of text.
>>
>>11695786
Why? Because I want to see Sochie become a steel-hearted industrialist and turn the Heim fortune into the Earth's first mobile suit manufacturer in millennia?

You fuck off for assuming I'm another hater.
>>
>>11695810
>You fuck off for assuming I'm another hater.
S-sorry, there just are so many in here.
>>
>>11695814
The only Turn A characters I truly despise are Midgard, Miran, and maybe Agrippa. Gym and Guin are close, but they are too amusing to hate.

I only find Sochie moderately annoying, but I understand why she's the way she is. I'm also one of the few who believe she didn't get the short end of the stick by not "winning" Loran (but I'm also not a Diannafag because I'm not entirely convinced Loran and Dianna's relationship is romantic or sexual).
>>
>>11695830
>hating on based Guin
He only wanted to industrialize Ameria!
>I'm not entirely convinced Loran and Dianna's relationship is romantic or sexual).
The epilogue kinda makes it explicit it's neither. I guess he's just taking care of her until she dies of "too many fucking hibernation"
>>
>>11695727
You know what kills that theory all together?

The fact that both suits are designed for newtype pilots making the only possible origin of the Turn X the UC colonists who left the solar system.

>>11695774
I'd rather see the interstellar Gundam series that is taking place somewhere out across the galaxy. Those assholes built the turn x in the first place. What kind of crazy wars are they waging out there that something like the turn x even exists.
>>
>>11695852
My beef with Guin is his treatment of Loran and Lily, and generally being full of shit. I just dislike deceptive, manipulative people, even if they are fictional.

And yes, I think only shippers will argue that it's anything beyond deep friendship and servitude but dat ring really gives us mixed messages. It'd really help if Sunrise or Tomino would just say "It's Will Game's!" but that's not gonna happen, haha.

>>11695859
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Turns' origins animated and everything, b-but muh UNIVERSE babbies...
>>
>>11695896
>Guin is his treatment of Loran
I think he genuinely liked him though, even if it was weird sometimes.
>>
>>11695859
So can we surmise that there are aliens running around and that they were the driving force behind the development of Turn X?
>>
>>11695859
>the only possible origin of the Turn X the UC colonists who left the solar system.

Pretty sure this is outright stated in multiple sources
>>
>>11695896
It's not really the origin of the Turn units I want, but the story of the people out there spread across the milky way. What planets have they occupied? What suns are they calling their home star? What kind of ships do they have, what kind of wars are being waged, what kind of universe is out there?

That sort of thing. Plus I've always been more interested in science fiction that treats humanity as if we're the first civilization to survive the time period where science develops apocalyptic weapons and set out into the vast expanse of space. I'm really sick of the super alien stories and precursor type bullshit.

That's why I can respect Avatar to a degree even if it is a hippy liberal white guilt movie.

>>11695923
I did enjoy the jokes that the UC colonists and their bullshit weapons are the reason the ELS came to Earth.
>>
Let's be honest here, the worst threads are the ones that focus on idiot females as opposed to actual robots
>>
Obviously MS Saga with the G System containing 8000 years worth of MS designs.
It's like an intergrated EXA-DB/AGE System. Plus there's already a bunch of era-clashed suits running around the world in the game.

MS Saga 2 probably ended with the Turn A ending civilization.
>>
>>11695859
Apparently wars in which the ability to obliterate all technology within large areas of the solar system is a real strategic need apparently.
>>
>>11695774
The reason I want a Turn A sequel is because Guin got sidelined by boring Ghingham. After all that foreshadowing between Loran and Guin, it just comes down to Loran ignoring his plea for help before he comes out of the closet to Lily. I wanted to see Loran fighting against Guin's mass-produced Turn As, trying to destroy that factory Guin wanted to build in Inglessa. Maybe that would betray Guin's fatal flaw, but I was disappointed in the ending we got nonetheless.

I refuse to believe that Guin is on that boat with Merrybell just to run away. He's going to Gallia, or Ezia, or whatever they called Africa, to rebuild his industrial empire from scratch.

I'll cross my fingers for a return to the Correct Century in 2019. 40th anniversary of Gundam, 20th of Turn A.
>>
>>11695774
I want a Turn A sequel with no major war, just politics and industrial revolutions with a backdrop of moon people and UC relics.
>>
>>11696564
As much as it goes against the very idea that Turn A's supposed to be the "end" of Gundam, you bring up another character whose path was left open by the epilogue, which further drives home my point that a sequel might not be such a bad idea.

>>11696631
Well, my vision of the sequel does not have an actual war, but centers around the rapid advancement of the Terrans, how fucked up the Moonrace are, and has ties to a very, very unpopular UC entry.
>>
>>11694833

I still hold the thought that the extra solar Newtypes ran into...something that may have kicked their ass outright and the Turn X is one of many (read grunt-like Zaku) that just happened to be on a drift course back towards Sol.
>>
>>11697376

They run into the Bydo.
>>
>>11697390
Did a bydo have a tech or are they purely organic?

>>11697376
I think Turn X isn't a grunt, because you don't put a grunt with a reset button like MLB. Also apparently Turn X Top is compatible with old UC tech like that Keylas Guille satellite cannon or whatever from Victory so Turn X must be some kind of top commander, designed to hijack whatever suit around if its body got destroyed before it regenerate itself fully for 1000 years.
>>
>>11695992
So Turn X destroyed ELS homeworld then 00 movie happened then several thousand years later Turn x drifted to sloar system?
>>
>>11697707

Unless its a grunt going up against tech of a level beyond logical thinking.
>>
>>11695757
>>11695804
Those threads would be at least bearable if people would accept that literally everybody has a different definition of the terms, lots of shows do not and don't have to fit neatly into whatever definition you're using, and most importantly, when you use them its more of a broad "you get what I mean" sort of use rather than something extremely specific.

I don't get everybody's whineboner over it anyway.
>>
>>11700316
These threads would be at least bearable if people would accept that official statements are canon and their retarded fanfic theories aren't
>>
>>11695852

> The epilogue kind makes it explicit it's neither. I guess he's taking care of her until she dies of "too many fucking hibernation"

> show never implies she is going to die from hibernation sickness
> only sickness we see anyone suffer from it in show is mental, not physical in Corin
> TE Spoiler guy's recent translation makes it explicit this is an intentional (if fucked up) form of punishment, not an accidental sickness
> people still saying Dianna is dying from hibernation.

She isn't dying from it. She's tired of ruling, which is why she walks away from it and leaves it to Kihel when she see's she is more than capable of it, not tired of living or dying due to some never mentioned sickness. The fact her and Loran are living alone in the middle of the countryside should make it pretty apparent it's supposed to be some kind of relationship, especially when she comments at various times throughout the show in admiration of Loran, slapping Sochie in defense of him and so on. They're just old fashioned people in a Edwardian setting, so they're taking their relationship slow.

>>11695896

> My beef with Guin is his treatment of Loran and Lily

What was wrong with it? He was perfectly nice to each of them and while he was using them, he wasn't really hurtful about it and in fact, seemed to like and respect both of them as people as well as view them as useful to his plans. He never tried to hurt them, not even really emotionally. They only came to opposition because his goal differed from theirs in the final stretch and he was willing to work with a psycho like Gym, not realizing just how batshit the dude was.
>>
>>11700366
>Gundam
>canon
kekola
>>
>>11700430
The thing with Dianna is she is most likely not dying, but she is definitely weak from extensive and repeated cryostasis. She flat out states in one episode that despite her young appearance she is "like an old lady." This isn't to say she cannot build back up her strength over time by living on Earth and no longer having her life extended via cryostasis. As for why Loran decided to live with her, that is up in the air. I personally think it is a matter of vassal and queen and not because they are in love: Loran most likely feels Dianna is far beyond his reach, and Dianna probably still only thinks of Will Game.

As for Guin, I think you are unfamiliar with sociopathy. His niceness is not genuine. He won't even call Loran by his actual name, for shit's sake.
>>
>>11701066
>Dianna probably still only thinks of Will Game.

I find that doubtful given how much effort she went into destroying all the things she had of him when she accepted that he was dead and that the second Will wasn't him.

Besides she was wearing a possible engagement ring at the end.
>>
>>11701109
Seconded. Diana not getting over Will Game is so contrary to her character development that it would render every action and line of dialogue meaningless. Whether or not she and Loran in love is debatable but she's wearing SOMEONE'S ring and just so happens to be living alone with a particular character she bonded with the closest over the course of 50 episodes.
>>
>>11701109
>>11701158
Damn, you're right (regarding getting over Will after realizing his grandson/great-grandson/whatever wasn't him, destroying the photograph of herself and the original Will, etc). How could I have have forgotten that? Been paying too much attention to Kihel I guess...
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.